Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

What a beauty your new baby is..I think horses are sooo gorgeous..

It would be fun to have a meetup somewhere..Judy and I are only 90 minutes apart..so we could carpool..Maybe next time Buffy makes a NE trip...she can swing East..

Oh..I'll have to check out the Turtle Burn..I find with SB, the slower I go, the harder it is, but I have felt so much more "limber" and more muscular since starting this..Not like our Debby, but I'm getting there..

MK: You got our winds from yesterday..They were horrible..Today it is sunny and cold..

Glad Sandy's dad is on the other side of the wringer..Not fun..Praying for a speedy recovery.

The UPS man came at 9 p.m. last night..They must be exhausted..A few more presents to wrap..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #452
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Here we go. Lovely head shot!

Wow, horses are such a powerful animal! Beautiful Cindy!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Just saying hello before the whirlwind!
The house is beautiful and we are fairly-well planned, so everything should be a mess by dinnertime! HA!

Cindy - you and your new love are just beautiful.

Buffy you are making me laugh about the Slow Burn. I think if I want to ever see my goal, I'm going to have to exercise. I haven't exercised in 6 months. My swimming friends may not even remember me!

Good day to all and I'll look forward to "seeing" you later!
Still keeping Sandy and all her family in our prayers - as are all of you!
Hi Judy!
Never too late to start exercising again.
Have a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

Oh..I'll have to check out the Turtle Burn..I find with SB, the slower I go, the harder it is, but I have felt so much more "limber" and more muscular since starting this..Not like our Debby, but I'm getting there..

MK: You got our winds from yesterday..They were horrible..Today it is sunny and cold..
The UPS man came at 9 p.m. last night..They must be exhausted..A few more presents to wrap..
Hahaha... I need to do more stretching... we all have room for improvement, hey?

Love your new horse Cindy. So pretty.

I finished my shopping! PTL!
Getting ready for the potluck tonight. Such a busy week!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I ended up in bed for the afternoon, I picked up my new antibiotic and by the time I got my nails done, I was wiped out and my back was hurting. With my history of pneumonia, several times, I decided that rest was the thing I must need. Hope I am wrong, hate to be so whiney
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #455

Rest is what your body needed, Buffy..Do you get the pneumonia shot? Praying for getting your health back for Christmas.

Dh is helping me clean for the kids..PTL...He likes "lists"..so its all good...I can write..
Old 12-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #456
Big Yapper!!!!

Yep, when I felt that back pain, I knew I had to stop. Might be a false alarm but going to listen.

Bless Gary for helping!

Threw on a pair of my so called workout pants to run and get nails done they r all too big.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #457
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yep, when I felt that back pain, I knew I had to stop. Might be a false alarm but going to listen.

Bless Gary for helping!

Threw on a pair of my so called workout pants to run and get nails done they r all too big.
Good Lord, girl, I'm looking at your stats in your signature! Your weight is crashing down! WOW!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #458

Isn't Buffy our Biggest Loser for 2012..? I remember last year when she wanted to make it to Onederland for the New Year..She did it and then some...
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #459
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Cindy - Wow! What a beauty!!! Just gorgeous!!

Buffy - i hope you feel better!
And you are definitely The Biggest Loser!!!!
Congratulations!!!

And rest!!

Judy - that's what the new year is for - resolutions!!!

Debby - how was the potluck?

Carolyn - I ordered from Amazon Prime last night and it arrived about 2:00pm today!! Amazing!!
The winds stopped today and it's clear and sunny and cold - VERY cold!!

All my kids are finally home!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Rested in bed watching movies all afternoon, thank heavens for the luxury of being able to do that. Slept good last night, don't feel much different so far today but will see as the day wears on. Don't really have very much that has to be done so can get a lot of rest again today.

MK, so happy all your kids are home and thank heavens for Amazon Prime, love to shop using that site.

And thank heavens for this ability to finally get my body to the point it could let go of some of this hated weight I have carried around for a number of years now. Thanks for all of you gals and your encouragement and support. I lost yet another 1/2 lb as of this morning, but that I know is from not feeling well and barely eating last night. I just didn't feel like fixing anything so had a LC brownie that had been in the freezer, some peanuts and some SF jello. Am hungry for cold, and or fruity things, not much in LC land that fits that bill, or at least made up. Just don't feel like cooking right now.

Carolyn, yes, and I did have one false landing in May to Onderland, then left and had to wait to come back and stay. Was thinking when I woke up on whether to just bag up the majority of my clothes and get rid of them, or, put them in the attic in the worst case of if I needed them again. I just want to keep in my closet the few that actually fit right now. Most of my clothes I think I will just get rid of, not sure they would even be what I want if I would regain some of the weight. My life is different now and I dress so simply that I just need a few basics here and there. Hopefully after the New Year I can get to that chore and really clean out these closets. It has been hard in the past to get rid of things because they fit, I just had more than I needed.

Wondering how Judy's family party went last night?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #461

Hi ladies..

There is a wonderful sound upstairs..Dh is vacuuming... I'm making George Stella's pumpkin pie for tomorrow..so far, so good.

I need to weed out my closet, too...Keeping clothes simple is the best thing to do and having lots of things that match is fun, too..I'm a black and red person..myself..LOL.

Since we live in a tiny town and all the regular book stores are GONE, Amazon Prime is my new BFF..It sure saves time and gas, MK..Boy, that is fast service..I think the Amazon elves are really busy now..

Dh and I have some errands to run, then we will go out for lunch..(my idea, of course).
Picking up a Prime Rib for Christmas..There will only be 3 of us, but that is fine..
Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM   #462

Note to Buffy: A lady friend from church was feeling icky, too..She took a shower and was feeling funny, then fell after she got out of the shower and hit her head..Went to ER and
there are no broken neck bones, but there is swelling there..So, stay in bed...
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!
The Christmas Potluck went really well. I took a baked salmon. One fillet was seasoned with garlic & dill only (for me)! And the other with Sun-dried tomato dressing. Baked to perfection! But I was worried that I wouldn't get any, so was looking for tags to label the unseasoned one, so as to deffer people before I could get to it... finally just took mine... I ate my salmon & my salad & drank my own coffee... Didn't even look at the other stuff. But I noticed it on everyone else' plates, nothing I would of eaten. The salmon was so good & I was still hungry, so I had seconds. We had lots of laughs & good visiting. So, t'was good!

Buffy, I hope you heal up fast! Take it easy & let your body heal girl!
The clothes thing... I pack mine away in tubs, pull out the next size down (because I have them)! Pull out & try on what I would wear of that size & give away the rest. Then when someone the larger size is in need of something I have, I give it to them. My daughter took some of my best stuff of my largest size. I am far to frugal to get rid of it all. I also have a nice big storage room, so if it was causing clutter, I'd sure be passing it on sooner! Have fun with it! I love packing away the "too large" stuff & getting stuff that fits!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #464
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Ahhh, Gary and the vacuum running, a fine sound indeed!!!

Sorry about your friend from church and I can see how that can happen, a couple of nights ago I was very dizzy, that is what made me decide to call my Dr. again. Not having a problem with that so far today. Tried to get into a chiro for an adjustment but since I don't have a regular one and with the holidays, they are all booked up. Have an appt. next Wed. if I still need it.

The only thing I really have to do today is make 5 lbs of toffee, since that is all I "have" to do, I can manage that. Lots and lots of hand washing and thank heavens I am not sneezing. I am sure this is not contagious or I would cancel the order.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hi Everyone,

Buffy hope you can conquer that sinus stuff soon. It's no fun being sick.

Debby I have some large plastic boxes to store my can't fit anymore clothes in. I'm going to have to start working on that so I can get some room in my dressers. Thanks for the reminder.

Judy? You ok? How was your party?

Carolyn your prime rib sounds wonderful. I'm not sure what Prime is all about? Do you pay for that service. I buy a lot at Amazon. Wonder if it would be a good idea to have that?

Well woke up to raining like cats and dogs here. Our gauge is up an inch now. The fur kids are storing up as they hate getting wet. As soon as there is a reprieve I'm taking them both outside with a raincoat on.

Have a nice weekend and stay warm.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #466

Well, when I went upstairs to check on dh..he had forgotten to put the dirt cup back on the vac..What? LOL..anyway, I did redo the dark rug with the cat hair..LOL..

Sharon: Prime is wonderful...It's like $80 for a year and you get two day shipping (free) for most of their items..They have to be listed as Prime, though. Plus, you can watch
movies/tv shows on your computer free through Prime, too..

Only 5 pounds of toffee??? Take care, Buffy..

Off to cook some bacon for that broccoli/bacon salad for tomorrow..
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Last load of laundry is in the dryer and that is binging at me. check
Last batch of toffee is made and in the shut off, cool bedroom to set overnight. check
Kitchen is cleaned up and dishwasher running. check
Tomorrow I have to package and deliver 4 lbs of toffee and then, unless I get an order, that is all before Christmas. Will make DD's MIL a batch for when they come on Jan. 3rd but not until then.
Monday I will go to Costco for pies and put the gifts in their gift bags.

Hello Santa!

I don't have a final tally but I believe I have made over 80 lbs of toffee this year since right before Thanksgiving.

It has been fun but I am ready for it to be over.

I feel a little less weary today but now, I am off to rest for the rest of the day. This new antibiotic may be the one this crud was looking for.

Hope all your little elves are working hard to help each one of you out, even if they forget the dirt cup
Old 12-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #468

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well, sorry to report that my dad took another turn going through the wringer. After 3 days of getting blood transfusions they finally took him back into surgery late last night. Today, so far so good. Hopefully they were able to stop the bleeding. The first 24 hours should tell the story. He's still pretty sleepy plus he's on a morphine pump. He'll be in ICU until sometime tomorrow and then be moved to a regular room if he's doing well. Thank you again to all of you for your prayers and comfort.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Sandy, was so hoping he was past all that and further into recovery. You poor thing, I feel so bad for you, having to watch your DD go through this and you going through it as well. God bless!
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #470

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Well, sorry to report that my dad took another turn going through the wringer. After 3 days of getting blood transfusions they finally took him back into surgery late last night. Today, so far so good. Hopefully they were able to stop the bleeding. The first 24 hours should tell the story. He's still pretty sleepy plus he's on a morphine pump. He'll be in ICU until sometime tomorrow and then be moved to a regular room if he's doing well. Thank you again to all of you for your prayers and comfort.

So glad they went back in to stop the bleeding..Will continue to pray for him and getting his strength back. Did they think the bleeding would stop by itself????
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #471

Here is a mini-coffee cake from Ginny..

TWO MINUTE MICROWAVE COFFEE CAKE

2 tablespoons almond flour, Honeyville
1 tablespoon coconut flour
5 packets truvia
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter), melted
2 tablespoons kefir (or buttermilk, or just water)
water, (just enough for consistency)
Topping
1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour, Honeyville
2 packets Truvia
1 teaspoon xylitol
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter (cold)

In a cereal bowl that is microwaveable, whisk together the first 5 ingredients. Make a well in the center and add egg, melted coconut oil (or butter), kefir (or buttermilk or other liquid), and whisk together briskly until smooth. It will be stiff. Blend in enough water to make a cake batter consistency.

Topping: Blend almond flour, Truvia, xylitol, and cinnamon together in another small bowl. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until it is crumbly. Spread on top of batter.

Microwave on high for 2 minutes approximately. My microwave is 1000 watts and 2 minutes is perfect. Test for doneness. Cool a minute or two and serve.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2 servings (Per Serving): 304 Calories; 29g Fat (81.7% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : 3
Old 12-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #472
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Hi all,

Wow we had a great gathering last night. So much laughter and fun - good memories! And the memories are still all over our house. We got to bed about 2:30 AM (DD32 stayed and talked for awhile and gathered up dishes for dishwasher, etc.).

Woke this morning to go over to my mother's for an early Christmas with a niece who won't be here on Christmas day. JUST GOT BACK.

So tired. So tired. But I can think of worse things than this tired - all good.

Friend Buffy, I sure hope this antibiotic will work. And heavens to Betsy you have had the most fantastic weight loss!! What a great great thing.

Debby the potluck sounded like it went perfectly!

Carolyn your DH's sweeping sounds suspiciously like my own DH's. "Oh, did I forget to put that dirt cup back on?" They get an A for effort, I reckon.

MK I love thinking of your whole family together - Hope it is magical.

Sharon I think our brat pug is as spoiled as your fur babies. Why should they get wet alone when they can get us out there with them?

Sandy I'm so glad you were able to report, but I'm sorry for the news. Maybe I should be glad they found the bleeding and stopped it - just sorry your dad had to have another surgery.

Too early to go to bed, but I absolutely could. I think I'll wrap presents.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #473

Don't you all just love potlucks??? Ymmm..

Hoping and praying that Sandy's dad is much better tonight..

Kansas State is ahead of Florida..Brett and his friend are there at the Sprint Center..Hope they continue to win.

Gosh...Illinois lost to MO..Sandy is happy and MKay is sad..

I think Santa is buying me a new phone..I have dh's old, old flip phone and the battery keeps falling out of it, so I taped it in. Hmmm..I'm thinking dh will try to give me his old one and get the new one cuz this is what usually happens..But, not this year..LOL..Ho, ho, ho.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #474
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope Santa brings you a smart phone, I love my Iphone
Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #475
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone!
I really think this antibiotic is working, I feel a little bit better. Still a headache though, but not a really bad one. Have an appt. with a chiropractor on Wed. so hoping by then I will be even better and that will assist it as well.

Might take in a movie today, need to check to see what is showing. I have to deliver some toffee right near our movies so sounds like a plan.

DD#2, DSIL, Bobby and Ava flew to New York for a little taste of NYC Christmas. Ava was sick before they went, just got a text from DD that little Bobby had been up all night throwing up, so feel bad for them. They are flying home today. They did get in 2 days of lots of fun.

Weight was down a teeny bit more this morning. I can't believe it, just hope I don't pay for it by going into a long stall.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #476
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning all!
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
Sounds like most of you are busy.
Buffy glad you're feeling better & losing wt.
Sandy I hope your Dad is well on his way to healing now.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
We had quite a storm here yesterday and last night. I slept so good listening to the down pour. We may get more but so far this morning has been quiet. Doggies both had there relieving outside time, ha.

Buffy so glad your meds are working for you.
Sandy still sending positive thoughts your way for your Dad.
Carolyn and Julie stay warm.

It's going to be a warm cozy Sunday for me as well. See you later.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy the Amazing Weight Loser Right Before Christmas. I have planned that title for a new Christmas special.
Incredible!!!! And happy happy news.

We had so many people out sick in choir I panicked a little and asked my sister to please sing louder and recruited the soprano next to me to please sing alto.
I have no intention of nearly singing alone! HA HA!

Had fajitas and guacamole for lunch - not one chip, no rice, no beans, no wrappers! It was so good. I put sour cream on my steak/chicken/onions/green pepper fajitas.

Sandy I hope you can check in.

Sharon you get SO much rain! Sounds like you are able to enjoy it - and of course that's pretty much the key to everything, isn't it?

MK is enjoying her family.

Will check in later.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #479

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Dad is still doing better. He'll be in a regular room tonight. I think he'll probably go to the rehab center for a week or so to get back on his feet. They still haven't gotten him up yet so he has quite a ways to go to get back to normal. I'm sad he has to be in the hospital on Christmas, but I'm happy he's finally making headway.

And yes, Carolyn, they kept thinking the bleeding would stop on it's own. They were wrong, but hopefully it's fixed now.
Cindy came in again today to check on him. So thoughtful. Thanks again, Cindy and Merry Christmas to you.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm glad he'll be in rehab for a week.
They do good work to get them back on their feet.

Can't remember if you're traveling for Christmas - will you see your dad in the hospital on Christmas or need to be elsewhere?
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote