Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #691
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh I missed that post about new baby for daughter! How much fun is that? I'm so happy that your Dd wants your help in food choices and preparing. As parents we always are teachers.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Here is a rough estimate of the numbers for the Cream of Mushroom Soup.
I didn't tell you I sauteed the mushrooms in 2 Tbsp. of butter (no wonder it tasted so good! )

I decided to run the numbers using only 1 Tbsp. of butter to saute the mushrooms, and my added 2 oz. cream cheese.
ENTIRE RECIPE:
418 calories
33g fat
17g protein
10 total carbs (not net)
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #693
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
That soup looks yummy!!

Congrats to you and DD on the news of a new baby. How exciting.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #694
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, you all are so nice!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #695
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I just want to check in and let you all know I am doing ok and thank you all for caring. Just so tired of this extreme fatique, get up every morning thinking it will be better and forcing myself to do a few chores but am so thankful when I can get back in my chair. I know it will pass, BP is doing really well and if this keeps up, then hopefully Dr. will be able to reduce or change the meds that have the side effect of making me so tired.

And, it has really been a strain finding out that Grant has type I. I know too that it will be fine, he will be fine, we will all learn to cope.

Glad to read about all of your days and recipes, Judy's great news, family doings. I promise I will be back to myself soon.

I have a moment of happiness each Sunday when I realize that Downton Abbey is going to be on that evening. I do love that show and what a shocker this past Sunday night. Didn't see that coming at all.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #696
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So happy to "see" you!

Just called my friend to ask to borrow Season 1 of DA.
She may also have Season 2.

I SHALL NOT REST UNTIL I AM UP TO SPEED!!!!

Oh what am I saying? Of course I'll rest.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #697

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Oh, Buffy...take it easy..I'm sure it is the meds that are wiping you out..I'm sure Grant will be on top of his Type I soon..plus the help from his folks and his Mema.

Judy: You need a DA marathon......LOL.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:02 PM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

Oh, Buffy...take it easy..I'm sure it is the meds that are wiping you out..I'm sure Grant will be on top of his Type I soon..plus the help from his folks and his Mema.

Judy: You need a DA marathon......LOL.
With this blessed rain isn't it the most perfect day?? I hope you all are getting some up there, too. It's been a great day of rain here.

I GOT BOTH SEASONS 1 & 2 OF DA!!!

If you don't hear from me for awhile it's because I'm either
1. planning a meal or cooking for DD
2. watching Downton Abbey
3. both
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #699

Yes, sounds like a DA marathon is about to happen at Judy's house. You should be all caught up by the time I get home.

Hi Buffy, sorry you're still feeling so tired and down. Try not to worry; it's so very hard on our bodies when we do. I know it's programmed into our DNA as women, moms and grandmothers, but please try. As Carolyn said, Grant will have a handle on this in no time. And he needs you to stay well too.

Off to dinner theater tonight. On Golden Pond with Mike Farrell. I love that play/movie so never tire of seeing it. And of course the food is always wonderful as is the company.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #700
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - sounds like a great time!!

Buffy - just take care of yourself and don't push!!
And OMG! What a shocker on DA!

Judy - Judy??
JUDY??

JUDY!!!

Carolyn - what will our new name be?
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #701

LOL, MKay...Doesn't she get the best lines ever????

New name? Taking suggestions.....

Yes, we are getting rain...and will get some more tonight..The peeps are happy..
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #702
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD has me running errands with her INSTEAD OF WATCHING DA!!!!!
And MK you are making me laugh out loud!!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #703

Good morning, ladies..

New name? How about Fabulous in February? Just a suggestion..

Big weigh-in day..and it is this afternoon instead of in the morning like the last time I weighed in..Akkk..So, have to eat light food..LOL..Nothing heavy. It reminds me of the WWer days.

Little cooler today, gals, huh?

Hoping Buffy is doing okay today..

Beth wrote that they just had a Event for the filmmakers, etc..(Now think young and crazy guys/girls). They ate them out of house and home and the kitchen had to dig
around for cheese and salad to fill them up. LOL..

Judy, you need a big snow day to watch DA..

Dh signed up for SS last night..He should have signed up in November, but that is fine.
He is still working. He didn't realize that you could sign up and still work after you reach 66.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #704

We Jumped into January, I thought we might Fall into February, lol. JK, I love Fabulous in February.

How much longer is Beth going to be in Idaho? I bet this has been quite an experience for her. What an opportunity!

Will Gary have to be careful how much he makes at his job after he starts drawing SS? Is he planning on retiring very soon?

My DH told me some not so great news yesterday. There's a chance he might have to make a round trip back home while we're down on vacation. If so it will only be for a couple of days and the company will pick up all the expenses. Plus we'll be able to extend our vacation by that many days. I should find out for sure today. I told him the sooner the better as I'll have lots of things to get settled. There's a very important job they're trying to land and of course the 2nd presentation has now been rescheduled for the time we're gone. I really do hope they get this job though!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 AM   #705
Princess Proofreader

morning!!

Carolyn - I love Fabulous in February!! Better than Flip or Flail or Flop . . .

Sandy - Awwwww Work certainly gets in the way of having fun!!

Judy - have you watched yet?

How about now?
Old 01-30-2013, 06:34 AM   #706
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh Sandy, blowing snow here! Really!!? Monday made me ready for spring but I know we have 2 more months. At least it will be nice Friday when I have my riding lesson. Did I tell you girls that? I'm taking jumping and dressage lessons on my new horse. I spend a lot of time at the barn now. Mainly putting blankets on, taking them off. Haha
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 AM   #707

That sound like fun Cindy. In nice weather, anyway.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #708
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning, ladies..

New name? How about Fabulous in February?
I like that!

Quote:
Big weigh-in day..and it is this afternoon instead of in the morning like the last time I weighed in..Akkk..So, have to eat light food..LOL..Nothing heavy. It reminds me of the WWer days.

Hoping Buffy is doing okay today..
I know that feeling. If I have a doctor appointment I will CRAWL in there starving and dehydrated if I have foolishly made an afternoon appointment! HA HA! You have done so well, though, Carolyn, I don't think you need to go to such extremes!

Big thoughts and prayers for Buffy's continued recovery.

Quote:
Beth wrote that they just had a Event for the filmmakers, etc..(Now think young and crazy guys/girls). They ate them out of house and home and the kitchen had to dig around for cheese and salad to fill them up. LOL..

Judy, you need a big snow day to watch DA..
Now this is the interesting stuff to me. I love the behind-the-scenes info of them eating the host out of house & home & kitchen! So funny - and obviously unexpected. Cheese and salad sounds like a perfect meal, though, in my view!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My DH told me some not so great news yesterday. There's a chance he might have to make a round trip back home while we're down on vacation. If so it will only be for a couple of days and the company will pick up all the expenses. Plus we'll be able to extend our vacation by that many days. I should find out for sure today. I told him the sooner the better as I'll have lots of things to get settled. There's a very important job they're trying to land and of course the 2nd presentation has now been rescheduled for the time we're gone. I really do hope they get this job though!!
What general area of work does your DH do, Sandy? This sounds very important and kind of exciting! I like they are extending your vacation (as long as you can check in online!) - I already forgot where you are going, but I can bring the Downton Abbey DVDs and we can watch them while your DH is bringing in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Judy - have you watched yet?

How about now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh Sandy, blowing snow here! Really!!? Monday made me ready for spring but I know we have 2 more months. At least it will be nice Friday when I have my riding lesson. Did I tell you girls that? I'm taking jumping and dressage lessons on my new horse. I spend a lot of time at the barn now. Mainly putting blankets on, taking them off. Haha
If I were going to guess a sport for you, whom I barely "know", of course it would be dressage! Smart, disciplined, athletic, Cindy. Not surprised!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 AM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good Morning
I like Fabulous February also... positive names are good... was trying to think of something that included the WOE...
But fat, though its great for our diet, just sounds like its referring to excess fat on our bodies...
Closest I got was... February Fat Melt
Maybe someone can tweak it? Fabulous Fat February?
Brain strain at 7 am.

Have a great day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good Morning
Fabulous Fat February?
Brain strain at 7 am.

Have a great day!

That could draw some attention - we might end up explaining ourselves all over these boards!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I'm thinking Keep The Scale Going Downton. That's where my head is this morning.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #712
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
I'm thinking Keep The Scale Going Downton. That's where my head is this morning.
Oh my gosh -that is funny!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #713

Hi ladies.

Love that Downton name!!! That would be fun.

Oh, how is your beautiful horse adjusting to KCity???
She will miss you when you are gone.

Sandy, a longer vacation???? Sounds like a plan. Best wishes for the potential project.

My ds25 is experimenting with having 5 tbs of olive oil for lunch with Greek Seasoning. Anyway, he said he had a whoosh this morning. He is on the HFLC plan for sure. LOL

Exercised and read. Had a buttery egg for lunch.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #714
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I was ready to say Good Morning but I send a long, newsy email to my sisters and now it is after noon

Wow, you gals are busy and entertaining.
I like Fabulous in February and am going to try my best to live up to it. I need to get out of my pity patty stage and into up and at em stage!!! I think I can, I think I can.....chug chug

Carolyn, is Gary going to be 66 this year? That is when DH and I started drawing because we were still working and why work and give part of your SS back when you can leave it there and draw more when you hit 66? Some will advise you to take it as soon as possible, others say to wait, you just do what you feel like is best for you. And, it never seems like it is as much as you think it should be.

Sandy, as long as they extend your vacation, I think that works out great for DH to fly back, take care of business and re join you. Have a wonderful time.

Judy, sounds like you are busy as can be with my DD, tell her to relax and breath, she has a while to get all of this done And for Pete's sake, get caught up on Downton Abbey so we can "talk" about what is going on without spilling the beans.

Debby, I think Fabulous Fat February is probably NOT the best title, . But, we will forgive you, who wants to think at 7:00 AM.

MK, loved your Downton picture, you always make me laugh out loud! Are you getting caught up now that all the kids are back to school, etc?

Sharon, are you warm and cozy by your new heater? It is supposed to be coolish here all week but I am afraid our winter will soon be over. Doesn't last long in TX.

Cindy, your new lessons sound perfect for you. So happy you are enjoying your new horse.

DGS Grant went back to school yesterday. The school nurse has 8 other diabetic kids and DD was impressed with her so that is good. His BS was too high after athletics, so then they had to watch to be sure it didn't drop too low. It was right where they expected at lunchtime and it was too low right at the end of school so they gave him juice. He ended up missing the bus and DD went to get him and we have decided we are all going to take turns picking him up until we get a better handle on all of this. The bus drivers aren't trained to deal with this other than call 911 and Grant isn't quite ready to test himself and know when to take some glucose, etc. Whew, so much to learn. Just hope they come up with more research to help cure this in the future.

Carolyn, good luck on your Dr. visit and just realize that the scale will reflect your weight that is later in the day and you just allow for that.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #715
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, thinking of feeding the filmakers, and crew. They don't have to live on lettuce like the actors, they probably eat a LOT more, haha!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #716

Hi gals..

I think it would be fun to have the Downtown name.. and I'm picking a DA character for my avatar..

Gary was 66 in November, Buffy..He didn't know he could file..I had to tell him..of course.. LOL..

Oh yes, those young filmakers had a wonderful buffet..but piled the food on and wanting more..LOL..

Doctor's appointment went well..Lost 1.7 pounds..One pound of pure fat is gone..and I actually gained some muscle..(Thanks to Fred..). I asked the Dr. if we could increase the metformin to 1500 and she said yes..1000 in the a.m. and 500 in the pm...
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #717
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Guess whose blower on their furnace has stopped working??

Think hard!

And of course it's going to be about 15 tonight!

Carolyn - WTG!!!

And we could all have Downton avi's!!

Buffy - i'm trying! But with DH's tooth and then the dog and then . . . .

Sharon - great idea!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #718

WTG Carolyn!! It sounds like you've found the key to your weight loss. I'm so happy for you. DH has really been struggling with his blood sugar and he is eating so well. I think some of it is his new meds but he sure gets discouraged. He really wanted to try to manage this with just diet and I'm afraid he might have to give in and get some help with something. I guess we'll see what he wants to do when we get back from our trip.

MK, Oh NO!!! A few years ago we came home from vacation and it was freezing and sleeting and dark. We walked in the house and it was freezing!! We had to get a service man that night and it was our fan motor. I was shocked how inexpensive it was to fix considering it was about 10 p.m. on a Saturday night. I hope you don't have to wait very long for a service man.

Anybody here ever try to cook sous vide?? I find that fascinating!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH MK! I cannot believe you've got that failed fan to add another brick in the wall!! I am sorry.
And I hope it can be repaired BEFORE the 15 degree night! Copper can sleep with you all and warm you up.

I have no idea who is this character on DA but I found the picture easily and here it is.
You should not have to whisper much longer about who has done what.

Sandy, sometimes you can do everything right and still need meds. And as my DH says, you can do everything right and take just the right medication and hold your tongue wrong or sing out of tune once and end up with low blood sugar or high blood sugar. We just can't know or manage every single thing, I guess. Only do our best.

Carolyn!!!
How wonderful for you! And also for the new muscles.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #720
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, she is one of my very favorite characters on DA!!!