Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
No, that's true. He's just alone in the daytime. They're actually staying in a hostel with a 15 young tourists in the same room. He played Yahtzee with them last night. Fortunately he is now enjoying some good Mexican food. His friend is being fitted with teeth implants, so its going to be a few days. They may go fishing too, which will be fun.

I love your sense of humor Judy. You don't seem like an old fuddy-duddy to me!

We did the caves too. It was fun & interesting. The Mayan man that gave us the tour was the same age as I was at the time. 53 I think... He had 26 children! And I forget how many grandchildren. His youngest was just a baby. Kept pointing out plants that were good for pre-childbirth; after childbirth; etc... He'd know!
Oh heavens! I know so many 'not fuddy-duddy' over-80 people!
The people I know have great stories and fantastic senses of humor! My mother and her friends are still so well and active... and funny. DH and I are always flattered if they ever include us.

Surely that Mayan tour guide has set some sort of record. Hesitating to ask, but here I go....surely not just from 1 woman?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
The people I know have great stories and fantastic senses of humor! My mother and her friends are still so well and active... and funny. DH and I are always flattered if they ever include us.

Surely that Mayan tour guide has set some sort of record. Hesitating to ask, but here I go....surely not just from 1 woman?
If so that woman had an S on her chest and was waring a cape! Amazing!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
If so that woman had an S on her chest and was wearing a cape! Amazing!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Yes! all from same wife (I had to ask)!

Yes, I enjoy lots of friends over 80 & they're still fun. My Grandma was 105 & still had quite a bit of spunk in her too.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes! all from same wife (I had to ask)!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Here I am! Just got home from hospital. They were goimg to keep me until my BP got a little better but then decided to release me as long as I check BP frequently and am in touch with my Dr. I think they would have kept me but were desparate for beds to be freed up. If my BP goes too high again, I am to go to ER again. Dr increased one of my BP drugs and prescribed pain meds for my headache. Tests show no organ damage from the high BP. Can't get in to see my Dr. till Monday which will give me time to see if the increased med plus pain meds help. ,

Will be staying home and trying to avoid flu, very scary how that is spreading.

Enjoyed all your posts as always and loved all your well wishes but just too tired right now for replies to all of you
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You must be exhausted.

So glad to "see" you again and I hope you just get better and feel better each day.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #248
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh, Buffy..Praying that you will be all better in a few days and that the new meds will work..We just love you and are so glad you checked in...Rest up..We want you back again in full force.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #249

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thank you so much for letting us know. I was starting to get a little panicky and was ready to stalk some of your Facebook friends to get news about you.
I'm so happy you're home and hope the new meds will make you all better. Thank God the BP didn't do any lasting damage to your organs. Did you get the flu shot this year? I did, and I'm still scared of it!!
Take care and check in when you can. We all sure do miss you when you're not here.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the update Buffy! We're praying for you
Its hard, but rest up! Let your body heal. I sure hope the meds are going to do the job.

I'm trying to fight off that cold. So far so good. Going to do the van-run with Shelby & avoid the cold, though its gorgeous out - sunny & 20 degrees.

Ordered my new laptop today. It will be here on Monday! So glad I don't have to read through specks anymore... brain-fry!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Thank you so much for letting us know. I was starting to get a little panicky and was ready to stalk some of your Facebook friends to get news about you.
I'm so happy you're home and hope the new meds will make you all better. Thank God the BP didn't do any lasting damage to your organs. Did you get the flu shot this year? I did, and I'm still scared of it!!
Take care and check in when you can. We all sure do miss you when you're not here.
AUGH! I get the flu shot every year and I always hear people murmuring how they never get it because they're afraid of it!!!

You know what would be great? New emoticons. It would be so cute to have one run zig-zaggy across the page waving its arms yelling! Like it's running away from the flu shot. Or from me.

Quote:
Thanks for the update Buffy! We're praying for you
Its hard, but rest up! Let your body heal. I sure hope the meds are going to do the job.

