Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #541
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hi Carolyn does this work
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #542
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I'll be darned! Thanks 9 month old, it does work. How on earth did you ever figure that out?

I am pretty thick but first of all, I tried to get on our board on "my computer", then was looking all over for message part, all the while holding my phone in my hand and wondering how on earth this was going to work. Then I realized you got on LCF's on your PHONE, then on to the next steps. Hahahaha . We old dogs can learn new tricks, so it seems!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!

I have to say, I am really enjoying my days this week of getting ready for DS to come, getting everything put away but not being as rushed as I have been for the past 3-4 weeks of toffee time. Whew! I like having my time to play and mess around, KWIM?

Had chicken for lunch, going to have fish for dinner, and have had my CO in my coffee. I had better be registering some level of ketosis by tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #544
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, forgot to say to keep us updated on the new supplement you are taking.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #545
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Buffy...Wow..I think I figured it out by accident..I should read the Quick Start booklet..maybe tonight.

Yes, my friend who owns the faux Curves has started it too. She finds that her appetite
is smaller..I think I will know if it is working by next week if I permanently get to the
140's..It is supposed to be good for keeping blood sugar in check. They don't want diabetics who are on meds to take it because their sugar levels may go too low..But, YYMV, I think.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #546
Big Yapper!!!!

always interested in supplements that help and might help DD's. I don't think my appetite can get much lower than it is now. I love it but miss food being appealing and wanting to make things.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #547

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Carolyn, did you try the Glycosolve? If so, what did you think? I ordered a bottle for DH and he started it this week. I guess we'll see. But if it doesn't work well for him, I'll look into that. Especially if you give it good comments.

DH got a steroid shot in his spine this morning and back to the cardiologist this afternoon. The shot was successful so far and the heart doc liked what she saw. Yay!!!!

My dad will be moved to rehab tomorrow sometime. I took today off from the hospital to go with DH to all his appts. My sister came in town, finally, so I just let her sit there today. We actually had some angry words between us last night, so I don't care if I see her on this trip or now. Seems a lot of us are having some family stress during this holiday. Just part of life I guess.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
I think it's hard having siblings out of town, too.

I just erased three times things I'd written, but I don't really know if they apply to you, so I just kept erasing them. Anyway, there's no stress like family stress, and there's no stress like a beloved parent going through surgery, TWICE, etc. etc. etc. I know your dad appreciates all you and your brother have done for him.

Glad you could be with your DH today on all his appointments.
Gosh Sandy, glad YOU are OK! Call us if you need us to go to appointments with you.
(girl trip!)

Buffy I thought the same thing - I am not hungry enough to need anything to stop my appetite, but I definitely need a kick in the behind to get myself moving.
I can a-l-m-o-s-t see myself opening those Slow Burn DVDs.

Almost.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy they say you have to first have a vision, thinking of opening your Slow Burn should be enough exercise for this week

Sandy, good for you for letting your sister take over today to give you a much needed break.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #550
Big Yapper!!!!

Headache back with a vengeance, wish it had been this bad this afternoon, would have made me reschedule that chiro appt, must do that tomorrow
Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #551

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thanks for the moral support girls. It means a lot to me. There's some history here with my sister to do with when my mom was dying. I was finally able to start letting that go and now this.....ugh, ugh, ugly. I'm trying to do the right thing but it's hard when you feel hurt and angry. But I keep trying.

The good news is my weight is holding steady at 142.8. Bouncing a bit up and down but always staying in my window. That's a good feeling to enter the new year with. We should all be so proud of ourselves. We made it through the holidays without a lot of major damage. Woohooo!!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Buffy..I just discovered Siri this morning..LOL..Yes, she was typing my message on LCF's..
There was a little microphone on the alphabet section..LOL..

I can see where Siri might not totally understand what we are saying, but you didn't want to call the Deer Slaughter person anyway... I do more practice, I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Let me clarify in my post about Siri, I called her a B, not the person in the store. I can be a little rude but I am not that rude!!!
Wow! This is great! I have Siri, but had no idea what to do with it. Thanks!
Happy to share my "country life" with you all. I had a nice x-country ski today... a bit cold, 10 degrees F.

I had to go to work for an hour today. A family lost their home to a fire on Saturday, we took up an offering for them on Sunday, & I had to write a cheque & deliver it today. Poor them. Only the clothes on their backs, family of 4.

Then I helped my hubby to get ready for his motorcycle trip. He's going to travel from Vancouver, BC to Southern Mexico & back with a friend. Not me because being the church book-keeper, its the busiest time of year for me.

