Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Wowza is right..I was gone all day yesterday, but checked on you guys with my little phone..Lots of fun..and waffles to boot..which I am going to try.

True confession: I had taco chips with my lunch, but I only ate half my chicken and had the rest for dinner. But, the miracle is that I weighed 149 this morning..Have I crossed the border, torn down the iron curtain, swam the channel at last???? LOL.

So glad Evan had a great time...Hope he gets some good quality sleep now.. Chicago is such a great place for young folks.. My "kids" loved living there..If he could get an internship with a company, that would be great..and the time to apply for it is now..now..MK, you will just have to go visit..

DA...surprises, surprises.. I hope they do another FB page on it.

Exercise (SB), laundry, meeting..better get dressed..

Yes, ordering from netrition right now so it will come by the end of the week..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #392

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Sandy - I'm sure he loved being grilled!! All boys do, right?!

The trip was wonderful.
It rained every day.
Their guide was great.
He needed more socks.
He saw 3 manta rays with over a 5 foot 'wing' span!
He was eaten alive by mosquitoes.
The food was great.
The food was awful.
He brought back some great souvenirs.
The bottle of rum broke in his duffle.

He had a wonderful time!
Good job MK!! But did he learn anything???? Surely he passed, lol.

Carolyn, good job!!! I was up just a tad from my weekend discretion. Back to basics today.

I have a Samsung Tab2 10.1. I really like it. DH has an iPad. So far, I like my tablet better than his iPad. And he said if he was picking out his own (instead of being supplied by work) he'd get a tablet. For people used to Window OS it's more intuitive to use, IMHO. And being Android based there are lots more apps, and most of them free. Just my $.02 worth.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
True confession: I had taco chips with my lunch, but I only ate half my chicken and had the rest for dinner. But, the miracle is that I weighed 149 this morning..Have I crossed the border, torn down the iron curtain, swam the channel at last???? LOL.

So glad Evan had a great time...Hope he gets some good quality sleep now.. Chicago is such a great place for young folks.. My "kids" loved living there..If he could get an internship with a company, that would be great..and the time to apply for it is now..now..MK, you will just have to go visit..
WOWEE - I sure hope this sticks. We've got to say - you've certainly earned being in the 140s! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

I have a Samsung Tab2 10.1. I really like it. DH has an iPad. So far, I like my tablet better than his iPad. And he said if he was picking out his own (instead of being supplied by work) he'd get a tablet. For people used to Window OS it's more intuitive to use, IMHO. And being Android based there are lots more apps, and most of them free. Just my $.02 worth.
We are not apple people here (except for my body shape). But I completely understand those who love their apple products.
I am so infused with and comfortable with everything but apple, and am not ever excited about learning new software (although it's all gotten so much easier - probably learned from Apple products! ).

I like the android market too. I have a Samsung phone (new) and I have typed hardly any words. I speak everything and it understands me every time. I type so much for work, I'd hate having to type on that phone. I did have to type out zucchini once - then it 'got it' the next time! And now you know how I text -all about food!

Happy Monday - big big trip to FedEx for me, then I'm free!
I trust no burglars are spying on this website - DH and I are leaving for a little trip to CA (Hi Sharon!) at the end of the week for a long weekend - wedding. So I'm not really free, I'm really going to be scurrying around putting things away, writing quick thank-you notes from Christmas, and packing all the wrong clothes.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Happy Monday
Things are looking up. Dave hit the road this morning almost 2 hrs. ago.
I'm feeling good again, ready to go to work! It was just way too quiet here at home, missing church.

Wow Judy, you post "speaking" all the time? That's very interesting! No wonder your wittiness comes through so clearly! (good idea... pack all the wrong clothes, then you can go buy what you need !)
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Happy Monday
Things are looking up. Dave hit the road this morning almost 2 hrs. ago.
I'm feeling good again, ready to go to work! It was just way too quiet here at home, missing church.

Wow Judy, you post "speaking" all the time? That's very interesting! No wonder your wittiness comes through so clearly! (good idea... pack all the wrong clothes, then you can go buy what you need !)
Oh Debby! As usual, I wasn't clear.
Honestly I look back at things I've posted and wonder how anybody can tell what I was thinking or rambling on about...

I mostly just text or go to web pages on my phone. It's my least comfortable means of communicating (unlike 98% of others in the world, apparently).
I love my computer and I have an over-sized extra large monitor, external keyboard, external mouse...

But if I'm on my phone, I press that microphone button and my speech appears as text and I can go to "lowcarbfriends.com" by speaking. I really like that!

You have all good news today! Between your energy and your DH doing well - so glad. And thanks for letting us know.
I do keep everyone's cares in my mind, too.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning.
Will try to catch up and answer all later, not feeling good today, BP high, headache, the whole darn mess.

Dr. today, yay.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning.
Will try to catch up and answer all later, not feeling good today, BP high, headache, the whole darn mess.

Dr. today, yay.

So glad today is a doctor day.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh gals, regarding my friend Stuart's statement on FB about Downton Abbey, he lives in London so is ahead of us on DA. Met him when the girls and I were in London last May, he was our driver the whole time we were there, wonderful guy and what a great guide he was.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Enjoy our State Judy. I'll be waving at you on the way by.

Thank goodness it's doctor day for you Buffy. Hopefully he can get you straightened out!

What a relief that hubby is feeling like traveling again and is on his way home. Getting back to normal is a great feeling .

Carolyn I think you've broken the spell and the 40's are going to stay now.

Sandy how's your Dad doing? Is he home now?

Well my eggs and sausage are down now and with one more coffee I'll be ready to start my day. Have a good one ladies. See you all later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh gals, regarding my friend Stuart's statement on FB about Downton Abbey, he lives in London so is ahead of us on DA. Met him when the girls and I were in London last May, he was our driver the whole time we were there, wonderful guy and what a great guide he was.
I was poking around online and they have already seen the entire Season 3 in London!!

Man Buffy, THAT is the way to go - having a driver. Fantastic.

Sharon I love California. I lived there for a year when I was in my 20s. When I get skin cancer you'll know where I spent most of my days....the beach!
Would love to have a driver for this trip, but I think I'm the driver for this trip.
When I was living there, one of my friends never told me to drive carefully. They told me to "drive smart and fast." True!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I was poking around online and they have already seen the entire Season 3 in London!!

Man Buffy, THAT is the way to go - having a driver. Fantastic.

Sharon I love California. I lived there for a year when I was in my 20s. When I get skin cancer you'll know where I spent most of my days....the beach!
Would love to have a driver for this trip, but I think I'm the driver for this trip.
When I was living there, one of my friends never told me to drive carefully. They told me to "drive smart and fast." True!
Having the driver was thanks to the DD that had the surgery this fall, and the plane tickets, and the hotel. She did let me buy lunch a few times. I do have to say I enjoy tagging along with them at times
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Judy I have to say where we are is a little low key. It's only when the little darlings from the bigger cities head here for there college years that it gets a little hairy. They wiz around us like knats on wheels.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #403

Hi.

Typing from the coffee shop drinking my strongAmericano with cream.

I have a recipe for homemade laundry detergent if anyone is interested. All the ingredients cost about $13 and you can make many, many gallons of the stuff.

Buffy, praying that your doctor will have the perfect answer for you today.

Hugs all around
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn do share. I'd love it!
Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, that sounds good, could you come see me and demonstrate how to make and USE that laundry detergent? I would need you to use it many times to make sure I understand just how to use it.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

My oldest DD is coming to visit on Thurs. evening and will be able to stay until Sunday eve. She lives in Kearney, NE and is an elementary school principal there. I am looking forward to her visit sooo much.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have just put a whole chicken in water to slowly boil, plus a couple of sticks of butter, S&P.

So hopefully by dinnertime we will have Buffy's Chicken Soup.
Will add onion, celery, carrots later.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #408

Let me find that laundry recipe..

A close friend of mine has been making laundry soap like this one for years, until just recently she found an easier one to make and passed it on to us.

3 Tablespoons Borax
3 Tablespoons Washing Soda
2 Tablespoons Dawn Dish soap

Put these ingredients in a one gallon jug. Pour 4 cups boiling water into the jug. Swirl until ingredients are dissolved in the liquid. Let liquid cool. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle. I love this because you can pick an awesome scent with the Dawn dish soap. This dish soap works the best because it gets grease out. )

Buffy, you should be home from the doctor now..What did he say????

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-14-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #409
Big Yapper!!!!

Will try to make this short.

Dr. was very concerned and perplexed. BP was 220/120. He called in a RX for Clonidine, a BP med that I have to research. I was to take asap and did. BP has already come down nicely. He is trying to get me into a cardiologist tomorrow if possible, or asap. Not sure what all they will be checking but he is setting it up. Told me I could move back up on the advil and we can talk about seeing a neurologist once we get the BP figured out. I was pleased that he took plenty of time with me but had been so swamped he hadnt seen the records the hospital had faxed over. I am to take it easy in meantime.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #410

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm glad your doctor was so concerned Buffy and am also glad that he's getting you in to see somebody SOON. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of this very soon. In the meantime, just watch lots of movies and chat with us.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #411

So happy your doctor is on top of things, Buffy. Praying that that new
Med will bring your bp down permanently. Hopefully you can get into the cardiologist soon.
Do take it easy and watch some good movies. You are still in our prayers. Big hugs to you.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
In the meantime, just watch lots of movies and chat with us.
Sandy you always know the right thing to say!

Absolutely right - lots of movies and TV and chat with us!

Dang - that was very high BP....
So glad it's coming down but what in the what what?

Also glad you'll be seeing a cardiologist. I love my DH's cardiologist. He's the only "guy" who acts like a "guy" in my DH's medical world. This guy teases the heck out of DH who immediately gives it back.

Everyone else is so formal we hate them. HA HA HA HA!!
Loosen up, doctors!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn we were posting at the same time and I want to piggy-back on your sentiments, too.

We are ALL praying for you, friend!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy
So glad you got to see your Dr & he's getting busy. Also 'n for you.
If you're gonna watch movies (as suggested) make sure you watch good ones that don't have you sitting on the edge of your seat! (I can't watch those anymore, with adrenal fatigue, my adrenalin starts running JUST from the MUSIC)!

I'm so happy to report that DH is making great time on his trip North. He left early this morning & has already passed a spot that took 3 days of travel going down... he's taking the good toll-highways (live & learn).

I was hungry today, and unmotivated. Pushed myself to stay on program & do my work-out. Felt great after I did work out too. I'm going to have to figure out why this happened though. I'm wondering if my thyroid is getting low, from dropping the dose that 1/4 tab. Could be missing DH; and I guess maybe my carbs have been a bit low too.

I'm really enjoying Biggest Loser. I love this show.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Buffy
So glad you got to see your Dr & he's getting busy. Also 'n for you.
If you're gonna watch movies (as suggested) make sure you watch good ones that don't have you sitting on the edge of your seat! (I can't watch those anymore, with adrenal fatigue, my adrenalin starts running JUST from the MUSIC)!

I'm so happy to report that DH is making great time on his trip North. He left early this morning & has already passed a spot that took 3 days of travel going down... he's taking the good toll-highways (live & learn).

I was hungry today, and unmotivated. Pushed myself to stay on program & do my work-out. Felt great after I did work out too. I'm going to have to figure out why this happened though. I'm wondering if my thyroid is getting low, from dropping the dose that 1/4 tab. Could be missing DH; and I guess maybe my carbs have been a bit low too.

I'm really enjoying Biggest Loser. I love this show.
I'm glad your DH is getting back quickly! But I have started to agree with my DH (don't tell him!) - I think I more enjoy the back roads. It's taken me all my life to enjoy the journey rather than the quick destination... I hope he is OK and gets home to you soon.

Debby what kind of plan are you following for eating? It you told me yesterday you'll have to tell me again - I forgot far too easily...
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #416
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Will try to make this short.

Dr. was very concerned and perplexed. BP was 220/120. He called in a RX for Clonidine, a BP med that I have to research. I was to take asap and did. BP has already come down nicely. He is trying to get me into a cardiologist tomorrow if possible, or asap. Not sure what all they will be checking but he is setting it up. Told me I could move back up on the advil and we can talk about seeing a neurologist once we get the BP figured out. I was pleased that he took plenty of time with me but had been so swamped he hadnt seen the records the hospital had faxed over. I am to take it easy in meantime.

Good Lord!! Yes, you have to get that under control! Do not miss a dose of Clonadine. You can have severe rebound hypertension so don't forget it or stop it all together. You have to ease off of it if they decide you don't need it. If you find your blood pressure too low, skip one of the other meds you take but not the clonadine. Seems like it is dosed at night as it can cause drowsiness. It comes in a patch also.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 01-14-2013 at 08:14 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I'm glad your DH is getting back quickly! But I have started to agree with my DH (don't tell him!) - I think I more enjoy the back roads. It's taken me all my life to enjoy the journey rather than the quick destination... I hope he is OK and gets home to you soon.

Debby what kind of plan are you following for eating? If you told me yesterday you'll have to tell me again - I forgot far too easily...
I know what you mean Judy. Short term... but then, its not something important to remember.
I lost the wt. on pretty close to what I'm on now. But alternating the calories up & down through-out the week. Going from 1500-1400-1300-1200 & repeating. On maintenance today, my numbers were 1316 calories; 129 carbs; 48 fat; 76 protein. I skipped the quinoa last couple days because my wt. was on the upper side (does that 2 lb thing)...
Anyway, I think its probably the thyroid. My temperature is also back down in the 96's.
Yes, DH also feels that way about travelling. We always take the smaller roads. But in Mexico, its more dangerous & you don't get very far at all. So, sometimes its better to use the pay roads.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know what you mean Judy. Short term... but then, its not something important to remember.
I lost the wt. on pretty close to what I'm on now. But alternating the calories up & down through-out the week. Going from 1500-1400-1300-1200 & repeating. On maintenance today, my numbers were 1316 calories; 129 carbs; 48 fat; 76 protein. I skipped the quinoa last couple days because my wt. was on the upper side (does that 2 lb thing)...
Anyway, I think its probably the thyroid. My temperature is also back down in the 96's.
Yes, DH also feels that way about travelling. We always take the smaller roads. But in Mexico, its more dangerous & you don't get very far at all. So, sometimes its better to use the pay roads.
So it was calories and not low carb? Looks like low fat, too?

Is DH in the US or Mexico? I'm so confused!!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

to you Buffy. So glad you saw your doctor. Sending positive vibes your way.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #420
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Happy Birthday to my mom today - 83!!
And yesterday my DD28 became DD29!

Tomorrow DH will have surgery - an abscessed wisdom tooth has to be removed. But since he has to be intubated, it's in the hospital.

Have I told you all this before?

Anyway - if I'm gone again tomorrow . . .

Carolyn - way to go on the weight!!
Debby - so glad DH is doing better!
Buffy - so worried about you!
Cindy - thanks for being our nurse!
Judy - you're doing fine, right?
Sandy - how are you?
Sharon - you too?

Did I miss anyone?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote