Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I love meatloaf too but eat way too much when I make it.

Cindy, hoping we won't see the OR again for quite awhile but glad you got your girl home safe before the storms.

I sure wish we could all meet up for a weekend slumber party after the first of the year. How fun!!!

I went to the party. Had a lot of fun, checked on Dad, he's doing well. Tomorrow is another day.
Thank you everybody for your prayers and concerns.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #392
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
DD is here!!

And I have everything finished!

Kind of . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
MK, DD is brave to make that drive and not knowing what the weather will be like as she heads home. Are all 4 going to make it home for Christmas?

Yes they are!!

DD made it here safely!
Now I have to worry about DS23 - Snow is supposed to come tomorrow or Thursday and he's going to try to make it home on Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Also, while Debby is googling the TV people you mention I know exactly who they are! Ah, not having lived in the wilderness and not able to do push-ups, but I sure know who the TV people are! My parents are probably really proud.

Mine too - I know way too much about TV . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Doctor's appointment went fine..No change in meds, which is good. Recheck in 6 months..
Now, the weight loss appointment will be after Christmas..LOL..

Anyone seeing The Hobbit???? Now, that will be a movie that deserves popcorn..

Yay for your doc appt!!!

And I'm going to see The Hobbit either tomorrow or Thursday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

I went to the party. Had a lot of fun, checked on Dad, he's doing well. Tomorrow is another day.
Thank you everybody for your prayers and concerns.

Yay!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Hello everyone!

Sorry I've been so absent here lately. Just been a lurker. Sandy I'm so glad your Dad has finished his surgery and is doing well.

The Hobbit is on my list to see as well as Les Miserables.

It's starting to be chilly looks like Winter is here. Have a nice evening hope to be back soon.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!

Happy for you MK as your brood gathers at your home, I know how much you love that. Love hearing about your family and seeing your pictures on FB.

Hi Sharon, good to hear from you too. The boards are slow this time of year with people so rushed and busy, but whoo hoo, wait until the first of Jan., they will be popping.

On the meatloaf, my old standby recipe called for oatmeal. I had come up with a LC recipe that I like using porkrinds and flaxseed as the binder instead of oatmeal but DH didn't like it, wanted my old one back. So, yesterday, I had 2 lbs of ground beef and was going to make 1 of each, well, by that time, I was tired and rushed so I just made the whole thing up using my old recipe that he likes. I had it for dinner and was happy to see that it did not raise my BS or knock me out of ketosis so again, what carbs were in that I seem to have been able to tolerate. AND, weight was down almost another lb this morning. The combo of not having much of an appetite from ketosis and being too busy to cook or think of things to eat has certainly helped in the weight loss dept. Yesterday for my first meal, I finally just had a protein shake, just was not hungry and couldn't stomach the thought of eating anything else. I did pick up some Jay Robb Chocolate flavored protein mix yesterday, think I will have that one today, made in my new little Magic Bullet, that thing is pretty neat, I had never had one before.

Today is delivery of toffee and probably pick up DGS after school. He plays the tuba and will have it so won't be able to ride the bus. If my SIL can't pick him up, I am waiting in case. I do need to make more toffee but it is very humid here this morning and not a good toffee day. You might have known, I finally washed my car. At least I have the guarantee that if it rains in 24 hours, I get a rewash!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #395
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

Exercise, hair, brows and final shopping today - before the snow hits!!!

Buffy -3 here and 1 to go!! Good for you on losing!!
DD brought home a plate of cookies from my SILs and nieces - so guess what i was snacking on last night?!

Sharon - me too - on both the movies!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #396

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Buffy...You are amazing...amazing.. I have a Magic Bullet, too..It is very handy, but it doesn't crush ice, but does a lot of things vey well..

Thanks for washing your car, Buffy..We need rain...LOL..

Hi Sharon...Glad you checked in.

Judy: Yes, we probably should have been doing those pushups instead of watching Happy Days, etc..LOL..

OT: Who was your favorite teenage heartthrob on tv? Mine was Paul Peterson of The Donna Reed Show...

Thanks for your Mark prayers...His wife says his color is good and he is in no pain..Well, I hope it lasts..usually after the meds wear off, the pain starts..but it can be controlled.

Thinking of my Sunday dinner with all the kids. Shawn is on a diet, which means, lowfat so I will combine lowfat with lowcarb..I don't think that will be too hard..

On the meatloaf subject, as long as I put in onion and green pepper, dh doesn't care
what binds it..LOL..I usually use flaxseed meal..Sometimes those Porky Pig Rinds taste funky..

Off to exercise, then read, then grocery shop..Have a great day everyone.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, you just saved me some time, I was wondering if the bullet crushed ice, darn that it doesn't.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #398
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
MK, so glad they made it in safe in front of the storm!
Buffy, I love Jay Robb protein powder. It is well made and really does taste the best. Let me know how you like it!
Going to the barn to see if I can get me saddle to fit the big girl. She is bigger and wider than Vic so it will be nice if I don't have to buy her another saddle.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

I have had the vanilla J Robb powder and it is really good. I am very picky about protein powders, don't like very many of them so although this is very pricey, it is worth it b/c I will actually use it. I make it with about 3/4 cup almond milk and 1/4 cup HWC to add some fat and calories to it. Who EVER thought I would be trying to up my fat and or calories

Can't wait to see a picture of the new horse!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #400

Buffy...I think if you have the ice cubes with the holes in them, it might crush that..But my rock solid cubes, it doesn't do a very good job..

Cindy: Let's hope you don't have to buy a new saddle..Wowza.. You need to post a picture of her...I wonder if she and Vic will become BFFs...
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Darn, why can't I ever remember how to upload pictures, I put one of Bobby and Ava in my album but can't get it on here. And, don't have anymore time to mess with it now. Maybe later.

Last edited by Buffy45; 12-19-2012 at 06:45 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, would crushed ice work?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
MK, so glad they made it in safe in front of the storm!
Buffy, I love Jay Robb protein powder. It is well made and really does taste the best. Let me know how you like it!
Going to the barn to see if I can get me saddle to fit the big girl. She is bigger and wider than Vic so it will be nice if I don't have to buy her another saddle.
I have a friend in real life who has horses - and another I've dropped contact - we were all working in the same place and now she's in Alaska () or was last time we talked.
She did dressage and seemed like she was buying and selling horses. I cannot imagine the expense.

My friend here who has horses decided she wanted to learn dressage and began to take lessons at age 45 or so - too late, she said, but she loved it and has some horses. I am sure she prefers horses to humans.

I bought 2 Jay Robb protein products before I introduced myself to you all. I learned a lot by stalking!! I bought an unflavored and a vanilla. Then I began learning more of the Barry Groves less protein and thought I'd never use them. And until Ouizoid's wonderful little cake/biscuit they've been taking up a lot of room - but I sure use them now!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #404
Major LCF Poster!

Mary Kay - when your last arrives, I'll be hosting my DH's family for a long chat and Christmas dinner (early, obviously). Our kids will be able to see cousins they haven't seen in awhile so that will surely be fun. I think all our kids are funny - I'm sure everyone does, it was just a big fat bonus surprise for me (step-mom).

Sharon I think I might actually go to a movie and see The Hobbit over Christmas - after all the kerfluffle is over.

Carolyn I always loved Andy Griffith - thought he was dreamy, on the OT post.

Buffy I am getting plenty of exercise jumping for joy over your effortless weight loss. If you weren't having such great BS #s I'd ask you to get a meter and check. Who loses all this weight right before Christmas while making toffee and putting oatmeal in their meatloaf??

I do have to wonder - some of us can surely tolerate carbs better than others? Or the number has to be very very low for some but not for all of us? OR we can do a little carb-cycling or calorie-cyling as Debby has earlier suggested? Will be fun to tweak as we go along.

More OT: I think my bio-identical hormones are allowing me to sleep better at night. My brain feels less worried, anxious, etc. I love sleep but have not slept well most of my life. I'm a worrier. It just feels far less pronounced now.

Buffy I have a ninja. I don't think you need ANOTHER gizmo as your bullet will probably do nearly everything. The ninja will make ice into snow. I must say - I have very little use for snow. I've used it that way once because I found some sugar-free syrups for snow cones. I made it once when it was about 105 degrees. It was fine, but nothing I couldn't live without. But hey! I've got 3 giant bottles of snow cone syrups if I decide I can't live without them!

I use my ninja for a dessert that I love. About 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, a splash of vanilla DaVinci, and a few dribbles of cream. Voila! Strawberry ice cream that is fantastic. Also good with blueberries - even combined. You could use almond milk too, but the cream is very good.

And I don't use a binder in my meatloaf and have never missed it. I might throw in a handful of oats next time to see if it makes a difference.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Buffy I am getting plenty of exercise jumping for joy over your effortless weight loss. If you weren't having such great BS #s I'd ask you to get a meter and check. Who loses all this weight right before Christmas while making toffee and putting oatmeal in their meatloaf??

Yes, and of course if you asked me to do it, I would, BUT not before I let this losing streak run it's course
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #406
Big Yapper!!!!

Enjoy your family gathering on Friday Judy. Sounds like fun, I used to like to host the family things until I got older and lazier.

I kind of wish I had gotten the ninja, I realized after I bought the bullet that the ninja was more powerful. I do have a vitamix but of course it is bigger and bulkier to pull out. But, you can make ice cream with that which is something I might pursue after the holidays.

I just made a chocolate J Robb shake with crushed ice and it worked great. That will be brunch. Very rich with the cream and the almond milk.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning girls,
I'm so happy to see everyone doing so well. PTL Sally!! Hope you have nothing but good news on your Dad now.
We went out for Chinese food last night, our son's 40th birthday!
I was able to get them to leave off all soy & salt from my broccoli & beef. It was good & didn't hurt me! We had a good time with son & his family.
Still need to get into the "mood" and finish our shopping. Just drawing a blank... Starting to catch up on the things I was going to get done last week-end.
Have a great day!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #408

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
They've moved my dad to icu. His bps and hemoglobin have drastically dropped. He's getting a blood transfusion, 3 units so far.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #409
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Talking about meatloaf makes me want to make some. I have always used egg for my binder but that was with bread, crackers or oats. Wonder now if just leaving the grains out will make it fall apart?? Hum like Buffy I'll need to experiment with that one.

Love Jay Robb. I use the egg white plain for making Maria Emmerich's bread. It gives a bread consistency to the rolls. I love the vanilla whey but would like to try the stawberry and chocolate for smoothies.

I have Dh hooked on the homemade mayo. I need to make up more of that today.

Sharon
Old 12-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #410

Quote:
They've moved my dad to icu. His bps and hemoglobin have drastically dropped. He's getting a blood transfusion, 3 units so far.
Oh dear..praying that they can catch where he is having the problem.. Scary..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh Sandy - thanks for the update, although scary.
At least you will have extra and more fervent prayers.
Love to all of you.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Talking about meatloaf makes me want to make some. I have always used egg for my binder but that was with bread, crackers or oats. Wonder now if just leaving the grains out will make it fall apart?? Hum like Buffy I'll need to experiment with that one.

Love Jay Robb. I use the egg white plain for making Maria Emmerich's bread. It gives a bread consistency to the rolls. I love the vanilla whey but would like to try the stawberry and chocolate for smoothies.

I have Dh hooked on the homemade mayo. I need to make up more of that today.
My DH is hooked on homemade mayo, too. Me too, as a matter of fact.

I don't know if there are bad ingredients in this, but my meatloaf has 3 ingredients: 2 lbs. ground sirloin, 1 envelope Lipton Onion Secrets or soup mix or whatever they call it now, 12 oz. Hood Calorie Countdown milk.
Stir until it is all incorporated, put in loaf pan (something to catch juices underneath) and in the spirit of old-school meatloaf, I do cover the top with ketchup for DH's sake. I scrape mine off for my own sake.

Ours does not fall apart.

Sharon is the bread you're making of Maria's this one? If not, which one - I'd LOVE the consistency of a dinner roll:

"HEALTHIFIED" SUB
1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (or 1/2 cup coconut flour)
5 TBS psyllium husk powder (no substitutes)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
2 eggs (4 if using coconut flour)
1 cup BOILING water (or MARINARA - for more Tomato Basil Bread!)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond, psyllium powder (no substitutes: flaxseed meal won't work), baking powder and salt. Add in the eggs and combine until a thick dough. Add boiling water or marinara into the bowl. Mix until well combined.

Form into 4 to 5 mini subs (the dough will rise and spread a little) or one large sub/loaf and place onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 50-65 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the bread cool completely.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Judy I'm doing the whipped egg whites, cream cheese and protein powder unsweetened. She has a video showing it on Vimeo but I don't know how to connect you to it on here. I like to make up the eggwhite rolls and make one pizza crust with it. It freezes well too.

I haven't made the sub roll yet but have the Jay Robb ph powder to try it. That will be what I'll try next. I want to make the cinnamon rolls with that recipe. Looks so good and I have a 8" round cast-iron pan to bake them in.

I'm heading for the store to get some Lipton's Onion soup mix to make your meatloaf recipe now. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sorry to read this Sandy. hoping for complete recovery.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Judy I'm doing the whipped egg whites, cream cheese and protein powder unsweetened. She has a video showing it on Vimeo but I don't know how to connect you to it on here. I like to make up the eggwhite rolls and make one pizza crust with it. It freezes well too.

I haven't made the sub roll yet but have the Jay Robb ph powder to try it. That will be what I'll try next. I want to make the cinnamon rolls with that recipe. Looks so good and I have a 8" round cast-iron pan to bake them in.

I'm heading for the store to get some Lipton's Onion soup mix to make your meatloaf recipe now. Thanks.
Looks like it might be this one? Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks, Sharon.

PROTEIN BREAD:
6 eggs, separated
1 cup Jay Robb unflavored egg white or whey protein
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Separate the eggs (save the yolks for a different recipe…creme brule???), and whip the whites for a few minutes until VERY stiff (I use a stand mixer on high for a few minutes).

Slowly fold in the whey protein and onion powder if using. Then slowly fold in the cream cheese into the whites (making sure the whites don’t fall).

Grease a bread pan and fill with “dough.” Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let completely cool before cutting or the bread will fall. Cut into 12 slices. I keep this bread in the freezer at all times to make sandwiches.

OPTION: Make bread into 12 buns on a greased cookie sheet.

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per slice)
White Bread = 80 calories, 15 carbs, 1 fiber, 3 g protein
“Healthified” Bread = 60 calories, trace carbs, 6 g protein
And here’s my progress through the recipe via pictures.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #416
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
God bless you Dad!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #417

Buffy..Yes, I think crushed ice would be fine for your protein shakes..

Hoping and praying Sandy's dad is okay.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Sandy, please keep us updated
Old 12-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Making Bread and Dough on Vimeo

Hoping this works for you to see it being made. She didn't use any onion powder but made it into mounds on a cookie sheet along with a deep dish pizza crust.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Yes! it worked! Thank you Sharon!