I'm trying to fight off that cold. So far so good. Going to do the van-run with Shelby & avoid the cold, though its gorgeous out - sunny & 20 degrees.

Ordered my new laptop today. It will be here on Monday! So glad I don't have to read through specks anymore... brain-fry!
So nice to have help with the high-tech world. My laptop is now 1 year old and it's still so zippy it seems like it's new. My DSonIL was with us at Thanksgiving while we were at the lake (2011). I told him I was ready for a new computer and he sat down the day after Thanksgiving, looked at all the online deals and said, "that one." It's been great ever since. Sometimes I think my head is full.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #252
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
First time on the computer again today!
The days go by so fast and there's so much to do!

Exercise, pedi, lunch with a friend, order cupcakes for my mom's bday, dog walk, and a yummy bacon wrapped cilantro chicken for dinner with roasted veggies!

And the first week of exercising is a killer.
i'm pooped!

Buffy!!!! i'm so glad you're home and out of that germy hospital!! Sleep well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

MK, will your son have a few days at home after his trip??
No he won't unfortunately!! We pick him up in St Louis on Saturday afternoon and he has to go back to Chicago on Sunday! Classes start on Monday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
We did cave tubing. A river ran thru a series of caves and we had helmets with lights on our heads. It was really cool.
Neat!!! They were told to bring head gear with lamps!

Quote:
... He had 26 children! And I forget how many grandchildren. His youngest was just a baby. Kept pointing out plants that were good for pre-childbirth; after childbirth; etc... He'd know!

Though we have a friend that's the oldest of 18 - one mom and no multiples!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
If so that woman had an S on her chest and was waring a cape! Amazing!

Linda - come on back and post!!

Judy - I get a flu shot every year - except i forgot this year!!
So pray for me!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #253
Princess Proofreader

Day 8, Wednesday January 9, 2013

South Water Caye Marine Reserve guided excursion.
 Breakfast at CBWS 7:30am
 Depart host location 8:30am; transfer 1 hour to Dangriga Town for ˝
hour water taxi (10:30am) ride to Tobacco Caye.
 Arrival orientation and settling in accommodation. 9
 Lunch at noon
 Afternoon snorkeling workshop to become comfortable with snorkeling
gear and familiar with reef etiquette
 Explore reef ecosystems with guide
 Dinner at Hotel, Tobacco Caye
 Evening presentation on Reef System Environmental Impacts or other
suitable topic at Tobacco Caye Marine Station (TCMS) by Station
Manager
Accommodations: Hotel, Tobacco Caye
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, DH now has Montezuma's revenge... He's taking the meds that we had left over from the trip we took years ago. Fortunately they still work! And I wrote out the instructions & stuck them in his bag before he left. He says he has been avoiding the lettuce, but since "everyone else" brushes their teeth in the water, he starts doing that too... guess what!? That's what he did last time we went & he got sick then too. Men!

He might get to go fishing tomorrow, if stomach settles down.

Mary Kay, Looks like your son had a marvelous day! That would be beautiful!
You're so right about the first week of exercise. If I miss one day the next day is really hard! That's why I HAVE to exercise every day... don't like that first day back after a break.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 AM   #255

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm still having problems sleeping. Wake up at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep. Ugh. I finally stopped fighting it and just get up and do something. Usually this.....get on computer.

I hope you're doing better today Buffy. Rest, rest, rest!!!!

MK, it's not too late to get a flu shot. And they say this year they hit the right flu strain on the head with the vaccine they're using. I have to take my dad in to the dr tomorrow and I'm dreading all the sick people who I know will be there. I'm contemplating wearing a mask! We leave 3 weeks from Saturday and I don't want to get sick, AGAIN.
How's your mom doing? Which b-day is this for her? Please give her b-day wishes from me.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #256

Hi ladies..

Oh, dear..on the MR, Debby..Been there, done that..Hope he is on the mend soon..One man in our group on a trip actually ate raw oysters..He ended up in the hospital..