Hope you'll all be getting back on track easily.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Thanks for the moral support girls. It means a lot to me. There's some history here with my sister to do with when my mom was dying. I was finally able to start letting that go and now this.....ugh, ugh, ugly. I'm trying to do the right thing but it's hard when you feel hurt and angry. But I keep trying.

The good news is my weight is holding steady at 142.8. Bouncing a bit up and down but always staying in my window. That's a good feeling to enter the new year with. We should all be so proud of ourselves. We made it through the holidays without a lot of major damage. Woohooo!!!
I hope my Dsister never reads this - when my dad was dying a few years ago, I thought I was going to take her iphone and put it in a place the sun would not ever be shining... I love her and time heals all, etc... I have a loooong memory, unfortunately.

And yes, congrats to all of us for not undoing too much of the good we've done.

Quote:
Headache back with a vengeance, wish it had been this bad this afternoon, would have made me reschedule that chiro appt, must do that tomorrow
Buffy I'm nearly worried about your headaches!! I need this to get fixed and soon. Now get busy fixing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Wow! This is great! I have Siri, but had no idea what to do with it. Thanks!
Happy to share my "country life" with you all. I had a nice x-country ski today... a bit cold, 10 degrees F.

I had to go to work for an hour today. A family lost their home to a fire on Saturday, we took up an offering for them on Sunday, & I had to write a cheque & deliver it today. Poor them. Only the clothes on their backs, family of 4.

Then I helped my hubby to get ready for his motorcycle trip. He's going to travel from Vancouver, BC to Southern Mexico & back with a friend. Not me because being the church book-keeper, its the busiest time of year for me.

Hope you'll all be getting back on track easily.
Oh Debby - no wonder your DH got your cabinets all fixed up before his long trip! Well, spend time with us and we will help you pass the time, I'm sure.

So sorry for that family - so glad they are all alive - and glad they are members of your church.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #554
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Oh Debby - no wonder your DH got your cabinets all fixed up before his long trip! Well, spend time with us and we will help you pass the time, I'm sure.

So sorry for that family - so glad they are all alive - and glad they are members of your church.
Yeah Judy, he ran out of time to do some of the finishing touches, but by the time he gets home I should be used to it & know where the heck everything is!
Yes, its wonderful they weren't hurt. They haven't attended our church. Its was very difficult for them, fortunate that they have family here and fire insurance, but that's been pretty slow. Can you imagine? It would be so hard.

I also had a difficult time with my sister after losing my mother & then again after losing my dad. Some people handle grief with anger & they strike out to those close to them. It was what brought on my adrenal fatigue, actually. Finally after 2 years she talks with me again.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #555
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby
Old 12-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #556
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #557
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Sandy, I'm sorry you are having family stress. I think with your dad sick, bickering among the kids is inevitable.

Buffy, I call my GPS in my car a B****! She is always "recalculating" then telling me to "turn left, then turn left......turn left" ( I am basically doing a 180!) and I'm yelling at it, "B****, I am!!"
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #558
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

and good job holding your weight steady while you go through all this stress!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, so sorry for the famly who lost their belongings and home but thankful they are unhurt. At times like these, it is so wonderful when the community rallys around and helps them get back on their feet.
Post us a picture when you office is all finished. And, that is a LONG trip your DH is taking, don't think I would want to go that far on a motorcycle but good guy trip.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 AM   #560
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Sandy, I'm sorry you are having family stress. I think with your dad sick, bickering among the kids is inevitable.

Buffy, I call my GPS in my car a B****! She is always "recalculating" then telling me to "turn left, then turn left......turn left" ( I am basically doing a 180!) and I'm yelling at it, "B****, I am!!"
Yes, that "recalculating" is probably about the most annoying sound you hear from them but wow, we are so used to having GPS's now. Love them, most of the time, just wish for once she would "trust" me when I go a different way,
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #561
Big Yapper!!!!

Getting in to see the chiropractor at 5:15 this afternoon and I am more than ready. Headache is bad this morning. Really have my fingers crossed that this will help or I will be calling the doctor on Monday.

Barely back in ketosis and that was eating only chicken and fish yesterday with some CO. But, new low on the scale, 184 even! Yay, made my New Year's goal.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is just incredible Buffy!!!

Almost makes me want to think about peeling the plastic from my Slow Burn DVDs...
Old 12-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #563
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG here's Judy with her extensive exercising again. Do you realize how hard thinking is on you Judy, I mean in a few years your knees will be hurting, your elbows shot, think about it!

