Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 208/202/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: Nov 2012
Great forums!

It's so great to see current, up to date LC forums!!
New to LCF today, started wheat-free mid october, and LC the day after Thanksgiving. I am doing Keto, and having about 10 carbs a day.

I have been using an amazing selection of foods. I even went to KFC today and only had 4 carbs! (grilled chicken and their green beans, no biscuit, and unsweetened tea). Tasty still, but I miss the crunch!

Down about 6 lbs since Nov 18th.

I am going to do the unthinkable and actually lose weight in december
CuttingOutCarbage is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttingOutCarbage View Post

Down about 6 lbs since Nov 18th.

I am going to do the unthinkable and actually lose weight in december
Cutting!

What a great loss in such a short time - it's thrilling, isn't it?

I am sure you can lose weight in December. This is a great way of eating!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
My original weight loss was 150#. But now I'm trying to loss what I gained. I don't think I'll be lucky in the shrinking department. But at my age shorts are a thing of the past anyway, .
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Got the shot. thanks for all the cheering on getting it Found out my Dr. had moved his office, it is about the same distance from me but over in an area where I shop and run errands so will be handy. Very nice new office with lots more space and he is sharing it with another Dr. who has just as much space. Happy for him, he is a very nice person. And his staff is like family. The receptionist reminded me that I brought them Toffee last year and commented that I had lost weight. I told her I was making it right now and would bring some and she scolded me about tasting,

Yes, I am up still, the bad thing about steroid shots is you usually can't sleep the first night, but I am going to go to bed soon and try. Feel so much better, still a little headache but I was around a couple of smokers at a holiday event tonight and I think that triggered it to come back a little. Haven't taken a tylenol though so it isn't too bad. I don't have to do anything in the morning so once I get to sleep I can sleep in.

You gals have had some interesting chatting going on. I will try the pudding Cindy, have a lb of those teeny itsy bitsy seeds I need to do something with. My first attempt went in the trash.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, taped Dr. Oz so will watch it tomorrow
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #96
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I watched Oz last night. I feel like he was pretty fair to Dr. Davis. I'm glad he had him as a guest. At least the word will be spread a little more.

Buffy, glad you're feeling better. Get some rest!

Woke up at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. It's going to be a looooonnnnnngggggg day!!! I'm icing my back as I type right now.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #97
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, Buffy, steroid jitters are the worst! Take some Benadryl tonight.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy and Sandy please feel better!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Finally got to sleep and slept until 10:00 and feel pretty good but still some headache, which surprised me. Will keep taking zrytec in the AM and benadryl at night I guess. DD is trying to get in to see the Dr. for same symptoms, so many leaves and dust and wind here. Too warm as well.

Sandy, wow, I feel for you on the babysitting duties today with not feeling the best. They wear me out anymore on a good day, let alone when I don't feel well. I wish I had more energy with them, they are so sweet and fun.

Will watch Dr. Oz tonight when I go to bed. Have toffee to make today for delivery tomorrow. Darn weather, it was so warm when I made my last several batches, all in one day that it was warm and humid and I didn't have the AC on. They turned sticky so I can't sell them, they taste ok but aren't perfect so friends and family will get that for free. I had never had that problem before and 7 1/2 lbs were ruined by it. The AC is running today at 68, you betcha.

Put a small piece of brisket in a slow oven before I went to bed this morning so will have that ready for dinner tonight and have a band concert to go to for Grant at 7:30. That won't last long, will be back home by 9:00 and hopefully can get a really good normal nights rest tonight. Sure have been enjoying my homemade chicken broth while I haven't felt the best.

Wow Sharon, good for you on your weight loss and I totally am with you on the shorts, wear them some at home but not in public. My legs just look OLD, not loose skin. Too much sun when I was younger and I used to jog, had great legs but when you do exercise like that, and then stop
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, how was the pudding with the protein powder? Also, did it get very very thick after sitting? I made some once, and it was almost like wet cement when it sat in fridge, so I might make yours with 1 1/2 T chia seeds.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #101
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Cindy, how was the pudding with the protein powder? Also, did it get very very thick after sitting? I made some once, and it was almost like wet cement when it sat in fridge, so I might make yours with 1 1/2 T chia seeds.
It is soft set. I am going to try it with powdered chia to see if that fixes it.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #102
Big Yapper!!!!

