Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
LOL, Cindy, I loved your post. Made heroin wings for a party tonight. If you haven't made these, you are missing something nommie.

Somedays It is hard to keep up with all the fun on this site.

Oolong has some caffeine in it, which seems to perk me up a little. But not too much.
Perky is a good thing!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Debby, tonight is when your DH was going to be in Bucerias? We really like that little town too although we haven't spent a lot of time there. Great food on the beach. What more can you ask for?

Carolyn, I love chicken wings but I don't think I've ever made the heroin recipe. Good, huh? I might have to check it out.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #123
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Folks, I am trying to keep up here but if I comment and miss that Sandy is pregnant or Buffy went to live in a monastery, forgive me but I will come back 12 hours later and there are 2 pages of chatter! Something about Carolyn and parsnips and someone trying to get a word in edgewise.....I'm gonna go live with MK son in Belize!!

He's love to see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Don't worry Cindy, if I end up pregnant you'll know about it. The WHOLE world will know about it, lolol.

Sandy is Pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Carolyn, I love chicken wings but I don't think I've ever made the heroin recipe. Good, huh? I might have to check it out.

Great recipe!!!

Now i want wings!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Debby, tonight is when your DH was going to be in Bucerias? We really like that little town too although we haven't spent a lot of time there. Great food on the beach. What more can you ask for?
Yeah, Thankfully they stopped in Mazatlan I just got a text from his friend. Driving in the dark is very dangerous there. I'm very relieved.
Apparently they're going to a Vineyard church tomorrow before heading out to
Sayulita (which is close to Bucerias) there's a friend's home they can use while there. Hopefully they will take time to rest & enjoy the beaches. AND the food! So far, he hasn't taken advantage of all the great food! They're eating out of grocery stores. Obviously they're traveling without a woman's priorities! His friend has serious problems with Chrones, so he has to be gluten free & doesn't eat lunch. So, my skinny husband is going to come back skinnier. We all know that wouldn't happen if I was along! I LOVE authentic Mexican food & all their salsa's.
Sally I'm surprised your Dad doesn't want to clear out the clutter. My Mom was a hoarder & it drove my Dad nuts... also hurt his health. Once she died, I cleaned it out in 10 days. LOTS of work!! He was so grateful. But I guess if your Dad is attached to it, (like my Mom was), that job will have to wait till its forced on him.
Is he enjoying being back home?
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #125
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
So Cindy knows where to find DS . . . .

Day 4, Saturday, January 5, 2013

Monkey Bay – Full day on Sibun River with Fr. Mitten and Melito Bustamante
 Early morning bird hike
 Breakfast at MBWS
 Lecture by Fr. Mitten on watershed continuum. Suggested reading
material in preparation for watershed continuum entitled, “Sibun
Watershed Atlas, by Dr. Ed Boles. 8am-9:30am
 Pack picnic lunch to carry and serve on river canoe paddle
 Transfer to launch point for Sibun River trip
 10am Begin Sibun River Trip; accompanying streamside lecturer, Fr.
Mitten with assistant guide Melito Bustamante.
 Water testing and macro invertebrates sampling incorporated into the
river trip
 Afternoon debriefs and biological inventory of organisms seen and collected on river float.
 Return to Mbay for dinner
 Evening Lecture Karst formations

Accommodations: Monkey Bay

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I still like my peppermint green tea the best. It's soothing for the tummy and has me thinking I'm sucking on a peppermint stick.

I made some bone broth last night and it's all gone today. I had to have some for breakfast and Dh too. Then for lunch I used the rest on a veggie (green) smoothie. Now I'm saving more chicken bones again.

Carolyn you've peeked my interest now I have to look for herion wings. Sounds addictive.
Heading for bed. Glad you're not pregnant Sandy
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #127

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies,

Should we all start knitting for Sandy's little bundle of joy??? Lol.

Debby, I would be a tad nervous about driving in Mexico, so praying for a safe
trip for him.

I think you can make regular chicken with the heroin mix, which is basically melted butter, then roll it in Parmesan cheese/paprika/oregano/dried parsley baked on foil lined pan sprayed with Pam.

Have a great day everyone.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Sandy's new baby will be the most loved, most well-dressed baby!

A couple of years ago, when I had not missed one period but was in my early 50s, I started thinking how I wished I'd had a houseful of kids.... A little late!
Ah, peri-menopause will give us some interesting thoughts...

Sharon that tea sounds good - I am not that much of a peppermint lover but I like it just fine. I read a few years ago that peppermint is actually an appetite-suppressor of some sort. It's one of those tastes that tells your brain, "Meal is over! Here is the peppermint at the end of the meal!" Something like that.

I like lots of different kinds of teas, but prefer the ones mimicking some delicious food.
I am currently in love with the Stash brand of Pumpkin. It's a decaf black tea and it really really tastes like a nice pumpkin-y pie kind of thing. I sweeten my teas with EZ Sweetz.
Also Bigelow's seasonal flavor of apple cider is VERY good.
Tea review is over for now. No doubt more will come.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Folks, I am trying to keep up here but if I comment and miss that Sandy is pregnant or Buffy went to live in a monastery, forgive me but I will come back 12 hours later and there are 2 pages of chatter! Something about Carolyn and parsnips and someone trying to get a word in edgewise.....I'm gonna go live with MK son in Belize!!

I am just trying to get caught up from yesterday
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Perky is a good thing!
Especially for boobies
Old 01-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Especially for boobies
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, my lunch stories or Ava's party certainly can't top Sandy being pregnant. Sandy would be the first of us to have a baby since we have all become friends and we could all help raise it.

DD's MIL finally must have gotten the hint that our family thinks she is pushy, rude and way too nosy. She was on her best behavior yesterday, did not ask me 1 question about DD and only critized the kids one time and that was her son. She usually talks non-stop and she was holding back so much that there were times when we didn't say too much throughout the rest of the afternoon and evening . I hate that we had to be kind of blunt and rude with her but wow, in the past she was completely out of line.

Ava's party was a whirl of kids, sugar, presents, laughter and fun. They have their own blow up bounce house that just fits one of their single garages and it is worth every penny they paid for it, most of the times all the kids were out there yelling at the tops of their lungs and having a great time. I guess it is a good thing the doll I had ordered for Ava didn't come, she got another one just like it. So, I will return this one and get something else. BTW, it was on my doorstep when we got home last night!!

All the teas sound good and I have read for years that teas can help weight loss. Have never drank enough to reap that reward but that does remind me of something from yesterday. One of DSIL and DD's friends is from England and her "Mum" was here visiting and they came to the party yesterday. I asked if I could get "Mum" anything to drink and her DD said oh, she would so enjoy a cup of tea. And, the DD had the tea bags with her. I told my DD that we had to have a proper teacup and saucer and let Mum's DD make the tea, there was no way I was going to try to make a proper cuppa tea for an English lady. DD got out her best china cup and saucer for her.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #133
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh gang, for those of us who watch Downton Abbey, it starts the third season tonight. DD is going to a Downton Abbey party to enjoy the first episode, I will be watching for sure. Love that show. Also, Call the Midwifes on PBS is also very good.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, my lunch stories or Ava's party certainly can't top Sandy being pregnant. Sandy would be the first of us to have a baby since we have all become friends and we could all help raise it.
It would be the MOST spoiled, most self-confident, smartest funniest baby EVER!

Quote:
DD's MIL finally must have gotten the hint that our family thinks she is pushy, rude and way too nosy. She was on her best behavior yesterday, did not ask me 1 question about DD and only critized the kids one time and that was her son. She usually talks non-stop and she was holding back so much that there were times when we didn't say too much throughout the rest of the afternoon and evening . I hate that we had to be kind of blunt and rude with her but wow, in the past she was completely out of line.

Ava's party was a whirl of kids, sugar, presents, laughter and fun. They have their own blow up bounce house that just fits one of their single garages and it is worth every penny they paid for it, most of the times all the kids were out there yelling at the tops of their lungs and having a great time. I guess it is a good thing the doll I had ordered for Ava didn't come, she got another one just like it. So, I will return this one and get something else. BTW, it was on my doorstep when we got home last night!!
I just hate that feeling of watching someone realize how others have negatively perceived them. You'd think they'd lived a whole life around other people - how could they have missed it? But I commend her for finally turning on the light bulb and behaving well, as uncomfortable as it is at first. Hope she can keep it up.
DOESN'T THAT FIGURE the duplicate doll was on your doorstep!
Kind of blessing, though, that you get another shot at the perfect present.

Quote:
All the teas sound good and I have read for years that teas can help weight loss. Have never drank enough to reap that reward but that does remind me of something from yesterday. One of DSIL and DD's friends is from England and her "Mum" was here visiting and they came to the party yesterday. I asked if I could get "Mum" anything to drink and her DD said oh, she would so enjoy a cup of tea. And, the DD had the tea bags with her. I told my DD that we had to have a proper teacup and saucer and let Mum's DD make the tea, there was no way I was going to try to make a proper cuppa tea for an English lady. DD got out her best china cup and saucer for her.
How fun! I have a great affinity for the English and Canadians and Australians. I would have let the DD make mum's tea, too!

Confession: I have been working at home so long and in the evenings so long I have missed the first two seasons of Downton Abbey. I have friends, though, who have the first two seasons on DVD and I can borrow them, so I'll start recording Season 3. I don't know when I'll make myself sit down and watch all that, but I feel it is a worthy goal for 2013 - far above exercising!

I have been asked to turn my wells over to a co-worker so I see some free time in my future! I'm sure I'll fill it with LCF message boards and new recipes. Oh and unwrapping my Slow Burn DVDs.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, definitely watch the first 2 seasons before you watch season 3. And, once you start, get comfy, you won't want to turn it off. Much more interesting that your slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww burn CD's.

Nice to know you have more free time coming up.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been waiting forever for the next season of DAbby! I'll be right in front of my TV tonight!

I like green tea alone too. Costco has a great brand that I always buy. Maria E. turned me onto the green tea powder by the same company to sneak into smoothies. We have a health food market close by that has a wide selection of teas. I'm going to have to check them out.

Well it's raining here and 50 degrees. Looks like it's going to be an all day thing. Maybe I can get Dh to take us for a ride. I like to ride in the rain.

Time is flying and I'm still sitting. Better start moving.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #137
Big Yapper!!!!

What is the name of the green tea powder Sharon, that would be nice to sneak into many things.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy I'm not sure the correct spelling but I think it's called Machi ? The powder box is all in Chinese or Japanese? Shrug. Maria's site has a recipe for an ice cream that she put it in.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy it's called MATCHA. I found it on her site.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #140

Wow, you all make me ALMOST wish I was having a baby. NOT!!!
What a wonderful group of godmothers it would have if I did, though.

I'm not a big tea lover. It all seems to give me indigestion. I like the taste, just not the effects.

The party sounds lovely. And as Judy said, now you still have the opportunity to get her the perfect gift, something you know she doesn't already have.

I got all ready for church this a.m. and then just totally ran out of energy. I told DH that I wasn't going & I went back to bed. I'm afraid my cold has now settled into a sinus infection. Again! Ugh!

My dad is going home Tuesday. He's doing very well. And I think he's ready.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, you all make me ALMOST wish I was having a baby. NOT!!!
What a wonderful group of godmothers it would have if I did, though.

I'm not a big tea lover. It all seems to give me indigestion. I like the taste, just not the effects.

The party sounds lovely. And as Judy said, now you still have the opportunity to get her the perfect gift, something you know she doesn't already have.

I got all ready for church this a.m. and then just totally ran out of energy. I told DH that I wasn't going & I went back to bed. I'm afraid my cold has now settled into a sinus infection. Again! Ugh!

My dad is going home Tuesday. He's doing very well. And I think he's ready.
Well Sandy you have had quite a bit on your plate for more than a month. I am sorry you now have to deal with a sinus infection - those things can definitely sap your energy, also.

I played hooky from church, too. Our choir director & his wife are in some warm sunny climate and we had no choir assembled. Back to practice on Wednesday!

Now...to get you well enough to deal with your dad going home as well as the clutter...
Let me know if we all need to go up there and babysit!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Gals, I have been seeing this recipe for a while and I love and miss chocolate pudding. Kept thinking of how I could make it LC. Well, I finally broke down and tried this today and wow, you have to try it. It is amazingly like chocolate pudding, pie filling. Sandy, you are allowed to add pickles to yours b/c of your condition.

Originally Posted by cfine
I am an avocado nut too!! I just started making it in my "pudding" and it is a new, wonderful way to eat it. I could literally eat an avocado on anything...salads, meats. Here's my recipe for avocado pudding just in case you'd like to try it.

1 avocado
1/4cup cocoa
1/4cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/4cup eritihtol(or whatever sweetener you like)
5-10 drops liquid stevia(again whatever sweetener you like. I like mine really sweet.)
splash of vanilla extract

mix it all together and you have a little taste of paradise. I like to mix up some HWC to put on top.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sandy, you are allowed to add pickles to yours b/c of your condition.

Quote:

Gals, I have been seeing this recipe for a while and I love and miss chocolate pudding. Kept thinking of how I could make it LC. Well, I finally broke down and tried this today and wow, you have to try it. It is amazingly like chocolate pudding, pie filling.

Originally Posted by cfine
I am an avocado nut too!! I just started making it in my "pudding" and it is a new, wonderful way to eat it. I could literally eat an avocado on anything...salads, meats. Here's my recipe for avocado pudding just in case you'd like to try it.

1 avocado
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/4 cup erythritol (or whatever sweetener you like)
5-10 drops liquid stevia (again whatever sweetener you like. I like mine really sweet.)
splash of vanilla extract

mix it all together and you have a little taste of paradise. I like to mix up some HWC to put on top.
Oh I can't believe you tried this. I saw something like this posted a few months ago and put it to the side... but avocados (which I do love) are quite mild, so... why not? THANKS!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, sorry to hear you are feeling worse. Glad to hear Dad is coming home though.

A lot of people around here are sick with flu and other things. DD#3 very sick with a headache, aches and stomach thing.

I woke up with yet another bad headache this morning, went to bed with an ice pack last night. Finally got out my unreliable BP wrist cuff this morning and holy maloney, my BP on that thing said 191 over 121. So, I took DH's and his was about 15 points higher than it usually runs so I know the cuff is off, but, I am now beginning to think this might have to do with my BP. Several years ago it went off the deep end like this and I ended up in the emergency room. I took my meds and after about 45 minutes it was 161/105 and considering the inaccuracy of the cuff, I knew I was out of the danger zone. But, will go by my Dr.s office tomorrow to get it checked. I had had it checked out earlier in Dec. and it was ok, so I didn't think that was the problem, I am so dense at times.

Sharon, I have some Matcha green tea powder I got from Origins for bath water, it surely isn't the same as what you could put in foods but I will check.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I made the pudding with Swerve and since that doesn't dissolve real well, it is a teeny bit gritty from the swerve. I will try the powdered next time and or a combo of other sweeteners. Now I am out of avocados though, which is good b/c too much of this in one day could be a bad thing, calories, carbs, yada yada.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #146

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Good afternoon ladies..

Oh, Buffy...It would be nice to figure out your headaches and maybe get on some effective bp pills...That would be wonderful.

Sorry Sandy is under the weather..Around here that "stuff" often takes a few weeks to
go away.

We took a couple out to lunch after church..We went Chinese and I was soooo very good..Ds is back on track and gave all his high carb holiday foods to his friends..LOL..

Drinking my Oolong..I think I might get some teabags..I have the "real" stuff from China here and the leaves get huge after some water hits them...I made some hot and put in the fridge for a cold drink. I do have to have sweetener in it

Oh.....I have to look at the time for DAbby...Can't miss a minute of that wonderful show..

Hugs all around.... Gentle hugs for our Sandy and the little one.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, I am on 3 BP meds, but sometimes they need adjusting nd I was thinking it was time anyway to talk to the Dr. about it with my weight loss abd new WOE.

Good for you for being so good at lunch.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Swerve tip of the day. Process it to make it more like powdered or confection sugar and no more grittiness. I use my stick blender and the little food processer it came with.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #149
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
[QUOTE=Buffy45;16176328]Sandy, sorry to hear you are feeling worse.

You will feel better after the first trimester!

Buffy, I'm going to try that! I am trying to eat an avacado a day and that sounds like a nice change.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #150

You all are cracking me up!!

I set my recorder for the whole series of DAbbey the other day when I first heard it was coming back on.

What's the mid wives show? Reality? Or a story?

I love avocados; don't know if I could put them in pudding. I love them just with salt so much!