Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 08:57 PM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
LOL... Judy, I've never been the person to send cards out first. I totally love getting cards from long-lost friends. What I do though, is I answer each one after Christmas. If I'm inspired (like this year), I write a newsletter & then add personal notes to it, as I'm answering their cards. Works for us! However, the ones that always send out cards are thinning down! It is nice though, to get great family letters with wonderful pictures via e-mail.
OH YES!! I LOVE when people send pictures!! I cannot throw them out. I have kept all the cards with pictures.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Sandy..Sounds like a great day yesterday..Praying for your dad's surgery today that all will go well and he will have a quick recovery. I hope they keep him there a few days.
Is he going to be in Cindy's hospital?

Oh..MK: I think my sinlaw likes that brand of whiskey, too..It did ring a bell..

Dh and I got The Star of Bethlehem from Netflix..It is a great movie about the "star"..They have software that can trace the sky at any time in history and this man found out that the Star was really Jupiter and Venus together. Their paths had intersected for that moment in time. Of course, there was no pollution and the stars were lots more visible..

Debby: My brotherinlaw is a carpenter, too..So, this "new" house for them had to have a brand new kitchen, etc..

Cards? I send out 50 and usually get around that. I don't do local people..but people in my church put cards in our mailbox at church..That is nice..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #363

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thank you all for the prayers and support. He will stay in the hospital at least a couple days, maybe 3 days, depending on how he does. And yes, he'll be in Cindy's hospital. I'm going to keep my eyes open for her.
I pray they can get it all and that he'll be done with no further treatment needed. Please Lord!

I love that show Carolyn. I actually have the DVD. I find it so fascinating!!! I highly recommend it.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #364
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

I hope everyone has a great day ~ and that Sandy gets to meet Cindy!

I'm off to exercise, run a couple of errands and then hand out with DS20 - he MIGHT be up by then!!

Judy - I used to hang on to the pictures for years ~ then last year I started sending them back to people! How fun is it to get a picture of your 20 year old when he was 3! No clue if they liked them, but it removed them from my house, since I couldn't bear to throw them away either!!

Debby - I send out about 60 cards, but if people don't sent one back for a couple of years, I drop them from my list. So it does start to dwindle.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #365
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,
I forgot to get DH to take my picture, so had my GD take pics while we sang, with my iphone. Sorry, its not very clear. I had a red belt & huge red button ear-rings... hair in flip. It was funny, all the older folks loved my dress & complimented me on it... not thinking about it being in costume. DH included!

Have a wonderful day. Praying for Sandy, your Dad & family.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #366
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning friends! What is left of it, we made the trip to Austin, down and back yesterday and had a great time but were very tired when we got home and I slept in this morning. I do have a lot to do but will make better time rested than if I had gotten up early and been tired all day.

Sandy, sure thinking of you and your dad today. And, do hope you get to meet Cindy. Please let us know how things are going as soon as you have the chance.

MK, so glad one of your brood is home for you to enjoy and I think you said all 4 will be home? That will be great, I know how much you enjoy that.

Debby, you look precious, great that you have saved those clothes that you can wear now.

Carolyn, glad you fixed the damaged mailbox and we shall try to keep Judy off your road in the future .

Cindy, tell us more about your new horse? And a picture when you have time.

Our drive to Austin and back was good, traffic is always kind of heavy on Interstate 35 but wasn't any worse than usual. Birthday party was at son's MIL's house, she has a really nice patio and back yard and it was nice enough for people to be outside for most of it. Emily and her sister had fixed some yummy food and the there was a Thomas The Train birthday cake that Oliver immediately proclaimed "mine, my cake"! His favorite character right now. He got a tricycle from Mommy and Daddy and was loving it, can't quite reach the pedels but will soon. He came running to me as soon as he saw me, made my heart melt. I had eaten 2 truck stop hot dogs on the way down, hadn't had time for breakfast, then had some veggies, dip, a slice of cheese and 1 bite of cake at the party. The hot dogs filled me up and kept me from eating anything else that I shouldn't. Was rewarded with another 1/2 lb loss this AM, probably showing that b/c I slept so late but I will still claim it.

Today is get things put away from running around all weekend and more toffee. Have some orders to be ready for most days this week and a Christmas program to go to on Thursday for Bobby's (4) little school. For little Oliver's day care, they had a program but DS and DDIL didn't realize they were supposed to be there early for it and when they got there, Oliver's class were already walking up to the stage, so he missed being with his class, but, not to worry, when he saw the next class on stage dancing to a little song, he broke away, ran up on stage and performed with that class . So, he got to be in the program after all.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #367
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, my, I feel so lazy today. Need to get up and moving and getting things done, just want to veg today.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #368
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would have answered sooner, but Buffy's busy post wore me out!
Seriously and with love and admiration, my hat is off to you, you weight-losing little thing!

My 110-pound sister has confessed a few eatings of popcorn in the last 6 months. I'm starting to consider it....

MK that's a great idea to send the pictures to the original senders! Look for me on a show called "Hoarders"... kidding.
Can't wait to see if DS20 is ready to roam around with you!

Carolyn I'm going to do my darndest to stay away from that mailbox. It really got my attention.

Debby you look so cute! I have done that same thing, though - someone thinks they're "in costume" but I think they look great and say so! Honestly I'm 5 years behind in fashion anyway... Actually that blurry picture is how I like to be photographed - through a lot of gauze and vaseline on the lens, preferably!

Working today. But I'm going to take a minute to make one of Ouizoid's little cakes. I made one last night to take to the cantata. I thought they always served cookies afterward. They didn't! So my sister, brother-in-law and I sat out in the car happily/guiltily enjoying our little cake. Left a few bites for my mother.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #369

Hi ladies..

Judy..Gary really cemented it in this time, so be extra careful...

Oh..Buffy...How much fun you have with your grandkids... They do make Christmas special.

Debby NOW looks like Marian from Happy Days.. She does, she does..

Thanks for the headsup on those bags at the Dollar Tree..Really, really nice ones for $1.

Visited the older ladies from church..There are 4 who are 95. One is sharper than us, one is very close, and the other two are slipping..You just never know when your mind will slip.

Hope you see Cindy....I'm sure she will check in on your dad if she is working.

Tomorrow is my dr's appointment for my thyroid and hormones..I think she will keep me where I am med-wise..I will tell her about the Metformin that my WLoss Dr. put me on..

Nice day...I think I am done shopping..I love ordering on-line with Amazon Prime..
Old 12-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #370

Dad's surgery went well. He's still in quite a bit of pain though. We'll know the final results when the path report comes back in a couple of days but the dr said his liver looked good. So hopefully that's a really good sign.

I didn't see Cindy. She might still be out of town getting her new horse??
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #371
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh you may be right about her getting that horse.

I sure hope they take care of your dad's pain. I think that and being able to sleep well is such an important part of healing. Thinking of you all.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #372
Big Yapper!!!!

Waahhhh, my back hurts but I got 15 lbs of toffee made, pretty sure that and the 8 lbs I had left from Friday will fill my orders through Wednesday. Now, tomorrow, package them for the orders. I am tired, too tired tonight.

Sandy, so glad to hear things look good so far for your Dad. That is good news, I know it has been a hard day for you.

Judy, have you made the little cake in chocolate yet, oh wait, I think you posted over on that thread that you had. I think that is what I want to try next, or the biscuit version, I just need a little time to cook.

I have NO appetite today, not sure why. Had to almost force down 2 scrambled eggs for my earlier meal, now have some fish thawed out for dinner but sure am not hungry for it. Strange sensation for me that I have these days.

I love Amazon for online shopping. Just got an order today. Quick, easy and huge selection. I love online shopping.

Yes, Dollar Tree is great for wrappings, cards, etc. I never used to go in those stores, just thought they had a lot of cheap junk, sure glad I checked it out last year looking for tins.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #373
Big Yapper!!!!

Report back on your Dr. appt. Carolyn.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #374
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

I exercised and then DS20 and I went out to lunch and to the library.

DD26 has made it to Kansas City and spending the night with her Grandma.
She's driving home - and it was a long 12 hour day for her.
Snow storm in CO, but pretty clear through the state of Kansas.
She'll only have about 5 hours tomorrow.

Sandy - Yay!! I'm glad dad made it through surgery.
Now on to recovery!

Buffy - my youngest LOVED Thomas the Tank Engine!!
Sounds like a great time!

Carolyn - You just never know about when it's time for your mind to go - and some are sharp to the end!
I just used Amazon prime tonight!

Judy - let's all eat popcorn!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Continuing to pray for you, Sally. Hope you all rest well tonight.

Buffy that's so great that you're losing wt. so steady! And all the while making candy every day! You're amazing! Yeah, its kind of weird that I still have old clothes. Some of them are keep-sakes, but I really should be weeding things out even more.

Funny Carolyn ... every time you mention someone's name off of an old show, I have to google it to see who they are.

Thanks Judy, looked like you were "up to date" in your picture to me! But then, I'm not really up to date with fashion either. Although I have been buying new clothes this year. Still don't like a lot of the "new stuff" till its on its way out!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... we had some of the beef that we bought. It's really good! Yipee!!!

Last edited by DebbyL; 12-17-2012 at 10:03 PM..
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM   #376
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Everyone ready for another busy day? I need some more coffee, then maybe.

Today is running errands, delivering, and packaging. One friend is picking hers up at my house on the way home from work today and another tomorrow evening, that makes it even easier.

Finished my antibiotic and I really do feel pretty ok but that sinus headache has never gone away, and it is bad this morning. I am sure it is made worse by the fact that Tinker is now sleeping right beside my head in bed at night. He usually does that during the winter months??? No warmer there unless my head radiates a lot of heat but that is where he has sleeps these day. If I tried to shut them all out of the room at night we would be up all night to them trying to dig their way in under the door

Might try a chiropractic treatment to see if that would help.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

MK, DD is brave to make that drive and not knowing what the weather will be like as she heads home. Are all 4 going to make it home for Christmas?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn's doctor update is getting my attention - might not be much to report, but I'm interested.

Also, while Debby is googling the TV people you mention I know exactly who they are! Ah, not having lived in the wilderness and not able to do push-ups, but I sure know who the TV people are! My parents are probably really proud.

Looking for Sandy's update of her dear father, when she is able.

Buffy I am so tired of your headaches I want to cry for you!
You have a much better attitude than I would. When I don't feel well I take EVERYONE down with me!
But I do wish they could get your headaches GONE, not to return!

MK I am excited thinking of all your kiddos coming home!
And thinking of eating popcorn....only a little....infrequently.....
Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #379

Hi gals..

Doctor's appointment went fine..No change in meds, which is good. Recheck in 6 months..
Now, the weight loss appointment will be after Christmas..LOL..

Sandy: I think Cindy works just a couple of very long days a week..or every other week..But, she is probably getting her new baby settled in..Glad we have some nice weather for her.

Oh...I made some of Jennifer's fake toffee with chocolate..It is really good..You have to make the crackers first, then use them for a bottom...I will give you the link..

I would try a chiro, Buffy..I love mine..Hope your sinuses are better..Luckily, Alex sleeps at my feet in the middle of the night unless he is hungry, then he moves to my head with lots of purring..He would throw himself against the door if we shut it..

Glad your dd26 made it safely to KCity, MK..It is always scary when our kids are driving on the highways and byways..

DD31 is flying home from SLCity on Friday..It is a non-stopper, so that is good..We will see them Saturday night.

Sandy: So glad your dad is okay..Pain is so normal..they move all that stuff around your insides and cut things out..It hurts..but it does get better...Praying for speedy healing for him.

Hi to everyone... Time to start wrapping or bagging..I've got to get started on that.

Anyone seeing The Hobbit???? Now, that will be a movie that deserves popcorn..
Old 12-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #380

Here is that recipe...

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...to-inside.html
Old 12-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Thank you so much - my mom's favorite candy.
And so nearly kinda like toffee!!! Now I don't have to see if Buffy has a spare bedroom!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #382

Dad Update: He was much better this a.m. when I got there. Sitting most of the way up and eating breakfast. He said he woke several times in the night but that overall it was a pretty good night. I stayed with him until lunch time and told him to take a nap and heal up. I think they're getting him up this afternoon. I was pretty surprised that he was eating regular food already!!

I have a party to attend tonight which I didn't know if I was going to be able to make, but I think I'll go. It shouldn't be a late one.

That toffee sounds good!! And so do the crackers. I might try to find time to at least make the crackers before Christmas Eve, but I'm not betting on it, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Dad Update: He was much better this a.m. when I got there. Sitting most of the way up and eating breakfast. He said he woke several times in the night but that overall it was a pretty good night. I stayed with him until lunch time and told him to take a nap and heal up. I think they're getting him up this afternoon. I was pretty surprised that he was eating regular food already!!
SandyThank you for this - it sounds very promising!! If he's eating real food he must be doing well!

Quote:
I have a party to attend tonight which I didn't know if I was going to be able to make, but I think I'll go. It shouldn't be a late one.
Neither my DH nor I have conventional workplaces, so we don't have any mandatory parties we know we'll hate. Therefor, I am actually pretty happy if anybody invites us to anything! And I'm too lazy to throw one. I hope the party tonight lets you relax and maybe laugh a little.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #384

Sandy: Real food is good.. Go to the party and have fun...

No office parties for us either...I'm too lazy to throw one, too...LOL..

My good Des Moines friend's dh just got out of prostate surgery for cancer..He is 64..Please pray for a good recovery for Mark..Thanks..
Old 12-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #385
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Thank you all for the prayers and support. He will stay in the hospital at least a couple days, maybe 3 days, depending on how he does. And yes, he'll be in Cindy's hospital. I'm going to keep my eyes open for her.
I pray they can get it all and that he'll be done with no further treatment needed. Please Lord!

I love that show Carolyn. I actually have the DVD. I find it so fascinating!!! I highly recommend it.
Oh shoot, Sandy!! I missed you! I worked 24 hours on Sunday, then have been cooking for 2 days for a luncheon our department hosts for the OR. I work this Thursday next. Big girl is settled in. It was a long 10 hour trip home with frequent stops and I was so glad the weather held out! Not tomorrow as they are calling for snow here but not much accumulation.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #386
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Competition

Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Finished my shopping today and have all the gift bags I need. Now, need to get 2 of the gift certificates in the mail ASAP as they have to go to NE. Was stumped on DH until Sunday when he mentioned he wanted a new GPS, check, got it, done, finished.

Glad the Dr. appt. went well Carolyn, and Sandy, so glad to get the update on your dad. And, prayers for Mark.

Judy, have 2 spare bedrooms, come after Christmas though, one is covered with pans of toffee and containers and the ohter with gifts and wrapping. Both doors kept closed to keep the critters out. They won't bother a door unless they know a person is on the other side, that drives them nuts.

Got my dirty, dirty car washed while I was out. DH usually does it but has been lax on that lately

Cindy, glad your trip went well.

Picked up hamburger to make meatloaf for dinner tonight, and will have leftovers for a day or 2.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Competition

Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

Judy, have 2 spare bedrooms, come after Christmas though, one is covered with pans of toffee and containers and the other with gifts and wrapping. Both doors kept closed to keep the critters out. They won't bother a door unless they know a person is on the other side, that drives them nuts.
- - -
Picked up hamburger to make meatloaf for dinner tonight, and will have leftovers for a day or 2.
Stop describing my house!

My spoiled brat pug is the same - quite rude, really. If a person is on the other side of a closed door, she will make your life a living h-e-double hockey sticks until you do her bidding.
Don't know how she got so spoiled!

I am always happy when I make meatloaf. The two of us eat way too much at first, but it hangs around awhile at least - such a great leftover.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #390

Buffy....LOL..No competition..I think it took me 2 hours to make a 9 x 9 dish..No competition there..LOL.

We love meatloaf, too..I think that will be tomorrow night's meal and maybe it can last another day, too..Dh loved meatloaf sandwiches before we went LC..Of course, I could
always make some of that rye or other LC bread..