Did you like the chia pudding with the protein powder better or not as well without?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Afternoon ladies.

Dh uncovered our propane grill and cleaned it all up to rotisserie a couple chickens. It's going to be a nice dinner tonight, .

Buffy sorry about your taffy I can see why you were a bit miffed about it turning out sticky.

I ordered a Healthcycle from Costco this morning. I think it will be just the ticket to help my authorities in my knee. Dr. thought that a bike would be great for the knee to keep moving under low impact. So now I'll be sitting with my earphones listening to an audiobook while getting some time in. I can hardly wait for it to arrive and I just ordered it. We did go over to the walk trail at our park so did get some movement. Now I'll be resting for the rest of the day.

Have a great rest of your day.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #104

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Survived the cookie exchange and I bagged all the cookies up and put them in the freezer for Christmas Day..Not a ton of them, so that is good..We had a fun luncheon and I have some smoked turkey left for tonight.

My LC weight loss doctor said that to lose weight after menopause, it is very hard work.
Can I hear an "Amen?" We have to be perfect on our plan..and I'm not perfect all the time, believe me.

Buffy: Oh dear..Sticky toffee would still taste wonderful..but....Crank the old AC down, I guess...

Better go do my Wii Fit as I did have some macaroni salad at lunch..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a DF coming over after she gets off work to pick up some of the "factory reject" toffee . She has 2 boys still at home, a teen and one in early twenties, they will go through it in no time. Going to give the rest of it to neighbor across the street, he likes it a lot and doesn't ever order any so I can palm this off on him. Yes, it does still taste great, but since I sell it, I won't sell inferior toffee to anyone. I get a good price for it, don't want to mess that up.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #106
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Did you like the chia pudding with the protein powder better or not as well without?
You know , like anything, there is a trade off but there aren't any decent protein puddings out there and this is better by far than anything commercially available.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

That's true Cindy and somedays I do have trouble getting my protein high enough, this would be an option. And, it does have chocolate in it.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #108
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
That's true Cindy and somedays I do have trouble getting my protein high enough, this would be an option. And, it does have chocolate in it.
It is VERY chocolatey!!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Glad you're feeling better. I'm feeling good myself. Had a great day at work too.

The Flex-Force came. It was a bit of a job assembling it, but dh did. I ran out of time to exercise, but did one page of exercises. Still have to read up & get familiar with it. But I think its going to be good.

Have a good evening!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Have a DF coming over after she gets off work to pick up some of the "factory reject" toffee . She has 2 boys still at home, a teen and one in early twenties, they will go through it in no time. Going to give the rest of it to neighbor across the street, he likes it a lot and doesn't ever order any so I can palm this off on him. Yes, it does still taste great, but since I sell it, I won't sell inferior toffee to anyone. I get a good price for it, don't want to mess that up.
SO WISHING I was nearer you. Would be happy to give up an afternoon of glorious toffee-eating in exchange for ketosis.....

Making chia pudding soon.... probably won't use protein powder in the first batch.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH! Thyroid peeps!
I saw my new doctor (again) $$$$. My updated thyroid tests do not impress her (TSH not low enough and FT3, FT4 not high enough), so she is upping my natural thyroid and upping my BHRT so I won't feel crazy.

Tra la la! Good doctor! I will see her again in a month.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Glad you're feeling better. I'm feeling good myself. Had a great day at work too.

The Flex-Force came. It was a bit of a job assembling it, but dh did. I ran out of time to exercise, but did one page of exercises. Still have to read up & get familiar with it. But I think its going to be good.

Have a good evening!
Congrats on your new toy!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
OH! Thyroid peeps!
I saw my new doctor (again) $$$$. My updated thyroid tests do not impress her (TSH not low enough and FT3, FT4 not high enough), so she is upping my natural thyroid and upping my BHRT so I won't feel crazy.

Tra la la! Good doctor! I will see her again in a month.
Sounds good! What was your TSH & how much are you to take now? I know you were on quite low... I'm taking 75 mg & 90 mg (alternating between those every other day). Think that's going to be the right amount, though there's probably a better way to even it out.

Thanks, for the congrats... early Christmas present!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #114

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh...I wonder if there is LC toffee..I guess the closest thing would be SF turtles..or a heath bar type of thing.

Time to be perfect on my diet..I had 2 real cookies yesterday..One pound up..and I even exercised in the p.m....

Judy: Yeah...getting your thyroid optimized is best for everything in your body..I take 180 of the Natur=thoids..1 1/2 pills of 60 each. I just take it all in the a.m...

Oh..a new exercise toy, Debby..Hope you have fun with it and don't overdo..

Off to exercise, then read, then Wallie trip. I'm making that Low Carb Breakfast Lasagne I posted for a meeting tomorrow morning..

PS...Some peeps on the Main Lobby have seen frozen Atkins meal at their Wallies...I will have to remember to look today.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to see how much more Natural Thyroid she prescribed. I left it at the compounding pharmacy yesterday and it's not ready yet.

TSH was 1.811 (not low enough for her liking)
FT3 2.7 (still too low, I think)
T4 6.1

And my iron came back up to normal and NO BUFFY I didn't cheat!
I have a feeling I drank a lot of water before the first blood test, so they could easily get a vein. That can drop your iron.

I didn't drink a lot of water before this last test.

Carolyn that is VERY interesting that Atkins might have some frozen meals. There simply are some days that would be a great way to go (depending upon the ingredients). If my dh and I have to start traveling again it would be fantastic.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #116
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all.
Woke up feeling some better but disappointed that I still have a sinus headache, not nearly so bad though. Will call the Dr. tomorrow if it continues. DD had sinus infection so they gave her 2 steroid shots and antibiotics, I might need more to fight this off.
Went to DGS's band concert last night, amazed at how good an 8th grade band is, they have a good teacher. DGS won both district and regional tryouts so Friday night has another concert with them. So proud of my boy.

Yes Carolyn, please report back if you find the frozen meals.

Good job Judy on not trying to "throw" your results, LOL.

My Dr. believes that thyroid meds should be taken first thing in the AM, 20 minutes before you eat or drink anything else, with a full glass of water. Someone else posted that their pharmacist brother insists it is best to take a night. I have done both, can't say as I saw any difference.

More toffee work today. Have most of my factory rejects passed out . AC cranked down to 68 so here's hoping I don't have any more failures.

Had a couple of leg cramps last night, so better get some salty broth in today, I have some made up, been freezing some each time I cook chicken and boy is it good.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I decided to spring for the expensive magnesium. It's KAL brand Magnesium Glycinate 400. I may have decided on that after reading/hearing the Jimmy Moore podcast with the magnesium expert.

It says to take two/day, so of course I take 3. One in the morning with a meal and calcium, and two at night with meal and calcium (and all the other supplements I take with each meal). This does not have any bathroom consequences or help if you need that. But I have no more leg cramps.

My bone density scan came out pretty well. I am dodging the bullet for osteopenia (sp?). I'm just out of range. I think BHRT will help that, too. She told me to continue my 5000/day vitamin D and continue the calcium citrate I have taken for years.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #118
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, report any differences you might have on the magnesium. I ended up buying the company brand of where I order my supplements from, they are usually cheaper and I have been happy with the quality.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

Gals, you might remember back a couple, three months ago as I was stressed over trying to collect on a past due, very large bill for a job we did this past summer. Well, they had given us 2 payments, the first bounced the first attempt to cash it, then it was good and we finally got another. Have been ignored since then but not because we haven't called, called, more calls and DH going to the job site 2-3 times. Finally today, we got 1/2 of the approximately $14,000 they still owed us with the promise of the remainder by the end of the year. Whew, it has been worth keeping after them but very very frustrating.!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lack of leg cramps.

I was really having them even when taking quite a bit of magnesium oxide and eating avocados every day.

I have pawned those off on my dh who needs them for bathroom issues. I think you might want to keep the oxide version for that issue, maybe?