Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Judy, thanks for all the good info on the waffles and Sharon, you too. I will make it out sometimes this week and get a waffle maker, if I felt better today I would be out the door. Lately I have relied on DH to do my shopping for me and there are limits on that, let me tell you! He who always thinks bigger and more expensive is better would have a Rolls Royce of a waffle maker delived to my door And then where would I put that, the garage?

I do want something crisp, I so miss crisp and crunchy. Yesterday I made some crackers out of Joseph's lavash bread and they are crispy and crunchy. Actually I made some the day before and they were very crisp, very brown and burnt. Not so good. Found out they go from just right to burnt in a nano-second.

What kind of cheese do you gals use in your waffles?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hmmm, on SS. Ok, I was having a lot of hypo symptoms before I was diagnosed as being type 2 and I guess that is very common. Did they put her on anything or is she just trying to do LC? If she does LC correctly, she can probably stay off meds for quite some time, maybe so, maybe not. 135 after a carby meal doesn't concern me as much as 54, that is very low to the point she probably wasn't feeling well at all. If she ate the candy and then nuts afterwards, that probably brought her back up to normal or a little high again.

Sounds like she is trying Judy but eating the carby things, then going too low and eating candy is not exactly doing everything right, but you know that. If she is going to control it with diet, it isn't very un-forgiving in allowing you to jump on and off the wagon. How do I know this??? Uh, 4 years of doing exactly that . Although sometimes I followed LC and got good control, I could not have enough will power to stick with it and finally just took the easy route and got on the meds, although part of that was my doctor convincing me that the meds would help my body from progressing on the diabetes and having damage from it. And, even though he would ask if I was watching my carbs, he was happy enough with my A1C that he didn't lecture me.
Well, the A1c is their valuable tool for the average over about 3 months' time frame, but living with a Type I diabetic (DH), I know what a roller coaster that can actually be.

And honestly I don't think anybody lecturing anybody else is going to change someone's mind. We are simply human creatures. We will flub up, without a doubt and without fail.

If SS were here, she would vehemently defend her actions, telling us how she NEVER indulges in carby meals and this was a special occasion (last special occasion was Christmas and New Year). She has also told me she makes a small portion of popcorn several times a week - puts the kernels in a small brown paper bag & pops them in the microwave. She will "confess" her eating indiscretions (and remember, she is my older sister, and has just lost 30 pounds, has fought to remain at 110 lbs., and has never dieted in her life; I was always the chubby [but obviously beautiful ] one. I've eaten every way under the sun and then some. When I was in my early 20s I weighed somewhere over 227 pounds - didn't want to weigh because it was too discouraging. I lost nearly 100 pounds in my 20s from diet pills. I kept about 70-80 pounds off through the years, but menopause did me in.
So I listen to my SS's admissions of eating off-plan and remind her/us that we are eating this way first and foremost because our dad was diabetic and we have a higher chance of becoming diabetic. So health is our first reason. She has REVELED in her weight loss - and honestly she looks so good, I completely understand, but Buffy as you say, it is an unforgiving disease. She has not thoroughly researched this way of eating so I think she is less stable with this way of eating. Obviously that is her choice and any lecture of finger-pointing from me will not help a thing. She never wagged a finger at me when I was well over 200 pounds.

Quote:
One of my DD's was asking me the other day what I thought made the major difference of me being able to stick to it this time. You know what it was? Not being aware of the damage I was causing my body/organs by letting my BS go up and down and allowing the meds to keep it in somewhat of a decent state, oh no, I guess I am not smart enough to have that be enough motivation. It was the constant state of getting one urinary tract infection after another, for almost a YEAR before I finally decided that I HAD to stick to this. So, when you have those silent warnings, you still can ignore them, but for me, constant discomfort was what it took and still now, whenever I think of cheating, I remember how uncomfortable those UTI symptoms are and having to call my Dr. over and over to tell him I had yet another UTI, especially knowing that I was partly causing it all.

We have all seen people with wake up calls who are divided into 2 camps. The ones who see the light, are very strong willed, make the changes and stick to them, and then the majority who try to make the changes but soon slip back into thier old habits and likely as not, end up in as bad or worse condition than they were.

BTW, just talked to one of my DSisters last night. Once again, he doctor told her she was getting higher and higher BS numbers and her BP was higher yet. She took the extra BP medicine and is supposed to lose weight, which her Dr. says will help lower the BS numbers but she is content in telling me she doesn't have diabetes. I KNOW just exactly where she is but I also know she isn't going to change until it actually happens. And, let me tell you, she is the smart one, just not ready to make that lifestyle change yet. They are much more social than DH and I and it would be a major lifestyle change for her.
Buffy do you think at least part why you are able to stick to LC this time is that you feel full and are not looking for the next snack? That's what it is for me. The different flours available, and better artificial sweeteners have opened a whole new world - at least for me.

LC, as you said, is huge lifestyle change. It's why I haven't pushed DD32 any harder. She would have to re-think EVERYTHING. And right now that's not her priority it was my priority.

Again - being in this "group" has given me so much knowledge, has helped me continue to learn, and I am so grateful for all of you.
(I think my BHRT is really kicking in! )

Buffy thank you so much for your thoughtful answer.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, thanks for all the good info on the waffles and Sharon, you too. I will make it out sometimes this week and get a waffle maker, if I felt better today I would be out the door. Lately I have relied on DH to do my shopping for me and there are limits on that, let me tell you! He who always thinks bigger and more expensive is better would have a Rolls Royce of a waffle maker delived to my door And then where would I put that, the garage?
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH how did you end up marrying my DH who does EXACTLY that?? I now say, "if it costs more than $___ do not buy it." Oh my gosh Buffy do not let your DH buy your waffle iron because it will be WEEKS before they can custom-make the perfect dye in France, forge it, then get it to the US!

OH SHARON it was you who started this waffle craze! Cannot thank you enough, friend!

Quote:
I do want something crisp, I so miss crisp and crunchy. Yesterday I made some crackers out of Joseph's lavash bread and they are crispy and crunchy. Actually I made some the day before and they were very crisp, very brown and burnt. Not so good. Found out they go from just right to burnt in a nano-second.

What kind of cheese do you gals use in your waffles?
Oh right before this LC venture I was WAY into the Joseph's pita and Joseph's lavash. I also burned a few lavash breads making them into crackers. Sadly they contain wheat and I am staying away from them for now. HOWEVER if you mix up a little sour cream with some picante sauce you'll have a fabulous dip for those crackers! I am here to help...

For today's waffles I used Monterey Jack because that's what I had open. Typically I'd use mozzarella for its neutral flavor.

My waffles did not stay "crisp" but they did start out that way. You know how coconut flour is a little...fragile? It browns quickly and easily and these were DEFINITELY sturdier than I would have imagined, but not particularly "crisp". Oh whatever - they were really good.

Do you have glucomannan powder?
Worth getting. Get the Konjac brand from netrition. It will last a long time.

When I get my courage up I'm going to make noodles with that stuff.
Peggy (buttoni) has a fabulous-looking post up making dumplings with that powder. They look fantastic. (EDITED TO ADD: which I now see Buffy directed us to yesterday! SHEESH! I'm always trying to take the credit!)

Last edited by JMCM1; 01-13-2013 at 10:46 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #364
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Buffy I used Philly Cheese in mine. Didn't taste it per say but had a richer taste.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #365
Big Yapper!!!!

You are absolutely right, you can not convince anyone else to change their woe, or way of anything else. Each person, myself included, had to make the change. I had had lots of advice from people who loved me. Your sister sounds like she is on the right track and will make the needed changes when it gets to the point she has to, just like my sister will. And trust me, when my sister decides, she will be successful, she is the most stubborn thing I have ever met and when she sets her mind to something, she DOES achieve it. After all, when she was in her 50's and holding down a full time very stressful job and building a new home, she decides to go to college and get her batchelor degree. She was able to bypass some classes by passing a test? and then went on to finish in 2 years. She wears me out. She is also the one who hiked in and out of the Grand Canyon at 67 years old with a friend. I admire her to the moon and back. She is 3 years older than me and when we lost our parents nobody had my back like she did, except for my DB who was always there for me as well.

You are absolutely right on the tighter control of appetite is part of why I have also been able to stick to this so much, I remember now that I really never achieved that in the past. So, probably overate on protein as well as all else. Our dear Carolyn was always there telling me, very gently of course, that I probably needed to cut back on calories but I just couldn't at that time, and now, like you said, it is easy.

You are right, you can't push anyone to do LC and I don't even try anymore, even when they ask how did you lose that weight and want me to tell them how, I basically just tell them to get an atkins book and try LC. Have found that hardly anyone even follows that advice, so no need to waste time until they are ready. The more you lose, the more people will ask, but that still doesn't mean they are ready to do it.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #366
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
I tried my first attempt at meatloaf yesterday and it came out pretty good without the bread crumbs. I added ground up mushrooms and onions to the mix instead. Added 2 eggs but think I could have had one and it would have been ok. I had a pound of meat. This was a little crumbly but the taste was there and I was happy with that. Will defiantly make that again.

I have a belgian waffle maker too but like it. You flip this one over each time. These waffles I made yesterday were a cake like texture because I made sure I had the flax mixed in well and it absorbed the liquid some. They were really good tasting!
I like trying all the things. I don't think I've liked much flaxmeal, but I actually liked Carolyn's hot cereal recipe - which is predominantly flaxmeal. Shows you what I know!

I know exactly the type of waffler you are talking about - I actually have one of those too! (I HAVE TOO MANY "THINGS"!!!!!)

Glad you liked your meatloaf - such a comfort food, isn't it?
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Buffy I used Philly Cheese in mine. Didn't taste it per say but had a richer taste.
I was glad to see that as I always have Philly on hand. And, richer is always better, in food, men, etc.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was glad to see that as I always have Philly on hand. And, richer is always better, in food, men, etc.
Oh wait - The recipe I used has both Philly AND a cup of mozzarella. So I used Philly and the cup of Monterey Jack.

OH yes - richer is always better!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #369
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH how did you end up marrying my DH who does EXACTLY that?? I now say, "if it costs more than do not buy it." Oh my gosh Buffy do not let your DH buy your waffle iron because it will be WEEKS before they can custom-make the perfect dye in France, forge it, then get it to the US!

Do you have glucomannan powder?
Worth getting. Get the Konjac brand from netrition. It will last a long time.

! I'm always trying to take the credit![/I])
Yep, our DH's must be just alike, custom made dye from France, har har har.

My Ipad has more gigs, gogs, gags, whatever than I will ever need b/c DH bought it for me for Christmas a year ago and bigger must be better. But, I love, love, love my Ipad and it is something I use everyday. Only a very few things went to the ER with me the other night and Ipad was one of them

I have the Now brand of glucomannan, I think I picked it up at Sprouts and it will probably be enough to be passed down in my will. I have started adding it to my brownie recipe after the success of it being in the little cakes.

Quit trying to shove me aside and steal my thunder Judy, ,
Old 01-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #370
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, yes, I think 1 egg for 1 lb of meat works best for meatloaf. Your ground up mushrooms is a great idea. Love meatloaf. I like mine with a glaze of mustard, catsup and brown sugar on top, added and browned just the last few minutes. Now I make it with more mustard, LC catsup and splenda.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I have the Now brand of glucomannan, I think I picked it up at Sprouts and it will probably be enough to be passed down in my will. I have started adding it to my brownie recipe after the success of it being in the little cakes.
And now it will be in your waffles and in Peggy's dumplings!

Quote:
Quit trying to shove me aside and steal my thunder Judy, ,
*ahem*

No.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #372
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all,
Wow, you all have been busy here! I'm all caught up now and just popped in to say hi before the family shows up for DD's b-day dinner.
I really need to get busy and start making some of these yummy things you all are talking about. I get lazy and tend to eat the same stuff over and over. And I have a problem eating those LC waffles, biscuits, bread, etc as I always feel like I'm cheating. Does anybody else feel that way? It hasn't negatively effected me, it's just a mind thing???

I'll try to check in later. Can't wait for DA but probably won't watch it live. Depends on what else is on and if DH is watching TV. I need to get him hooked on it. I guess a lot of guys really like it? I just assumed mine wouldn't, but maybe I'm wrong.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes - guilty for a moment, then disbelief for the rest.

And honestly I feel it will all catch up with me anyway. Calories still count for me.

If I could maintain here or lose a pound here and there eating this way - I'm a pretty happy person. I would be happier if I didn't have to cook every single thing, but I know I'm better off health-wise that way, too. Gosh if there's something to complain about, I guess I will.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sandy. I have decided being stuck at home and not feeling the best gives me wayyyy too much time to be silly on the board.

Enjoy the birthday dinner and your family.

I hear you on the cooking, I print off way way more recipes than I actually get around to making. Like Judy, would much prefer to just go to the "LC store" and buy it all premade but alas, there are no LC stores. I few tried to make a go of it a number of years ago but it didn't work out for them. As we know from the attempts we have made, it is very hard to make things LC that really taste good, taste right and if they do, they have no shelf life.

If only we were the Beverly Hills housewifes, or the New Jersey ones and we could pretend that we cook but as everyone knows, they all have a full staff and cooks that cook for them. Who could actually cook in those tight dresses or falling off the top tops??? Come on, we aren't that stupid. Lisa Vandepoof, you do NOT Cook! Your dresses are beautiful but way too tight and those insane high heels, come on now???? Besides, we know you gals are busy getting your hair and makeup done. And your little teeny doggies groomed.

DH ate lunch at TX Roadhouse yesterday, so I had him order me a half slab of dry ribs, which came with 2 sides. I got 2 house salads and some of their ranch dressing. Divided the ribs in 2 portions, the 2 salads into 4 and have those in the fridge. The day before I had him pick up 1 1/2 lbs of brisket. So, I have some things to fix meals from, plus my chicken which did seem to be ok. I pulled it off the bones yesterday and put it in the freezer. Yesterday my appetite seemed to be back but gone again today. I only could eat about half the meat salad I made for lunch. But, I don't feel as good today as I did yesterday.

Last edited by Buffy45; 01-13-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #375
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I think you are doing exactly right. You do lose a lb or two here or there and are maintaining and losing a little doing just what you are doing and it is very comfortable for you. You look fantastic and I think too many people make the mistake of trying to be lower than what their bodies want to be, so it is a non-stop struggle.

BTW, Carolyn, congrats on getting the 149 and holding on to it.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't feel as well because of reducing pain med so you're in more pain?
Do you go to a doctor tomorrow?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

I think so Judy and my BP is higher today, not dangerously high but higher than yesterday. Yes, see my Dr. at 3 tomorrow and have a list of questions already on my phone. I just hope he isn't too rushed, he tries really really hard not to be but I know so many people are sick now and his office is just slammed. Loved it when I first found him and he wasn't as busy but good doctors get busy, we have to share.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

If only we were the Beverly Hills housewifes, or the New Jersey ones and we could pretend that we cook but as everyone knows, they all have a full staff and cooks that cook for them. Who could actually cook in those tight dresses or falling off the top tops??? Come on, we aren't that stupid. Lisa Vandepoof, you do NOT Cook! Your dresses are beautiful but way too tight and those insane high heels, come on now???? Besides, we know you gals are busy getting your hair and makeup done. And your little teeny doggies groomed.
THAT'S pretty funny right there!!

Quote:
DH ate lunch at TX Roadhouse yesterday, so I had him order me a half slab of dry ribs, which came with 2 sides. I got 2 house salads and some of their ranch dressing. Divided the ribs in 2 portions, the 2 salads into 4 and have those in the fridge. The day before I had him pick up 1 1/2 lbs of brisket. So, I have some things to fix meals from, plus my chicken which did seem to be ok. I pulled it off the bones yesterday and put it in the freezer. Yesterday my appetite seemed to be back but gone again today. I only could eat about half the meat salad I made for lunch. But, I don't feel as good today as I did yesterday.
This is so valuable, I think. Cooked meat can last such a good long time.
My DH will sometimes go buy ribs or chicken pieces or some type of beef short ribs and grill them for us. It's fabulous to only make sides sometimes.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Found him way back when he was working a day or two a week at an urgent care, liked him so much I asked if and where his practice was.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

True Judy and since meat/protein is the one thing we must have, if we have a few choices of that on hand, we can fill in with what few veggies, berries, dairy we eat.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #381

Dinner was great! We enjoyed the family, especially the little ones. I'm too pooped to pop! Gasp! I had a little bit of bread dipped in EVOO/Balsamic and a small piece of Bday cake. All along with Dreamfields pasta with shrimp scampi with lemon and caesar salad. And a glass of pinot grigio. It was all so good. My DGD and her best friend made the cake. It was not a traditional bday cake, which is way easier to resist tofor me. This one was apple/cream cheese/pecan bundt cake with some kind of sinful frosting/glaze. Thank goodness they didn't leave any here!!!

Buffy, I'm so amazed and proud of you for sticking to your plan during all this stress and feeling bad. You are quite an example for all of us!

Judy, I always trust your recipe reviews. I've made so many things in the past that just weren't that good that I've kind of shied away from making anything. Also, some of the recipes say "serves 4" and I can easily eat half of the dish, so that doesn't work out so well either. Nice to hear about good results.

Carolyn, Wow, that's a great loss! You've worked so hard to get below that 150 iron curtain. Keep up the good work. And no, don't feel guilty. My DH makes his own lunch, when he takes it. He's the only one who can please himself and if he's not pleased he has nobody to complain to, right?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy that sounds like you all had a GREAT time!
And yes, those things are exhausting... in a good way.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, glad your day and dinner were great.

I probably am sticking to my plan partly bc of lack of appetite and it really has finally become such a habit. Nothing sounds sooo good that I want to cheat on it, and, the damn UTI would probably just jump in and add to my misery
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #384
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Nice pair of boobies, MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

MK, those are nice boobies!!!

So glad you have a good doc for your dad!!!

Quote:
We all know MK is dancing around, waiting for DS to come home and tell all. Mother chick that she is I will wave as he flys over our house, we are in the flight path of DFW. I am sure I will know which plane he is on
So DS said he saw this lady outside waving as he was flying over Dallas . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

Nice boobies MK

Quote:
Quick and Easy ice cream

Last night I threw about 1/2 of a small container of blackberries, about 1/2 cup cream, several drops of splenda and stevia and some crushed ice in my magic bullet. Pulsed away and had a wonderful, soft serve ice cream. Sure was good.
OMG that sounds fabulous!!

Quote:
Bet MK is making her 6 page list of questions to ask DS when he gets home
And you'd win that bet!!

I printed out the itinerary that I posted daily and simply asked him questions day by day.
He had such a good time!

Quote:
MK is a happy Mommy today, can't wait to hear about the trip and what he thought of it all.
I WAS a happy mommy yesterday!!

I even made 2 batches of cookies for him to take back with him and did his laundry last night.

Today, he and DH left about 10:30 am.
Now I'm sad.
AND he'd like to get a job in Chicago this summer and not work at the pool here . . . so now I'm REALLY sad.

Buffy - I hope you're feeling better - and the doc tomorrow will know what to do if you're not!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #385

MK, did he feel like a celebrity with your list of questions and you taking notes to report back to us? Wait, he IS a celebrity isn't he? Wasn't he a hero at the pool a couple years back? I can't wait to hear his trip details.

Buffy, can't wait to hear your doctor visit details too. I sure hope he has time to really listen and help. You're so right about how busy they all are right now.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Yes that's a great little waffle maker. It makes great waffles.

I agree about the single egg for the meatloaf. Boy I'm excited that I can enjoy a good meatloaf once again. I use to put oatmeal in it and used the recipe from the Quaker box. Does anyone remember that meatloaf? The mushrooms worked great. Dh. doesn't like them and didn't even know. I couldn't stand it and told him and he still liked the way it turned out.

I'm thinking about getting an iPad. I think now you can ask for a wifi one. That was what was stopping me before. I didn't want to get one to only use it with cell phone companies.

Time to see DA. I see it's been recorded now. See you later

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 01-13-2013 at 07:26 PM..
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #387
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - I'm sure he loved being grilled!! All boys do, right?!

The trip was wonderful.
It rained every day.
Their guide was great.
He needed more socks.
He saw 3 manta rays with over a 5 foot 'wing' span!
He was eaten alive by mosquitoes.
The food was great.
The food was awful.
He brought back some great souvenirs.
The bottle of rum broke in his duffle.

He had a wonderful time!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good for you MK, got your DS back safe & sound!

Good news! DH is better! The new meds worked for him & he was able to keep everything down, no more stomach problems. His friend needs to stay for another week, so DH is heading for AZ tomorrow, to visit with his sister. If all goes well, he'll be able to visit her & then his mother in WA, and our DD in BC before his friend meets up with him. I'm so relieved that he's not sick anymore. Thanks everyone for your prayers.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Sandy - I'm sure he loved being grilled!! All boys do, right?!

The trip was wonderful.
It rained every day.
Their guide was great.
He needed more socks.
He saw 3 manta rays with over a 5 foot 'wing' span!
He was eaten alive by mosquitoes.
The food was great.
The food was awful.
He brought back some great souvenirs.
The bottle of rum broke in his duffle.

He had a wonderful time!
DS's trip recap - very efficient!

I do not like his wanting to stay in Chicago for summer.
No thank you sir.

But very glad he had such a good time on his trip.

Sharon I am still resisting any pad - I'm such a computer person and keyboard person. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, though?
Hope you enjoy yours, should you get one. But I want to hear how you use it when you get one.

I have a little netbook (little computer) that I take everywhere.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's what I'm using now is a little macbook air. Love it. I got it instead of iPad because of the features being wrong for me. This little thing is really my pal and I may just keep with this type instead of going higher tech. I'm like you and it goes with me too.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 01-13-2013 at 10:27 PM..