Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Yes, God is such an awesome artist, isn't He?

Carolyn, this is actually the first winter that I've enjoyed going out in the snow. Now that my thyroid/adrenals are regulated, I can stand the cold. But I always enjoy the beauty. Can't help that!
I know how you feel, waiting for that call. DH must be camping tonight, as his friend sent a text, but no phone # for me to call.
I'd really like to talk to him. Just heard that one of the guys that works with him broke his back in a snowmobile accident & is having surgery right now. Really needs prayer.

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #632
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
MK: There were no courtesy hotel phones, at least we couldn't find one so I had to dig around for the number. It is best to have it out.

Debby, praying for this poor man.

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-30-2012 at 08:57 PM..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh boy such beautiful pictures today. Love to see that snow! Debby your office space now is really nice. I bet your glad to have your work place back. Cindy love your pic in front of Mayan statue.

Sandy it sounds like your Dad is doing well. Grumpy is a good thing.

Mary Kay what a great experience for your son. He'll surprise you on just how well he will handle himself in the traveling.

Here it is Monday coming up. Time is just a flyin'. See you in the morning.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
WOWEE Debby - Buffy is right- you could sell cards with that view!
Since I live in Oklahoma where....when we have snow it melts shortly.... I love snow.
It changes everything.

MK/Cindy/ I do think we had someone visiting us who was from Belize. Blue somebody? I think she was more of a workout person and found other threads, maybe? Not sure.

MK do you all skype? It can be a pain and also a blessing, but it sure is free... and easy... if he has internet. I love what Sandy said - if he gets through that gauntlet of travel, he deserves an A+! I agree. I will say, I have traveled much in my life - lots before I married DH and it is a lot of work.

Good heavens Cindy - you are a model! So pretty.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:03 PM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yes, God is such an awesome artist, isn't He?

Carolyn, this is actually the first winter that I've enjoyed going out in the snow. Now that my thyroid/adrenals are regulated, I can stand the cold. But I always enjoy the beauty. Can't help that!
I know how you feel, waiting for that call. DH must be camping tonight, as his friend sent a text, but no phone # for me to call.
I'd really like to talk to him. Just heard that one of the guys that works with him broke his back in a snowmobile accident & is having surgery right now. Really needs prayer.
Oh dear, I missed this page before replying, I'm sorry.

Definitely praying for this guy that broke his back. So sorry.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #636

Cindy is a model for sure..

Snowing here....Is anyone else getting any snow now?

Just a piddling around day for me. No big NYE plans..Although we might go see The Hobbit..(Lord, protect me from the popcorn even though they put too much salt on it..Amen)

Still at 150..Goal for 2013 is to get into the 140's. I've had several body parts removed, which helped a little, but I think I need all the rest of them to survive..LOL..

Debby: Have you heard about the injured man?

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-31-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Old 12-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #637

Hey....Let's put in some Weight Goals for 2013..Some may be to stay the same, which is a good thing, too..

Me, as I said above, get to 145 or below...
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #638
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn I like your goal so much I'll echo it.
145 or below. And I hope to get my thyroid optimized and my hormones shored-up!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #639

Yup, Judy, getting all our hormones/adrenals/thyroid hormones balanced is important.

I think I'm pretty balanced (that way anyway..LOL)..
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #640
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning ladies! Well I stayed the same this month. Will keep up the fight! LOL

Wishing you a great New year full of good experiences and grandest success.
Hope you enjoy every moment of the new year to come.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #641
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning! Rainy cloudy day here, I woke up at 7:00, heard the rain and rolled right back over. Delicious sleep! Maybe that is the secret to me finally being able to lose weight, I do sleep a lot better than I used to.

MK, does DS have a smart phone? What I like to do before a trip is gather all my info together and make a note in notes listing in order, the name of each thing, ie hotel, transportation, etc. and the phone number. Or, you can save them as contacts but if you put them in a note, then you have them all together on your phone, or of course you could do it the old-fashioned way on a piece of paper. Really cuts the stress and usually you can find all those numbers on the internet or by calling the hotel ahead, etc. And, like Carolyn said, they are always people in airports that can help direct you. Just beware of the ones who say things like, well, the ground transportation is right outside the "north" doors, which may or may not be "north" to you and may not be marked north. Or the ones who say, oh, over by the starbucks, but you haven't ever been there before and have no idea where the starbucks is I have never regretted spending time before a trip pulling together phone number or getting as prepared to travel. Make sure he has lots of small bills on him as well for tips, etc. Ask for wakeup calls and set your own alarm. And of course, don't talk to strangers
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #642
Big Yapper!!!!

We don't have any plans for this evening. Used to be a big deal, not so much these days and who wants to be on the roads tonight? I even worry if I know any of my family is out.

We finally got Traders Joe's in the Dallas area, it is a ways from me but I might get over there this afternoon, need to find the threads on here where people list their favorites from there.

Weight down 2/10's of a lb more this morning, really only b/c I slept late but you know I grab on to any new lower number I see and claim it

I have been thinking a lot the last couple of days of what I might set my weight goal to. I really don't know. I am just now getting into size 14 pants and have ordered some jeans in size 14, just want to keep one pair but ordered 3 b/c you have to try them on. Thinking of just making size 12 my goal, no matter what weight that is. I have noticed that my skin is really wrinkly as I am losing weight and it is very ugly. Now, I can either dress in things head to toe and get lower in weight, and that can be pretty uncomfortable in Texas, or, keep the weight a little higher and fill out the skin better. Had thought once of 175 but that is not that far away. Guess it will just have to be a wait and see kind of thing. 140 used to be great for me but that was a long time ago. I think too low for me these days.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I have been thinking a lot the last couple of days of what I might set my weight goal to. I really don't know. I am just now getting into size 14 pants and have ordered some jeans in size 14, just want to keep one pair but ordered 3 b/c you have to try them on. Thinking of just making size 12 my goal, no matter what weight that is. I have noticed that my skin is really wrinkly as I am losing weight and it is very ugly. Now, I can either dress in things head to toe and get lower in weight, and that can be pretty uncomfortable in Texas, or, keep the weight a little higher and fill out the skin better. Had thought once of 175 but that is not that far away. Guess it will just have to be a wait and see kind of thing. 140 used to be great for me but that was a long time ago. I think too low for me these days.
My sister and I stand next to each other and show each other our wrinkly loose skin. Incredible, isn't it?

I think lots of doctors would be happier with me at 5'4" well below 140, but I don't think I could maintain that. I am shooting toward something that will keep me as not overweight, and something I can still maintain through the years. So 145, 144.... that fulfills those requirements.

I will look OK and I won't cringe when I see myself in pictures (as long as the wrinkly skin is covered up! ).
Old 12-31-2012, 12:13 PM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

Maybe a better way of deciding on a goal weight is when I see a picture of myself and think, I look ok and not look at a picture and think, Wow, I didn't realize i looked that big which is what has happened for a number of years now. I don't know if it was because I was thin all of my younger life or what, but I have had that reverse type of thinking I never look as big to myself in the mirror as I looked in pictures.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #645
Big Yapper!!!!

And if I can NEVER hear these words again
"But you are just a big woman", OMG I hate those words!!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
And if I can NEVER hear these words again
"But you are just a big woman", OMG I hate those words!!!!
OH I KNOW!

Pullllease....
Old 12-31-2012, 12:56 PM   #647

Funny story...One time when I was on Lean for Life, I got down to 128..I was meeting my Des Moines friends and they hadn't seen me in a while and I think I scared them because my face was too skinny..LOL..

We don't want skinny faces cuz that means wrinkles..So, it is a balance..

I think we might see The Hobbit tonight. I know dh will probably sleep through it, but it is a night out and the snow has stopped..I'm making some beef soup in the crockpot.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #648
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, my Debbie, that is so pretty!! Where do you live?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #649

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
My goal for the new year is to be in my same window weight wise when the next New Year's rolls around. If I'm 5# lighter, I'll take that too, but I'll be happy staying the same for the year. Even that is a daily struggle.

