Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #511
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I think ours is at 6:30 heading to Denver first then sunny PV!!! So I doubt we run into each other. That would've been fun seeing you again.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #512

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Busy getting ready for a Women's kickoff at church...Made those little muffins, etc..etc..

Oh, Buffy..let's hope and pray that they get your meds under control..

So glad Debby's dh is back in the States..Driving in Mexico is scary, scary..

You lucky girls going somewhere warm..Hope you both have a great time when you go..

Looking for a SF pecan muffin recipe..Have to search LCF's...
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #513
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
DH is off to Kansas City, MO, to visit his mom who is recovering from a stroke.
So I get a weekend for me.
I'm ready for it!!

Buffy - So sorry you had another episode, but so happy you're better and get to enjoy DD!!!!

Carolyn - can you mail me some cupcakes, muffins, whatever?

Sandy & Cindy - are you leaving this weekend??

Judy - enjoy the wedding and don't touch anyone or anything!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #514

I'm leaving the 2nd and I think Cindy is leaving the same day. Two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!

We went to dinner with old friends. We sure had a great time. These are 2 couples that we've been friends with since junior high and high school. We all raised our kids together and are more like family than friends. It was a great, relaxing evening.

The new baby (now 4 months old!!) is getting baptized Sunday. We're all excited about that.
And DGD23 starts her clinicals the first of Feb. She'll rotate to 3 different hospitals doing a different specialty at each. She's doing great in nursing school. It won't be too much longer now!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #515
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'm leaving the 2nd and I think Cindy is leaving the same day. Two weeks from tomorrow!!!!!

We went to dinner with old friends. We sure had a great time. These are 2 couples that we've been friends with since junior high and high school. We all raised our kids together and are more like family than friends. It was a great, relaxing evening.

The new baby (now 4 months old!!) is getting baptized Sunday. We're all excited about that.
And DGD23 starts her clinicals the first of Feb. She'll rotate to 3 different hospitals doing a different specialty at each. She's doing great in nursing school. It won't be too much longer now!
How fun!!

We were hoping to go to FL in Feb, but while we were waiting on DH's surgery and then continuing his hyperbaric oxygen treatments, we lost the house we wanted to stay at . . . . now we can't get in until April.

Yay for DD!!!

DS23's GF got a job at the Aquarium in New Orleans!!
So excited for her!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #516
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi y'all

Ew! Judy! Stay away from those flu germs. So sad for them, that this had to happen. Hope the wedding goes well. Its pretty hard getting the proper foods at restaurants. Even the local grocery stores can be hard, without a kitchenette. But with it you'll do great! Sounds like all the family is doing well.

Buffy I hope you're home enjoying your DD

So warm here today. Strange.

DH is hitting the road again tomorrow morning. Hoping the warming trend gets him through.

Have a great week-end!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh so nice to "see" everybody! And hear what you are talking about.
MK I'm so glad you get a weekend to yourself - I'm sure you are ready for that. And how neat DS's girlfriend will be at the aquarium in NO!

Debby what a relief your DH may not only be well on his way home but possibly have good weather, too!

Sandy your dinner sounds so neat. They are family.

Sharon good thing you have your DH hidden.

Carolyn I am almost positive I have a delicious SFpecan muffin recipe. I think it also has chocolate chips in it but obv, you could leave them out.
We've made these and think they are very good.

Chocolate Pecan Pie Muffins (Carolyn - All Day I Dream About Food)
Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients
• 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener or granulated erythritol
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
• pinch salt
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 1 tbsp molasses (optional)
• 2.5 oz 90% cacao chocolate, gluten-free if possible

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line 12 muffins cups with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together granulated erythritol, almond flour, chopped pecans and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs and molasses together until smooth. Beat in almond flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chopped chocolate.
4. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake 26 to 28 minutes, or until set.
5. Let cool in pan.
Notes
Makes 12. Each muffin has 5 g of carbs and 1.7 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 3.3 g.

Sharon I'm enjoying your state!

Buffy dearest I hope you are getting to enjoy your daughters all together laughing!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #518

Good morning gals

Oh, MK, sorry about your motherinlaw's stroke. Sending healing prayers her way. That is wonderful about ds23's befriend. Now is ds still in your area??

Sandy, it's hard to believe that your baby is 4 months old. Yeah for your dgd. I'm sure will be glad when she graduates.

Judy, I should have made those muffies. I made some and put too much protein powder in them so they are a tad dry. But with butter they aren't bad.

Dh got home late last night. I have a busy day. Women's kickoff in the morning and baby shower in the afternoon. I am hoping they don't play baby shower games. Lol.

Debby, praying for safe travels for your dh

Buffy. Buffy. Are you okay????

Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #519
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

DH is on his way!!

Carolyn - well, just make more muffins!
DS23 lives in Milwaukee and she's from WI too. He is already looking at jobs in NOLA.

Debby - hope your DH is doing well!

Judy - those sound fabulous!!
Isn't anyone sending me muffins??!!

Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Butter makes everything better! I think I could eat a shoe if it had enough butter on it!

MK I am with you - I sure wish someone would send me muffins. I am wishing for a LC treat especially at breakfast. Or dessert. Or because it's Saturday.

Buffy stop having so much fun with your DDs! As Sandy said, we are worriers and need reassurance.

Hope everyone is well. Wedding starts at 1:30 PM "frivolity to follow lasting until 10PM."
I am absolutely positive DH and I will not last until 10PM. HA!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #521
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hmmm those muffins look so good! Carolyn I found the chocolate muffins too. Looks like I'll be baking muffins next week. Hubby will be happy with his evening treat.

Buffy hope your home now and more relaxed. I think I hear laughter coming from TX.
Debby what a relief for Dh trip to be almost over.
Cindy and Sandy, Happy travels soon for you both.
Judy, enjoy the nice weather and all the fun happenings
MK, best wishes for son's GF and her new job. Sorry to hear Dh's Mom had a stroke. Hope she's recovering nicely. Time to put your feet up for the weekend.

I'm getting my house ready for our niece who is coming from Co. with her 2 little ones. She'll be visiting her folks and will be swinging by to see us. That will be sometime next week. Lot's of fun going on here.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #522
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Yep, DH is on the road this morning, only 2,400 miles between us. He's stopping to visit his Mom & then our DD. Hoping the weather stays above freezing on his route, so he can keep going.

Hoping Buffy's enjoying DD & feeling good.

Sounds like a full day for most of you!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #523
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Just a quick check in and then going to get some rest before the kids get back.

Finally got discharged at 10:00 pm last night! I had given up but slow communication and a very slow nurse last night led to me beginning to wonder if the Dr. had changed his mind.

The good news is that all my tests came back negative, normal, perfect, etc. and that is such a relief. I am almost glad this happened as I got a complete workup. The not so good news is that nobody can explain why this happened. The plan is to work on my meds until we get the new mix just right. I already started on the changes last night and more changes today. I have the super duper extra duty BP med on hand if my BP goes too high again so I wouldn't have to go to ER. See my cardiologist next Thurs. AM to see how these changes are working. In the meantime, I can resume normal activity as I feel up to it. I am pretty weak after the past 2 weeks so do a little, rest, do a little, rest, etc.

Another good piece of news if that they ran a lipid panel and my cholesterol is now 177, I do not need the lipitor that was prescribed in Oct. but that I never took and the Dr. said that my LC plan seemed to be working just right for me and to keep it up. I did eat some carbs at the hospital, when I went in I was too wiped out to do anything but just eat what was put in front of me and the second day I decided to just kind of enjoy the carbs until I went home. I had to laugh at the stupid cardiac and diabetic so called diet. LF of course, no salt and no caffeine, but bread with each meal, cereal, fruit cups and for dessert "SHERBERT"!!! For an afternoon snack, rice krispie treat. OMG
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Just a quick check in and then going to get some rest before the kids get back.

Finally got discharged at 10:00 pm last night! I had given up but slow communication and a very slow nurse last night led to me beginning to wonder if the Dr. had changed his mind.

The good news is that all my tests came back negative, normal, perfect, etc. and that is such a relief. I am almost glad this happened as I got a complete workup. The not so good news is that nobody can explain why this happened. The plan is to work on my meds until we get the new mix just right. I already started on the changes last night and more changes today. I have the super duper extra duty BP med on hand if my BP goes too high again so I wouldn't have to go to ER. See my cardiologist next Thurs. AM to see how these changes are working. In the meantime, I can resume normal activity as I feel up to it. I am pretty weak after the past 2 weeks so do a little, rest, do a little, rest, etc.

Another good piece of news if that they ran a lipid panel and my cholesterol is now 177, I do not need the lipitor that was prescribed in Oct. but that I never took and the Dr. said that my LC plan seemed to be working just right for me and to keep it up. I did eat some carbs at the hospital, when I went in I was too wiped out to do anything but just eat what was put in front of me and the second day I decided to just kind of enjoy the carbs until I went home. I had to laugh at the stupid cardiac and diabetic so called diet. LF of course, no salt and no caffeine, but bread with each meal, cereal, fruit cups and for dessert "SHERBERT"!!! For an afternoon snack, rice krispie treat. OMG
Buffy! Thanks for the update.
So glad they're doing a good job with you. And that your cholesterol went down That's good news! Also good that they fixed you up with a med-dispenser to keep you from having to go in to ER.
Is your DD still there? Hope you're having a good visit now.

I'm working on books. Completed (again) a very complicated ongoing account. So I'm very close... just have to scan my visa bills.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #525

Oh Buffy, I'm so happy you checked in! And so happy that you're fine. Take it easy and get back to normal at a slow pace. Thank goodness the holidays are over and there hopefully is not a lot of pressure for you to deal with in the next few weeks. Just take care of yourself! And yes, that ADA and AHA diet is a joke, isn't it?!! There theory is feed them and then medicate them. Ugh! Hard to convince somebody who doesn't research for themselves that it's all wrong. Like my dad, for instance. I keep trying, but don't always have the best luck with him.
Anyway, thanks for checking in. We've all been terribly worried.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome home Buffy! What good news that you are fine and healthy.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #527
Princess Proofreader

Buffy!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #528

Good morning ladies...

Praying that Buffy gets back on track and is her perfect self soon. It would great for you to get off statins.

My dd31 is in the middle of The Sundance Film Festival and has met the Dean from the show Community. She said he was very nice and polite. She was in charge of the coat check for 800 coats at one event. There are 1800 volunteers!!!

Dh is catching up on his sleep. Today is church, lunch out, and rest this afternoon.

We had petit fours left over from our ladies event yesterday , so I put them by the coffee stations at church. They were wonderful and hand decorated and $2 a piece. I have a friend whose sister was Martha Stewart's assistant and these were Martha's favorite so she had her on her show making them.
I did have two yesterday. That's it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #529
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Hmmm those muffins look so good! Carolyn I found the chocolate muffins too. Looks like I'll be baking muffins next week. Hubby will be happy with his evening treat.

I'm getting my house ready for our niece who is coming from Co. with her 2 little ones. She'll be visiting her folks and will be swinging by to see us. That will be sometime next week. Lots of fun going on here.
If you make those muffins Sharon I hope you'll let us know if you liked them.

How fun to be getting a visit from a treasured relative with little ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hope everyone has a good day.

Yep, DH is on the road this morning, only 2,400 miles between us. He's stopping to visit his Mom & then our DD. Hoping the weather stays above freezing on his route, so he can keep going.
Wow - well I hope the weather holds for him! He's got some good visits ahead, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
The good news is that all my tests came back negative, normal, perfect, etc. and that is such a relief.

I had to laugh at the stupid cardiac and diabetic so called diet. LF of course, no salt and no caffeine, but bread with each meal, cereal, fruit cups and for dessert "SHERBERT"!!! For an afternoon snack, rice krispie treat. OMG
As Sandy said, feed, then treat with medicine. It is absolutely crazy. And MY blood pressure would go up trying to tell these folks the food was not good for my body may I please have some real food instead of the grains and sugar... but I know you can't tell them anything.

SO glad your numbers came back perfect and you got to go home AND they have a plan for going forward that does not involve the hospital.

I am with you - glad they ran the whole gammut (sp?) of tests so you know where you are right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Good morning ladies...

Praying that Buffy gets back on track and is her perfect self soon. It would great for you to get off statins.

My dd31 is in the middle of The Sundance Film Festival and has met the Dean from the show Community. She said he was very nice and polite. She was in charge of the coat check for 800 coats at one event. There are 1800 volunteers!!!

Dh is catching up on his sleep. Today is church, lunch out, and rest this afternoon.

We had petit fours left over from our ladies event yesterday , so I put them by the coffee stations at church. They were wonderful and hand decorated and $2 a piece. I have a friend whose sister was Martha Stewart's assistant and these were Martha's favorite so she had her on her show making them.
I did have two yesterday. That's it.

Have a great day everyone.
How fun for your DD to meet the stars, but 800 coats! And they belong to divas! Pressure....

Who made the petit fours?

- - - -

I totally hugged the flu-bearing father of the bride...
Twice.
He was coughing into his arm every 10 seconds.
We did have a flu shots in October.
I feel like a dumb-head.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I roasted garlic cloves in my slow cooker yesterday. This one's a keeper too.

