Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 04:42 AM   #481
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
No Judy, we'll be in town. My DD is having Christmas at her house which is about a mile from me. I'll see Dad today and Christmas day too. My brother is a pastor so he has a pretty busy day today/tonight but tomorrow he'll be free most of the day so I'm sure he and his family will be up there too so he won't be alone too long on Christmas without some family there. He got moved to a regular room last night but still on the telemetry floor where he can be closely monitored. I'm sure today will be a big day. They'll get him up and he'll start eating normal food again.
'

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 AM   #482

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ...

We had a great visit with Beth and Shawn..Dinner was pretty good, too..Repeat performance tonight. Dh mentioned last night he was supposed to bring cookies tonight
for the Christmas Eve service..So I made him help..We did LC..gingerbread cream cheese tassies and Jennifer's LC toffee stuff..

Your dad is where he needs to be, isn't he? Gotta heal up before he goes home. Will he be staying with anyone to recover?

Oh...now to make the coffee that the kids bought me..Roasterie's Decaf Christmas Blend. Do you KCity kittties ever buy that??

Here's wishing you all relax and enjoy the day before Christmas..Glad you are better, Buffy...

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #483

Yes, Carolyn, he'll be going to Lakeview again for his rehab. He likes it there so no problems with that at least.
And yes, we get that coffee sometimes. Yum!

If I don't make it back on here before Christmas, Merry Christmas to all of you. May you all have a very blessed Christmas.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Glad he actually likes where he'll get his rehab- all that is so important.

I would like to make the the LC gingerbread cream cheese tassies after Christmas.
There won't be a second before. My skinny sister, her newly-skinner husband, my cute smart 84-yr-old mother and my DH and I will eat an early LC dinner at my sister's, then sing at the Christmas Eve service.

Back home to finish all the things I should have finished prior.

3 homes to visit for Christmas celebrations tomorrow. None of them ours.
It will be fun.

Love to all of you!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #485
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ...

We had a great visit with Beth and Shawn..Dinner was pretty good, too..Repeat performance tonight. Dh mentioned last night he was supposed to bring cookies tonight
for the Christmas Eve service..So I made him help..We did LC..gingerbread cream cheese tassies and Jennifer's LC toffee stuff..

Your dad is where he needs to be, isn't he? Gotta heal up before he goes home. Will he be staying with anyone to recover?

Oh...now to make the coffee that the kids bought me..Roasterie's Decaf Christmas Blend. Do you KCity kittties ever buy that??

Here's wishing you all relax and enjoy the day before Christmas..Glad you are better, Buffy...
I will look for that. That sounds good. Need to look today to have for tomorrow morning.

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you!! Sandy, it was so good seeing you. I'm glad your dad is doing better!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #486
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Here it is, Christmas Eve once again. Wow, the years go by fast anymore.

Sandy, glad your Dad is better so you can enjoy Christmas with your family and him. Sounds like Carolyn, you and Gary have already started on your family get togethers. Judy, sounds like you have a busy, fun filled day coming up. Cindy, so sweet of you to check on him.

Sharon, are you still getting rain? Wonder if Debby is getting more snow? DD just told me that they are calling for rain here tonight, turning to sleet tomorrow which will make the roads a mess. Big cities, lots of traffic and bad roads are a very dangerous mix. We are supposed to go to DD's which is about 40 minutes away but we have a big truck and a hummer so will probably be able to go in one of those.

Didn't sleep well last night so feel about the same today but extra tired. But, should be able to sleep well tonight so it will be fine.

Finished delivery of my toffee, whew! Have some left and will package some up to take to DD's tomorrow for the guys. I am pretty sure I am going to Costco for my pies to take tomorrow, I could make them but theirs are so good and that is so easy , costco it is.

Weight still at 185.4 today. The past few days I have been making a pile of my too big clothing, I am sure I already mentioned that but it makes me happy!

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, my Christmas coffee will be our regular Maxwell house but I found some SF Davinci Kahlua to put in it. Whipped cream on top. Dh found a recipe years ago that he makes every Christmas morning that has a couple of liquors in the coffee, then whipped cream. It is very good but since I haven't had a drink since August, I think I will abstain. Probably would put me back to bed
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #488

Hi gang..

Busy Christmas Eve Day..Gary found out at noon today that he was in charge of the cookies/hot chocolate for tonight's Christmas Eve service (man in charge went out of town)..Luckily, his wife was in the car and we were parked at the grocery store. LOL..We found out that we only had 70 cookies coming (men in charge..not good), so we bought a bunch of cookies, then I got the ingredients for 2 ingredient fudge and a box of brownie mix, which I made Gary put together..LOL..All is well and the elves are tired..LOL..

Santa bought me an Iphone 5 today..I think he was jealous cuz he has an Iphone 4..But, I think I will enjoy it..a lot..And the batteries aren't falling out of the back..

Everyone have a blessed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #489
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay, Carolyn has the latest and greatest Iphone, you will love it!!!

Went to crazy busy Costco and got a pumpkin pie and was going to get a cherry, but they didn't have any. DD was wanting a chocolate pie anyway, so will make that from scratch tomorrow. Had to buy some regular milk, I just have almond milk and HWC around these days.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #490
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, I love my 5 but it is a lie that the battery is better. Still a great phone.

Also, will all of you pray for me tomorrow. I am making Dixie pie and I fear I may eat the whole thing!!: http://en.petitchef.com/recipes/dixie-pie-fid-458156

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 12-24-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #491
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh my Cindy, you poor poor thing, I will even go so far as to fly up there and eat part of it for you. That's the kind of friend I can be
Old 12-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #492
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh my Cindy, you poor poor thing, I will even go so far as to fly up there and eat part of it for you. That's the kind of friend I can be
And another reason why I love you!
Old 12-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wait! Wait! You all shouldn't be the only ones to suffer!
I am ready to board that plane and help you!!
You don't know me that well but Cindy, I am the kind of friend who will eat the pie and let you keep your 122 pounds at 5'7"!

Never in one million years will I weigh 122 pounds.
But I WILL help a friend who needs her delicious dessert shared.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #494

Merry Christmas ladies

What is your weather like?? Just cold here...30 percent chance of snow
Have a wonderful day!!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas!

Carolyn and I are so near each other - cold here too.
1-2 little inches of snow expected this evening.

My nephew and his wife must drive back to Edmond (just N of Oklahoma City) today and they have snow and ice.

Hope this day is merry and bright for everyone.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #496
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #497
Big Yapper!!!!

Merry Christmas my dear friends!
I was actually anxious to get on here b/c I just KNEW that MK would have posted a very very cute icon for Christmas and I wasn't disappointed!!! Love those MK.

Not very Christmas like at our house. Woke up to thunder and rain. It is cold, I will give you that but rain??? Supposed to turn to a mix of sleet and snow this afternoon which will make the overpasses and bridges dangerous. Afraid it will translate to wrecks for a number of people, I sure hope people are cautious. Yes, Oklahoma is getting it bad, would not want to be driving up there.

See Cindy, we will not let you down in regards to that pie, which btw, looked amazing! I can't remember ever weighing 122 lbs. I think when I graduated from high school I weighed about 125 and was skinny in looking back at pictures. Weighed in the 130's while in my 30's and that felt about right although I always thought my bottom half was too big.