We're staying in tonight too. It's still snowing but nothing is really sticking. We're having shrimp and will probably be in bed early. I've been sleeping about 9-10 hours per night since I got Dad out of the hospital. I guess I needed it!

Debby, beautiful picture. I don't think I could live that isolated though. But I'd like to vacation in a place like that. Prayers for the man with the broken back. So sad.

Cindy is beautiful like a model. And has a beautiful personality as well. I love that picture!!

I have no desire to see The Hobbit. In fact, there's not much out right now that I do want to see. Oh well, saves $$.

Happy New Year to you all!!!! You are all great friends!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy I think sleep is such a blessing.
It has eluded me for so much of my life... I have noticed I've slept a little better more recently.

We always stay home, too. I worry about the drivers.
Plus, if I'm not in bed, I have 100% chance of NOT sleeping!

Happy new year to the best-est people I could ever have "met"!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Weight down 2/10's of a lb more this morning, really only b/c I slept late but you know I grab on to any new lower number I see and claim it
I'm the same way. If I sleep in, the wt. is a bit lower, that's my new "low." Sleeping in is not too common in my life though.
Talking about sizes, its so confusing these days. I used to have size 10 was my "skinny" size... but now, what used to be a size 10 is anywhere from 2-6. So, Wha-laa! We didn't even need to lose weight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
My sister and I stand next to each other and show each other our wrinkly loose skin. Incredible, isn't it?
I think lots of doctors would be happier with me at 5'4" well below 140, but I don't think I could maintain that. I am shooting toward something that will keep me as not overweight, and something I can still maintain through the years. So 145, 144.... that fulfills those requirements.
I will look OK and I won't cringe when I see myself in pictures (as long as the wrinkly skin is covered up! ).
Good thing about it though, it shrinks up over time & tightens up. Also, if you exercise & create muscle underneath it makes less loose skin.
Quote:
Maybe a better way of deciding on a goal weight is when I see a picture of myself and think, I look ok and not look at a picture and think, Wow, I didn't realize i looked that big which is what has happened for a number of years now. I don't know if it was because I was thin all of my younger life or what, but I have had that reverse type of thinking I never look as big to myself in the mirror as I looked in pictures.
How tall are you Buffy? I forget. I'm 5'4. The magic number for my joints is always 150. Anything below & I have no problem. Anything 150 or above & I have problems with my knees & hips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Funny story...One time when I was on Lean for Life, I got down to 128..I was meeting my Des Moines friends and they hadn't seen me in a while and I think I scared them because my face was too skinny..LOL..
We don't want skinny faces cuz that means wrinkles..So, it is a balance..
I think we might see The Hobbit tonight. I know dh will probably sleep through it, but it is a night out and the snow has stopped..I'm making some beef soup in the crockpot.
Scared them! LOL... You probably needed some time to shrink into it... your body re-arranges things, once you stay at the wt. for a while. I know I had quite a skinny face a few times when I lost wt. But after a month or so at that wt. & the fat actually re-disperses itself (much to my annoyance sometimes too). But anyway, you won't look bad for long, when you get down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh, my Debby, that is so pretty!! Where do you live?
Thanks Cindy,
I live in British Columbia (about half way up the province).

I'm really enjoying the "Spot Check" read-outs from dh. I can track his journey & feels like we're in touch. His friend has international texting, so he sends me the hotel # at night & we get to talk. Although, I think they might camp tonight. Should reach the Redwoods tonight. The map shows the google earth version & its amazing how clear & beautiful it is!
Old 12-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My goal for the new year is to be in my same window weight wise when the next New Year's rolls around. If I'm 5# lighter, I'll take that too, but I'll be happy staying the same for the year. Even that is a daily struggle.

We're staying in tonight too. It's still snowing but nothing is really sticking. We're having shrimp and will probably be in bed early. I've been sleeping about 9-10 hours per night since I got Dad out of the hospital. I guess I needed it!

Debby, beautiful picture. I don't think I could live that isolated though. But I'd like to vacation in a place like that. Prayers for the man with the broken back. So sad.

Thanks Sandy, I'd probably say the same thing about where you live too (pretty for a vacation, but not to live).

Happy New Year to you too! So glad you're getting a good rest now.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey everyone. Back from my trip to Trader Joes in quest of their LC bread, which our store DID NOT HAVE. They told me at the store that they didn't carry it, but, another poster from the Dallas area said she found it there a week ago . One of them is wrong and I hope it was the store people. I was so disappointed in the bread not being there.

Sandy, bet you are just worn clear out and need that sleep. I was never a good sleeper, always up roaming around at night, especially during my menopause years, those were the worst. Either sweating, freezing or roaming, and freezing was very very seldom. Horribly hot most of the time, come to find out later, part of that was meno and part was the onset of the diabetes.

Debby, I was always 5'6" but have shrunk 3/4s of an inch. One of my sisters lost a lot of weight quickly once on a very LF diet and wow, did she look wrinkled, it was too fast or something. Wow, Carolyn, you look tiny to me now, I can't imagine you at 128.

I will probably try to find a movie to watch on TV tonight and DH will be in bed early. The cats will watch the movie with me . After Ollie left they all walked around very slowly and carefully, darting looks here and there, making sure he had really left and wasn't waiting to chase them again. They are just so used to old DH and me that the little ones scare them.

Judy, I will pick you up on the way to KC, then we will run by and get Carolyn to have our reunion, not sure how we can pick up Debby!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, I will pick you up on the way to KC, then we will run by and get Carolyn to have our reunion, not sure how we can pick up Debby!

That would really be fun.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #655

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Let me know. I can pick up Cindy and we can be at Carolyn's in about 4 hours or less. That does sound like fun doesn't it? What a gab-fest that would be! Lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I think you'll have to wait till I'm on my next moto-trip down there. Where are you all? Mid-west?

If any of you'd like to be facebook friends, just message me. I practically live there... & have loads of pics.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #657

Sounds great to me.. Buffy is 6 hours away from me..Judy 90 minutes and the KCity girls about 3 hours..

It's 6:25 and we are home from dinner out. I was soooo good...had talapia with veggies and salad. Passed up on the gooey dessert..

Netflix movie night..

I'll start our new thread for January now so I don't forget..
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #658
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

OK everyone forgot about me for this road trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Happy new year to the best-est people I could ever have "met"!

Yes, Cindy is gorgeous!!

Carolyn - what are you watching on Netflix?

Debby - I'll send you a message and we can be FB friends.

My goal for next year is to lose the 5 lbs I gained over the last 2 months!
I'd be happy at 120. Anything lower than that would be too hard to keep.
I haven't grown any, but was 95lbs when I got married 30 years ago . . . there's no way I could get near that weight now!

Sandy - enjoy sleep!!! It's the best medicine for everything!

Buffy - I'll give DS your advice!! thanks!

Sharon - Happy New Year!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #659
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Debby, my Avi is in Whistler but we have probably discussed that. BC is so pretty!! I would love to live there!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

OK everyone forgot about me for this road trip!!

I DIDN'T!!!
I DIDN'T!!!!

I just assumed you would eventually chime in even though you have 4 kids at home and are deliriously happy and can't possibly spend as much time here as the rest of us you would chime in and you would eventually be included.

Debby and Sharon are a little further away....

You all are THE BEST. Thank you for letting me in and being fun and funny.
I've seen on other threads (and I am not so naive - I am a real life person) where they are talking about not being friends with a group of women because those women can be so hateful.

I feel sorry for those people. I completely know women (and forgive me EVEN MEN) can be horrid gossips and hurtful. HOWEVER I have a long history of wonderful friendships with women. I (and they) are faithful and supportive and very smart and funny.... good combo. (Buffy I'm not talking about that group of bees who were jealous of your success - they deserve to be out of your favor. And I hope to never be out of your favor. What a richness you've added to our lives! )

You all are funny and fun and again - thanks for letting me join in the reindeer games. I am grateful.

Happy new year!