ROASTED GARLIC RECIPE
10 garlic bulbs

Cut the very end of the bulb of garlic off with a sharp knife while keeping the cloves wrapped in the outer layers of the skin.
Wrap each bulb in a piece of foil. Place each wrapped bulb into a 2 quart crockpot and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Unwrap each bulb and squeeze the bulb. If garlic squirts out (like a tube of frosting) it is done. If not, wrap it back up and cook for another hour.
Makes 10 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
“Healthified” Garlic = 15 calories, 0g fat, 0g protein, 3g carbs, 0g fiber (3 effective carb)

I did add a drizzle of evoo and because I didn't have the exact amount of cloves I put them all together in one piece and set the whole thing into into the cooker on low setting. Took 4 hours and I took some and added it to my mashed cauliflower last night. Got raves from Dh so will definitely keep doing this one. When removed from cloves you can freeze to keep fresh.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #531
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Wow - well I hope the weather holds for him! He's got some good visits ahead, too...
- - - -
I totally hugged the flu-bearing father of the bride...
Twice.
He was coughing into his arm every 10 seconds.
We did have a flu shots in October.
I feel like a dumb-head.
Me too. Right now he's in the Sierra's. Looks like he's moving (from his spot notices). So, so far so good.

Hope you escaped the flu germs. Its hard not to be spontaneous! Have a great day!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #532

The baby's baptism was wonderful. Then we went back to our DDs house for lasagna, salad, bread and cake. We passed on the bread, ate around most of the lasagna noodles and I had 2 bites of cake. So not too bad, over all I guess.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #533
Princess Proofreader

My poor 12 year old dog had to go to the emergency vet.
He did something to his shoulder . . . . and of course DH is out of town at his mom's.

So my neighbor and I had to get him onto his bed and then onto a sled so we could half lift/half slide him down the stairs. He's an 85lb Doberman.
We got him into the car and I took him to the vet.

He sedated him and took x-rays. He'll send them to our vet tomorrow and keep Copper overnight with strong painkillers.
Worse case - bone cancer.
Prayers it's not.
Though he said it often starts this way and even though nothing shows up on the
x-ray now - in about 2 weeks it will.
So he recommends a repeat then.

I've had a long day.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #534
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, MK, my Rosemary had a fibrosarcoma on her hip. It was small and we had it removed. She lived a year and a half and in the end, it never came back. 12 is getting up there for a Doberman. Buffy, glad they got you under control a bit. You will feel washed out for quite a while. Sharon, I never thought of roasting garlic in a slow cooker! I love garlic!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #535

MK, so sorry to hear about your dog. Praying for the best.

Yes, that garlic sounds yummy!!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #536
Big Yapper!!!!

Another quick ck in. So interested in everyone's news and would love to feel like making more comments but too tired right now.

Had a wondrful visit with all 4 of my kids, this hardly ever happens where I have all 4 at the same time. DS drove up from Austin.

Everyone is home or on their way now and I am back home resting.

Got right back on LC the minute I got home.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #537

So glad you got to see all your kids at once. I bet they loved it too! Now, kick off your shoes, put up your feet and REST!! We need you to get better so you can visit us more often. You bring so many smiles to our thread and I know I'm not alone in saying you are missed here. A LOT!
Old 01-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #538
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
So glad you got to see all your kids at once. I bet they loved it too! Now, kick off your shoes, put up your feet and REST!! We need you to get better so you can visit us more often. You bring so many smiles to our thread and I know I'm not alone in saying you are missed here. A LOT!
I you guys!!!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #539
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry Mary Kay, hope your dog gets well.

Buffy that's great you got to see all your kiddo's!

I had an interesting day. My 3 yr. old grand-daughter spent the afternoon with me, after a fantastic church service. Had a nice walk/run together... with my little chatty-cathy... The rest of her family got to go skiing on the ski-hill.

DH is now at Mt. Shasta. Getting closer. Had some icy roads & quite the cold ride... and sleep last night. 18 F & camping... But his other problem is all healed up now.

Hope you all have a good evening!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 AM   #540

Hi ladies!!!

MK, praying for Cooper. Hopefully it is just an injury from being a Senior Citizen doggie.

Oh. Roasted garlic sounds wonderful. I attempting to make Buttoni's dumplings tonight. I have the chicken in the crockpot!!!

We have luncheon at church today. Same menu as Sandy's. I made my sf chocolate dessert. Not perfect on the carbs, but an old standby. Sf brownies crumbled in sf chocolate pudding and Cool whip. I could have done whipped cream but I was lazy.

Chat at you all later. Glad Debbie's dh is okay. Still praying for Buffy. GlAd she checks in for updates.