Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #91
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - I'm a weird dreamer too!

DS20 is majoring in History and has a couple of minors that I can't remember . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Buffy, you are doing so well...I love parsnips, but they are like carrots..but add flavor to things..

Mary K: Two pounds????? Due to Paleo? That is wonderful. What a great itinerary your ds has....I think monkeys are fascinating..He will learn a lot..

Glad your dad is doing so great, Sandy.

Made some turkey soup and threw everything I had in it..I think it will be okay..I might even throw some frozen peas in there for color.

Who is watching the OU/Texas A & M game? I can't believe I sort of like football..College football..Big 12 stuff. My $$$ is on OU..but I would like to see Johnny Football play..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I woke up late today feeling much better. So I tried to get caught up on a few things that I've needed to do. One of them was to go get Dad's laundry and wash and dry it. I'll take it back to him tomorrow. He's doing great! Should be released Monday afternoon or Tuesday sometime. Home health will come in for a while. I don't really think he needs it but he enjoys their company, lol.

I bought a new scale at Aldi today. It's supposed to measure your weight, water, fat, muscle and bone! Now I have to figure out how to use it, lol. It was only $15 so I decided to splurge, haha.

I was back down to 141.8 this a.m. so that made me feel good.

I checked out the Atkins meals at Walmart. They only had 3 kinds left! $3.48 each, so not too bad. For those of you who've tried them, are the servings a generous size? I didn't buy any b/c the ones they had didn't really entice me. I'd like to try the pot pie one, Yum!!
Thank you so much for updating about your dad - what great news.

Walmart has a $1 coupon online. I had to install some little coupon printer, then it did print $1 off any Atkins frozen meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Yeah, me too!

Quote:
trying . . . to . . .get . . a . . word . . . in . . . *struggle*

Quote:
Melatonin: I've never taken it - I sleep like a rock most of the time!
Ah! The sleep of the innocent.
I guess that says a lot about me!

Quote:
I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday!!

Obviously you are nearing your more comfortable and preferred weight!
Congrats!

Quote:
Community Baboon Sanctuary, Traditional Creole Lunch
 Breakfast at Monkey Bay
 Transfer to Community Baboon Sanctuary (CBS) for day tour of museum
and guided hike through sanctuary for medicinal plants ID and wildlife
viewing. Suggested reading material in preparation for CBS entitled, “A
Belizean Rainforest” by Dr. Rob Horwich and Jon Lyon (Gays Mill, WI.) A
ecture from Dr. Colin Young is scheduled in the morning at 10:30am in
the education center at CBS, as Bermudian Landing Village where CBS is
located is his hometown. He will touch on protected areas and
conservation in Belize, his work in that area, and a brief history of CBS,
with his father
Mid-day meal with Ms. Edna Baptist, Creole style prepared over the fire
hearth and served at her backyard café.

 Natural History museum tour, presentation on history of CBS
 Guided tour of sanctuary forest edges to view Black howler monkeys in
the wild with onsite lectures
 Return to Monkey Bay for dinner and over night
 Evening Lecture Pine savannahs and discussion of days activities

Accommodations: Monkey Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
More than a little jealous about that mid-day meal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Would love to be on that trip with DS. Why didn't he take all of his EFGT mothers???
Although we would be a complete embarrassment, I think that would be SO much fun!! Well, for US, not DS20...

Quote:
I take melatonin and biotin, will try to remember to check the amounts and post them. I also sometimes take Valerian, various things to help me fall asleep. I switch things around so that my body doesn't get used to them and ignore them.
So smart!

Quote:
Buffy, you're remembering that Little Golden Book, "The Three Little Kittens They Lost Their Mittens". My DD loved that book!!! I'm sure I read it a ba-zillion times, lol. too.
LOVED that book myself. I can hear my grandmother reading it to me...
Can't wait to read it to any grandchildren who finally decide to show up!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I am packing up my parsnips to send to Carolyn for her turkey soup
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I am packing up my parsnips to send to Carolyn for her turkey soup
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
I've lost 2 lbs since Tuesday!!
Now if I can just be good tonight - We're going to a friend's for "wine and conversation" but since I'm not drinking, I found a fizzy lemony drink to take for me, and DH doesn't like wine, so he'll have beer . . .

Quote:
I woke up late today feeling much better. So I tried to get caught up on a few things that I've needed to do. One of them was to go get Dad's laundry and wash and dry it. I'll take it back to him tomorrow. He's doing great! Should be released Monday afternoon or Tuesday sometime. Home health will come in for a while. I don't really think he needs it but he enjoys their company, lol.
I bought a new scale at Aldi today. It's supposed to measure your weight, water, fat, muscle and bone! Now I have to figure out how to use it, lol. It was only $15 so I decided to splurge, haha.
I was back down to 141.8 this a.m. so that made me feel good.
I checked out the Atkins meals at Walmart. They only had 3 kinds left! $3.48 each, so not too bad. For those of you who've tried them, are the servings a generous size? I didn't buy any b/c the ones they had didn't really entice me. I'd like to try the pot pie one, Yum!!
Sounds like things are looking up for your Dad. PTL!
on the wt. loss! Hope your scale isn't too complicated to figure out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
I'm here!
It takes all my energy to read all your posts today. It's hard to catch up.
Just sent Dh to Costco to pick up a few things. He goes strictly by the list and I can't seem to stay as strict. Love that place and browse everything.
My Dr. has moved to another place in town so we are going to check out just where she's at now. That will come a little later after a walk with the fur kids.
That's about all for my boring life. Such as it be. Having fun reading your banter.
I have to agree! the number of posts today was really up there! Too much fun going on here.
Quote:
When I weighed this morning and saw 183, I was thankful that I was just up a smidgen from my 182. something that I had weighed last. Then looked at my siggy and realized that 182.something had never happened and that 183 was a new low for me.
Choir singing.......
How wonderful for you!
Quote:
I'm back!!!!!!
Debby, I grew up with 2 sisters and we cut each others hair for most of our growing up years. Even as adults, we gave each other home permanents clear up to when I moved away from Iowa. We did start getting cuts at the salon, we wern't very good at cutting. I still cut my own bangs, I like them messy looking, not straight, so it works out ok, just ok but I can't stand them when they get too long. I always tell Emily and Cici that I know they look better longer but they get to bugging me, so I whack em off. Got them a little too short this time, but, like Emily said, in 2 weeks they will be perfect
Yep!
I'll be working on my hair again tomorrow, probably, do some layering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
BHRT = bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. I got a prescription from the same doctor who is treating my thyroid.
I got both at the same time so it's hard for me to separate the advantages, but I felt quite jumpy at 1 grain of natural thyroid and she has (yesterday) reduced me to 1/2 grain. I don't think I had as many symptoms from thyroid as I did from needing hormones. Obviously it's all personal. I'm glad I'm getting treatment for both.
That's good. I'm not too sure about taking any hormones. Will ask naturopath next visit.
I went to Dr today, asked him & he didn't know. He thought my hair looked fine, but I told him I had to work at it to make it look that way. He thinks when I get my meds regulated the hair should thicken up again.
TSH was even lower than last time (0.06). But I feel great! So, he said to drop it only slightly. He cared more about how I felt than the number & even noticed my weight loss.
I have 2 different African Dr's. I have a hard time telling them apart. Both are young, good looking & have that awesome accent. One is blonde, the other brunette, so I finally clued into the difference in their looks. I've only been seeing them (alternately) every month for 10 months! Anyway, this is the one that has better views on treating thyroid. I also got my Vitamin D checked & will go in for results in a couple weeks. Asked about bone-density test & will get that soon also. (I've been concerned, because I don't eat dairy).
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I also got my Vitamin D checked & will go in for results in a couple weeks. Asked about bone-density test & will get that soon also. (I've been concerned, because I don't eat dairy).
Definitely get your Vitamin D checked and if they will check your bone density GOOD!!
Debby do you take Vitamin D?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I take 4000 UI of D3 daily. So, I'm not expecting it to be low.
The naturopath thinks my calcium is fine, so bone density is probably ok too, but seems to me that not taking calcium (till recently) & no dairy should be checked. My Dad & Grandma both had osteoporosis. Don't need that!

How's it going with starting exercising???
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

MK, I missed that you had lost 2 lbs since starting the paleo challenge,

Debby, good for you for getting to the bottom of your health problems, I tested low on Vit D, they put me on 2000, still a little low so upped it to 4000, now I test normal. It is important.

I had my 2nd adjustment with the chiro yesterday and had a pretty bad headache last night and woke with one this morning. He said that might happen after an adjustment. I go in again on Monday for another. If it's not a lot better after that appt. I think perhaps I had better go see my regular Dr.

Busy day today, lunch with DD's MIL, then Ava's birthday party. The doll I ordered did not come , supposed to be here by Tues.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the BHRT helps keep bone mass - someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I am currently taking 5,000 IU vitamin D3 every morning. It sounds like a lot by the old way of thinking, but it keeps testing just right - right in the middle, so I guess for me and for right now that's good.

Buffy I'm so sorry about your headaches continuing. Maybe that last adjustment will be the one that gets you straightened out, so to speak.
Good thinking to follow up with regular doc if not solved, though.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!
Well, I guess I slept through an earthquake this morning. Not sure if it would of been felt here or not. Last one was felt in town, but not at our place. Happily it didn't cause any damage anywhere & no tsunami.

DH stayed in Guaymas, Sonora Mexico last night, after a grueling 14 hr drive. Heading for Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico, which is another 13 hr drive, probably going to make it there tonight.

Quote:
Morning!
Debby, good for you for getting to the bottom of your health problems, I tested low on Vit D, they put me on 2000, still a little low so upped it to 4000, now I test normal. It is important.
I had my 2nd adjustment with the chiro yesterday and had a pretty bad headache last night and woke with one this morning. He said that might happen after an adjustment. I go in again on Monday for another. If it's not a lot better after that appt. I think perhaps I had better go see my regular Dr.
Sorry your head aches.
That's how much I take now too. Read an interesting article this morning. On Vitamin D and Strength Training. (google it if interested).
Quote:
I think the BHRT helps keep bone mass - someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I am currently taking 5,000 IU vitamin D3 every morning. It sounds like a lot by the old way of thinking, but it keeps testing just right - right in the middle, so I guess for me and for right now that's good.
I think you're right, the BHRT would help too.
That's how much vit D3 my Dr takes too. Since I'm inside so much & pretty well decked out in motorcycle suit in summer, I probably need a higher dose too. It will be good to find out. Vit D3 is apparently very important to our bodies! (good article I read this morning).
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

I am also taking 5000, that is just what the best buy had in it rather than the 4000 so I went with that.

MK, DH has weird dreams too, he is always dreaming that something is getting him, be it a snake, his brother, last night he was jerking around and I said what, what's trying to hit you and he said a CAR?? For pete's sake, I have only tried to run him over twice in 31 years of marriage, what do you suppose would make him dream that???

Just kidding, haven't tried to run him over...............................yet.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:46 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok girls, I am off to take DD's very nosy MIL to lunch, give me strength to ward off all her nosy questions without being a smart a$$
Old 01-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #104

Hi ladies..

Hard to type on the phone...

Buffy: Send me those parsnips, please..I'll be waiting by the mailbox...Good luck with your dd's minlaw..You are a good person.

I hate weird dreams..especially involving any snakes..I still remember a "dream" that I had when I was 4 that chickens were chasing me..LOL..

Oh...Another fat loss secret..

Drinking Oolong Tea: This traditional Chinese brew turbocharges your metabolism, in fact, USDA researchers say that drinking a cup a day automatically burns 67 calories--equal to 10 minutes of aerobic exercise. No wonder a Chinese study found sipping two cups a day can help you melt up to a pound of fat a week..

Just a little Newsflash...I am drinking two cups a day to see what will happen..LOL.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #105
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

Just kidding, haven't tried to run him over...............................yet.

Quote:
Ok girls, I am off to take DD's very nosy MIL to lunch, give me strength to ward off all her nosy questions without being a smart a$$
May the force be with you!

Old 01-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

May the force be with you!

Oh!! Double ditto!!
Old 01-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

Oh...Another fat loss secret..

Drinking Oolong Tea: This traditional Chinese brew turbocharges your metabolism, in fact, USDA researchers say that drinking a cup a day automatically burns 67 calories--equal to 10 minutes of aerobic exercise. No wonder a Chinese study found sipping two cups a day can help you melt up to a pound of fat a week..

Just a little Newsflash...I am drinking two cups a day to see what will happen..LOL.
Well you know I'm going to have to run right out and get some oolong tea, Carolyn!
I can't let you all have things I don't! HA HA!

Buffy I can't wait to hear about your lunch and Ava's party. Sorry the doll didn't come in, but I bet you are right - it'll be a VERY special gift when it decides to arrive.

I love weird dreams - I so rarely remember my dreams.

HEY I bought some kind of sleeping potion that has melatonin AND L-tryptophan! I'll let you know...
Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well you know I'm going to have to run right out and get some oolong tea, Carolyn!
I can't let you all have things I don't! HA HA!

Buffy I can't wait to hear about your lunch and Ava's party. Sorry the doll didn't come in, but I bet you are right - it'll be a VERY special gift when it decides to arrive.

I love weird dreams - I so rarely remember my dreams.

HEY I bought some kind of sleeping potion that has melatonin AND L-tryptophan! I'll let you know...
Trouble sleeping Judy? Dr Oz was talking about passion flower powder the other day, supposed to be good for sleep & anxiety, Non-addicting.
I bought Silica, saw palmetto, & biotin for hair. Reading up on the Silica, looks like its good for a lot of things.

Buffy, hope you have fun at your lunch!

I'm scatteredly getting things done... a little here, a little there. Distracted about not having any SPOT notices from DH yet today. Need to buckle down & get some bookwork done.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Trouble sleeping Judy? Dr Oz was talking about passion flower powder the other day, supposed to be good for sleep & anxiety, Non-addicting.
I bought Silica, saw palmetto, & biotin for hair. Reading up on the Silica, looks like its good for a lot of things.

Buffy, hope you have fun at your lunch!

I'm scatteredly getting things done... a little here, a little there. Distracted about not having any SPOT notices from DH yet today. Need to buckle down & get some bookwork done.
Every now and then I have a night where my sleep is interrupted and I can't go back to sleep. I'm still getting smoothed out by all the new stuff I'm taking.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Every now and then I have a night where my sleep is interrupted and I can't go back to sleep. I'm still getting smoothed out by all the new stuff I'm taking.
I am sleeping much better now. But I also had that problem before.
Now I have problems if I've had too stimulating of an evening, like a meeting... have to unwind before bed. But I've learned to just take melatonin &/or Valerian root to make sure. Kind of wrecks you for a day or two having a sleepless night.

Well, I got through a big portion of book-work! Now I've got to force myself to go out & have a ski with Shelby. Missing a day always makes it harder the next day to "make myself" exercise. Gotta figure out a face-protection...

See you later!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm having a lazy day!
Played on the computer, read part of a book, napped (I never nap!!) ~ it's been fun!!

I also played with the egg/potato salad

I used the eggs, mayo and a jalapeño mustard, then dill, paprika, onions and a sprinkle of Splenda

Old 01-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi!

I'm having a lazy day!
Played on the computer, read part of a book, napped (I never nap!!) ~ it's been fun!!

I also played with the egg/potato salad

I used the eggs, mayo and a jalapeño mustard, then dill, paprika, onions and a sprinkle of Splenda

Good for you! You had a good day for yourself and you earned it.
And thank you for the egg/not potato salad review!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #113
Princess Proofreader

I made it with 2 HB eggs - and now I want more!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #114

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Sounds yummy MK. And I love the little emoticon too.

We went for prime rib tonight. If any of you live close to Dodge City Distillery & Restaurant, you just have to go try it. It's a large portion with 2 sides for only $15! And it's the best prime rib we've ever had, that we didn't make ourselves! We always get the grilled zuchinni and a salad as our sides and most of the time bring half of the meat home. Not tonight. We skipped lunch and we were starving!

Then we went by Dad's house. He is such a hoarder and it's really starting to work on me. I hate clutter like that and he won't hardly get rid of anything. It's getting really bad. And he still hasn't moved one thing of my mom's from where she left it. Including her makeup and toothbrush! And it's been 4 1/2 years now.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds yummy MK. And I love the little emoticon too.

We went for prime rib tonight. If any of you live close to Dodge City Distillery & Restaurant, you just have to go try it. It's a large portion with 2 sides for only $15! And it's the best prime rib we've ever had, that we didn't make ourselves! We always get the grilled zuchinni and a salad as our sides and most of the time bring half of the meat home. Not tonight. We skipped lunch and we were starving!

Then we went by Dad's house. He is such a hoarder and it's really starting to work on me. I hate clutter like that and he won't hardly get rid of anything. It's getting really bad. And he still hasn't moved one thing of my mom's from where she left it. Including her makeup and toothbrush! And it's been 4 1/2 years now.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #116
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Folks, I am trying to keep up here but if I comment and miss that Sandy is pregnant or Buffy went to live in a monastery, forgive me but I will come back 12 hours later and there are 2 pages of chatter! Something about Carolyn and parsnips and someone trying to get a word in edgewise.....I'm gonna go live with MK son in Belize!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Folks, I am trying to keep up here but if I comment and miss that Sandy is pregnant or Buffy went to live in a monastery, forgive me but I will come back 12 hours later and there are 2 pages of chatter! Something about Carolyn and parsnips and someone trying to get a word in edgewise.....I'm gonna go live with MK son in Belize!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #118

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Don't worry Cindy, if I end up pregnant you'll know about it. The WHOLE world will know about it, lolol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So funny!

Sounds like things are going well for everyone here.

I ended up running Shelby with the car & doing my exercise indoors. I was just too scared to expose my frostnip cheek to the cold again. Worked out good. She is running so fast now! 20 mph! Then she comes in & wants to play ball still.

I've got two SPOT checks from DH. He's got another 6 hrs to get to their destination... as of 3:30... hope they're not driving in that long again. Praying.

That egg salad sounds real good. Makes me miss eggs!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #120

LOL, Cindy, I loved your post. Made heroin wings for a party tonight. If you haven't made these, you are missing something nommie.

Somedays It is hard to keep up with all the fun on this site.

Oolong has some caffeine in it, which seems to perk me up a little. But not too much.