Man, I love to tease Judy

MK, can't wait to hear about all the fun things you and your family are doing. Have you seen any other movies besides Les Mis? I just can't decide whether to go to that or not. DD#1 and her whole family loved it but even she wasn't sure how much I would like it. DD#2 loved the production, they saw it in New York one time.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #564
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW, do any of you read or follow the Meat and Egg fast thread? Snoangle has some really great pictures of her mid-section. The first one was after she had dieted to goal and done a lot of exercising. The 2nd one was at goal with no exercise and eating only meat/eggs. Amazing but the 2nd one showed a leaner firmer mid-section.

Now, I am not putting down exercise, I think it is so beneficial in so many ways and believe it or not, I did exercise for years, mine was mostly walking but I covered a lot of miles and it was so good for my body, my mind, my soul but there really is something different about losing weight the LC way versus the other diets. You do look leaner after losing the same amount on LC.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
BTW, do any of you read or follow the Meat and Egg fast thread? Snoangle has some really great pictures of her mid-section. The first one was after she had dieted to goal and done a lot of exercising. The 2nd one was at goal with no exercise and eating only meat/eggs. Amazing but the 2nd one showed a leaner firmer mid-section.

Now, I am not putting down exercise, I think it is so beneficial in so many ways and believe it or not, I did exercise for years, mine was mostly walking but I covered a lot of miles and it was so good for my body, my mind, my soul but there really is something different about losing weight the LC way versus the other diets. You do look leaner after losing the same amount on LC.
Oh snap, Buffy - music to my ears!

AND I LOVE TO BE TEASED!
I don't tease people unless I like them.

RUNNING to find the meat and egg fast thread.
Which I now consider a form of exercise!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #566
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
AND I LOVE TO BE TEASED!
I don't tease people unless I like them.

:
Haha, me too. If I don't tease you, I probably don't like you much, or, you don't have my sarcastic sense of humor and I am afraid of hurting your feelings.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Haha, me too. If I don't tease you, I probably don't like you much, or, you don't have my sarcastic sense of humor and I am afraid of hurting your feelings.
Yes - better said.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and I have hurt people's feelings with my sarcastic sense of humor, I hate it when that happens and am better now that I am older about realizing not every brain is warped in quite the same way as mine And, I have raised a bunch of kids and now grandkids that are carrying on, oh my, get my 3 DD's together and watch out
Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and I have hurt people's feelings with my sarcastic sense of humor, I hate it when that happens and am better now that I am older about realizing not every brain is warped in quite the same way as mine And, I have raised a bunch of kids and now grandkids that are carrying on, oh my, get my 3 DD's together and watch out
My DH and I realize too late we've imparted that sarcastic gene to our kids, too. Sorry world! I think the kids seem better aware that it's not quite as funny to many as we think - they've been more successful in not saying every single word that springs into their mind.

Enough bragging.

Buffy I made Ouozoid's little cake Dec. 26 - it lasted 2 days. I cooked it only 1 minute, 45 seconds and it was still a little dry. When I make a cake, I use only almond flour and no coconut flour, which also helps with dryness.

Next time I'm only going to cook it 1 min. 30 seconds - or until I see no wet spots on the top. It fluffed up beautifully, too!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #570

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Lots of great chatter..I can't type that fast on my phone so I have to wait until I can get to the computer downstairs..

Sandy...Yeah for you.. I did try that Glycosolve for a while, but I am very impatient and didn't give it 4 or 5 weeks to work. I think Jimmy Moore has had good luck with it.
I am going to see how this Garcinia Cambogia works...My exercise lady has lost 2 pounds since starting it last week..It helps to control her appetite.

LC doctor report: I stayed the same..151 with clothes on..I was happy, happy, happy because I maintained my November weight loss of 6 pounds.

Wisdom from my doctor: When you are in Weight Loss mode, you have to really watch it, especially for the last ten pounds, which are like superglue fat. But, when you get to Maintenance, you can eat a little more until you maintain your weight loss.

Another pearl: She said Statins can cause fibromyalgia..The incidence of fibro has gone up the same rate as the statins go up..Not good..Very interesting, I thought..

And...on exercise..She helps it helps you maintain your muscle, but doesn't really help you lose weight. She likes exercise, of course..

House fires!!! We have had 2 in town recently. Luckily, no one was hurt..Sorry about your relatives, Debby.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote