Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn! for maintaining a LARGE weight loss over Christmas, no less!!

Thank you for the input from your LC doc. I think my goal weight (145-144) is at the very tippy toppy for my 5'4" height as far as "not overweight." I am no longer obese at 154, but I would like to not be overweight.

I can be patient, but I am sure I'll have to walk around and exercise some. I'll also probably go back to my pool friends. My cute smart 84-yr-old mother is starting back at the first of the year, so we'll see everyone and enjoy that. It's hard for me to leave my warm house in a swimsuit.... well, you know.
It's usually all worth it when I get there. Those ladies are super nice and usually funny.

I would think maintaining muscle is so important - and muscles burn more calories than fat!
That's my pearl of wisdom for the day!

Last edited by JMCM1; 12-28-2012 at 01:03 PM..
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Debby, so sorry for the family who lost their belongings and home but thankful they are unhurt. At times like these, it is so wonderful when the community rally's around and helps them get back on their feet.
Post us a picture when you office is all finished. And, that is a LONG trip your DH is taking, don't think I would want to go that far on a motorcycle but good guy trip.
Getting in to see the chiropractor at 5:15 this afternoon and I am more than ready. Headache is bad this morning. Really have my fingers crossed that this will help or I will be calling the doctor on Monday.
Barely back in ketosis and that was eating only chicken and fish yesterday with some CO. But, new low on the scale, 184 even! Yay, made my New Year's goal.
Oh, and I have hurt people's feelings with my sarcastic sense of humor, I hate it when that happens and am better now that I am older about realizing not every brain is warped in quite the same way as mine And, I have raised a bunch of kids and now grand-kids that are carrying on, oh my, get my 3 DD's together and watch out
Yes, its very good they way people rise to the occasion when someone has a loss.
OK... will post picture of office... but we'll be adding some wood trim to break it up (when DH returns).
I love the joking around. Grew up with that kind of humour too. It is embarrassing when people don't "get" it though.
Congrats on more wt. loss! I've been losing wt. all week also. Its hard to get my snack in, when there's too many people around. (and sleeping in really messed me up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..
Wisdom from my doctor: When you are in Weight Loss mode, you have to really watch it, especially for the last ten pounds, which are like superglue fat. But, when you get to Maintenance, you can eat a little more until you maintain your weight loss.
Another pearl: She said Statins can cause fibromyalgia..The incidence of fibro has gone up the same rate as the statins go up..Not good..Very interesting, I thought..
And...on exercise..She helps it helps you maintain your muscle, but doesn't really help you lose weight. She likes exercise, of course..
House fires!!! We have had 2 in town recently. Luckily, no one was hurt..Sorry about your relatives, Debby.
Thanks, they're not relatives, they are people in our town.
Good for you maintaining your loss. Your Doctor sounds like a great resource.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

I can be patient, but I am sure I'll have to walk around and exercise some. I'll also probably go back to my pool friends. My cute smart 84-yr-old mother is starting back at the first of the year, so we'll see everyone and enjoy that. It's hard for me to leave my warm house in a swimsuit.... well, you know.
It's usually all worth it when I get there. Those ladies are super nice and usually funny.
I would think maintaining muscle is so important - and muscles burn more calories than fat!
That's my pearl of wisdom for the day!
Yep, it would be hard to leave the house in a bathing suit! Funny Judy... but swimming would be a nice way to exercise. No sweat!

So, DH left at 5 am. He's got a "SPOT" on his bike, so he will be sending me messages of where he is. Its pretty cool. He is driving in a truck right now, but sent me a notice when they stopped for gas. So I can track him on a map.

I tried the talking to text on a text message today! Wow! It worked perfect!! Thanks so much for the tip!

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I tried the talking to text on a text message today! Wow! It worked perfect!! Thanks so much for the tip!
Gosh Buffy, Siri evidently a-d-o-r-e-s Debby. Is that hurtful?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #574
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
B
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
B
:hyst :
Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #576
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
This is my report from using Garcina before lunch..I took my bloodsugar 2 hours after
my lunch today with ds (had some taco chips...maybe 12) and then a few beans with my chicken..BS was 102 after 2 hours..Wowza..It never is that low after an "indulgence"..
Ladies, sorry to even mention taco chips..I guess I should write them XXX chips..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And Carolyn you're still taking metformin?
Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #578

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well, either the glycosolve or the increased dose of gabapentin is giving DH terrible indigestion or acid reflux or whatever. Very uncomfortable.

Finally got my dad into the rehab place and settled this evening. Wow, they've really updated that rehab place since 2009 when he was there last time. I sure hope he does well and can get back to normal quickly.

Judy, my anger at my sister goes back to when my mother was dying too. She didn't come home then until 7 hours before she died! It's totally unfathomable to me!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Finally got my dad into the rehab place and settled this evening. Wow, they've really updated that rehab place since 2009 when he was there last time. I sure hope he does well and can get back to normal quickly
Well that is a very nice surprise.
I always worry. I think a lot of rehab places are VERY nice now - they have to compete, so they've upgraded so many (thank goodness). I sure hope your dad does well there and gets stronger.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Gosh Buffy, Siri evidently a-d-o-r-e-s Debby. Is that hurtful?
My western accent was agreeable to it, I guess? Where you from Buffy?

Quote:
B
code for ...Siri!

Quote:
:hyst :
LOL

Quote:
This is my report from using Garcina before lunch..I took my bloodsugar 2 hours after
my lunch today with ds (had some taco chips...maybe 12) and then a few beans with my chicken..BS was 102 after 2 hours..Wowza..It never is that low after an "indulgence"..
Ladies, sorry to even mention taco chips..I guess I should write them XXX chips..
Ah... the memories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Finally got my dad into the rehab place and settled this evening. Wow, they've really updated that rehab place since 2009 when he was there last time. I sure hope he does well and can get back to normal quickly.
Wow, that's great news. So, he's been there & feels at home there, that's a real plus. Hope they take real good care of him.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #581
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:

But, new low on the scale, 184 even! Yay, made my New Year's goal.

Quote:

Almost makes me want to think about peeling the plastic from my Slow Burn DVDs...

*snicker*

Quote:

MK, can't wait to hear about all the fun things you and your family are doing. Have you seen any other movies besides Les Mis? I just can't decide whether to go to that or not. DD#1 and her whole family loved it but even she wasn't sure how much I would like it. DD#2 loved the production, they saw it in New York one time.

We also saw The Hobbit - wonderful!!

We've been to the mall about every day, eaten out a lot, played dominos, decorated and hopefully undecorating it soon!

And on and on . . .
Thanks for asking!!

Quote:
Oh snap, Buffy - music to my ears!

AND I LOVE TO BE TEASED!
I don't tease people unless I like them.

RUNNING to find the meat and egg fast thread.
Which I now consider a form of exercise!

Quote:
LC doctor report: I stayed the same..151 with clothes on..I was happy, happy, happy because I maintained my November weight loss of 6 pounds.

Quote:
B

Actually, I mentioned you today at the AT&T store - DD26 got a new phone - anyway, I said how Siri had quit talking to you. AND they said it happens a lot. Siri actually gets mad and refuses to talk for up to 24 hours!!!

Imagine being snubbed by your phone!!

OK - back to the kiddos!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #582
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - I'm glad your dad has settled in!! You're such a good daughter!!

Debby - congrats on your loss too!!

I think I've found all the weight all you all have lost - so if you want it back, I'd be happy to mail it to you!

*post your address here*
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #583
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
We also saw The Hobbit - wonderful!!

I was wondering if I might like that - I've not seen any of the other movies - read the trilogy 800 years ago... Thanks for the good review!

I am astounded Siri will get miffed and ignore its master for up to 24 hours!
So wrong!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #584
Big Yapper!!!!

You gals have had fun while I was out doing my returns.

MK, die the AT&T people mention my name in particular regarding Siri and her refusal to speak??? maybe I should be happy she does it to others, except for Debbie whom she adores

Sandy, glad you got your dad moved and settled. Some things between siblings never are resolved, sorry for the hurt you have been through.

I hardly ever eat out these days but wanted a good salad and steak tonight. DH didnt' want to go where I wanted so we went to his choice. Steak didnt say so on the menu but came out with a sauce on it

OK, went to chiro today and he says not sinus but 2 vertebrae out of whack. Did adjustment and wants me to come back 3 more times. So far so good but he said I might still have the headache for a while. Sure hope he is right

Carolyn, good dr visit.

Judy, cooking the little cakes less does help with dryness. i am trying almond flour next time.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #585
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OK, went to chiro today and he says not sinus but 2 vertebrae out of whack. Did adjustment and wants me to come back 3 more times. So far so good but he said I might still have the headache for a while. Sure hope he is right
We have a chiropractor who has a radio show here and I heard him talking about "sinus headaches" a couple of weeks ago. I think I was urging you to see your crackerpacker because I'd heard this guy say he was successful treating the "sinus headache" with adjustments.

So glad you FINALLY did what I wanted you to do!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You gals have had fun while I was out doing my returns.
MK, did the AT&T people mention my name in particular regarding Siri and her refusal to speak??? maybe I should be happy she does it to others, except for Debby whom she adores
I hardly ever eat out these days but wanted a good salad and steak tonight. DH didnt' want to go where I wanted so we went to his choice. Steak didnt say so on the menu but came out with a sauce on it
OK, went to chiro today and he says not sinus but 2 vertebrae out of whack. Did adjustment and wants me to come back 3 more times. So far so good but he said I might still have the headache for a while. Sure hope he is right.
Yep, fun thread here.
LOL I don't even know how to use Siri. I just used the microphone on the texting app. Gotta figure out Siri.
Eww!! Sauce on your steak! Restaurants sure know how to foul up food, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Debby - congrats on your loss too!!
I think I've found all the weight all you all have lost - so if you want it back, I'd be happy to mail it to you! *post your address here*
I'd like to see that!
Quote:
I was wondering if I might like that - I've not seen any of the other movies - read the trilogy 800 years ago... Thanks for the good review!
I am astounded Siri will get miffed and ignore its master for up to 24 hours! So wrong!
So funny! Siri pouting!
I'm looking forward to seeing the Hobbit too. LOVE that series. When we lived in the wilderness & had no electricity or power... (lived in a log cabin), we read the whole series out loud every couple of years. Had a lot of fun with Gollum's voice.
The movies they're making are so good too! Usually when a movie is made of a book it is disappointing, but so far, these haven't been.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #587
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG, a whole other chapter of Debby's life we havent explored, her living in a log cabin with no electricity!!!!! Do any of us "know" how old Debby really is?????
Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #588
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
We have a chiropractor who has a radio show here and I heard him talking about "sinus headaches" a couple of weeks ago. I think I was urging you to see your crackerpacker because I'd heard this guy say he was successful treating the "sinus headache" with adjustments.

So glad you FINALLY did what I wanted you to do!
I expected him to perform this miracle which would cause major sinus drainage but he didn't think it was that at all. I might be seeing more of this guy if he can help my tension there

DS, DDIL and little Ollie arrived, he ran to me and said he loved me
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #589
Big Yapper!!!!

Crackerpacker
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #590

Good morning. I hope you get some relief Buffy. I go to my crackerpacker every month to keep straight.

Sandy's dad is lucky to be at Lakeview. My two aunts loved it there and the food is great!

I am still taking metformin. Dr. said it was okay To take it in the morning. I hope I can lose another pound or two this month.

Hugs to all!!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #591
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
BTW, do any of you read or follow the Meat and Egg fast thread? Snoangle has some really great pictures of her mid-section. The first one was after she had dieted to goal and done a lot of exercising. The 2nd one was at goal with no exercise and eating only meat/eggs. Amazing but the 2nd one showed a leaner firmer mid-section.

Now, I am not putting down exercise, I think it is so beneficial in so many ways and believe it or not, I did exercise for years, mine was mostly walking but I covered a lot of miles and it was so good for my body, my mind, my soul but there really is something different about losing weight the LC way versus the other diets. You do look leaner after losing the same amount on LC.
80% of how you look is diet but I do lift to maintain muscle mass.