Santa brought me yet another new low for Christmas. It wasn't in my stocking, it was on my scale of all things . 184.6. I was shocked, but I didn't give it a second try, I will say that. Not sure what my New Year's goal should be, I had reset it to 185. And, I know this whoosh has to be nearing it's end unless something is terribly wrong with me and if so, I will rush to find out once I hit 150

Don't know if we are still going to DD's or not, she had that tummy bug that little Bobby had on Sunday and may not feel up to it, nor, do I really want to get exposed to that. Will wait to make the chocolate pie until I hear from her.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #498
Always on, slightly off

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Merry Christmas
May our hearts be filled with adoration for all that Jesus brings into our lives & families today.
I'm so thankful for all of you & hope you have a blessed day.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #500
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Merry Christmas my dear friends!
I was actually anxious to get on here b/c I just KNEW that MK would have posted a very very cute icon for Christmas and I wasn't disappointed!!! Love those MK.
Thank YOU!!

And congratulations you skinny Minnie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Merry Christmas
May our hearts be filled with adoration for all that Jesus brings into our lives & families today.
I'm so thankful for all of you & hope you have a blessed day.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #501

Hi gals..

Typing on the puter is much easier than the Iphone5 above..

I loved Mary Kay's icon, too..Big old sugar cookies..

Cindy: My goodness, that pie looks like a candy/pie combo. Yummmy..One day won't matter..

Buffy: Send us some rain, please...We are soo dry..You are on a roll, my friend..Congrats on your weight loss.

Yup, Judy, we are going to get a few inches of snow..Our new pastor is from TX and they are really excited to see some white stuff..

One of the young men at church last night roasted some coffee beans for our coffee last night. He used an air popper to do it..He said it worked out best when it was leaning a little backwards, so the beans wouldn't go flying out the hole.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, it takes a while to get used to texting on an iphone, when I first tried it I thought, there is no way I can do this, but now it comes pretty easy. But, you really have to watch the auto spelling at times, it can make your texts pretty funny!

Ok, DD is going ahead with Christmas dinner, they are feel good and like they are over tummy bug. So, I made the chocolate pie to take, for some reason, my egg whites would not whip in my stand mixer, rewashed the bowl, beaters, tried again, no luck so finally pulled out my little one and voila, it worked . Other DD and DH have decided not to go, they have a houseful of company due on the 27th and are leery of going around where other DD and her family have been sick, I can't hardly blame them but will miss them. We will get together with them tomorrow after DGS 13 gets home from his Dad's house.

Then, it will be done for yet another of my 67 years of living and Christmas. Wow, how has that many years gone by
Old 12-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #503
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals..

Cindy: My goodness, that pie looks like a candy/pie combo. Yummmy..One day won't matter..

I remember it fondly from Tippins! I will get a pic of a piece of it ala mode tonight!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish we could get some flakes and call it a white Christmas! They keep saying we won't. Poor Oklahoma City and their 20+ car pile-up. They said it was a sheet of ice. Ugh. I do not have the most updated forecast for this evening, though. Maybe my wish will come true.

Love the cookies, Mary Kay!

Buffy I hope you get zero tummy bugs but lots of hugs and squeals from your Christmas outing today. We have a friend in Dallas who sent us a little video of snow in Dallas this afternoon!

Cindy's pie is still calling my name. I remember Tippins fondly, too!

Carolyn I still don't have a smart phone. It's next on my list.... hope you enjoy yours!

Debby - great thoughts on this day.

In a little over an hour we're off to DD32's and DS31 will be there, along with their little half-sister, aged 19. It's our third and final Christmas celebration today.

We are a little celebrated-out. HA HA!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #505

...Yes, I saw that on the news for OK City..I hate icy highways alot..

Brett's taking the rest of his "stuff" to his apartment..College books, etc..That is a good thing..Do your adult kids still have stuff at your homes???

We need some snowflakes, too, Judy..Frankly, I think it is a bit too cold to snow..

Oh..Prime Rib was the best one ever..It is hard to figure out which temp you like..I shot for 127 and probably should have gone a little big higher..still great.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #506

We had a wonderful day. My dad's is still in the hospital and probably will be for at least another day. He really hasn't even been up except to sit in a chair right next to the bed. He had to get more blood yesterday but hasn't seen a dr. in 2 days. They ordered the blood by phone but nobody came and checked on him. I guess because of the holiday. He's getting a bit discouraged, poor guy. We made sure he had visitors today so he wouldn't be quite so blue, but I'm sure it's hard being in the hospital on Christmas.

We had light snow all morning here but nothing accumulated. I guess we could still call it white???

The babies were so adorable to watch opening their gifts this a.m.. Especially Colton who is almost 2. And DD's prime rib was delicious!!! She does the method where you cook it for an hour, let it sit, cook some more, let sit and then rest and slice. WITHOUT ever opening the oven door. That's the hardest part, lol. But it's a wonderful recipe! And DS and his family got to come too. Youngest DGD was still feeling badly but didn't want to miss it. They didn't get to stay very long, but I'm glad they were able to make it.

The babies were absolutely perfect in church last night! We were all a little shocked!! But happy.

I'm glad everybody had a good Christmas and I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #507
Big Yapper!!!!

Good day after morning to all of you! I slept in, didn't really do all that much yesterday but I was tired.

Gals, I STILL have that sinus headache going on. I will finish out this 10 days of antibiotics and try to get in to get that chiropractic adjustment but if headache is still here then, will have to get in to see the Dr. I had an appt. for an adjustment today at 9:00 AM but our roads were icy so I will reschedule that. This weather won't last long here, but no need to drive on ice if I don't have to.

Ready for a meat and egg day after slipping yesterday. It did knock me out of ketosis and so I have to rein in quickly or I will be in the danger zone of slippery cravings. Funny thing though, I didn't wake up and want to eat carbs like I thought I would.

Sun shining on our snow this morning which is very pretty, looking out the window at least.

DS and his family are coming Friday so I need to get their room ready and bedding fresh. That room has been the toffee cooling room for the past month so still has containers and a little toffee that needs to be packed up for them to take home. Talked to DS last night and he mentioned the Wonder Horse on springs that he had when he was little and was excited to hear that it was still in the attic, said that would be going home with them this weekend, yay!!!

Carolyn, you asked if kids still had things at our house, yes, our attic still has lots of things that belong to the kids. We keep telling them to plan a day up there and take home all their things but it hasn't happened yet. If I were ever to buy another house it would have a high enough roof so that attic could be bigger and you could stand up in it. Most houses in TX don't have basements so the attics really get used for storage.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #508
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, so happy you had a wonderful Christmas day with all that has happened with your family members lately. Hope your dad is able to leave the hospital soon.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, how did you last and final celebration with the kids go? Hope you had a great time.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I admit our last celebration with the kids (and our new 19-yr-old!) was my favorite.

DH and I gave the 19-yr-old the same presents as DD32 and DDIL31. I am pretty sure she will be exchanging the collared golf shirt from DH but the older girls will not.

I ate wheat and sugar all day. I ended the day with chips - lots - and cookies and breads brought over by well-meaning (favorite) neighbor.

I do not feel well today and Buffy like you, do not crave a carb. I am happy to get back to normal. I'm kind of glad I don't feel so great because it's a good deterrent for me, however backwards that makes me! LOL

Sandy I'm also glad you had a good day. Carolyn I hope you still have time for us in-between playing with your new toy!!

Buffy your Christmas joy gets extended by having DS come on Friday!

Carolyn we only have a few things of our childrens'. Last year I gave them some of their "kid" items as Christmas presents. They LOVED them. I think coming from a divorced home they have no idea where lots of their childhood things are, or if they are still in someone's possession - just not theirs.

I got an order from netrition. One of the items I ordered was the DaVinci Chocolate syrup. It looks like a big thick gold plastic bottle of motor oil.

I must say, though I could tell it was artificially sweetened, it was really thick and I thought very good. But it had a lot of sugar alcohols so I don't know how frequently I'll be indulging. Check the nutrition label before ordering to see if it's OK before you order. If it is, I will chime in to say we all thought it was very good. Might frost the little cakes with this, or dip a couple of strawberries...

to all!