Sandy, Sandy...I hate that you wake up..Not good...Wash your hands like crazy and don't sit near a sickie..LOL..

MK: Well, you can enjoy him for a little while and do his laundry..

We have rain..we need more..I'm sure most of us are in the same boat...

Check in later..Today is the first time I am Chairman for our Christian Women's Club..
I have written out all I have to say in case I forget..Wish me luck.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, DH now has Montezuma's revenge... He's taking the meds that we had left over from the trip we took years ago. Fortunately they still work! And I wrote out the instructions & stuck them in his bag before he left. He says he has been avoiding the lettuce, but since "everyone else" brushes their teeth in the water, he starts doing that too... guess what!? That's what he did last time we went & he got sick then too. Men!
Isn't that the truth? I hope that medicine did its work overnight. Thank goodness you sent it with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
South Water Caye Marine Reserve guided excursion.
 Breakfast at CBWS 7:30am
 Depart host location 8:30am; transfer 1 hour to Dangriga Town for ˝
hour water taxi (10:30am) ride to Tobacco Caye.
 Arrival orientation and settling in accommodation. 9
 Lunch at noon
 Afternoon snorkeling workshop to become comfortable with snorkeling
gear and familiar with reef etiquette
 Explore reef ecosystems with guide
 Dinner at Hotel, Tobacco Caye
 Evening presentation on Reef System Environmental Impacts or other
suitable topic at Tobacco Caye Marine Station (TCMS) by Station
Manager
Accommodations: Hotel, Tobacco Caye
That does sound like a fantastic day yesterday - very full though. Ah, youth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'm still having problems sleeping. Wake up at 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep. Ugh. I finally stopped fighting it and just get up and do something. Usually this.....get on computer.

I hope you're doing better today Buffy. Rest, rest, rest!!!!

MK, it's not too late to get a flu shot. And they say this year they hit the right flu strain on the head with the vaccine they're using. I have to take my dad in to the dr tomorrow and I'm dreading all the sick people who I know will be there. I'm contemplating wearing a mask! We leave 3 weeks from Saturday and I don't want to get sick, AGAIN.
How's your mom doing? Which b-day is this for her? Please give her b-day wishes from me.
I don't think it's unreasonable - but it just seems like walking right into the lion's den... wear that mask and wear it proudly! And then wash your hands like you're going into surgery!

I'm also not sleeping very well. I wake up around 4 and can't go back to sleep but I don't want to get up. This is every other night. By the second night I'm exhausted and I can sleep until nearly 6 AM which is great for me. It's really like torture for me to wake up in the middle of the night, but it's happened most of my life...

I think my thyroid dosage at 1 grain was too high. She backed me down to a half grain last week and the level of heart pounding is a little better. I think if I started walking again, every day, it would be better, too.

I've got a trip next week to California for a wedding. I feel like I'm putting EVERYthing on hold until I get back. However Christmas is being put away little by little!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:19 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi ladies..

Oh, dear..on the MR, Debby..Been there, done that..Hope he is on the mend soon..One man in our group on a trip actually ate raw oysters..He ended up in the hospital..

Sandy, Sandy...I hate that you wake up..Not good...Wash your hands like crazy and don't sit near a sickie..LOL..

MK: Well, you can enjoy him for a little while and do his laundry..

We have rain..we need more..I'm sure most of us are in the same boat...

Check in later..Today is the first time I am Chairman for our Christian Women's Club..
I have written out all I have to say in case I forget..Wish me luck.
I know you'll do well - it's written out!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Well, 3 out of the 4 cats took as good of care of me as they possibly could. Fluffy took night shift and slept at my feet, Tinker is on duty today and laid on my chest this morning, doing a "cat scan" as my DD said and then Lion met me at my desk to give me head rubs to welcome me back home. Ashley hasn't been near me, guess she is afraid of the flu

I kept forgetting to get a flu shot this year too, partly because I thought I was sick most of December with sinus infection, so was waiting. But, the hospital gave me both a flu shot and a pneumonia one before I left yesterday. And I am also thinking of wearing a mask when I have to go follow up with my doctor on Monday. And, for the first time ever, DH got a flu shot, on his own, yesterday. He figured that since he had been at the hospital around so many sick people, he had better get one. I was glad. On the way home yesterday, we stopped to pick up my prescriptions and the gal in front of us was obviously not feeling well at all and I noticed that she was getting Tamiflu so I am sure she had it.

MK, know you will be so happy to see you son for your brief visit with him before he heads back to school. What a trip.

Carolyn, you will do fine, you are so active in your church and community, you make me feel like a slug

Linda, thanks for delurking and checking on me, that was so nice to read. Come on in and play with us more often, you are so welcome.

Debby, so sorry your husband is sick, bet that now he is soooo more than ready to come home.

Sandy, are you almost well yet? You have had so much on your plate.

It wouldn't have done any good to stalk me on FB, I never post where I am or what I am doing and I didn't let any of my non-cyber friends know I was in the hospital except one here and my cousin in Iowa. As long as I have family to take care of me when needed, I am not one to want friends coming by or trying to help and they are so good at doing that , but I just want to be alone and rest and let the nurse and or family do what is needed. And, it was such a quick in and out of the hospital that I had all the visitors I needed, little Bobby and Ava slipped up to see me the one night that I was there and not in the ER. They brought me raspberries, splenda and HWC to have "dessert" with Mema. Bobby was just fascinated by the monitors they had hooked me up to and had lots of questions for the nurse when she came in. So sweet

My BP is staying down in non-dangerous ground since returning home which is such a relief. I had visions of heading back to the ER last last night . I am on my 2nd day of the prescription strength pain therapy for the headache so just praying that it soon gets better and the inflamation goes away. Good news is that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night having to have pain meds and that is the first in quite a while. Sure was ready this morning but it is progress I think.

Ok, enough about me, me, me, me, me

Well, wait, one more thing. Hit a new low this AM, down 2/10's more in weight
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Had to chuckle at the menu in the hospital. The first meal I finally got was in ER the afternoon after I had been admitted the night before. Hard to find something LC so I ordered a ham/cheese omelet and bacon.
Next meal was that night in cardiac unit. Ordered the same but was told I couldn't have that as a cardiac patient but could have a veggie omelet, so had that. It was good so I think made with regular eggs. Then DD brought up the berries and cream. Yesterday AM I ordered the veggie omelet again, there were not hardly any LC choices but lots of cereals, sandwiches, etc. This omelet was obviously egg beaters or something like that, blah and they included 2 slices of rubbery chicken bacon . When they picked up my tray they commented, "you don't eat much" , well no, not of that stuff I don't. Last night I had egg salad and my avocado pudding for dinner.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #261
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

Buffy - you're sounding like your perky self!

Debby - oh poor DH!!! Hope he gets over it quickly!!

Carolyn - laundry is exactly what I'll be doing!! And you'll be great today! Writing everything out is a great tool, even if you don't have to use it, it's there for you!

Sandy - they DID get it right on the flu shot this year? Well, maybe I should get one - I just hate going into any place with sick people unless I have to!

What's waking you up? Dreams? Certain foods?

Cleaning this morning, hair this afternoon and dinner with a friend who's moving - why do all of your best friends always move?? - and then a Parish Council meeting.
I'm secretary so I have to pay attention - not one of my strong points!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy so good to have you back! Hope your health continues to improve. Love your new "nurses"

Thanks all for your comments. I hope dh improves quickly. He does just want to come home... and friend has another week (possibly) of dental work to have done. Friend really messed up going this far south for dental, you can get everything done in a couple days at the border-towns next to Arizona-Texas crossings... they have streets of nothing but dentist offices.

I also have a board meeting tonight...

You guys have me thinking about that flu shot...

Have a great day gals!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, think about the flu shot, some of the people I know who are having this flu are soooo very sick and it is rampant in all parts of the country. Scary stuff.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #264

Buffy...here is another kitteh on his way..

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-10-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #265

Your kitty story made me smile.. Buffy..Glad you are doing better..Hospital food is for the birds most of the time.

I heard on the news that the flu shot was 91 percent effective..I'm glad we had ours..
But some peeps get the stomach bug and that is something different, I think.

Thanks for your vote of confidence..It went fine..I was goofy self, but it was okay. LOL.. The speaker was great..She had written a weight loss bible study, of course, I bought it..She is from Tulsa and her dh is a pastor..didn't say which church, but her
first name is Mary and last initial is M..I don't think we can print names here..

But, the good thing about being the Chair is that you don't have time to eat much..LOL..

Made some pumpkin bread from Maria's site for my Friday group. I had enough leftover for 3 muffins and just ate one..Very nommie...Got to get the carb count on that.

Anyone Project Runway fans???? Love it..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Buffy...here is another kitteh on his way..
OH Carolyn, if anything could make me better, it would certainly be that adorable kitten picture!!

We all knew you would do great today.

Well, afraid BP is on the rise again. They gave me something in an IV yesterday morning to lower BP in addition to my meds. Noe thinking maybe that is now wearing off. Last reading was 183/112 so called DH and told him he had better come home. I am so disappointed
Old 01-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Me again. Thanks MK for saying hi. And Buffy you are always so helpful. Sorry about all your troubles. Just get all the way better fast. I just am having a time of fearing the fat. But I will keep trying. Love to read the forums. That is what I do in my spare time, when I can find it. Anyway you all are awesome. Always keep posting so people like me can get brave enough to really get in with both feet.
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #268
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
OH Carolyn, if anything could make me better, it would certainly be that adorable kitten picture!!

Well, afraid BP is on the rise again. They gave me something in an IV yesterday morning to lower BP in addition to my meds. Noe thinking maybe that is now wearing off. Last reading was 183/112 so called DH and told him he had better come home. I am so disappointed
Your going to have to add a 3rd or a 4th BP med. It doesn't matter how many pills you have to swallow, you have got to get that down. They probably gave you Metoprolol. Nice drug, slows your heart rate a tad too but most definitely worn off today. When is your next visit?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Your kitty story made me smile.. Buffy..Glad you are doing better..Hospital food is for the birds most of the time.

I heard on the news that the flu shot was 91 percent effective..I'm glad we had ours..
But some peeps get the stomach bug and that is something different, I think.

Thanks for your vote of confidence..It went fine..I was goofy self, but it was okay. LOL.. The speaker was great..She had written a weight loss bible study, of course, I bought it..She is from Tulsa and her dh is a pastor..didn't say which church, but her
first name is Mary and last initial is M..I don't think we can print names here..

But, the good thing about being the Chair is that you don't have time to eat much..LOL..

Made some pumpkin bread from Maria's site for my Friday group. I had enough leftover for 3 muffins and just ate one..Very nommie...Got to get the carb count on that.

Anyone Project Runway fans???? Love it..
Dr. Tiny Cat is one of my favorite doctors, Carolyn! I'm glad the meeting went well - but not surprised you did well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

Well at least you are monitoring and on top of it.
I and praying many prayers, and will also tell myself to have patience until your bp can be settled down where it's supposed to be.
But seriously Buffy let's get a handle on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindawell8 View Post
Me again. Thanks MK for saying hi. And Buffy you are always so helpful. Sorry about all your troubles. Just get all the way better fast. I just am having a time of fearing the fat. But I will keep trying. Love to read the forums. That is what I do in my spare time, when I can find it. Anyway you all are awesome. Always keep posting so people like me can get brave enough to really get in with both feet.
How about this, Linda - don't worry so much about piling on the fat.
Just eat low carb - is that something familiar to you? I was pretty new to it a few months ago. Anyway, you are always welcome here!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy - Sorry BP is coming back up.
Saw on The Dr's today... tomatoes help lower blood pressure.

I have a meeting tonight. See you all later.
God bless!