Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Finally got to sleep last night around 2, so slept in this morning. DD was still texting me until after midnight. She said Grant did get some sleep but she didn't get much, people in and out of the room all night long. They started him on insulin last night.

Isn't it funny how quickly most people get tired of eating out? I mean we have every restaurant you can think of very close to us and ponder where to go eat??? My DH is unlike most though, he loves to eat out. I guess going LC took some of the fun out of it.

Going to my Dr. here in a little bit, doubt he will change anything just yet but will go over things with him. My BP has stayed where it should all week except for Wed. AM, not sure what was going on then. Even through last evening and getting very upset, it stayed pretty decent.

This is the grandchild who has always lived closest to me and that I kept a lot as a baby. I had a crib, high chair, etc. here and it was so handy for his mom to drop him by. Then, his 5th grade they moved very close so he walked to my house after school most days. He is such an interesting child with the Aspergers and I have always been very attached to him. He asked for 2 people last night, his Aunt and his Mema.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
He asked for 2 people last night, his Aunt and his Mema.
That is a special relationship for sure.

So glad the medicine for your BP is working as it's supposed to.
Finally!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Try to be positive and live a prosperous day.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #634
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Debby! Another day of DH getting closer.

Carolyn we traveled back & forth to Independence (arrived Monday, departed Friday) for about 2 years, I think it was for work (oil & gas).

We rented a neat house after we stayed in a hotel for a LONG time.
After we got the house we were able to cook more. Eating out over a long period of time is hard to do. Eventually you are tired of everything! LOL
Too bad we didn't know each other then....

Buffy, so glad your bp is under control...Now to focus on your dgs..One crisis at a time..

I bought a carpet shampooer and I have been trying it out..Fun, fun...

Cindy and Sandy..have wonderful times... We will be thinking of you..alot..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I bought a carpet shampooer and I have been trying it out..Fun, fun...
Good for you! I put mine together, but haven't got it "quite right" what kind do you have? I'm going to wait to try it when DH gets home & puts the rest of it together.

Two of the three pastors didn't make it to work today. Other one is getting better. I had a good day of work. My mood is much better.

My neighbor & I took the dogs for a walk. Crazy dogs... wrestling & running & chewing on each other the whole way. Had to watch out for them slamming into us. She's had a knee replacement, so was very nervous about that. Both need more training. We walked up a huge hill, then hiked the back way to avoid highway... on a horse trail, very difficult & breaking into 2+ft of snow when fall off frozen steps. Took an hour, I can really feel it in my muscles.

After relaxing for an hour, I ran Shelby to end of driveway & got her to get in the van (with a treat) She did really well!! happy I didn't have to grab her & pull her in. Drove to mail-box to get mail & back... let her out to run again... she doesn't have much energy left! laugh Now I gave her another bone to chew on the porch. Must be doggy-in-heaven-day I need to remember to put "treats" in my pockets so I can train her the positive way... always forget.

Looks like DH & friend are heading for the ferry to Vancouver Island. They must of waited for the weather to warm up, because they haven't gone very far yet today. Couple more days now, for sure.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #636

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We don't leave for another week. And Cindy leaves the same day as we do.

Where is our Buffy with an update from her Dr and DGS?

I have a carpet shampooer but quit using it a few years ago when they started having such great specials to have somebody else do it. It's quite a chore to shampoo carpets. With mine anyway.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #637
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone! Been a long day.

DGS is doing ok, asking tons of questions but soaking up the info like a sponge. He will get to come home tomorrow if the ketones are clear out of his system. Will be on 4 shots of insulin a day, full blown type I diabetes. Wish it wasn't true but it is and he will be fine. He is a smart boy and will cope well. Hard on DD which is hard for me to watch. Will hope for a cure in the future for him and the many many others who suffer with this.

My Dr. appt. went very well. BP was good. Dr. is taking me off another of my old meds and if all goes well, I go back in 2 weeks. If BP goes back up, I am to call Dr. They took some blood so will see if that is all ok. Felt good to get out today, wish it had been for a different reason though.

Thanks again for all of your support.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby I'm glad you had a better day today.

Sharon - wise words.

Carolyn I wish so much I had known you when we were in Independence. But I had little time - all work, no play, etc. For lunch I had lots of salads from McDonald's in those days. Or we walked over to a sandwich shop.

