Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #511
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Judy, glad to get your review on the chocolate syrup, I was ready to order until I saw the carb count and sugar alcohols. What is the serving size?

So happy your evening with all 3 of the kids was a success.

We still haven't gotten together with my stepdaughter, her DH and the triplets. She and her dad engage in this tug of war behavior that I have just backed out of. I used to try to work with her to get him more involved but then found out that she always thought it was me who was trying to keep him from seeing them. After trying to talk to her about it once and then it still continuing, I finally this year just go with whatever happens between the 2 of them. She wants him more involved, he is not into kids I am afraid and won't make the effort, wanting her to contact him. They are both too stubborn as far as I am concerned but like I said, I have removed myself from it and it is up to them. She has a wonderful DH that I really like and I adore those triplets but have to say that after 30 some years of trying to be close to her I am frustrated beyond trying anymore. Told DH that this year he had to shop for his grandkids and I know he got them gift cards and I don't even know the amounts, left it all up to him. Then there is his son and that situation is even worse, they never hardly ever see each other and he has 3 sons who live with their 2 different mothers, one of those he doesn't claim but let me tell you, he looks exactly like my DH's baby pictures .

Up to them, I am busy enough with my brood.

Well, didn't quite mean to spout out all that but it is what it is!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #512
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Judy, glad to get your review on the chocolate syrup, I was ready to order until I saw the carb count and sugar alcohols. What is the serving size?

So happy your evening with all 3 of the kids was a success.

We still haven't gotten together with my stepdaughter, her DH and the triplets. She and her dad engage in this tug of war behavior that I have just backed out of. I used to try to work with her to get him more involved but then found out that she always thought it was me who was trying to keep him from seeing them. After trying to talk to her about it once and then it still continuing, I finally this year just go with whatever happens between the 2 of them. She wants him more involved, he is not into kids I am afraid and won't make the effort, wanting her to contact him. They are both too stubborn as far as I am concerned but like I said, I have removed myself from it and it is up to them. She has a wonderful DH that I really like and I adore those triplets but have to say that after 30 some years of trying to be close to her I am frustrated beyond trying anymore. Told DH that this year he had to shop for his grandkids and I know he got them gift cards and I don't even know the amounts, left it all up to him. Then there is his son and that situation is even worse, they never hardly ever see each other and he has 3 sons who live with their 2 different mothers, one of those he doesn't claim but let me tell you, he looks exactly like my DH's baby pictures .

Up to them, I am busy enough with my brood.

Well, didn't quite mean to spout out all that but it is what it is!
There is nothing like this time of year to magnify all those things!
(said Judy from first-hand frustrations).

You are such a loving person and I really think you are so correct in letting your DH's kids figure it out with their own dad. And I also think you are WISE to have tried to build a bridge, but then actually LISTENED to your DH's daughter looking to blame you.

If you are the scapegoat, there will not be resolution as long as you leave yourself in that position. WISE to back out, IMO. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am.

I have other resentments, of course, to be revealed in due time...

2 Tbsp. for a serving. Are sugar alcohols counted as carbs? The nutrition label says 2Tbsp = 21g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 0g sugar, 13g sugar alcohol.
It's the DaVinci Chocolate Flavored Sauce.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #513
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Judy, it is frustrating to see them both so stubborn when it could be better but it is up to them.

On the SA's, no not really treated as carbs but they usually upset my tummy and even subtracted those and the fiber, it still is 7 carbs for 2 T. Something that could be used in moderation but who wants to use chocolate syrup in moderation? That's like the eating advice I got for years, eat everything, just in moderation I am not a "just in moderation" kind of person

But, I am glad it is good, SA's do make things taste good, too bad they can be so hard on the tummy. Even the small amount of breyer's LC ice cream that I had on Christmas eve bothered me a little. And woe to the person who picks up a bag of the SF Russell STover candies and eats the whole bag, thinking, wow, these taste just like the regular. Of course that usually only happens once....................per person

I made a fudge like frosting with Swerve and am sure it could be thinned down enough for a ice cream topping, when I ever get around to it.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #514
Big Yapper!!!!

Just forced down some scrambled eggs with cheese. Just am not hungry again today, which is good I guess.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Just forced down some scrambled eggs with cheese. Just am not hungry again today, which is good I guess.
I thought I would be ravenous today - I forced down my scrambled eggs with 1 piece of bacon, also.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #516
Big Yapper!!!!

Me too Judy, usually in the past, once I gave in and ate some carbs that were something I really loved, like the chocolate pie, I wanted more and more. I guess if I had that as a choice I wouldn't have to force it down, but do have the will power to leave it along and really am not hungry.

Cleaning out the fridge, whoa, badly needed to be done.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #517
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

My goodness, Buffy..Maybe the chiro can clear out your sinuses so that they drain..Hope you are better, better, better soon..And, I totally agree with letting the Dh deal with his dd..

SA's and I are not the bestest of friends either..I try to get the lowest SA count on any bar I bought.

Yeah for all the happy Christmases we all had..

