Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yes, he needs to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics..Hoping he will..Dad has to take care of himself..

Yes, that is a very rich casserole.....I made one pound of sausage but used a smaller
dish so there was more sausage in the bottom..Then I used about 9 eggs instead of the 12.

Heading for bed.. Got 99 percent of my cards done..now to take a loan out to mail them..LOL
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Picture Debby!!!
Love your new picture Buffy! And family pics! so cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Just a quick note to tell you Debby that my pictures are open to everybody. Went to check and all was good.

Busy day today with dog walks and back on the bike. Have a nice day.
Wow!! you've done amazing!! SO enjoy your pictures!

OK... so here's my 1939 get-up for choir. Felt really silly with the hair-do!

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh Debby - that is so cute.
It's hard to see you goal-weight people as ever having been overweight.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy,
I'd say the same about you!
Sounds like you had a fun time out & about.
We took the grand-kids out to smorgasbord for lunch after church. They love helping themselves!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
For some reason, I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. And, I was sooo tired last night, I really needed a good 8 hours and I got 4 hours. I finally got up about 6:00 and Bobby got up about 6:30 so looks like I will be up for the day. Oh well, should sleep really well tonight.

I had the steroid shot last week and started the antibiotics on Friday and still am having awful sinus headaches, especially on the right side of my head. I always get more blockage on that side. Did the ice pack like you gals recommended last night and am going to go do it again here in a minute. I am taking musinex along with an allergy med and advil, just ready for this to get better. Will give it a couple more days, then might need to call the Dr. again.

Debby, you looked so cute in your outfit.

Oh Sandy, that spider bite is scary. Last thing he needed right now, yes?

Thanks for the compliments on my picture, although I will look for one that isn't sooo close up. DD and I were just messing around yesterday and she said I definitely needed to update to a more recent one, which this one is, but I need to find one that isn't so "in your face"

Happy that weight is staying in the 190.4 range and hasn't bounced back up yet. But, I haven't probably been eating enough, don't have much appetite with the ketosis and being very busy tends to make me just skip eating rather than take the chance of eating something that is handy but not LC. Wish I had brought home a piece of the breakfast casserole that DD made, Carolyn's recipe. It would have been great for breakfast.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy, I want that sinus trouble to be gone!!
Is there any chance you'll get relief from cold weather? Fewer grasses, fewer molds?
It's 23 degrees here! I suppose it's not that cold there.

I agree with the others about the mucinex. My sister's family all have allergies/sinus and were glad years ago when mucinex became available.

I like your weight staying down. At least you have that. I know what you mean about eating possibly too little. I think this morning I'll make a two-egg omelette, and after removing my omelette from the skillet I'll put on top an ounce or an ounce-and-a-half of cream cheese, and a couple of spoonfuls of salsa.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds good Judy but I'll bet you that you and I would be satisfied with half of it for each of us. Thought I was hungry yesterday, got a small plateful of food and couldn't even finish that. I am down to eating mainly meat b/c I need as much protein as possible. M ost of my problem right now is that I am just too busy, once Christmas is over, things will settle back down.

I took advil this morning instead of tylenol and that seemed to help my headache more, plus went online and tried to follow a video of how to do massage to help drainage in your head/sinus. Think it helped a little.

Off to make some toffee and then take Bobby home so that he can go to school at noon. Such a busy little bee he is .
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy, do you rinse your sinus' with salt water?
We lived in the wilderness & discovered this in a home-cure book when our son got a sinus infection. I've used it successfully for years. I use an eye-dropper & put salt-water (not too strong) in sinus with head back & move to one side, letting it travel through, then turn head to other side... there's a trick to it to keep from swallowing it, but in the end blow it out. I make it strong enough that it burns slightly, is uncomfortable, but works like a dream! Only need to do it once or twice a day & usually only one or two days & it kills infection. I know they make "pots" for this, but doesn't look like it gets through all the way like my method. Dr's up here are now recommending it also. Salt is a natural healer too.

Nonetheless, I hope you get well soon!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:04 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Buffy, do you rinse your sinus' with salt water?
We lived in the wilderness & discovered this in a home-cure book when our son got a sinus infection. I've used it successfully for years. I use an eye-dropper & put salt-water (not too strong) in sinus with head back & move to one side, letting it travel through, then turn head to other side... there's a trick to it to keep from swallowing it, but in the end blow it out. I make it strong enough that it burns slightly, is uncomfortable, but works like a dream! Only need to do it once or twice a day & usually only one or two days & it kills infection. I know they make "pots" for this, but doesn't look like it gets through all the way like my method. Dr's up here are now recommending it also. Salt is a natural healer too.

Nonetheless, I hope you get well soon!
Debby now that you mention that, I believe there is an otc nasal spray that is salt and water only (I think). Seems like that might be convenient, too, Buffy if you are interested. Heck you've tried everything else!

By the way Debby, it did not escape me that you said, "we lived in the wilderness..." I am hanging on for some interesting stories to come, hopefully!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
By the way Debby, it did not escape me that you said, "we lived in the wilderness..." I am hanging on for some interesting stories to come, hopefully!
Yes like bears and wolves and moose OH MY!

Debby using salt water is a natural healer for sure. I go to that when my throat is sore as well.

We're still having nice weather so today we'll be back at our walking at the lake and I'll do some riding on my new toy. Sure like the new Healthrider. It's fun along with being on the small side.

Loved your outfit Debby will there be anymore period pieces? Looking forward to the next one.

and keep it real today.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #251

Hi gals..

I thought Debby was June Cleaver.. You look great!!!

Oh, Buffy...you need to get much better faster..Praying for more healing for you..

Had a nice big chicken Caesar salad out with my exercise friends..It certainly was a high fat meal, but good..

Cards are mailed.....Hurray..Going back to Bartlesville tomorrow with my friend for more shopping..

I need to check out the wrapping paper supply here, too..I love those bags, though..don't you??
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I find few things as satisfying as a chicken Caesar. I always feel decadent and very happy afterward!

I was undisciplined for a long time and bought WAY too much wrapping paper for several years' worth of after-Christmas sales. I had no idea it would take me to the end of my life to use it up. And I've given away rolls to DDs....it just hides under a bed and multiplies all year, I think!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #253

LOL..Sometimes it is hard to judge how much wrapping paper to buy, Judy..It's one of those things..
Old 12-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls!
Thanks for the compliments... Mrs Cleaver!?
Yes, we're next week is 1959 I think... will find out tonight. Then next week is just now. So I've got to get some opinions tonight. Was going to do my suede suit from the late 60's, but I see they wore more dresses in 59. So I think my alternative plaid dress with full skirt is the way to go... just gotta figure out a Jackie O or Marilyn Monroe hairdo
Went for a great ski this afternoon, finished off with 20 minutes Flex. Feeling good!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Voting: Plaid dress w/full skirt, fantastic Jackie O or Marilyn hairdos.
You are doing it right, Debby!

Fun for us!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #256

Go for the plaid dress with the full skirt...Did we "tease" our hair then??

Jimmy has his new blog out about Nutritional Ketosis..He has lost 60 pounds since he started..He looks great..
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Going a step further - we "ratted" our hair then!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #258
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Very chatty today!!

Debby - loved the picture!!
It's amazing how much oder that hairstyle makes you look - you're so young looking in your regular pic!!

The Jackie or Marilyn hair will be so much better!

Sandy - Spider bite?! Oh no!! That poor family has been through a lot recently!!

Sharon - sounds like you had a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

My sister made it and shared with us all so we could vote whether it will be on Christmas morning casserole. We all voted yes, but we enjoyed the creaminess, and decided to double the sausage.

Thanks!

Carolyn - thanks for your ideas too.

Definitely less eggs and maybe less cream cheese and/or sour cream and more sausage!!

But I'm eating it every day for breakfast. It's still really good!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #259
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - i saw your pictures!! Love them!!
Especially Ava as Robin with a tutu!!! Priceless!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #260
Princess Proofreader

Sharon - i still can't see yours!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 AM   #261

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
DS finally went to the ER this a.m. They think it's MRSA, not a spider bite. I hope they're doing a test to make sure.
We're still awaiting the results from DGD's blood work last week to hopefully, finally know what is going on with her. They think it's lupus or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis!
They found an ulcerated mass in the upper part, the cecum, of my dad's colon yesterday. The Dr. told us he thinks it's cancer but will let us know for sure when pathology report comes back.
My DSIL got laid off yesterday and my DGS is expected to get laid off today or tomorrow.
I feel like my family is under attack. Please remember all of them in your prayers.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
DS finally went to the ER this a.m. They think it's MRSA, not a spider bite. I hope they're doing a test to make sure.
We're still awaiting the results from DGD's blood work last week to hopefully, finally know what is going on with her. They think it's lupus or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis!
They found an ulcerated mass in the upper part, the cecum, of my dad's colon yesterday. The Dr. told us he thinks it's cancer but will let us know for sure when pathology report comes back.
My DSIL got laid off yesterday and my DGS is expected to get laid off today or tomorrow.
I feel like my family is under attack. Please remember all of them in your prayers.
Sandy GEESH that is so much - seems like too much.
I am so sorry for all of this.

I am praying for each and every member of your family, even those not listed (I have a tender heart for the caretakers and family members of those afflicted).

Bless your heart.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Oh Sandy, my heart goes out to you and your family, too much all at once. Are the layoffs seasonal by any chance, that will come back later, or not? So many people out of work and families suffering.
Hoping for good news on DGD, but sounds like she has a tough road ahead.

MK, thanks for the compliments on my pictures, yes, Ava and Bobby made a cute team this past Halloween.

Got a very good nights sleep last night but woke once again to headache and sinus feeling totally blocked. I will try the nasal spray, I always forget about that b/c I hate it, LOL. If I had more time, I would seek out a massage therapist that knew how to do sinus massage. Just a little too busy right now for my comfort zone, the toffee orders keep coming in, which makes me very happy and proud, but whew!!! Had to go out and find 12 little tins for this one particular order yesterday, and they had to be no more than $1.00 each due to what she wanted to spend, found some finally at HObby Lobby to fit the bill and they had!!!!! EXACTLY 12! Interesting, they must have been left over from last year as they were $1.99 and of course Hobby L has them at 50% off, well, the other tins that size were like $4.69 regular price with 50% off?? Quite a jump in price. I have found the dollar type stores to be a good source but they don't have nearly the selection this year that they did last year.

Today, making toffee all day plus some laundry thrown in and pay some bills.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Going a step further - we "ratted" our hair then!
That's right, we did rat it and does everyone remember the urban myth about the spider that was living in some woman's beehive!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sandy so sorry that your family is going through so much. Praying for you and your loved ones.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 12-11-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 12-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #266

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I just got a call from my dad's dr. It is cancer and he's going to see a surgeon tomorrow. They'll remove part of his colon and some lymph nodes and then decide any needed further treatment from there. At this point, I hope they can schedule the surgery sooner rather than later.

Lay-offs aren't really seasonal but I don't think they're permanent either. Work is just really slow right now in the construction industry but next year is supposed to be wonderful. I sure hope they're right.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I hope they can schedule it sooner, too. So sorry.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #269

Hi ladies..

Oh, Sandy..Your poor dad..Praying for a quick surgery and wisdom for the doctors as they treat him. Yikes on your DGD.. But, it is better to know what they are dealing with so they can treat it..Prayers for that doctor, too.. Let's hope the construction work comes back with a vengeance..That would be wonderful...wonderful..

Poor little Aunt Leta died last night. Luckily, she was comatose at the end and her son from Mississippi got to see her. We will go to the burial at the Buffalo Cemetery on Friday. Then we probably will go out to the farm for lunch..I'll get some sandwich stuff and chips, etc..from WalMart, so we can all visit out there..We love our cousins and don't see them as much as we should.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for your Dad. So sorry this has to happen right at Christmas. I hope & pray he is expedited through it & has a good outcome. My Pastor went through that & is totally healed.