Sandy I've just recently started using carpet cleaning people. We don't have much carpet in the house, but wherever we do - SOMEONE will spill coffee. Or something. It becomes discouraging trying to keep up with it. The couple of times we've had people clean it's been very inexpensive and very well done.

DH is much better today. Not well, but I can tell he doesn't wish I would shoot him in the head. Progress!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the report Buffy!

I do think it is certainly harder on the parents - and then you too.

My DH was diagnosed with type I at age 8. Back then they had to boil the syringes between use, etc. No blood glucose meters. Things are lots better now.
Plus DGS is not SO young. I just cringe when I hear of babies diagnosed with type I.

It's all difficult, though. So sorry.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #640
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Finally a good day ~ I might survive!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah! Mary Kay! So good to feel good.

Thanks for the update Buffy. Sounds like your DGS has a good attitude. That's going to be a real advantage. His Mommy will come around. Hopefully the counseling etc will help. Its good they have you & your wisdom from life experience there to help.

Thanks Judy, I was really down yesterday. Trying to figure out why. but it must of been a combination of things, I feel so good physically, that I keep forgetting to take my adrenal meds at the assigned time, and they need to be taken on time. Plus not having my best friend here for moral support... but he's on his way!

I hope my steam cleaner is easy to use. Bought it because we're letting Shelby live in the house with us. I feel so guilty hiring someone to clean it, we live so far out of town & only have 2 carpets that need cleaning... not worth it to them to do it for us. Also can't be bothered to rent a machine, because you have to use it & take it all the way back to town or pay extra. anyway, if I don't use it that will be a big waste of money too.

Hope you have a good Friday night!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #642

Good morning..

We don't have any really good carpet cleaner peeps that are cheap around here..Our carpets are older, so I just want them to look a bit cleaner..plus there is Alex..and he had a few accidents..LOL...I just got a Bissell from Wallie..ProX 2 or something like that.
I think I'm buying the hard floor attachment because my kitchen floor is a a bugger to get clean..it has little dents and grooves where the dirt likes to hide..

Judy, did you ever go to Ane Mae's? It is a coffee shop and at that time, I think it was across from McDonalds...

Oh, Buffy..I have heard that puberty is a bad time for Type I to show up. Well, lots of
kids do great with it..Insulin and all..It is so much simpler now. I wonder how many
carbs they will tell him to eat..Probably the standard 150 a day..

Dh is taking me to breakfast in B'ville at the Golden Corral..(do I sound like a senior citizen)? Then we are going to pick up his pants that were hemmed from Dillards.
Then back for the KSU/ISU game..

Oh...you two have another week to look forward to your trips, then.

Sundance is winding down a bit..I'm sure dd will enjoy some sleep..

Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #643

Did Beth mention anything about the Sundance Catdance Festival? I might not have the name right but it's some kind of cat event they had at Sundance. It looked cute.

Buffy, I'm so glad you're doing better and happy that you got to see your DGS. I hate that he got this but thank goodness he's so sharp and will be able to cope well with it. And like Judy said, things have come a long way in the treatment of that disease. I knew a young man once who had an insulin pump that he wore all the time. I was shocked when he told me b/c I'd never noticed it and we worked out at the same gym!

Debby, your best friend will be back soon. I'm sure you can't wait. I'd be very lonely by now too.

Tons to do today since it's the last weekend before we leave. Busy busy busy.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #644

Hi

I'll ask Beth about the Catdance event. I know she would love that.

We are at Starbucks after doing all our errands.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey dear friends.

MK, glad you are back and having a good day.

Judy, I had forgotten that your DH has type I, now I know who to go to with my questions,

We have all had a lot going on lately, and mostly unrelated to our diets, sure do enjoy our little group.

First day back to driving. My cousins were on their way back to Iowa and originally one of them was going to spend the week with me, when I got sick, then it was going to be that they spent one night with me. As the week went on, we decided I would just meet them for brunch this morning. They are kind of in a hurry to get back home b/c of a storm that might hit there. These are the cousins I went to Charleston with in May. So, I felt ok driving and now am back home and resting, once again. They did tell me I looked well rested, which I certainly should

Haven't heard from Grant today so assume they are busy at the hospital learning all they need to know before they send him home.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK hooray for a good day!

Debby I hope you are ON TIME with your meds today. It all works together, I am sure, the eating the exercise the meds...

Sandy & Carolyn I saw that Catdance commercial - it is sponsored by a cat litter company, but it did look cute.
And Carolyn I don't believe I ever went to that coffee place.

Right before we left Indy there was a new, neat coffee shop on main street (I think?) that also had sandwiches and baked goods. It was a neat place, but I did not need that temptation...

Buffy how did it feel driving? And did your cousins notice your astounding weight loss? Or was it just an overall - 'you look good' kind of thing.
Gosh you've got lots going on.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #647
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy, I made a point of taking them all on time today. Having a very productive day.
BBQ'd my burgers, baking a turkey, did laundry, went shopping... going to vacuum. Its a gorgeous day out too.
DH is at our DD's in Hope, BC this morning. Going to spend the day & night there, then head home tomorrow (hopefully). His friend is rounding up a truck & will meet him there (maybe tonight). Then its a 12 hour drive home!
TTYL
Old 01-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #648

Hi gang..

Poor KSU lost to Iowa State..Oh welll....

That coffee shop moved around several times until it settled on Penn Avenue (which seems like Main Street)..I go there a lot for Americanos with cream..No muffins or sammies for me..If I eat there, I get a salad.

I googled Catdance..and there are some Cat Movies to vote on..LOL..One was pretty funny...I think Beth is really busy working at the Ticket Tent today..Tonight is the big
awards ceremony..She said we could stream it on the puter..

I am still full from breakfast and my Starbucks coffee..so who knows what is for dinner..LOL
Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,

I tried this a few months ago and then became enamored with Ouizoid's "biscuit" from her BASIC FLOUR MIXTURE. This is nice to come back to and nice to have choices.

We had grilled chicken tonight, and I roasted some fresh green beans and made this bread, cut it in half and we each had half, toasted. It really smells like a yeasty bread - VERY good. I baked mine in the oven for 12 minutes.

from Ginny Larsen:
CHEESE AND WINE BREAD, LC, GF

1 large egg
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil -- (any oil you like, this is my preference)
1 tablespoon dry Marsala wine
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon almond flour -- (blanched, such as Honeyville, for best results)
1 teaspoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes, NOW brand
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Splenda, Or equivalent, (does not make it sweet, just brings out flavor)

Preheat GT Express. In small bowl, combine egg, oil, and wine. Whisk together until frothy.

Add Parmesan cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and Splenda granular.

Mix well until blended smooth. Once light is off on the GT Express, fill one side with entire bread batter. Close lid and let bake for 10 minutes. Unplug GT Express. Carefully remove bread and slice in two.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 Servings/Per Serving: 122 Calories; 8g Fat (61.0% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

*Entire Recipe: 244 Calories; 16g Fat (61.0% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber

Options: You can microwave this for 2 minutes or until done in center, if you don't have the GT Express. I have not baked it in the oven, but you could try baking it for 10 minutes or until it tests done with a wooden pick. The GT Express makes this come out excellent in texture and taste!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there!
I had a very productive day today.
Lots of house-work, lots of exercise, a trip to town, lots of baking, long chats on phone with DIL, & DH.
DH is having fun with DD & DGK's he'll be home tomorrow night!
I'm so thankful to be feeling good last 2 days too.
Fell down x-country skiing (gravel on road) didn't hurt, but I had the darnedest time getting up! LOL
Hope you're all having a good week-end!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi there!
Fell down x-country skiing (gravel on road) didn't hurt, but I had the darnedest time getting up! LOL
Debby do you ski with someone? As cold as it gets where you are.... I am a worry wart!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, thanks Judy, DH worries too.

I ski with Shelby & i-phone And I ski on my driveway, which the neighbors use also, so its pretty good. I don't ski when its too cold anymore. The frostbite on my cheek scared me. It was actually "above" freezing today!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Here I am up at 2:00 am, got to sleep but woke back up and now can't sleep. Finally got up and turned on the tv to try to get my mind off DGS. He is doing fine, came home last nght from hospital and I talked to him. So many changes to be made in how we cook for him, being regular with meals, always having his insulin with him, stew, stew, stew..

I need to try that bread Judy, that might be something he and I would like.

My cousins made it back home to Des Moines by midnight, before the storm. One of them has to go on to eastern Iowa tomorrow when she can, but she can stay with her sister in Des Moines if the roads are bad.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #654

Good morning all ....

Gosh, Buffy hope you can catch a nap today. I'm sure your dgs will do great with his insulin. My friend just carries her pen with her. Maybe they can keep an extra one in the Nurse's office at school.

We watched Hope Springs last night. Anyone see it?
It was okay.

That bread sounds divine, Judy. I'm so glad that you experiment with LC baking. It saves me from trying everything. If you like it, I will like it!!

Debby, glad you are okay after that fall. My dd might try cross country after the Festival is over. I love to cross country, but no snow here and no skis.

Working in the nursery today. It is always fun unless you get a crier.

Hugs all around.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #655

My DGD14 went to the ER last night with severe pain in her back. They gave her morphine twice and sent her home. She's supposed to see her autoimmune specialist again Monday for more testing. She's been on the auto-immune meds for about 5 weeks now and they don't seem to be helping at all. Please add her to your prayers. She's in constant pain, light hurts her eyes and she has a constant headache. So she doesn't do anything except lay in bed, walk to the bathroom and take hot showers. She's been tested for lupus and although it seems like they all come back positive for lupus, the Dr only calls it "an unclassified auto-immune disease". I don't really care what they call it, but I sure wish they'd find something to help her. This is the same DGD that has heart problems and has had heart problems since she was 9 months old. Well, that's when they discovered it, she was probably born with the problem. It's a very long story but her appendix burst when she was a baby and that's when they discovered the heart problem and since that time she's just had one problem after another. This is same DGD that had that major surgery this last summer and ever since that surgery she's had this auto-immune thing pop up. It's like she's caught up in a terrible nightmare that she can't wake up from. I feel so sorry for her. And nothing seems to be getting better at all.
Please pray for her.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #656
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi there!
I had a very productive day today.
Lots of house-work, lots of exercise, a trip to town, lots of baking, long chats on phone with DIL, & DH.
DH is having fun with DD & DGK's he'll be home tomorrow night!
I'm so thankful to be feeling good last 2 days too.
Hope you're all having a good week-end!
We are going to try cross country skiing the end of Feb. I downhill and DBF is learning but I thought we could both try cross country a day.

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your DGD. So much illness for a 14 year old. I hope they are able to get her comfortable.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 01-27-2013 at 06:36 AM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #657
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My DGD14 went to the ER last night with severe pain in her back. They gave her morphine twice and sent her home. She's supposed to see her autoimmune specialist again Monday for more testing. She's been on the auto-immune meds for about 5 weeks now and they don't seem to be helping at all. Please add her to your prayers. She's in constant pain, light hurts her eyes and she has a constant headache. So she doesn't do anything except lay in bed, walk to the bathroom and take hot showers. She's been tested for lupus and although it seems like they all come back positive for lupus, the Dr only calls it "an unclassified auto-immune disease". I don't really care what they call it, but I sure wish they'd find something to help her. This is the same DGD that has heart problems and has had heart problems since she was 9 months old. Well, that's when they discovered it, she was probably born with the problem. It's a very long story but her appendix burst when she was a baby and that's when they discovered the heart problem and since that time she's just had one problem after another. This is same DGD that had that major surgery this last summer and ever since that surgery she's had this auto-immune thing pop up. It's like she's caught up in a terrible nightmare that she can't wake up from. I feel so sorry for her. And nothing seems to be getting better at all.
Please pray for her.
Oh Sandy, I am so sorry your DGD has had to deal with these things her entire life. They talk about my grandson's diabetes also as an auto immune thing. Explained that as we have become so good at ridding our world of germs that our bodies are now fighting themselves ??? Bless her and please pray that they will find a cure for her.

If only we could take away the pain our little ones have to suffer
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

I finally took something for anxiety in the night and got back to sleep around 5.

That and a cup of hot chocolate made with almond milk helped.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #659
Big Yapper!!!!

Confession time. After I met my cousins for brunch yesterday, I stopped at our Braum's store and got a container of my favorite ice cream, they now pack them in smaller containers but I think they are 1 1/2 pints. By bedtime last night I had eaten the whole thing! I am here to say that I enjoyed my pity party to the max.

Now I have to get back on the wagon or soon I will be derailed but it is what it is, the debil made me do it
Old 01-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #660

You're probably right Buffy. There are so many germaphobes now that I don't think kids every have to fight off the germs like we did in our childhood. I did not know that diabetes was in the auto-immune spectrum. That's very interesting. Yes, I pray they find a cure for all of the diseases that plague our kiddos and all of us.

Pity party over!!!! And I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now do NOT derail yourself. Get back on track and get right down into the 170s. Grab your joy back, don't let things you can't control rob you of that.