Ds was supposed to pick his KState friend up today, but the friend didn't realize that his mom had invited "family" for the week, so Ds will wait until Saturday. Of course, this gives Ds a good time to sort through the boxes..

Friday is my weigh-in day..I hope I will have lost a few ounces at least..LOL..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #518

Cleaning out the basement storage room..I had a sweater with feathers from the 80's..Are they back in style??? LOL
Old 12-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If not now, they will be!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi friends!
Looks like you're having fun "chatting away". Hope you're all doing great on your diets & health.

I got my office "together" this morning... with all the new cupboards & out with the old shelves. Still need to reorganize. It was mostly a stash things in... to get rid of old shelves.

We had the family up today. Its a holiday today, Boxing Day. So we were doing all outdoor sports. Ski-dooing, sledding, skiing. The weather was pretty good too, sunny & 20 degrees F. I got to do my good work-out ski, which I've been missing, since its been so cold. My DIL had My DS try out my FlexForce too, it was pretty funny. He's really fit, so I put it on pretty high tension & had him do the hardest moves... It was pretty funny. He was sure it wasn't going to do enough to challenge him... he could only get the move half way up.... hehehe... anyway, after I put it on the right tension, he really liked it. Think one's going to show up in their house too. Especially since they're only $200.

Have a good sleep!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #521
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I'm alive - just running around with the kids!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #522

Good morning. Debbie your family is so physical. I love that you tested your kids On the force flex

MKay, Have fun with your kids today.

Brett is taking me out to lunch to the new restaurant . It's weigh-in tomorrow so I have to be careful.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning friends,

MK - sounds like a great (and probably exhausting) day! The good kind of exhaustion - with a smile on our face.

Debby your life is a wonder to hear about - I'm so glad you let us peek a little bit into your life up there.

Carolyn - a new restaurant where you live right now? Or will you travel to a new restaurant? Excited for you if it's there where you live!

Hello to all!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #524
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Waiting on DS20 to wake up ~ we're going back to the mall for me to exchange some presents and he needs tennies. DD26 will join us at some point too.

run...run...run
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 AM   #525
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
I pretty much figured out what MK was up too, have known her too long now and when her kiddos are home, it is a busy household.

Debby, you make me tired with all of your outdoor activities but sure sounds like fun. One of my sisters is like that, always golfing, playing some sort of game, hiking, heck at 67 she and a friend hiked in AND out of the Grand Canyon. I was super impressed!

I spent most of yesterday cleaning up things from all the toffee making, storing, wrapping, etc., etc. Turning DS's room back into a guest room for when they get here Friday. Still have to put the clean sheets back on the bed. Most rooms are back to normal except the other guest room where I stashed everything I still haven't found a spot for and keep the door closed, haha and my office, hoping I can get some of this put away and organized today. I have a couple of returns to make as well but they might get put off until next week.

Still have a headache though it wasn't as bad most of the day yesterday as it had been so maybe it is getting better.

Went over to DD#3 yesterday evening to exchange gifts with them and DGS 13. He was tired, had spent 5 days at his dad's house where they were suffering with the stomach virus and he has a stepmom who is super critical of him, so he had to endure some of her verbal abuse. Then his dad and stepmom of course fight over the things she says, it is not pretty. At least he opens up about it as he gets older, he used to just hold it all in and we never knew if he was handling it ok or not. For the most part, his dad tries to do things with him away from the house or at his parent's house but since he was sick they ended up staying home more. Oh, it makes me so mad. I just tell him that it will make him a stronger person as an adult, having to learn to deal with someone like her and that he knows how much he is loved and he can survive this. His dad is a good guy and DD doesn't want to deprive either of them being together but wow.

Well, have you guys heard enough about my private life this week, LOL. Geez!

Carolyn, enjoy your lunch with Brett. I am looking forward to seeing my DS on Friday.

Weight still up 2 lbs and I am still out of ketosis. Ate LC all day yesterday but I did finish off that can of peanuts that we got as a gift, boy were those good. Glad they are gone. Peanuts count up quickly. Today meat and fat, that is what it takes to get back in K. And, of course, not too much meat but I don't usually have to worry about that since my appetite is still repressed.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My appetite is down, too, thank goodness.

I decided to start tracking my portions and calories again yesterday because I am up 2 pounds also. It was actually comforting to go back to the foods and plans that have made me so close to my goal. And for once I'm not freaking out - I'm happy having a plan and knowing how to get where I want to go.

I simply must move my body more or I am sure I'll never see my goal. Throwing my back out in July is WAY in the rear-view mirror. I've not had a twinge since it all got better - that took about month though.

Buffy were those Virginia peanuts? They are the best and probably worth 2 pounds!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes Judy, they were a gift from a company we buy supplies from that has headquarters in the east and man were they good ones. I can usually leave peanuts alone but not these, they seemed to always want to watch tv with me, so everytime I turned on the tv, they were in the kitchen calling to me.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #528

LOL..

On the above post, I was speaking into my phone and it was typing as I spoke..So, it was rather choppy...and short..LOL..

There is an Italian restaurant in town..I'm going to try the Caesar salad today, I think.

Okay ladies..I am trying a new weight loss drug..LOL..Garcinia Cambogia recommended by Dr. Oz (whom I don't really care for all the time). It is a supplement and honestly, I think it is working pretty well..I just started it right before Christmas and have seen a loss..I got mine at Amazon..for a 2 month supply for around $25. Two pills before each meal (1/2 hour to 2 hours). Google Dr. Oz and he has a presentation on how it works.
The fat/carbs go into energy, not storage in the liver..I will know more if I am solidly in the 40's next week..

Nuts are sooo good..and so easy to overeat.. They do have a little voice and you can hear them even from the freezer..LOL..
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #529
Big Yapper!!!!

regarding the Iphone. I can't ever remember what all they do when I first get them, and then discover things along the way. One thing I do love with my Iphone is Siri although she and I have had our problems along the way. Some days she understands me perfectly, other days she pretends like she doesn't get one word of what I say. Like I will say "call dear daughter" and she will say "call deer slaughter, I don't see a listing for deer slaughter" and things like that just to annoy the crap out of me. One day she just refused to respond to me, then I go to the AT&T store to see what was wrong and the minute the sales rep tried her she responded sweetly to him. I called her a name that started with a B and left the store.

Anyway, what I was getting at. When you are driving and really really need to send a text, you can ask Siri to text so and so. She will ask what you want to say and will text them. She does mix those texts up sometimes but it is better than looking at your phone. And, when you get a response, you can ask her to read the text to you and she will. Of course, the best thing of all is to not use your phone at all on the road.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:25 AM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
LOL..

On the above post, I was speaking into my phone and it was typing as I spoke..So, it was rather choppy...and short..LOL..

There is an Italian restaurant in town..I'm going to try the Caesar salad today, I think.

Okay ladies..I am trying a new weight loss drug..LOL..Garcinia Cambogia recommended by Dr. Oz (whom I don't really care for all the time). It is a supplement and honestly, I think it is working pretty well..I just started it right before Christmas and have seen a loss..I got mine at Amazon..for a 2 month supply for around $25. Two pills before each meal (1/2 hour to 2 hours). Google Dr. Oz and he has a presentation on how it works.
The fat/carbs go into energy, not storage in the liver..I will know more if I am solidly in the 40's next week..

Nuts are sooo good..and so easy to overeat.. They do have a little voice and you can hear them even from the freezer..LOL..
Wait, you were having your Iphone type that message here on LCF's ?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #531

Buffy..I just discovered Siri this morning..LOL..Yes, she was typing my message on LCF's..
There was a little microphone on the alphabet section..LOL..

I can see where Siri might not totally understand what we are saying, but you didn't want to call the Deer Slaughter person anyway... I do more practice, I think.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #532
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I have Siri and use her all the time, but, how did you get her to type your message here? Either that is new on the 5 or I just don't know how to do it.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #533
Big Yapper!!!!

Let me clarify in my post about Siri, I called her a B, not the person in the store. I can be a little rude but I am not that rude!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #534
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Let me clarify in my post about Siri, I called her a B, not the person in the store. I can be a little rude but I am not that rude!!!

I actually got that the first time, but this Siri exchange is awesome!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hi ladies! Finally here miss me??

Love reading about the Siri and her being able to type now as you talk. Makes your posts read just like your talking. Such fun. My Nephew has finally jumped in and got his iP5. I'll have to tell him about this feature. He'll love it! No more missed spelled words!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My DD and DSIL have android phones - Samsung Galaxy Super Kapow Zippy Zap or whatever. They have had the speech to text function for donkeys ages - and it is RARELY wrong. They've been laughing at the iphone peeps being frustrated with Siri.

And now you know - even our children are sarcastic...

Welcome back Sharon!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #537
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
My DD and DSIL have android phones - Samsung Galaxy Super Kapow Zippy Zap or whatever. They have had the speech to text function for donkeys ages - and it is RARELY wrong. They've been laughing at the iphone peeps being frustrated with Siri.

And now you know - even our children are sarcastic...

Welcome back Sharon!
BAaahhhhhhaaaaa!!! Must look into the Samsung Galaxy Super Kapow Zippy Zap next time, har har har

I really feel Siri has an evil side and does these things on purpose. but I will remain a loyal Apple fan, I think. Now that I have the Iphone and the Ipad, I want my next computer to be Apple. Although, DD#2 and her DH both got super duper Imacs last year and DD's has crashed twice and DSIL's once??? They better get back on their game!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #538
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sharon, good to see you again!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #539
Big Yapper!!!!

Waiting for Carolyn to get back from her lunchdate with that handsome young man so she can tell me how to make Siri type on my puter for me.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #540

Hi...

I do have the Iphone5, which is like giving a fancy computer to a 9 month old..LOL.

I get on LCFs, then hit the message part..Then on my keyboard there is a little microphone down to the left near the bottom of the keyboard..I push that and speak..Maybe the 4s don't have it..???? I haven't said anything complicated yet..LOL..