Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #541
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

First morning in a long time that i awoke to decebt BP reading. I am taking that as progress.

MK, let us know the news on Cooper as soon as you hear. He can come recuperate with me.

Debby, glad your DH is getting closer, what a trip,

Judy, are you getting home tonight?

Carolyn, can't wait to hear what you think of the dumplings. Have been following that thread with great interest.

Cindy, washed out hardly begins to describe how i feel, wow,

One of m my new meds seems to be giving me hot flashes

Hoping everyone has a great, happy day.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #542
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buffy, Unfortunately your body has adjusted to a higher blood pressure. According to Web MD (haha), it will take 2-6 weeks for your body to adjust to it's new pressure. Stick with it.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning
Good to hear things are improving Buffy, hope the side-effects go away soon.

Looking forward to a productive day.

Have a good day everyone & good health!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hi friends,

MK I am so sorry about your DDoggie.
I hope he is maybe better today? Ugh, dogs and cats are so close to us it's hard to see them suffer at all, or worse...

Sandy - So nice to hear about your DGD's baptism and fun afterwards and you have a good way with words regarding missing Buffy!

Carolyn I'm interested in the dumplings, too. I've been following that thread and even have the glucomannan powder - just need some time to get my head together to actually try it. Let us know how you like it.

Sharon - so love roasted garlic, I can't believe I never thought to put it in the slow cooker. Thanks for that.

Debby that sounds SO COLD for your DH - but it also sounds like all is well for now, so we'll be grateful for that.

Cindy just when I think I know everything you tell me something new!
It does help, I think, to know this could take a few weeks for the feeling of the lower blood pressure to now feel normal.

Rest Buffy and sneak away now and then to join us!

Flying home today - what a good trip, and how glad we will be to get home, also.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #545
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Buffy, Unfortunately your body has adjusted to a higher blood pressure. According to Web MD (haha), it will take 2-6 weeks for your body to adjust to it's new pressure. Stick with it.
Oh, that makes sense Cindy, so glad you chimed in here. Also, I know some BP meds slow you down and make you feel kind of weak while your body adjusts. After this scare, I got time baby, I got nuthin but time
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I am figuring I am going to be home much more for a while here, plus my calendar isn't very full right now even if I were trying to stick to it, sooo, I will probably be on here so much you guys will kick me to the curb

Family is practically sitting on me so that I don't drive or go out by myself right now, little do they know that I am not even ready to try that. Passing out at a beauty salon, a BIG beauty salon, having an ambulance and firetruck come to my rescue, being hauled out on a stretcher is enough to keep me from taking any chances for a while.

I am going to ask DH to take me to our closest little grocery store today, just to get a very few things, pick up a prescription and walk a little bit, think I need to do that each day to work up.

Oh, a dear friend is going to bring me taco soup today, , I am a little afraid of the carb count on it, I am sure it isn't the LC recipe. So, I think I will brown another lb of hamburger to add to it, and then when I fix it, add some cream as well so I get less of her carby part of it. I thought that was so sweet of her.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Judy, I am figuring I am going to be home much more for a while here, plus my calendar isn't very full right now even if I were trying to stick to it, sooo, I will probably be on here so much you guys will kick me to the curb
FAT fat fat fatty fatty boom batty chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Family is practically sitting on me so that I don't drive or go out by myself right now, little do they know that I am not even ready to try that. Passing out at a beauty salon, a BIG beauty salon, having an ambulance and firetruck come to my rescue, being hauled out on a stretcher is enough to keep me from taking any chances for a while.

I am going to ask DH to take me to our closest little grocery store today, just to get a very few things, pick up a prescription and walk a little bit, think I need to do that each day to work up.

Oh, a dear friend is going to bring me taco soup today, , I am a little afraid of the carb count on it, I am sure it isn't the LC recipe. So, I think I will brown another lb of hamburger to add to it, and then when I fix it, add some cream as well so I get less of her carby part of it. I thought that was so sweet of her.
Every word of this sounds so good! If it hadn't ended up so well I wouldn't be smiling at your nail salon description....

Nice friend to bring soup and good plan to add things that will make it better for your body. Your DH will appreciate having that soup available, I'm sure.

Last edited by JMCM1; 01-21-2013 at 09:10 AM..
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #548
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

I'm doing a dry run with the dumplings with simmering water before I add it to my chicken and broth..Don't want to mess it up..

Survived the lunch..ate the lasagne..;( My friend had made it so I had to..Back on track.
The girls loved my SF dessert..One of the ladies is going to my LC diet doctor this week..Hurray....She had done Atkins in the past and done very well on it.

Oh, Buffy...patience, patience..my friend.

Oh..I found out that one of the films at the Sundance Festival was done by a local kid..
It was in the paper yesterday..So, I emailed Beth so she could look him up...LOLOL>
It was called "Gun" and about guns...you make up your mind sort of thing.

Oh, Buffy..so glad we have Cindy on board to ease your mind about relaxing until
your bp gets normalized...Oh...your soup sounds wonderful..I would add some sour cream, too..Yummm..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, how do you make your SR pudding?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #550

Hi gang..

I am full of my dumplings..They were very good and quite easy..LOL..I had better drink a bunch of water so all that fiber leaves the building..LOL..

Buffy: I just use Jello SF pudding..for the milk, I use 1/2 half/half and 1/2 water..
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy - Sounding good! A bit of self-discipline to wait it out, but great attitude. Be blessed!

Carolyn nice luncheon! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Hi Judy! Hope your flight was enjoyable & you (and hubby too) arrive safe from all the germs!

My DH is on his way to his Mom's. He stopped in on my sister in Oregon, (surprise)! Actually I gave her a few minutes warning... oops. But it sounds like it went well. My poor sister.

Looking forward to Biggest Loser... I'll do my work-out watching it.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Debby did Dh travel on Hwy 101? If he did he went right through our place. Glad to hear he's traveling safe and will be home soon.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Debby did Dh travel on Hwy 101? If he did he went right through our place. Glad to hear he's traveling safe and will be home soon.
Hi Sharon,
DH was only in Eastern Ca. on way home & up I-5. On the way down they took the coast to San Mateo then went east. Avoiding LA. He's in Eugene, OR now. Yes, it won't be too many more days, I think.

Have a good one!
Blessings,
Debby
Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh yes I-5. That is more straight through. We are more on the coast and if he is in Eugene Or. He is way past me now.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #555

Hi gals.

The chicken and dumplings were a big hit last night. Buttoni really is a genius of a cook. If you are a dumpling fan, you will love it. Each dumpling has .1 carb

Exercise, then library committee, then Bible Study. Putting an arm roast in the crockpot.

Hoping that Buffy has a great day. Hoping Debbie's dh has a safe journey.

MK, how is your mother in law?

Just a good morning hi from my phone. Check in later.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 AM   #556
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning Hi from me too.

Got up to a decent BP again, 2 days in a row when it wasn't way too high when I woke up, me thinks we are making progress.

Carolyn, so glad to get your review on those dumplings, been watching that thread with interest.

I did get up the energy to make one thing yesterday that was on the recipe help thread, it is the cheese rounds. They are very easy and good. I got way too much garlic in them for my taste but will make again with little or no garlic. Basically just cheese, almond flour, and egg, a little butter and seasonings. Bake.

Will plan on getting outside and walk just a bit today, probably just in my driveway. A load of laundry and catch up at my desk.

DD who came to visit went home with the flu, poor thing. She even went to the Dr. yesterday which is unusual for her and they put her right on tamiflu. She is a principal but hadn't gotten the flu shot, said she would for sure next year. So, little Bobby was coming down with it when I saw him on Friday, DD was coming down with it as we said goodbye. I have had the flu shot and called my Dr. yesterday and he called in tamiflu for me and said to take it right away but it won't be 2 weeks since I had the flu shot until Wed. so I will take it, starting on Wed. and hope for the best.

Debby, sounds like DH is going to be home soon.

Judy, did you make it home?

MK, hows your dear dog?

to everyone!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #557

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm headed up to my dad's to take him to get some groceries. It's only 15* here and it's cold!!! I better make sure he's bundled up good.

My weight is sure surprising me! I'm at 140.6 this a.m. I'll take it!! I wouldn't mind losing a couple more pounds before vacation starts. Increase my leeway a bit, haha.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'm headed up to my dad's to take him to get some groceries. It's only 15* here and it's cold!!! I better make sure he's bundled up good.

My weight is sure surprising me! I'm at 140.6 this a.m. I'll take it!! I wouldn't mind losing a couple more pounds before vacation starts. Increase my leeway a bit, haha.
After the last month or more that you have been through, I am surprised you aren't 120!!! You sure have had your plate full and really deserve your upcoming vacation!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

Here's a link to the cheese round thread.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16207079
Old 01-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you Sandy! That will leave room for some good Mexicali eating!

PTL Buffy! Happy you're feeling better. Is the head-ache gone too?

Thanks everyone for you well-wishes for Dh. He's doing some motorcycle maintenance while he's waiting for the weather to warm up... needs a new tire. (very normal for a long trip).

I slept in this morning... thought only for a few minutes, but turned out to be 75 minutes! oops.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

Have figured out that I have had 2 different headaches going on. One from the neuralgia that is petty constant and the other is when my BP is too high. so, this morning, just a dull headache from the neuralgia but since BP is good, none from that. Now can recognize the difference between the 2.

Progress
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends!

Home safe and mostly sound. DH got the raging cold the previously owned by the mother of the bride. I am still completely well, but had a few eating indiscretions which I do not yet regret...
I find it difficult to avoid the germs in the same household, but I shall do my best.

We had a great time and had so much fun visiting our friends and catching up on their kids' lives. It's so shocking when the kids are adults - and such a pleasure to see where they are in their lives and hear their plans.

Sandy - more evidence of your teenage boy metabolism. I find jealousy is not a good look on me, so I'll just applaud you!

MK do we need to wait a couple of weeks before we know more about your sweet dog?

Carolyn I'm so glad you tried those dumplings - I've got leftover Buffy's chicken soup on the stove so I see those in our future - at least mine! I DID wonder about the fiber content of that gluc powder. Any repercussions?

Buffy you sound like you are on the road to recovery. You know, I'm just positive you will recover more quickly if you try new and yummy LC recipes and let us know how it went.

Debby so glad DH is in the right direction, new tire and all.

Sharon - from the frigid midwest!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #563

Hi gals..

LOL..on the fiber..Well, at first my tummy felt rather full..then a few hours later it was fine..The fiber really worked in those babies..In fact, I started putting a tsp. of the Konjac powder in 8 ounces of water and drinking it really fast to up my fiber content..My LC doctor loves fiber for weight loss...There are 5 grams of fiber in each tsp.

Sandy...don't forget to pack your bikini, skinny one..

Debby..Time for your dh to get some warmer clothes on..

Good for you, Buffy..Glad you can tell the difference between the 2 headaches..But so sad you have a headache.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #564
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Copper is better, but DH tried to get him to go for a walk and accidentally hurt him . . . and Copper bit him!

So we spent the morning in the ER . . .

This week needs to end now!

And the internet is having issues . . . I'll be back when I can!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah!! Bit so hard dh had to go to ER?! That's pretty bad. So sorry you're having so many things like that.

Dh made it to his family's this afternoon. They're all enjoying each other.

I had a fairly good day today. Hope the rest of you did too.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #566
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Copper is better, but DH tried to get him to go for a walk and accidentally hurt him . . . and Copper bit him!

So we spent the morning in the ER . . .

This week needs to end now!

And the internet is having issues . . . I'll be back when I can!
AUGH! Even more sad!!

This is a no good very bad week.
I recommend wine.

Debby - good news about your DH.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #567

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Oh no MK! Copper must really be hurting bad to bite your DH!! I assume he broke the skin if an ER trip was needed. That's really pretty scary. Any more news from the vet when you picked him up as to what might be wrong with him and how you should proceed?

I bought one of those fat% scales a while back. I always checked my % in the a.m. and really wasn't very happy with what I saw and didn't really feel like it could be correct. Then somebody told me you should check late in the day after you're well hydrated, etc. I did that and that number made me smile and was actually closer to what I'd guessed and figured using all those online calculators too. So now I guess I'll keep it, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #568

Good morning.

Poor MK ... Or rather her dh. Hope he is okay.

Glad you got back safe and sound, Judy.
Sorry about your dh's cold. Don't worry about those little cheats. Just get back on plan and you will be fine.

I've been making one minute muffins with pecan meal (2 tbs) and 1 Tbs of almond meal. Egg, baking powder and sweetener. It's a little eggy, but then I put a bit of butter on it and toast it in a pan.

Didn't exercise yesterday, but will definitely make time today. Haircut at 9. Get to see how my hairdresser is doing on the LC plan.

Glad Debbie's dh is on his way home and having fun at the same time.

Have a great day everyone. I'm sure Sandy and Cindy are packing.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone. My eyes popped open at 4 am and I'm still going. This is really different as I usually stay in bed till 8 at least. I was going to just lay there and then I figured it was just time to get up.

Carolyn, I had some of your flax hot cereal this morning. It was so soothing and very satisfying. Thanks again for that experiment. LOL!

Judy glad you made it home safe. Be careful not to catch that bug your Dh brought home. Wouldn't you know.

Sandy and Cindy it won't be long now and you will be enjoying your vacations.

to Buffy. Hope you're being good and recovering nicely.

MK, sorry to hear Dh got bit. You have had quite a week so far. Hang tight gal.

I'm going to try to get a walk in before the rain drops start. I hear the rain will really be coming in tomorrow. Bye for now

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #570
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals.

The chicken and dumplings were a big hit last night. Buttoni really is a genius of a cook. If you are a dumpling fan, you will love it. Each dumpling has .1 carb

I'm anxious to try these!!

Anyone seen this thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...flour-mix.html
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote