Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I think I'm better again today. I hope so, b/c I'm going to go to lunch with friends that's our scheduled monthly get together. I feel like I've been on a very long journey since I saw all of them last. It will be so good to see them again and just relax and catch up with each other. My house is still a disaster, but it's not going anywhere, that's for sure.. I just hope I don't have any drop in visitors, lol. I had a dream last night that I was having some kind of a party, where they sell stuff, and everybody started coming and I'd forgotten about it and we just had the party right in the middle of the disastrous house. Nightmare!!! Lol.

Yes, I wish Buffy would check in!

MK, does your DS know that we expect a trip report with details when he gets home. I hope that's an assignment and that you can snag a copy to share with us. It would be so interesting to hear his activity side of the itinery.
Oh, I'd sure take the bigger boobs part of being PG, just none of the other parts, lolol. I'm surprised nobody has marketed some scam promising PG Boobs, in just 5 min per day, lol.
Sandy that's my only dissatisfaction with my house being a disaster.
People dropping by unexpectedly.
I have Christmas in various stages of being transferred - we still have unwrapped presents in the living room. Was that too much information to reveal? If someone dropped by I'd be mortified. I wish I'd dream about it!

OK really. Back to work Judy.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Good morning
Sounds like "Fly Lady" is needed here... I'll have to send her an invite to this thread.
So Mary Kay, is your son coming home again soon? I think I missed something here.

Hope Buffy's feeling better. Glad Sandy is!

I missed my chat with dh last night. His partner forgot to send me his motel phone number.

Going to a neighbor's for dinner. Think I will just "wing" it tonight. See how that goes. Very nice of her to invite me.

See you later!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning
Sounds like "Fly Lady" is needed here... I'll have to send her an invite to this thread.
So Mary Kay, is your son coming home again soon? I think I missed something here.

Hope Buffy's feeling better. Glad Sandy is!

I missed my chat with dh last night. His partner forgot to send me his motel phone number.

Going to a neighbor's for dinner. Think I will just "wing" it tonight. See how that goes. Very nice of her to invite me.

See you later!
Hi Debby!
How close is your nearest neighbor?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Debby I just love Fly lady. Pam Young's site is where I hang out . Yesterday she made tortillas with coconut flour and egg whites. Had to make them and loved the way they turned out. I had a scrambled egg burrito for breakfast this morning with lots of coconut oil. Delish.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Debby I just love Fly lady. Pam Young's site is where I hang out . Yesterday she made tortillas with coconut flour and egg whites. Had to make them and loved the way they turned out. I had a scrambled egg burrito for breakfast this morning with lots of coconut oil. Delish.
Hi Sharon!
I've seen a few recipe sites lately with crepes/tortillas with a huge amount of egg whites and they looked so light and fluffy and do-able. And some people are using them for enchilada wraps, etc.

These smart recipe people are making low carb a wonderful way of life.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Dear Friends, I am having quite an adventure getting to th e bottom of my headaches. Last night finally made me move on it. Went to chiro, he ckd BP and it was ok and I felt soso. Left there and got a really bad headache soon after. Took tylenol and felt ok till about 7, then atarted feeling sick, dizzy and then blurry vision, really bad headache. DH said he was about to call 911 and Isaid no, but I was ready to let him take me to emergency room. OFF We went, got there about 9 pm, there were 6 ahead of us and all beds full but they did take my BP and it was 220 over 121 so they put me in the next bed. Did blood woek, other tests and a cat scan. Spot on cat scan and since they didn't have a neurosurgeon on staff, they took me by ambulance to a sister hospital in Dallas, wouldnt let DH take me bc of BP. 2nd hospital did more tests and could lower BP but it is noon and I am still in their ER. As soon as meds wear off or I get up to go to bathroom it climbs right back up. 2nd cat scan showedspot which neuro iditified as an old malformatin which we knew about, had nothing to do with the BP spiking. She did identify the pain i hane been having in the back of my neck and probably what stared the headaches. Occipital inflammation from some unknown cause, Sais to take prescription doses od advil for 2 weeks and if that didnt take care of it, then a steroid shot in the area. So, seems like I now have 2 issues going on, not sure if that pain could have had anything to do with BP going whacko, but now waiting for a cardiologist to see me to discuss that and a plan of action. Had to switch aroune BP meds once in the past. Sorry for all the errors, typing with 2 fingers on Ipad
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG Buffy!

I was so worried about something like this.
THANK YOU for agreeing to go to the hospital(s).

The headaches were a warning sign - could the BP rise be a response to the pain??
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #218
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Oh my Buffy! I'm so glad you went to the ER and so glad they're getting to the bottom of these headaches and bp problems. You'll definitely be in my prayers. And thank you so much for checking in with us. We've all been so worried about you.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #219
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Buffy!!! Sending you good thoughts and lots of prayers!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #220
Princess Proofreader

Ladies - I'm on the Flylady site on LCF!
Come and join us over there - it's kitchen week!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #221

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh, Buffy...So glad you got some answers and praying wisdom for the doctors at the same time..Peace for you both as you figure out the best plan. Peeps change bp meds all the time..We are sooo happy that you are where you need to be..Dh is a good dh..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #222

I just made the best deep dish pizza..The thread is on the recipe board..You will know it is mine cuz the picture is 90 degrees off..LOL
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy! You know, some of my friends have had their blood pressure go up just from pain. I hope they find the answers. Meanwhile take it easy!!

Yum Sharon! Sounds good. Too bad I don't have energy for cooking.

My neighbor where I'm going for dinner is about a mile away. I have other neighbors that are 3/4 mile away though. (getting so crowded - my dh says)!

My head is spinning... trying to figure out computer specks... My friend the techy is sending me quotes.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #224
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buffy, with BP like that (220's/120's) and a "spot" on your CT scan, I would worry about a small intercrainial bleed or possible small aneurism. But remember, I'm an old ICU nurse so I always see the worst. Please keep us informed. Your BP is better now?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Buffy, with BP like that (220's/120's) and a "spot" on your CT scan, I would worry about a small intercrainial bleed or possible small aneurism. But remember, I'm an old ICU nurse so I always see the worst. Please keep us informed. Your BP is better now?
Yes Cindy, exactly what they were looking for and I have had two, so it was a relief to rule that out. Hoping the BP is in response to pain, it has been better this afternoon and I am taking meds for the headaches regularly.

Thank You for being such dear friends, after I had reported to the kids I told DH that I must report in to my cyber buds
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #226

Glad you are a bit better. Taking headache meds might help get control of the pain.

Keeping you on my prayers for total healing. Big hugs.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #227
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

Thank You for being such dear friends, after I had reported to the kids I told DH that I must report in to my cyber buds
Well of course!! We worry!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #228
Princess Proofreader

Day 7, Tuesday January 8, 2013

Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
 Early Morning Bird excursion
 Late Breakfast
 Field Trail Hike and on site lecture
 Lunch will be catered in to visitors center at noon
 Field Lecture
 Possible River Tubing
 Dinner
 Evening lecture and discussion
 Overnight and night walk
Accommodations: Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Well of course!! We worry!
Oh we do!
I confess I was wringing my hands.

I guess you are home now? Do you need anything? It's just a short drive...

Carolyn I've printed your deep dish pizza recipe. That looks like a better description for my next time of making pizza. We both really liked Maria's crust, so your description of how much (or little) water to add will no doubt help me keep it crisper.

Pressing that sausage (out of casing) onto the cheese is brilliant. Adding the sauce (homemade!) on top of all THAT is more brilliant!

Buffy when you get well you'll need to try this pizza recipe. It sounds just perfect.

- - -
Deep Dish Pizza CarolynF

I got a 12 inch deep dish pizza pan and sprayed the bottom and put
in parchment paper and sprayed that..

Preheat oven to 375.

***Start your sauce

Crust is basically Maria's Healthified Pizza Crust with some tweaks:

1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup plain protein powder
4 Tbs. psyllium husk powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. grated parmesan
1 Tbs. Italian seasoning
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
Boiling water (start with a drizzle until a ball forms, then stop)

Mix dry ingredients, then add eggs and mix well... If this is still dry, add water very slowly, very slowly. Then let it sit for a little bit. Then plop the crust into the prepared pan (you could use a cake pan). Spread it out with your palm sprayed with Pam so it doesn't stick. I went up the sides, too and it stayed up great.

On the bottom of the crust add mozzarella cheese, either slices or 2 cups of
shredded.

Next layer is raw Italian sausage. I used a whole package of the Italian links (sweet) from Johnsonville.5 or 6 I slit the casings and put the raw meat in a bowl, then pressed it firmly onto the cheese so it would cook evenly.

***Next layer is one 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes cooked for about 15 minutes in a saucepan with Italian seasoning, onion powder (or fresh diced onion), garlic powder, etc... all to taste. You could also use green pepper or whatever tiny bits of veggies you would like.

Spread the sauce over the top and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then slice...

Oh my goodness. So easy and good.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #230

Buffy, thanks for thinking of your cyber buds. How long will you have to stay in the hospital.

Carolyn, that pizza sounds yummy!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yes Cindy, exactly what they were looking for and I have had two, so it was a relief to rule that out. Hoping the BP is in response to pain, it has been better this afternoon and I am taking meds for the headaches regularly.

Hi Buffy, I am always lurking here. And been keeping up on you. You helped me so much to understand this WOE. Want you to know I am praying for you. So get well fast.
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #232

My pizza is gone..gone..I asked ds to come over and he thought it was great and took a piece home with him. Dh said that the crust was fabulous as was the other ingredients.

The "key" is not to add much water. If it is too watery just by adding the eggs, then add more almond flour until it is like a sticky cookie dough..

Oh...hoping our Buffy is better tomorrow...really better..Sandy, is she at the hospital? I was wondering if they sent her home today..
Old 01-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #233

Well, I went back and read her post, and I don't know??? Wherever you are Buffy, we're all thinking of you and praying that you return to good health very soon!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hope your feeling better tonight Buffy. Get well soon dear friend.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Linda - so nice of you to say hello!

Buffy people are coming out of lurkdom to wish you well!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, I enjoyed working out inside this afternoon, before dinner.
The dinner went really well. She invited 2 other neighbors that I don't know too well, so that was nice to get to know them a bit. One lost his wife last year (I didn't know that) he's 90 yrs. old. The other is a German & his wife & kids took a 2 week trip to Germany.So she had all of us "left-behinds" over for dinner. She actually served stuff I could eat! I was prepared to go off my diet to be polite, but didn't have to, she had such a variety. But of course I skipped dessert.
Unfortunately... her husband was sneezing & coughing & blowing his nose the whole time. Came home & loaded up on my cold-fighter vitamins.
Shelby & Coogey had a blast playing. I got Shelby to run to the driveway out & back... she's dead to the world now! Totally worn out.

I also got to talk with DH. He's looking forward to coming home. Wandering around by himself in a tourist town by himself, no fun to swim alone. So now all he wants to do is come home.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #237

Hi Ladies,

I don't like to vacation alone. It's fine with a tour group, but not totally by myself. I'm sure your dh is ready to come home. He had quite the adventure.

MK, will your son have a few days at home after his trip??

Oh, just wondering how our Buffy is this morning
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
So, I enjoyed working out inside this afternoon, before dinner.
The dinner went really well. She invited 2 other neighbors that I don't know too well, so that was nice to get to know them a bit. One lost his wife last year (I didn't know that) he's 90 yrs. old. The other is a German & his wife & kids took a 2 week trip to Germany.So she had all of us "left-behinds" over for dinner. She actually served stuff I could eat! I was prepared to go off my diet to be polite, but didn't have to, she had such a variety. But of course I skipped dessert.
Unfortunately... her husband was sneezing & coughing & blowing his nose the whole time. Came home & loaded up on my cold-fighter vitamins.
Shelby & Coogey had a blast playing. I got Shelby to run to the driveway out & back... she's dead to the world now! Totally worn out.

I also got to talk with DH. He's looking forward to coming home. Wandering around by himself in a tourist town by himself, no fun to swim alone. So now all he wants to do is come home.
I love your description of the guests and your day.
My DH and I are convinced that all of you all are WAY too young to be our friends. We seem to be able to relate best (and vice-versa) to people aged 80 and above. They are usually good-natured folks who "get" our sense of humor.

Now that I have "met" you all, I'll maybe be able to lower the age requirement for friendship.

So glad you got to talk to your DH and I am with Carolyn - I have vacationed alone and I won't do it again. I could see myself in a tour group, but not completely alone.
Guys secretly like large portions of traveling alone, though, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi Ladies,

I don't like to vacation alone. It's fine with a tour group, but not totally by myself. I'm sure your dh is ready to come home. He had quite the adventure.

Good question, Carolyn and I look forward to hearing whether DS will be home for a little bit after his adventure.

to Buffy when she can check in.
Prayers for her!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #239
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
 Early Morning Bird excursion
 Late Breakfast
 Field Trail Hike and on site lecture
 Lunch will be catered in to visitors center at noon
 Field Lecture
 Possible River Tubing
 Dinner
 Evening lecture and discussion
 Overnight and night walk
Accommodations: Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
We did cave tubing. A river ran thru a series of caves and we had helmets with lights on our heads. It was really cool.

Buff, how are you doing today?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi Ladies,

No, that's true. He's just alone in the daytime. They're actually staying in a hostel with a 15 young tourists in the same room. He played Yahtzee with them last night. Fortunately he is now enjoying some good Mexican food. His friend is being fitted with teeth implants, so its going to be a few days. They may go fishing too, which will be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I love your description of the guests and your day.
My DH and I are convinced that all of you all are WAY too young to be our friends. We seem to be able to relate best (and vice-versa) to people aged 80 and above. They are usually good-natured folks who "get" our sense of humor.

Now that I have "met" you all, I'll maybe be able to lower the age requirement for friendship.

So glad you got to talk to your DH and I am with Carolyn - I have vacationed alone and I won't do it again. I could see myself in a tour group, but not completely alone.
Guys secretly like large portions of traveling alone, though, I think.

Good question, Carolyn and I look forward to hearing whether DS will be home for a little bit after his adventure.

to Buffy when she can check in.
Prayers for her!
I love your sense of humor Judy. You don't seem like an old fuddy-duddy to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
We did cave tubing. A river ran thru a series of caves and we had helmets with lights on our heads. It was really cool.

Buff, how are you doing today?
We did the caves too. It was fun & interesting. The Mayan man that gave us the tour was the same age as I was at the time. 53 I think... He had 26 children! And I forget how many grandchildren. His youngest was just a baby. Kept pointing out plants that were good for pre-childbirth; after childbirth; etc... He'd know!