Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #301
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Linda - how's it going??

Judy - What's up today??!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #302
Princess Proofreader

Day 10, Friday January 11, 2013

Last Day!!

Depart to Philip Goldson International Airport from Monkey Bay
 Breakfast at Monkey Bay
 Morning time to pack and de-brief trip
 Transfer to Belize Intl Airport for departure to home destination

He'll be in Houston tonight and we'll pick him up in St Louis tomorrow!!!

Yay!!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Carolyn, the only possible answer that I have received so far is that the pain from the headache that I had for so long could have caused the raise in BP. If that wasn't the cause then no answers yet. Hope my own Dr. wil work to find out what it is and maybe that was the cause and it will just gradually come down as the pain and inflamation get better.
All very
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Last Day!!

Depart to Philip Goldson International Airport from Monkey Bay
 Breakfast at Monkey Bay
 Morning time to pack and de-brief trip
 Transfer to Belize Intl Airport for departure to home destination

He'll be in Houston tonight and we'll pick him up in St Louis tomorrow!!!

Yay!!
Dang, if he was in Dallas and I felt good, maybe I could find him and get all the details first.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #305
Princess Proofreader

he'll be in Dallas tomorrow!!

Come on - perk up!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:

Of course I would be shoving to get on the desk with him!
But I'm sooooooo impressed with you!!!
Oh MK I would be hanging from the light fixtures.

Quote:
I can't wait to hear what DS has to say!!
He should be on the plane to Houston now!!
Me either!

Quote:
Carolyn - I don't know if I've seen the FB page!!
Can't wait to see it!
Google happy place downton abbey facebook recap - something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Cindy - From the pictures I saw, the boobies are cute!!!
They almost always are! Oh....

Quote:
Carolyn, the only possible answer that I have received so far is that the pain from the headache that I had for so long could have caused the raise in BP. If that wasn't the cause then no answers yet. Hope my own Dr. will work to find out what it is and maybe that was the cause and it will just gradually come down as the pain and inflammation get better.
All very
Trying to be patient....
Don't let me 'get' to you....

Quote:
Linda - how's it going??

Judy - What's up today??!!
Working and working!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #307
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
They almost always are! Oh....

Blue footed Booby

Brown footed booby

Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #308
Big Yapper!!!!

Ahhhh, they are so pretty
Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #309
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Buffy, that makes sense about your headaches and bp. Hope things will settle down in your little head.

Yeah for ds' return home. I love those little birdies.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those boobies are wonderful!

...Said every man everywhere.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I just talked to DH, he's still sick. Going to a clinic tomorrow. Hopefully they can help him.

I got my new internet hub today. It runs like a cell-phone, off of Bell & is working a bit better then the other one did when it was its best.

I was able to get the charitable receipts printed off & cut. Now just to put them in envelopes. And pass them out on Sunday. Its a huge relief! Then I can get on with concentrating on the year-end books. Also had a huge answer to prayer today... Christian High school grad had booked the church, and then I found out the Royal Conservatory Tests were to take place at the church on the same days! God is so good! Turned out the school had not firmed up those dates & easily switched their dates! It was too late for RC to change, as they sent out info, made reservations, etc... even though they didn't check on the dates with me first! You can imagine my stress!?

So, I went ahead & got a flu shot today. All your talk about how bad the flu is this year & seeing so many in our church that have it going through their families... at least it was free.

Looking forward to a nice week-end! Hope God heals DH & Buffy right away!
Blessings,
Debby
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I just talked to DH, he's still sick. Going to a clinic tomorrow. Hopefully they can help him.

I got my new internet hub today. It runs like a cell-phone, off of Bell & is working a bit better then the other one did when it was its best.

I was able to get the charitable receipts printed off & cut. Now just to put them in envelopes. And pass them out on Sunday. Its a huge relief! Then I can get on with concentrating on the year-end books. Also had a huge answer to prayer today... Christian High school grad had booked the church, and then I found out the Royal Conservatory Tests were to take place at the church on the same days! God is so good! Turned out the school had not firmed up those dates & easily switched their dates! It was too late for RC to change, as they sent out info, made reservations, etc... even though they didn't check on the dates with me first! You can imagine my stress!?

So, I went ahead & got a flu shot today. All your talk about how bad the flu is this year & seeing so many in our church that have it going through their families... at least it was free.

Looking forward to a nice week-end! Hope God heals DH & Buffy right away!
Blessings,
Debby
What a day you've had! I only kinda sorta followed the double-booking at church, but it sounded like it all worked out well.

Congrats on your flu shot. I do not have time for the flu! I hope none of us have to have time for the flu!

I hope and pray for healing for all those who need it, too! Glad your DH will go to a clinic. Don't want him dehydrated...
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #313
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Those boobies are wonderful!

...Said every man everywhere.

Debby - poor DH!!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #314
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Debby - poor DH!!
*whew*
Thanks for pretending to laugh.

I've decided to change my name.
First name: Emmy
Last name: Ture
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #315

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Good morning ladies.

It is 5:30 and I'm up. I wonder if Sandy has been for hours.

Debby, your poor dh. Nothing is worse than MR!!! Sometimes it lasts until you get home. Let's hope it is under control. Agggh, I am so glad that that date cleared up.

At dh and ds workplace, flu shots are given each fall. So at least the majority of the people get them. I do think my vitamin D has helped me a lot.

Laundry day for me. A run to WM, too. Maybe I can talk dh into going for coffee.

Who has Netflix?? I'm watching Prime Suspect now. I love English mysteries. Can't wait for DA on Sunday.

Hope all our gals are healthy!!!!

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #316
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:

Blue footed Booby

Brown footed booby

Nice pair of boobies, MK!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Nice pair of boobies, MK!
Thanks for making me feel less EmmyTure, Cindy!
It's not immature - it's funny!
You know the tufted titmouse is also a lovely bird.

Carolyn I also think Vitamin D has kept me exceedingly well.
DH broke his femur in 2008 and was then prescribed Vitamin D.
I started reading about it and began to take it.

I have not since had the common cold. I get a flu shot every year.
A cold is so...harsh.
I don't know if it's a direct relationship, or if it works particularly well for me, but my vitamin D levels are right in the middle and I take 5,000 IU/day.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #318

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I've been sleeping the last 2 nights and it feels great! I hate those sleepless times. I feel like I slept about 5 minutes a night from the time I turned 40 until I was 50. And now, I value my sleep highly. Thank goodness now my sleeplessness doesn't usually last too long.

I take 4000 iu of Vit D daily too. And although I just got over a cold and bad sinus infection or something, I do feel like I'm much healthier. And I always get a flu shot every year since my mom first became ill several years ago. I'm not sure I believe in them 100% but I get them, just in case, lol.

I took my dad into his regular dr yesterday for a follow up. It was the first time I'd met this new Dr that he's been going to, and I loved him!!! He was so thorough and took so much time and listened to everything we had to say. And you could tell he really was concerned and wanted to help. Sadly, there are a lot of drs who just rush you in and out and make you feel pretty unimportant. Anyway, we both left there feeling more reassured than we have felt since this whole nightmare started, and that's a good feeling. I think we can see the end in sight but he's still got a lot of recoup to do to get back to feeling like his old self.

My DD's birthday is tomorrow so I'm fixing a big family dinner to celebrate. She wants shrimp scampi over angel hair. I already picked up the shrimp and the Dreamfields pasta so I just have a few things still to get today. I talked DGD (DD's DD) into making her cake, so at least that's off my plate. Hopefully it will remain off my plate tomorrow too, lol.

Buffy, how are you doing today? I can't wait for you to see your Dr Monday. I hope he'll get to the bottom of this!

Judy, I love your sense of humor!

MK, those are nice boobies!!!

Debby, your poor DH. Does he have to go clear into PV to see a Dr? I can't remember seeing any clinics or dr offices in Sayulita or Bucerias. Which doesn't mean anything, as I wasn't looking for one at the time. I hope they get it under control soon.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning to all you ladies, even the Emmy Ture ones who adds so much fun and laughter to our days!

Got up to a reasonable BP reading so hoping for a good day. Slept through my scheduled dose of my advil on steroids so starting it late but the good news is that just a slight headache. Today I transition down from on the dosage she had me on for 3 days due to problems the higher doses can cause for your tummy. Fingers crossed that it helps keep the pain at bay as well. I seem to have a high tolerance for pain but if that is causing the BP to spike, then I need to get that and the inflamation under control and hopefully GONE!!

We all know MK is dancing around, waiting for DS to come home and tell all. Mother chick that she is I will wave as he flys over our house, we are in the flight path of DFW. I am sure I will know which plane he is on

Sandy, such good news on the doctor visit with your DDad. Isn't it great to find a good doctor you like and that seems to care. I was not impressed with the doctor I had at the hospital, she might have been very qualified but seemed very distant and uncaring. Did not want to take the time to answer any questions, just wanted to get me out of there and back to my Dr. My Dr. does care and I love him but wow oh wow, he has gotten so busy b/c of this. My DD needs a new Dr. and although he isn't normally taking new patients, they did say they would take her since she is my DD, but, not sure how long it will be to get her in. I told her to take the appt., no matter how far out it is so that she can get established with him. Since she moved out near me, she still hadn't changed to a Dr. here, the one she has been going to is near her office so that has worked out but still, would be better off out here.

Debby, we will be ordering you a cape, slayed a dragon/er mouse, and juggled two bookings, . When we were busier in our business, we covered a several state area and it wasn't unusual for me to book 2 golf course jobs, sometimes several states apart, in the same time frame b/c 99% of the time, one or both would have changed their schedule several times and it would work out, but oh yi yi, when it didn't, I had to really do a juggling act and talk fast to make them both feel like they were more important than the other. Whew, I dreaded those times. But, if you didn't book the 2nd job, more times than not, the first one changed their schedule and you missed out on the 2nd job. Quite a balancing act.

Vit D is a very important vitamin to take I believe. Since I am on 4-5000 per day, mine measures in the middle when they test it too. I don't have the colds I used to although one catches me every once in a while.

Appetite starting to build a little, it was pretty much gone earlier in the week. Now, if I just had the energy and wanted to cook. Enjoying the avocado chocolate pudding once a day and yesterday, I crumbled up a little piece of the Simple Brownie in it and lots of whipped cream. Yummalicious! That was my last piece of brownie so going to make a double batch of those, they freeze very well.

Debby, I can't even begin to think how awful it will be for your DH to have to ride a motorcycle all that way home if he is not feeling well. Oh my

DD is at Urgent care, her BP is too high and she still has a headache, can you believe we are having the same symptoms all this week? She has never had high BP before, that is why I am wanting to get her into my Dr. The flu is so bad around here that people can't even get in to their own doctors so the urgent care and the ER's are overflowing. They are even setting up tents at some places so that people with flu symptoms can just go, test to see if they have the flu and get the rX for tamiflu.

Rainy day here, we have had a nice amount of rain this week which is very welcome for our area.

Last edited by Buffy45; 01-12-2013 at 08:22 AM..
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Good to hear that things are improving Buffy, sorry DD is also not well.

DH has been taking meds, but still has issues. He'd forgot about drinking Gatoraid... hopefully the Dr will prescribe something that will knock those bugs out.

I had a terrible night. Couldn't sleep, sore all over, and when I finally got up I couldn't be up for more then 2-3 minutes before blacking out. The flu shot seems to have given me a lot more then "soreness." Its taken me an hour to get food & tylenol down, stoke the fires, etc. (-1F) outside this morning!! I'm thinking I might make it now.

Judy you're so funny & fun!

Nice boobies MK
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Debby, don't be joining us sickies, go put your cape on to give you strength!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quick and Easy ice cream

Last night I threw about 1/2 of a small container of blackberries, about 1/2 cup cream, several drops of splenda and stevia and some crushed ice in my magic bullet. Pulsed away and had a wonderful, soft serve ice cream. Sure was good.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #324
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I've been sleeping the last 2 nights and it feels great! I hate those sleepless times. I feel like I slept about 5 minutes a night from the time I turned 40 until I was 50. And now, I value my sleep highly. Thank goodness now my sleeplessness doesn't usually last too long.
I'm jealous. I've had nearly a lifetime of bad sleeping, but this last year (official menopause) I was sleeping better. When I started eating HF/LC I slept well for awhile, had a ton of energy, then stopped sleeping well. So I've started the thyroid medication and BHRT - I'm hoping it'll all sort out, but not sleeping is something I can't guess when it will happen and it is so frustrating for me. I also value my sleep - I think sleep is a comforting thing.

Quote:
I took my dad into his regular dr yesterday for a follow up. It was the first time I'd met this new Dr that he's been going to, and I loved him!!!
THAT is a blessing!

Quote:
Hopefully it will remain off my plate tomorrow too, lol.

Quote:
MK, those are nice boobies!!!

Quote:
Good Morning to all you ladies, even the Emmy Ture ones
That's me!

Gosh Buffy - so much going on. I hate your DD is mimicking your symptoms - what in the world is going on down there??
I agree - your DD should get an appt. with your good doctor no matter how long she waits. We don't want to let the good ones get away.
My cute smart 84-yr-old mother has a doctor like Sandy was describing for her dad. I suggested she bake him cookies or pies to take with her to an appointment so she would be the favorite patient! I'm very good at thinking up work for other people to do.

Glad you are getting some appetite - that seems healthy at this point!

Quote:
Good morning,
Good to hear that things are improving Buffy, sorry DD is also not well.

DH has been taking meds, but still has issues. He'd forgot about drinking Gatoraid... hopefully the Dr will prescribe something that will knock those bugs out.

I had a terrible night. Couldn't sleep, sore all over, and when I finally got up I couldn't be up for more then 2-3 minutes before blacking out. The flu shot seems to have given me a lot more then "soreness." Its taken me an hour to get food & tylenol down, stoke the fires, etc. (-1F) outside this morning!! I'm thinking I might make it now.
OH NOES!!! I am so sorry!! I hope so much this is very very temporary and not the flu at all. Let us know how you are doing - keep an eye out for fever. Take care of yourself!

Buffy I love the idea of Debby having a cape - that sounds perfect for our superhero Debby!

Quote:
Nice boobies MK
at least you have your sense of humor!

Quote:
Quick and Easy ice cream

Last night I threw about 1/2 of a small container of blackberries, about 1/2 cup cream, several drops of splenda and stevia and some crushed ice in my magic bullet. Pulsed away and had a wonderful, soft serve ice cream. Sure was good.
Yes!!!!!!
I will sometimes put a handful of frozen strawberries in the Ninja, add cream and some low carb milk and vanilla DaVinci and same thing - soft serve ice cream!

The cold front is moving through and bringing more blessed rain. Carolyn I think you all are getting this too - I hope!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Wish I had gotten the Ninja now that I read more about both that and the Magic Bullet, but all those pretty lids swayed me . I tried making my chocolate avocado pudding in that instead of my immersion blender, nope, didn't do nearly as good of a job. The problem, and I think most of you will understand this, is that the immersion blender comes out of the mixture with a lot of pudding still on it. I shake, then I tried to scrape it off and then, what is left??? I have to lick the rest of it off, now that is awkward with an immersion blender, you have to understand. Beaters off a mixer are much more convenient . One of my cats, for some strange reason, loves to watch me eat, probably due to the laugh factor and she just looks at me so puzzled when I have that immersion blender over the sink, trying to get that last little bit of pudding off. By the way, if you do make the avocado pudding, I like it much better when I cut back on the cocoa just a little bit. My first batch was just a little too much chocolate and a little too sweet.

I have also had a lifetime of not sleeping well, probably sleep as good or better now than I ever did but I am constantly switching from one sleep aid to another. The hospital gave me codeine with tylenol one night and I have to admit, I LOVED it, put me in that deep, laying in a cloud sleep which was hard to wake up from. I can see where people could easily get addicted to that. I won't allow myself but will be nice to have in the medicine cabinet to take once once in a while.

Dr. gave DD something a little stronger for her headache this morning. She had the flu test and it was negative, thank heavens.

Debby, are you feeling any better?

Bet MK is making her 6 page list of questions to ask DS when he gets home
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #326
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,

I am feeling better. Had two really long phone conversations & watered my plants... had lunch. Feeling better & better. Thanks! I hope DH is also.

Beautiful day out, sun blazing on the crystallized snow...That's really some cold front, hey? Ridiculous here! My SIL in AZ says its even freezing in AZ. That's not good news for motorcycle travelers.

I'm getting set to make my cereal. I make 16 times the breakfast serving, saves my mornings! Of course this morning I was out of the mix, part of the trouble I had in getting something to eat with the Tylenol while I could still stand up... went real simple this morning.

Brain cells are recovering. Might actually be able to program the docking-station alarm clock I picked up yesterday. MAYBE!

Catch you later!
Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
By the way, if you do make the avocado pudding, I like it much better when I cut back on the cocoa just a little bit. My first batch was just a little too much chocolate and a little too sweet.

Bet MK is making her 6 page list of questions to ask DS when he gets home
I made the pudding yesterday and yes, it's a little too much chocolate and a little too sweet. I can see making it again, but I'll cut back on both chocolate and sweetener - as you suggested.

I HOPE MK is getting her pencil sharpened to write down the answer to the questions and post them here for us!

Quote:
Hi girls,

I am feeling better. Had two really long phone conversations & watered my plants... had lunch. Feeling better & better. Thanks! I hope DH is also.

OH good news, good news!
Thank you for checking in. I hope this is a one-day or just a few-hour reaction to that shot and that you haven't already been exposed to the flu.
I do hope your DH is better or can let you know how he is.

It's SLEETING!
DH and I just got back from a quick trip at the store, where we saw nearly every other member of our community because cold weather is coming in so everybody go to the store at once!
I got a whole chicken so I can make Buffy's stewed chicken. DH was so excited he went with me!
Our deck is covered in ice pellets.
I must admit - I love weather. As long as it's not trying to kill me.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #328
Big Yapper!!!!

Couldn't tell if Judy's DH was excited about the sleet or the chicken

I have to laugh when we get a winter storm watch in TX, people flock to the stores in packs, now come on people, hoe bad is it going to be in Dallas? Can't get out for like 24 hours, OMG might starve here Now S TX and hurricane areas, that is a different story!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #329
Big Yapper!!!!

I love weather too and so do all my kids, it is fascinating. And they lived through a category 4 tornado!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The tornado stuff is obviously threatening and awful (poor Joplin).
But the rest of it is thrilling!

DH was excited about Buffy Soup! Which is what we'll be calling it from now on...
Wait.
That sounds fairly odd... like someone may ask whether we used much Buffy in the soup.