Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn!

LOVE that avi!! So fancy!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Wow Carolyn, beautiful picture of you and Gary, I love it!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Ran by our little neighborhood walmart grocery to pick up my RX, forgot they were closed from 12:30 to 2:00, bummer, now I have to get out and make another run. At least they have a drive thru.

Toffee for today delivered, now have to make 10 lbs and start packaging for tomorrows orders. Picked up another order when I made one of today's deliveries. Score!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ran by our little neighborhood walmart grocery to pick up my RX, forgot they were closed from 12:30 to 2:00, bummer, now I have to get out and make another run. At least they have a drive thru.

Toffee for today delivered, now have to make 10 lbs and start packaging for tomorrows orders. Picked up another order when I made one of today's deliveries. Score!!!

Although I don't know what I'm laughing about. You're making toffee and money (both good things). And orders are flying into your hands!
I don't know how you make that much toffee without getting worn out.
(said lazy Judy)
Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!

I really perfected my system when I started selling it last year. One batch is 2 1/2 lbs, I used to kind of dread getting the stuff out and making that, then I bought a second pan, could get two prepped and ready to make one after the other. Then, I thought to use parchment paper in the sheet pans, so no washing in between, then I got 2 more pans and another candy thermometer, LOL. Anyway, now, if I get set up and ready, I can turn out 10 lbs in a little over an hour. I think 30 lbs in one day was my record. I am going to make 10 lbs this afternoon, have 7 1/2 lbs ready to be packed for a delivery tomorrow. I don't get too much else done right now, I do have to say.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #186
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Holy smokes, Buffy..You are truly the Martha Stewart of Toffee..

Thanks for the picture kudos.. I need more ink on my printer to get my letters out..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
What a nice picture Carolyn. You both look like your having a blast.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Ended up with 12 1/2 lbs made, I was on a roll. While I was making it DH called to give me an order from a friend of 2 more lbs and told me another guy who had ordered 5 lbs would be ready for his on Monday, so, thought I had better make another batch while I was at it. I have 20 lbs made up now, that should take me through Monday's orders. Sure couldn't keep this up but it is kind of fun just for once a year. Good thing I don't have to do a lot for Christmas anymore, had the kids gifts bought in October and one of my DD's is having us over for Christmas. So much more fun at their house, the kids have all their things from Santa that they want to show us and this DD has help that comes in the next day and cleans up lots of the work, AWESOME!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Love your new picture Carolyn! You don't look like you need to lose wt either!
Wow Buffy, crazy candy making! Must smell like "heaven" in your house! WTG on doing so much better with food this Christmas season!

I had a rather productive day today. Forgot to take my Isocort till late (again), so took less. I must not need it, didn't notice any difference! Which is great, if that's true then my adrenals must be getting better.

I was so happy yesterday I thought of a great present for my dd's family. A family pass to their local pool. Dh agreed & we got it. Now I can't wait till Christmas, to see how they like it! Need to think of something that easy for ds's family.

Hope everyone's getting better!
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #190

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Great picture of you and Gary Carolyn. You both look like you were having a great time. I love that color of blue you're wearing. I bet that was a great cruise!

Chicken salad was good. I think I chopped the chicken a little too small but the taste was great.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #191
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Thanks for not giving up on me!!

I left the house at 9:00am and didn't return until 3:30.
It was a long day!
Then I spent 2 hours talking to the hospital, the insurance carrier, DH's dentist . . . .

I've been vegging all night.
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
What a nice picture Carolyn. You both look like your having a blast.
It DOES look that good!

Quote:
Ended up with 12 1/2 lbs made, I was on a roll. While I was making it DH called to give me an order from a friend of 2 more lbs and told me another guy who had ordered 5 lbs would be ready for his on Monday, so, thought I had better make another batch while I was at it. I have 20 lbs made up now, that should take me through Monday's orders. Sure couldn't keep this up but it is kind of fun just for once a year. Good thing I don't have to do a lot for Christmas anymore, had the kids gifts bought in October and one of my DD's is having us over for Christmas. So much more fun at their house, the kids have all their things from Santa that they want to show us and this DD has help that comes in the next day and cleans up lots of the work, AWESOME!!!
Note to self: Make better friends with Buffy & her DD particularly during holidays and hotel getaways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Love your new picture Carolyn! You don't look like you need to lose wt either!
Wow Buffy, crazy candy making! Must smell like "heaven" in your house! WTG on doing so much better with food this Christmas season!

I had a rather productive day today. Forgot to take my Isocort till late (again), so took less. I must not need it, didn't notice any difference! Which is great, if that's true then my adrenals must be getting better.

I was so happy yesterday I thought of a great present for my dd's family. A family pass to their local pool. Dh agreed & we got it. Now I can't wait till Christmas, to see how they like it! Need to think of something that easy for ds's family.

Hope everyone's getting better!
Brilliant idea!! I hope they like it. Sounds like a great idea.
Interesting about the Isocort. maybe one day doesn't make much difference, but many days might?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Great picture of you and Gary Carolyn. You both look like you were having a great time. I love that color of blue you're wearing. I bet that was a great cruise!

Chicken salad was good. I think I chopped the chicken a little too small but the taste was great.
Argh! I sometimes stir and stir my chicken salad until it's nearly a paste!
It's something I've just started doing - not sure why. But we like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Thanks for not giving up on me!!

I left the house at 9:00am and didn't return until 3:30.
It was a long day!
Then I spent 2 hours talking to the hospital, the insurance carrier, DH's dentist . . . .

I've been vegging all night.
Hey - I'm one of the newest people here and I have stalked you to several other forums.
Will. Not. Give. Up. On. Mary. Kay.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #193

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

A pass to a local pool is a great idea for a Christmas present..Lasts all year long..

We just watched The Vow..good movie from a true story.

MK: I hate being gone all day sometimes..It is exhausting..

I do love that color blue, too..Got it for cheap at Dillards with black pants..

Tomorrow we ring the bells for Salvation Army for an hour in front of Wallie World. Ds is ringing them before us. The weather is supposed to be nice.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Brilliant idea!! I hope they like it. Sounds like a great idea.
Interesting about the Isocort. maybe one day doesn't make much difference, but many days might?
Thanks! I'm so hoping its a hit with them, pretty sure it will be.
Yes, I'm going to be very cautious about messing with my dosages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals..
A pass to a local pool is a great idea for a Christmas present..Lasts all year long..
We just watched The Vow..good movie from a true story.

MK: I hate being gone all day sometimes..It is exhausting..

I do love that color blue, too..Got it for cheap at Dillards with black pants..

Tomorrow we ring the bells for Salvation Army for an hour in front of Wallie World. Ds is ringing them before us. The weather is supposed to be nice.
Yeah! I hope the pool's a real hit with the whole family.

I agree, its so exhausting to be gone all day. I was in town for 2 or 3 hours & had to catch up on my "net-friends" before I could do my work-out... its just the way I gotta do things .
Ringing those bells would be a hard thing for me to do... have trouble with loud, constant noises. Afraid I opt out of that one.

Question to you gals, I noticed that your pictures don't show up in albums. Do you have albums? Need to change the privacy on them, or need to "friend" people to let them see them? I opened mine up so people could see them.

See ya!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #195
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ringing those bells would be a hard thing for me to do... have trouble with loud, constant noises. Afraid I opt out of that one.

Question to you gals, I noticed that your pictures don't show up in albums. Do you have albums? Need to change the privacy on them, or need to "friend" people to let them see them? I opened mine up so people could see them.
I actually walk as far away as possible from those bells - the sound is absolutely too much for me. I give online. because I think they do fabulous work. People have absolutely been saved from ruin by the Salvation Army. But I do give online.

I do not have an album and I probably never will. Can't believe I have my real picture on here! HA HA!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning gals! Am I the first one in here this morning? And I slept late! The closer it gets to Christmas the busier we all get.

Debby, I don't have an album on here, never got around to setting one up and like Judy, probably won't. Heck, I can't even get around to updating my profile picture and it is so old. Someday.

Gals, saw another new low this morning, 190.4. I would love to see 189 by New Year's and may but I am pretty sure 2 lbs was my loss for Nov. so this might be it for Dec. As long as the losses keep slowly coming (well, feel free to come quickly) I will be content.

Off to work on toffee and then little Ava, 2, is coming to spend the night with Mema.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #197
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Look at me - trying to be better . . . though I should be at church right now . . . .

Carolyn - I love your picture!
You are gorgeous!!

Debby - I will never have an album . . . or a blog . . . I'm just not that interesting!

Quote:

Hey - I'm one of the newest people here and I have stalked you to several other forums.
Will. Not. Give. Up. On. Mary. Kay.

Thanks!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #198
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - I don't tell you often enough, but I'm so proud of you!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #199
Big Yapper!!!!

Aww, MK, thank you soo much! You gals have let me be a part of the group when I wasn't even near thinking of eating right or being LC.

You are certainly interesting, love your posts and have loved getting to know your family, the kids, all their comings and goings. That is what I love about our little group here and as you found out, we missed you so much when you weren't on here posting that we hunted you down! So there missy!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I do not have an album and I probably never will. Can't believe I have my real picture on here! HA HA!
I love seeing your face!

Quote:
Debby, I don't have an album on here, never got around to setting one up and like Judy, probably won't. Heck, I can't even get around to updating my profile picture and it is so old. Someday.
Gals, saw another new low this morning, 190.4. I would love to see 189 by New Year's and may but I am pretty sure 2 lbs was my loss for Nov. so this might be it for Dec. As long as the losses keep slowly coming (well, feel free to come quickly) I will be content. .
Ah, pictures are fun though! Congrats on more wt. loss! so close to another decade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Debby - I will never have an album . . . or a blog . . . I'm just not that interesting!
Ah, I loved seeing your new picture & then it was gone. Problem with the profile pictures is they're so small...
Setting up an album makes it possible to put pictures in your posts. Y'all! Oh well, its fun just seeing your pretty faces too.
I'm cleaning the deep freeze today, making room for the side of beef that I ordered. (hunting was a bust this year). So ordered grass-fed beef, no chemicals. Sounds fun hey? NOT! ... but not so bad now that I have energy!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Setting up an album makes it possible to put pictures in your posts. Y'all! Oh well, its fun just seeing your pretty faces too.
I'm cleaning the deep freeze today, making room for the side of beef that I ordered. (hunting was a bust this year). So ordered grass-fed beef, no chemicals. Sounds fun hey? NOT! ... but not so bad now that I have energy!
Yummo on the side of beef.

I didn't know that about putting pictures in your album, then being able to use them here. Hope I can remember to do that when I get of the toffee merry go round!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning Ladies!

I smell Buffy's toffee in my memories with a fondness. You are such a busy gal. Glad your sinus headache is over.

Mary Kay love seeing you back with us. Best wishes to Dh and he's tooth experience.

My exercise bike arrived late yesterday. Dh has it all together now and I'll be soon riding it. I'm hoping it will be a knee strengthener with it low impact.

Ds and Ddil are coming by sometime today. They are doing a Walmart run for me in there town and delivering. So glad for that. We are 30 mins away from one in both directions.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

ps. Debby, I have some pictures but not at my largest. I had dropped 50 pounds when the big one was taken. Enjoy.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #203
Big Yapper!!!!

Kudos to both Sharon and Debby on their new exercise equipment.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!

Just peeking in. I cannot believe I'm saying this, but Buffy I just wondered if you wouldn't have another loss. It does come in fits and starts, doesn't it? We are still weeks from Christmas. I don't know why you couldn't see 189 before then.

Mary Kay, I evidently have some kind of huge oppositional personality. As soon as someone says they are not interesting, I immediately do not believe them and think they must be QUITE interesting! So that's what I think of you.

You exercise equipment girls are doing smart things, I'm sure. I have done some vacuuming this morning before we leave town for a wedding - I am counting that as exercise! Honestly I'm close enough to my (obviously high) goal weight I am kind of interested now in looking at the Slow Burn DVDs I bought a few months ago, still fresh in their packaging! .

Carolyn may be ringing them bells - doing good deeds. We intend to come back tonight - it will be late - I particularly like the anthem we're singing tomorrow so DH is kind enough to drive late. Geesh I hope we don't hit a deer. Hope all your Saturdays are nice!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #205

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Safe travels Judy and be on guard of the deer!!

Buffy!! Wow, girl, you are rockin' it!!! All the way around the Christmas tree!

MK, I certainly don't believe you when you say you're not interesting. I've known you too long to believe that one, lol. Did you make it to church? Ours sure wasn't very crowded this morning; I was a bit surprised, but I guess a lot of peeps went last night.

DH's company party is tonight. We're going out for prime rib before we go so we won't be tempted by all those carby, cute little appetizers that we're sure will be served. I feel a lot better today, but am bothered by a dry, tickly cough. Ugh!

Please remember my youngest DGD14 in your prayers. We're waiting on the results of some blood work she just had done. This is the same one who went through the surgery this summer and she's never totally recuperated like she should've.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Safe travels Judy and be on guard of the deer!!

Buffy!! Wow, girl, you are rockin' it!!! All the way around the Christmas tree!

MK, I certainly don't believe you when you say you're not interesting. I've known you too long to believe that one, lol. Did you make it to church? Ours sure wasn't very crowded this morning; I was a bit surprised, but I guess a lot of peeps went last night.

DH's company party is tonight. We're going out for prime rib before we go so we won't be tempted by all those carby, cute little appetizers that we're sure will be served. I feel a lot better today, but am bothered by a dry, tickly cough. Ugh!

Please remember my youngest DGD14 in your prayers. We're waiting on the results of some blood work she just had done. This is the same one who went through the surgery this summer and she's never totally recuperated like she should've.
Oh dear.
In my prayers.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, so sorry to hear your DGD is still having problems, will certainly be thinking of her and wishing her well.

Oh yes, I remember now that you mention it what our Carolyn is doing today.

None of you have mentioned much about Christmas shopping, decorating, etc. Or, are you like me and don't do much of that these days? I really wish I still had the enjoyment of the holidays that I had when I was younger but sadly, I just don't. I hate feeling this way and it kind of depresses me, but I find that many older folks feel the same way I do. I guess it is just the way life is, and we enjoy watching our younger ones enjoy it with their little ones. I really wish it were just the one or two weeks of holidays that we used to have when I was really young. Nobody did too much, or at least people that I knew, except put up a tree and maybe a wreath on the door, make some nice cookies, do a little gift giving and enjoy time together with family and friends. It is toooooo huge now and nobody seems to enjoy it too much, they are all so stressed. When I got to the point where I wasn't enjoying all that, I just quit doing a lot of it, little by little each year that now, I feel like Mr. Grinch!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
My exercise bike arrived late yesterday. Dh has it all together now and I'll be soon riding it. I'm hoping it will be a knee strengthener with it low impact. Have a nice weekend everyone.
ps. Debby, I have some pictures but not at my largest. I had dropped 50 pounds when the big one was taken. Enjoy.
Great on the bike! Hope it helps the knees. I can't find your album. Must be for friends only. Maybe we should be friends? I opened mine to public, or couldn't post my Shelby pics in thread.

Quote:
God bless her!

Quote:
Yummo on the side of beef.

I didn't know that about putting pictures in your album, then being able to use them here. Hope I can remember to do that when I get off the toffee merry go round!
Yes! When the Toffee-merry-go-round stops, I'll help if you have trouble. Would be fun!

My freezer job went really fast! Found a few things I'd forgotten, which is always nice. This old deep-freeze has been the best freezer. Doesn't wreck things that are in there too long. Bought used for $50 back in 1985!

I seem to be finding areas to "spring-clean" & organize every day... just a little & it feels SO GOOD!!

Next project (besides exercise) is to work on my costume for tomorrow, make sure its all gonna fit. Can't remember! Best not to have any surprises tomorrow.

Judy hope you have a blast at the wedding & safe travels!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Appliances used to be made to last for years!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep Buffy!

Well, I just had a bunch of fun... got my get-up together. Have to take move some buttons on the wrap around... smaller! Also had to make new holes for belt, didn't realize it was so big... rigged the extra holding loop out of a twist-tie.

While looking for head-bands I found a bunch of my 60's dresses... tried them on, & they fit! Gramsy in mini! LOL! Don't have the nerve to wear them to church, will stick to the suede suit (with bell-bottoms). Weird thing, those & tomorrow's outfit are brown! I never wear brown... funny.