Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
WOW Carolyn!
Oh it's yours - that sounds so wonderful.
When I get back from my trip (where nobody will have thoughtfully placed a complete dining set!) I'll go a little lower on calories to get closer to my goal. I'm never hungry or wanting food either, so I may as well get where I need to be.

I confess Buffy's current BP/heart issues are making me more interested in moving my body around. The weight loss was so easy, but I do still feel like my heart is beating too hard. But it's felt like that for 3 years (peri-menopause through menopause). I'm glad I weigh less and am not eating carbs, but I might need to peel back the plastic on the Slow Burn DVDs.

MK I hope you can let us know how you/your DH is doing today. I have a special place in my heart for the care givers.

Sandy I think that friend who is downsizing DID give you a wonderful gift - what a fun thing to do and what a nice reminder every time you see your new furniture. And I am SO glad you are better. I know exactly how you'd like a whole new room to go with the whole new furniture.... but you're so right about not stressing before your trip. I find that pre-trip stress is something I naturally fall into. I'm just a real joy.

DH and I are leaving tomorrow morning - when do you leave?

Debby hope this morning brings good news of your DH's travels.

Buffy is your headache also under control?

Sharon

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Until we get another picture...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Do My Nails.jpg (40.7 KB, 5 views)
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies

How wonderful to get a dining room set from your friend. I'm sure they are happy
that it has a new home, Sandy.

Off to read with my little sweet gal.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Well, went back to bed and slept until almost noon. BP is down but wow, am I a noodle. Oh well, better than being on the verge of exploding.

Sandy, what a wonderful friend you have to just give her furniture to her friends, that is awesome. Yes, take your time and do the painting/papering when you have the time to not stress over it.

LOL, love the kitty Judy. I have an appt. to get my nails done tomorrow that I am going to try to keep, it takes less than an hour and unless my noodleness firms up, will have DH drive me and then he will either take me to airport to get DD or he will go pick her up.

Really starting to bug me about things piling up around here, I know DD doesn't care but I don't like getting so far behind on stuff and I just don't feel up to it. DH is great about going after things for me and a very very few household chores but he grumbles if he has to do too much, I need to sneak in just 1-2 things at a time. I did get the sheets washed yesterday and he put them in the dryer and back on the bed.

Wow Carolyn, 1100 calories. I hate it that you have to cut them back that much and you are so active. And like Judy, I don't like to be hungry. Thank heavens for ketosis.

Sandy, you and Judy have fun on your trips.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #455
Big Yapper!!!!

MK, get rested up and then let us know how DH is doing?
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Really starting to bug me about things piling up around here, I know DD doesn't care but I don't like getting so far behind on stuff and I just don't feel up to it. DH is great about going after things for me and a very very few household chores but he grumbles if he has to do too much, I need to sneak in just 1-2 things at a time. I did get the sheets washed yesterday and he put them in the dryer and back on the bed.
You are now describing my DH!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #457
Big Yapper!!!!

It is better if I make a list and then, when and if he is ready, he will either rapidly go through it, or take his time. I have learned not to care, as long as he eventually does them. One thing though is that I do all the office work and pay all our bills and go through all the mail and although I did get the bills paid not long ago, that paperwork just piles and piles and piles and you have to sort through it.

Does the fact that I am whining and complaining mean I am better or worse
Old 01-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Waving at Judy and hubby. Have a wonderful trip and by all means enjoy yourself. I think the weather will be in your favor.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #459

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-16-2013 at 11:54 AM..
Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #460

Yikes...Alex got really big..Here he is...16 years old and a Senior Citizen with kidney problems, but he still has a smile on his face..
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #461
Big Yapper!!!!

I Alex, he is soooo beautiful.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #462
Big Yapper!!!!

well, not a good day to ask DH to do chores, I just asked him to do the litter box, which he grumpily did, then ran out the door before I could ask him to do anything else.

I have sat here though and doggedly got through most of the paper on my desk. A couple of things I was going to do are going to be pushed onto that back burner where is hidden from view.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #463

Thanks, Buffy...Does your dh actually do chores? At least he did the litter box..LOL..
Take it easy..I'm sure your body is happy that your bp is under control..High bp must
be exhausting.

Going to make some chocolate cupcakes with coconut flour..It was on the recipe bulletin board..Let you know how they are.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alex is lovely! Looks like a spring kitten from here.

I will want to know how the cupcakes turn out. I'm going to make the waffles Sharon was talking about a couple of days ago. I got sidetracked and made Betty R's waffles which were awesome. Sharon's were much easier. We'll have breakfast ready in the morning.

I think getting through paperwork lowers MY blood pressure. It just seems to multiply otherwise.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #465

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Alex is still beautiful. I love his eyes!!

I don't leave until Feb 2 but I tend to start stressing about 2 weeks before. That's why I just can't start a redecorating job now. And I know me, if I don't do it now, it probably won't get done for a very long time.

Judy, have fun on your trip!

Buffy, why oh why do men have to be that way???? Frustrating!!! Please don't fret about it though. Just make a list and hand it to him. Oh, and pray he does them quickly, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #466
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, always anxious to hear how new recipes turn out.

It might just take one day to paper, or one day to paint, but the whole process of picking it all out, getting the right amount, doing it or hiring someone, then curtains if needed, it is more than a 2 week process and when I get to going on something like that, it seems I make a jazillion trips to the store buying and returning things.

Dh doesn't like to do chores inside the house at ALL!! He is ok with going to buy my food, or pick up takeout, but the other night I just asked him to warm up some soup for me and he complained. It stinks, I don't like broccoli, blah blah. MEN! All I got out of him today was the litter box done before he ran away but I will assign him something for tomorrow. It might just be picking up DD from airport and he already said he would do that.

Think you are right Judy, getting through this paperwork makes me feel better.

We still haven't heard from MK, hope DH is doing well.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, are the cupcakes the ones posted by LiterateGriffin? They sounded good and the fact that all the kids at school liked them.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #468

If I didn't have to strip the paper that's on there now, I think I'd go ahead and try to do it. I didn't hang this paper so I don't know how it was hung, so I don't know how hard it will be to strip. Too many unknowns for now.

My dad's hgb is finally above 10!!!!!! 10.1, but still above 10. It had fallen in the 7s during his ordeal so this is really a big improvement!!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #469

Oh, I forgot to tell you. I put my old kitchen table with hutch and 6 chairs on c-list about an hour ago. I've been swamped with interested people. One is supposed to come tonight to pick it all up. I sure hope they do so I can be done with it. I made them come when DH is going to be here.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay and double yay Sandy, all kinds of good news!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Oh, I forgot to tell you. I put my old kitchen table with hutch and 6 chairs on c-list about an hour ago. I've been swamped with interested people. One is supposed to come tonight to pick it all up. I sure hope they do so I can be done with it. I made them come when DH is going to be here.
What a great thing to have handled so quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My dad's hgb is finally above 10!!!!!! 10.1, but still above 10. It had fallen in the 7s during his ordeal so this is really a big improvement!!
YAY!

Made Sharon's almond flour waffles or whoever's recipe.
1/4 c almond meal (I used almond flour)
1 egg
3/4 tsp. baking powder
large pinch cinnamon
2 capsful DaVinci or any sweetener
scant amount of walnuts

I'll have to make them again because I ate the entire recipe.
This was faster than driving to some drive-thru. I added a packet of Truvia or Wal-Mart's version of that and a handful of blueberries.

This was much easier than Betty R's waffles, obviously, and tasted so good and I didn't have to pull out the food processor.
VERY good.
Very. Especially for how easy it is.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
DH made it to his sister's. And we got to talk already (on phone). Going to skype later.

I'm feeling much better today physically. Scrambled my brains a bit at work, but got through some stuff.

PTL for Sand's Dad getting better! Hope Buffy is too.

Buffy, sounds like you should hire a "helper" to come in & do a few hours a day of chores for you.

Judy, I forget, where you going?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #473

Quote:
Carolyn, are the cupcakes the ones posted by LiterateGriffin? They sounded good and the fact that all the kids at school liked them.
Yes, and they were good..Well, I only had one..It made 6 and I put the rest of the batter in a custard cup..

Sandy..Definitely wait until dh gets home..Shawn and Beth have gotten lots of stuff through Craig..It's probably not them as they already have a table and a hutch..LOL..

Yes, you never know what is underneath your wallpaper..Better to wait, you can always throw tarps over the furniture and move it somewhere..

Glad your dad is better..Glad Debby is better..

Those Waffles look great and easy..Did they stick to the iron? I need to spray my "cheapie" iron really well so they don't stick..I might have to make these for myself one morning..

Hugs all around to my friends..Wish Kansas State luck tonight..

Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #474
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, did you like those waffles as well? Asks Buffy who still hasn't gotten a waffle maker but it is on my list.....

Debby, I HAVE a helper that comes in daily, he is just old and grouchy and is my DH. And chooses exactly when and if and where he wants to be my helper

I feel much better, I got through the piles of paper, most to be thrown into recycle but had to be gone through, and 2 small loads of laundry done. It isn't that it is all that much, but when you don't feel good what you would normally just breeze through seems like such a huge task.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #475

....oh, Buffy, enjoy your sweet DD tomorrow..
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Debby, I HAVE a helper that comes in daily, he is just old and grouchy and is my DH. And chooses exactly when and if and where he wants to be my helper

Quote:
I feel much better, I got through the piles of paper, most to be thrown into recycle but had to be gone through, and 2 small loads of laundry done. It isn't that it is all that much, but when you don't feel good what you would normally just breeze through seems like such a huge task.
Congrats! I know what you mean!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, I just can't wait to see her. She is the one from NE that I was on my way to visit when you and I met. Now, there is a direct flight from Grand Island, NE to Dallas, believe it or not. It is a little more expensive than going to Omaha but saves sooooo much time. Last time I went to visit I flew in there. Probably what I will be doing in the future, those long drives alone aren't the best idea for me anymore.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #478

The people showed up and they weren't even scary, lol. So that was quick!! I've sold a few things on Clist and bought a few. Usually works very well, but I know there are some weirdos out there and that always worries me a little bit.

Deb, that's great news!!! And I'm sure a giant relief.

Buffy, have a wonderful time with your DD. I'm so glad she's coming. Please let her help, at least a little. But the rest of the time, just have a blast!!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Those Waffles look great and easy..Did they stick to the iron? I need to spray my "cheapie" iron really well so they don't stick..I might have to make these for myself one morning..
Betty R's waffles did not stick, but the simple ones did.
I failed to spray my waffle iron because it looked like I had leftover oil pooled in there anyway.

I will not make that mistake again...

However, they came off easily and tasted delicious. I also think they partially came apart because I had whole blueberries in there.

I had a little custard dish with a basting brush for Betty R's waffles. I'll probably do that the next time. I'm shying away from the soy in the Pam, but it could be a temporary shyness. I go through phases.

Debby glad to hear all the good news there.

Hope MK has a chance to check in.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #480
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I'm here - just so tired.
DH is in the doghouse because even though he wasn't supposed to drive for 24 hours, when I got home this morning he was gone!!

Going to bed . . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote