Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Gals, you might remember back a couple, three months ago as I was stressed over trying to collect on a past due, very large bill for a job we did this past summer. Well, they had given us 2 payments, the first bounced the first attempt to cash it, then it was good and we finally got another. Have been ignored since then but not because we haven't called, called, more calls and DH going to the job site 2-3 times. Finally today, we got 1/2 of the approximately $14,000 they still owed us with the promise of the remainder by the end of the year. Whew, it has been worth keeping after them but very very frustrating.!
I am actually surprised but SOOOO happy for you!!

It seems to me people who will stiff you find it easier to do as time goes on.
I imagine your persistence is what has gotten their attention.
Honestly, congratulations and I may learn from this!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #122
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I do need something for bathroom issues, I am having a problem going more than twice a week now. Perhaps I should pick up some of the oxide form just for that, would be better than taking a laxative, I don't want to get into that habit.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
I do need something for bathroom issues, I am having a problem going more than twice a week now. Perhaps I should pick up some of the oxide form just for that, would be better than taking a laxative, I don't want to get into that habit.
I read an interesting article this week on "squatting"
google: for-best-toilet-health-squat-or-sit
I have put my foot-stool in the bathroom & just put it in front & it is amazing what a difference that has made...
Magnesium is also my friend... I take first thing in the am.
Hope you find relief! I know how miserable it can be...
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I read an interesting article this week on "squatting"
google: for-best-toilet-health-squat-or-sit
I have put my foot-stool in the bathroom & just put it in front & it is amazing what a difference that has made...
Magnesium is also my friend... I take first thing in the am.
Hope you find relief! I know how miserable it can be...
I saw that squatting article and now I can't remember where.

YES - pick up the oxide form just for bathroom issues!!

It is definitely miserable - if it's happening to me it's all I can think about.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, the orders for Toffee this year are coming in, mostly from people who bought last year. Hope it keeps on growing like this, but, wait, not too big but last year I gave away a lot of toffee so that people could try it, some bought but many of course did not. Nice to have a lot of repeat customers this year.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope you feel well enough to do all the work involved.
But yes, repeat orders are definitely a wonderful compliment!!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

I feel better today as the day wears on, maybe the shot just needed a little more time.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #128
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I hate bathroom issues.. Magnesium is my friend, too..I take mine at night before bed as it relaxes me.

No Atkins meals at my Wallie..Bartlesville has a bigger Wallie, so they might have it there..Wish we could see it on-line so they would tell us where it can be found.

LOL...I read the squatting article, too..I really don't want to order a special toilet, though.

Oh, Buffy, you Toffee Queen, you..Glad your numbers are up and glad you feel better.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #129

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Babysitting again today. He went to the Dr and has double ear infection now. Poor baby.
I take mag oxide at night. It keeps me very regular. I've had a problem with that my whole life. I take the other type mag in the a.m. and I take my armour 2x a day, a.m. & p.m. all is well with me taking it like that.
Another party tonight. More temptations, lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, hope you can get the rest you need, between being an old Grandma and partying like a Rock Star
Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #131
Big Yapper!!!!

No atkins meals at my little neighborhood Walmart grocery either. Didn't go to the big one.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #132

Oh, no..double ear infections is horrible in little babies..Hopefully, the antibiotics will kick in.

Buffy: Glad you got some of the $$$ back..
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sounds good! What was your TSH & how much are you to take now? I know you were on quite low... I'm taking 75 mg & 90 mg (alternating between those every other day). Think that's going to be the right amount, though there's probably a better way to even it out.

Thanks, for the congrats... early Christmas present!
Nature-Thyroid 1.65 mg. Wow. Compared to your dose it's nothing. I do think she'll keep monitoring until we get it right. I tried to find Carolyn's post saying how much she took and it seemed like Sandy said something, too. Will keep looking!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Judy: Yeah...getting your thyroid optimized is best for everything in your body..I take 180 of the Natur=thoids..1 1/2 pills of 60 each. I just take it all in the a.m...
180 mg?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #135

Yup..1.5 grains, whatever that is..
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yup..1.5 grains, whatever that is..
OK wait. That "1" was part of the name of the thing.
It's 65mg.

Edited to add: That's double the dose I was taking last month.

Last edited by JMCM1; 12-05-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Nature-Thyroid 1 - 65 mg. Wow. Compared to your dose it's nothing. I do think she'll keep monitoring until we get it right. I tried to find Carolyn's post saying how much she took and it seemed like Sandy said something, too. Will keep looking!!
TSH was 1.811 (not low enough for her liking)
FT3 2.7 (still too low, I think)
T4 6.1
That's good! I bet you're start feeling better in the next couple days. Mine always take 2-3 days to kick in to a change. I bet you'll be "close" to that. I like your TSH # too! you're close, by that one! But I don't really know the others, as my dr's aren't so "hip" to use them.

About taking them... if its Nature-thyroid (from Canada) it is recommended that it dissolve under your tongue for best results. I take it at my midnight bathroom run (or thereabouts). I don't drink any water with it either. Probably best to follow your Dr's advice. Seems to be very informed.

Carolyn, No need to buy a new toilet... or build special lift, I just put a small foot-stool in bathroom, using that, it really helps.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #138
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Try Miralax. Not a laxative, it draws water into the intestine much better than stool softener. It is not habit forming.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #139

Quote:
Sandy, hope you can get the rest you need, between being an old Grandma and partying like a Rock Star
It's a hard job but I'm giving it my all, .

No call YET for baby duty so I might have a free day to try to get caught up. And now I think I'm catching something from who knows who???? My throat and chest feel "hot" if that makes sense. Ugh!!! I'm going to keep downing Vit C and maybe take an extra 2000 mg of vit D today too to try to ward it off.

My scale showed a small jump this a.m. from my partying last night but still within my window. I'll try to be super vigilant today and tomorrow before I hit the next party Saturday. DH said we'll eat before we go to that one as all they usually serve are a lot of heavily carb laden appetizer things. It's his company party so it's more a "duty" party than a fun party. So it also won't be a late night party either. Last year I had just hurt my knee and could hardly walk so I just sat at a table like a bump on a log.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #140

Judy, I take 180mg of armour a day two. Split, a.m. and p.m.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Judy, I take 180mg of armour a day two. Split, a.m. and p.m.
Good morning all!

Hey Sally,
How do you take armour in pm? What time? Do you have to avoid eating (especially calcium foods)? Did your Dr. instruct you to split it up? Just curious if that's what I should do. Maybe it would save me from having to alternate doses every other day. 2.5 doesn't seem enough, & 3 seems too much...
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #142
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Try Miralax. Not a laxative, it draws water into the intestine much better than stool softener. It is not habit forming.
Good Cindy, my Dr. had me get that, I didn't realize though that it wasn't a laxative. I won't worry so about using it.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #143
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone!
Today is nail and pedicure day, cancelled my last appt. so it is badly needed. Have a couple of toffee orders to deliver. Have to get things finished up by tomorrow night as I have Ava (2) on Sat. and over night and then Boby (4) on Sunday and over night so I know I won't get anything done this weekend except enjoy them.

I haven't sat down yet to make up a list of needed gifts to be sure what I still need to buy and what I already have. It is pretty simple anymore, we just buy for the grandkids and not all the kids and spouses but their are 12 grandkids. Thank heavens we started out just getting 1 gift per child, now that there are 12. DH has 6, we don't see most of them often but always remember them at Christmas and birthdays.

My weight seems to be kind of stuck in the 192 range, has been there since Thanksgiving. I know that seems to happen to most people on this WOE but it does get a little discouraging. I am ready to see it go to 191.8 at least. Have to keep reminding myself of all the other benefits like the low BS, etc.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning everyone!
Today is nail and pedicure day, cancelled my last appt. so it is badly needed. Have a couple of toffee orders to deliver. Have to get things finished up by tomorrow night as I have Ava (2) on Sat. and over night and then Boby (4) on Sunday and over night so I know I won't get anything done this weekend except enjoy them.

I haven't sat down yet to make up a list of needed gifts to be sure what I still need to buy and what I already have. It is pretty simple anymore, we just buy for the grandkids and not all the kids and spouses but their are 12 grandkids. Thank heavens we started out just getting 1 gift per child, now that there are 12. DH has 6, we don't see most of them often but always remember them at Christmas and birthdays.

My weight seems to be kind of stuck in the 192 range, has been there since Thanksgiving. I know that seems to happen to most people on this WOE but it does get a little discouraging. I am ready to see it go to 191.8 at least. Have to keep reminding myself of all the other benefits like the low BS, etc.
And not being hungry, and not feeling "bad" about the "bad" things we eat and lower blood pressure, and loose clothing...

I haven't lost in several weeks, but I think I'm having to wait until my thyroid is optimized and I have NO idea whether BHRT will help me lose, but that's happening, too.

This is surely the first Christmas of my adult life I haven't been planning all the "bad" foods I can stuff into my face, then feel like I tripped myself up. I feel like we can have nearly anything we want if we want it bad enough, we can make it!

Susie Gibbs (fluffychix website), pooticus on LCF posted an egg nog recipe.

I used to enjoy ONE glass of egg nog at Christmas, knowing it was full of fat and sugar. She said this was an "easy" recipe. I don't know if I'm going to make it, but I'm just glad to HAVE it.

Now if I'm at goal next Christmas, I am driving down to Texas and I will eat toffee, but it won't cross the Red River....

By the way, your grandkids have the cutest names, Buffy!

Sandy I sure hope you can ward off whatever is trying to infect you! Sheesh!

Cindy thank you for the Miralax statement - my dh will be glad I read these things!

Last edited by JMCM1; 12-06-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Judy, we tend to forget all the good benefits we are having beside weight loss, especially after doing this for a while. The honeymoon period of it all being new and fun is over, now just the boring day in, day out stuff and wanting to see the scale move again. Also, my desire to make a lot of the recipes has also waned, I am so not hungry that I am kind of just getting up and thinking, well, what meat shall I eat today to meet my minimum protein, can't say as I want anything else. Now, thank goodness, I have that feeling of not wanting anything else, I have to say that all the Christmas goodies we see, hear or talk about, see in the papers, on the tv, hardly beckon me at all. Never ever thought I would have this small of an appetite. I am getting enough calories in though, between the meats and the fats the calories add up so quickly, so at least I know I am hitting that goal and this week, back to logging I am hitting my protein goal each day.

Just having a "wahhh, wish I could lose another lb" day. Funny too, all it will take is for my scale to slip below 192, just into 191 and I will get all excited and happy again. It doesn't take much, just want to know it is still working. Which of course it is, my BK and BG show that. I am just blabbering on here.

Better get busy. Can't wait for you to hit goal Judy and come eat toffee, I don't mean to brag but if my friends and customers are right, it is AMAZING!!! LOL. Thank heaven I have had that for so many years now that I can pretty much leave it alone. I do nibble a teeny piece of each batch, quality control issues you know!!! It isn't even enough to raise BG or lower BK so I know or at least I think that can't be hindering my losses.

Last edited by Buffy45; 12-06-2012 at 08:15 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Judy, we tend to forget all the good benefits we are having beside weight loss, especially after doing this for a while. The honeymoon period of it all being new and fun is over, now just the boring day in, day out stuff and wanting to see the scale move again. Also, my desire to make a lot of the recipes has also waned, I am so not hungry that I am kind of just getting up and thinking, well, what meat shall I eat today to meet my minimum protein, can't say as I want anything else. Now, thank goodness, I have that feeling of not wanting anything else, I have to say that all the Christmas goodies we see, hear or talk about, see in the papers, on the tv, hardly beckon me at all. Never ever thought I would have this small of an appetite. I am getting enough calories in though, between the meats and the fats the calories add up so quickly, so at least I know I am hitting that goal and this week, back to logging I am hitting my protein goal each day.

Just having a "wahhh, wish I could lose another lb" day. Funny too, all it will take is for my scale to slip below 192, just into 191 and I will get all excited and happy again. It doesn't take much, just want to know it is still working. Which of course it is, my BK and BG show that. I am just blabbering on here.

Better get busy. Can't wait for you to hit goal Judy and come eat toffee, I don't mean to brag but if my friends and customers are right, it is AMAZING!!! LOL. Thank heaven I have had that for so many years now that I can pretty much leave it alone. I do nibble a teeny piece of each batch, quality control issues you know!!! It isn't even enough to raise BG or lower BK so I know or at least I think that can't be hindering my losses.
Buffy you've had so many bad days lately you DESERVE to lose several pounds before Christmas, for heaven's sake!!
I bet you will lose more this month.

Hey - Dr. Jonny Bowden will be on the Dr. Oz show Tuesday Dec 11 discussing his new book "The Great Cholesterol Myth".

Sandy will you let me know if you try that waffle recipe from the other thread? I would need to add lots of spices, I think.

And that reminds me - I think I'm going to make Ouizoid's little cake today for fun. That is the neatest little cake.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh thanks, I have been whiney lately. Stupid sinus and allergies!!! Just need to see the next number down to tell me all is still working, that's all I need.

thanks for the heads up on Dr. OZ, I need to set that to tape.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #148

Quote:
Good morning all!

Hey Sally,
How do you take armour in pm? What time? Do you have to avoid eating (especially calcium foods)? Did your Dr. instruct you to split it up? Just curious if that's what I should do. Maybe it would save me from having to alternate doses every other day. 2.5 doesn't seem enough, & 3 seems too much...
I just take it with my nighttime pills and supplements. I don't especially avoid anything. I take the morning one right when I wake up. I don't wait 20 min before my coffee. And yes, my scrip reads take one twice a day. I have no complaints.
Sandy
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #149

Hi gals..

Lots of fun chatter this a.m...

Judy..Duh, I meant 3 grains..I have a 2 grain Natur-throid and then split one daily.

Debby: I used to take synthroid under my tongue so I could eat right away, but didn't know you could do Natur-throid that way.. Thanks.

Buffy: Yup, this is sooo common..We lose, then stall..It will come off, but probably more slowly cuz you are a littler person than you were before..And littler peeps can't eat as much...

Made that Low Carb Breakfast Lasagne for a ladies' meeting..Wowza..It was great..and I have enough left for the rest of the week, including dinner tonight with a salad..I used red and green peppers instead of the red onion..

Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi gals..

Lots of fun chatter this a.m...

Judy..Duh, I meant 3 grains..I have a 2 grain Natur-throid and then split one daily.

Debby: I used to take synthroid under my tongue so I could eat right away, but didn't know you could do Natur-throid that way.. Thanks.

Buffy: Yup, this is sooo common..We lose, then stall..It will come off, but probably more slowly cuz you are a littler person than you were before..And littler peeps can't eat as much...

Made that Low Carb Breakfast Lasagne for a ladies' meeting..Wowza..It was great..and I have enough left for the rest of the week, including dinner tonight with a salad..I used red and green peppers instead of the red onion..
Oh I can't believe you're talking about that Breakfast Lasagne!
My mother was worried she wouldn't be able to cook all the yummy (poor nutrition) things she usually has for Christmas morning. I offered this recipe and my sister and she are very excited. I'm going to send your "review" so they can be further encouraged! Thanks!