Quote:
B
We are a feisty bunch!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG, a whole other chapter of Debby's life we havent explored, her living in a log cabin with no electricity!!!!! Do any of us "know" how old Debby really is?????
That's funny Buffy!
Hint: Hippie culture
Quote:
I am still taking metformin. Dr. said it was okay To take it in the morning. I hope I can lose another pound or two this month. Hugs to all!!
to you too!
I hope you don't get the side effects of that metfomin... sounds bad.
Losing 1-2 lbs THIS month could be a challenge.

Good morning all!
Nice lazy day here in the frozen north. Lost another quarter lb. I guess I should be eating more, but don't know "what" to add. I'm quite comfortable eating what I eat, but have been feeling like I could eat more. Maybe I should try some of that quinoa. Any of you know what to do with it? I guess I could throw it in with my salad or veggies.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

[QUOTE=DebbyL;16158420 to you too!
I hope you don't get the side effects of that metfomin... sounds bad.
Losing 1-2 lbs THIS month could be a challenge.

:[/QUOTE]

What side effects are you referring to Debbie? Please share any info on this that you have. I have taken it for 4 years now.

Little Oliver woke me up about 8:30, he must have really been tuckered out b/c he never sleeps that late at home, his Mommy and Daddy were so pleased to get an extra hour or two of sleep. OMG, he is a sweet little guy, love just shines out of his eyes. DS and DDIL are very good parents and are teaching him well. They are off to have lunch and run a couple of errands, then will be back for nap time. After that, they are joining DD's and kids at an indoor water park for lots of fun and then back here to sleep tonight. They have to go back sometime tomorrow as DS works on Monday. My ex and his wife are here visiting as well, so they are splitting their time between us all.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #594
Big Yapper!!!!

Still have a headache but slept really well with no advil last night. So, I truly think the adjustment helped. I hope I continue to like this Dr., just have tried a couple in the last few years that didn't impress me, one of the reasons I haven't went often. I do think the adjustments can help. DH says it is all in my head, well, so is the pain, so whatever it takes to relieve it is what I will be doing. Sometimes he makes me so mad, talk about a pain in the "head".

Weight down just a little more this morning, puts me at a loss of over 25 lbs now. I am so happy about my losses this month.

Need to boil up some eggs, I am hungry for deviled eggs, love them, hate to make them.

The food I miss the most on LC is really good bread. I can make LC sweets and treats that are good but none of the breads really are that good to me. They might kind of look like bread but they just don't have the right taste and consistency. I used to get this bread made locally and they had several varieties, Grandma's white bread was one of them and there was nothing better than a sandwich made with that bread. But, alas, not in my scheme of things right now.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 AM   #595
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How fun to have Oliver and his parents!! This is an extra serving of Christmas love!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #596

Hi ladies..

Dh and I went to breakfast..I ordered scrambled eggs, two sausage patties with sausage gravy..LOL..Sounds like a KS/OK meal, doesn't it? It was good..I'm hoping it will last me a while..Today I am not eating until I am hungry..That is a novel thought.

That is so funny about Siri..I am treating her very respectfully since I read that she can snub you. Maybe if you use XXXXX words, she takes a break. If you compliment her, she really likes it..LOL..

I love me some devilled eggs, too....but alas hate to make them, but I should do that today.

I'm trying a George Stella Waldorf coleslaw tonight. I'll let you know how it is..Celery sliced thinly is the sub for apples..

Old 12-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #597
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes Judy, this weekend with DS and his family really will end 2012 on a very high note.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #598

We all love our little Oliver, who was born on this board..Send pictures, Mema.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #599
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
That is so funny about Siri..I am treating her very respectfully since I read that she can snub you. Maybe if you use XXXXX words, she takes a break. If you compliment her, she really likes it..LOL..

Well, there you have it. I am afraid I am guilty of using some really bad words while talking to Siri, but hey, she asked for it, I didn't start it, I swear
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #600

LOL..Buffy: How is your head today?