Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #331
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
<--hey! does that count?

I remember why I don't exercise at home. My brat pug was very excited to see me get down on the floor and could not stop kissing me!
Exercise averted! Thank you pug!

Buffy - send some toffee over!
Judy has been traumatized by a pug!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Debby: Pushups are very hard for me..I do the girl ones..LOL..and slowly. Be careful..I used to ski as a kid in NH, but no place in KS...Have fun painting, Debby..Or is your dh going to do it???
Yep, that's how I was my whole life... but I started doing them last summer & found that I could do them! Who knew?!
Kansas doesn't keep its snow long enough to ski on it, does it?

Quote:
Well I'm not sure what happened to me!

I was driving along in my Camry, sure, maybe a little faster than I should, and then out of NOWHERE somebody's rude mailbox post jumped out at me! I rolled my car, my airbag exploded... it was just a horrible evening.
Buffy I am about a half-inch away from requesting a business card and sending you postage to mail toffee to me! It is my very very very favorite candy. OK, I'm just going to simmer down for awhile.... I do not like hearing of your dh falling and hitting his head. What is it with guys and their not going to the doctor? We will just hope for the best and hope it is minor.
Debby if I were skiing on ice I would be CRYING (which I have actually done before! ).
You're so funny Judy! Watch out for those mail-boxes!
Yeah, Skiing on ice is a bit scarey alright. Glad the snow covered it & made it slower.
Quote:
Oh..Buffy..popcorn is my downfall..but good for you and your bloodsugar..
Anyone want to see The Hobbit? Some of our church friends went to the 12:15 a.m. showing..It was 160 minutes long..but Hobbit fans loved it.
I used to eat popcorn all the time too. I could start again, but am kind of afraid of all the carbs. DH eats a big bowl of it at least once a week.
I just heard about the new Hobbit movie today! Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Debby - pushups aren't easy, but start slow - just 1 pushup. And do that for a while, then do 2. Shoulder presses help with strengthening those muscles too!
Have fun painting, Debby..Or is your dh going to do it???
Thanks Mary Kay, I'm up to 60 push-ups front & 60 backwards. Have been doing them since June, I think... funny though, that the flex has discovered some other muscles that need work. LOVE that!
DH painted. I don't do any of that stuff... the smells are too hard on me & my talents don't include painting...

Quote:
Popcorn will surely be served in heaven, followed by toffee.... with no consequences.
MK and Debby I am pretty sure I cannot do one pushup.
Popcorn in heaven!
Judy, you'd be surprised how fast you can condition yourself to push-ups! And if you had upper arms like mine, you'd want to start.

Hi Ya'll!
I had a busy day shopping also. We picked up the top for the desks, stuck with my same color-theme that I always do. Should of gone for another, but was scared!
Opted for running the dog behind car & doing my exercises inside... too much cold weather for me today.
Its sure fun coming here & reading about all of your days!

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #333
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

Thanks Mary Kay, I'm up to 60 push-ups front & 60 backwards. Have been doing them since June, I think... funny though, that the flex has discovered some other muscles that need work. LOVE that!

60 pushups!!
Wow!!

What are backward pushups?

All I do are these:

Are these backward push ups?

Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess its also called reverse push-ups. I use a small book-shelf & put my legs out straight, lower body... it really works the back of the arms. Although the picture you put here looks like it would be an advanced form of same... It hurts bad enough!! I thought I made it up, but have actually seen them do this on TV also.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Good morning..

Debby..You are very strong, my friend. I think I have rubber bands for muscles in my arms. Although, since doing SBurn, they are a bit larger rubber bands. I think I might be able to do one real pushup if I tried really hard.

Popcorn and fritos are my drug of choice. Honestly, I can't stop eating them once I start. It must be a corn thing. So, I do avoid them like the plague.

152...eeek....Have a funeral dinner today..The menu is lasagne, bread, and salad. I am bringing an Atkins bar to have with the salad.

I have got to get wrapping...Anyone else need to do that??

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Debby, wow, you are really doing some great workouts dear friend! Making me feel very very lazy here.
Carolyn, we have cut back so much on gift giving in our family that there isn't much to wrap these days. And, I use the bags, so makes it very easy. In fact, I need to decide exactly what I need in the way of bags and make it over to The Dollar Tree, good selecition and only $1.00 each, some are 2 or 3 for a dollar for the little ones.

Yes, that is a very carby lunch they have planned for the funeral. Eat a good breakfast and take your bar along.

Well, dear friends, I would love to announce that I have joined the 20 lb club!! A new low this AM of 188.8, exactly 20 lbs since I started on Dec. 3rd. I looked up the small bag of popcorn I had yesterday and with what else I ate, my total carbs were a little less than 50, so it seems I dodged another bullet. Just don't want to make that a habit. But, I do think I will allow a few more carbs than I have been having, just making sure to stay in ketosis and see if I can continue to lose. More veggies and some berries, I have only seldom had any berries since starting.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #337

Buffy........We are all sooooo happy for you..That is amazing, amazing... You are in the 80's...Maybe the popcorn helped..LOL..Hurray...hurray...

Good idea on The Dollar Tree..we have one here..
Old 12-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

Thank you so much, I can't hardly believe it Carolyn, it has been so long since I have weighed in the 180's, I don't even remember when it was. I can remember weighing in the 170's about 20 or so years ago, then it went up, up, up from there. The diabetic meds and now the LC, keeping my BS low is the key I truly believe.

Check out your dollar tree, mine had a large row of bags.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
I guess its also called reverse push-ups. I use a small book-shelf & put my legs out straight, lower body... it really works the back of the arms. Although the picture you put here looks like it would be an advanced form of same... It hurts bad enough!! I thought I made it up, but have actually seen them do this on TV also.
Wowee, Debby - You are very strong! After what you have been through, it sounds like you are healed!! How wonderful.
Quote:
Good morning..

Debby..You are very strong, my friend. I think I have rubber bands for muscles in my arms. Although, since doing SBurn, they are a bit larger rubber bands. I think I might be able to do one real pushup if I tried really hard.

Popcorn and fritos are my drug of choice. Honestly, I can't stop eating them once I start. It must be a corn thing. So, I do avoid them like the plague.

152...eeek....Have a funeral dinner today..The menu is lasagne, bread, and salad. I am bringing an Atkins bar to have with the salad.

I have got to get wrapping...Anyone else need to do that??
HAHA! 152 is my lowest low and I am still glad to see it occasionally! I'm still waiting for all the hormone and thyroid medicine to balance out. I actually slept 8 hours last night. I love popcorn, too. When I get to goal, I might have a little 2 or 3 times a year. I hate saying "never".

We mostly give money. We're in the process of working to win over my step-kids' littlest sister who is 19. She was raised by her dad (mom was drinking) with whom we were good friends. He died last year and we want to eventually be her "home". Obviously she's firmly acquainted with us, but holidays and not having her dad, etc. are difficult and we want to tread lightly. We'll have Christmas morning at my DD32's where 19yrold will be staying on her Christmas break. So we got her a Keurig mini she really wanted. Only thing that needs to be wrapped so far! (I'll start worrying later - when it's nearly too late)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Debby, wow, you are really doing some great workouts dear friend! Making me feel very very lazy here.
Carolyn, we have cut back so much on gift giving in our family that there isn't much to wrap these days. And, I use the bags, so makes it very easy. In fact, I need to decide exactly what I need in the way of bags and make it over to The Dollar Tree, good selecition and only $1.00 each, some are 2 or 3 for a dollar for the little ones.

Yes, that is a very carby lunch they have planned for the funeral. Eat a good breakfast and take your bar along.

Well, dear friends, I would love to announce that I have joined the 20 lb club!! A new low this AM of 188.8, exactly 20 lbs since I started on Dec. 3rd. I looked up the small bag of popcorn I had yesterday and with what else I ate, my total carbs were a little less than 50, so it seems I dodged another bullet. Just don't want to make that a habit. But, I do think I will allow a few more carbs than I have been having, just making sure to stay in ketosis and see if I can continue to lose. More veggies and some berries, I have only seldom had any berries since starting.
This is like a Christmas present!!!!!! I could not be happier for you!! You have really worked this and still been able to enjoy your food and your life and even spread the knowledge to one of your DDs. This is such a blessing. Merry Christmas Buffy!!

Quote:
Thank you so much, I can't hardly believe it Carolyn, it has been so long since I have weighed in the 180's, I don't even remember when it was. I can remember weighing in the 170's about 20 or so years ago, then it went up, up, up from there. The diabetic meds and now the LC, keeping my BS low is the key I truly believe.
So good to learn from my friends on this board - I am sure you are right about the BS.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #340
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, how nice of you to want to include the 19 YO into your home and so she can be complete with her siblings. Does she have any other siblings? Wow, that is really hard to be her age and losing the dad who raised her. You are a good Mommy!

Yes, when I got on the scale this morning, I thought "Santa Came Early"!!! Seems like several of you weigh around 150 and you all look perfect to me, maybe some day I will join you there. Now, ya'll wait for me, ya hear???
Old 12-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Morning!
Congrats Buffy So happy for you!
That is a very low carb count. I've tried adding a few blueberries now & then to my diet, and found that I get "hunger signals" afterwards, so they put me over the carb mark, I guess. Its great that you have that ketosis measure to keep it in check.

Watching news today, so sad. Heart-wrenching. For all.

Carolyn, I need to BUY the gifts first!! Then I'll have that chore... hoping to decorate the house a bit today too. But have a list of things I'd like to accomplish today that is enough for 3 days...
Have a good one gals!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #342

Well, the mailbox is up..Thanks to dh, ds, and a kind neighbor.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, how nice of you to want to include the 19 YO into your home and so she can be complete with her siblings. Does she have any other siblings? Wow, that is really hard to be her age and losing the dad who raised her. You are a good Mommy!

Yes, when I got on the scale this morning, I thought "Santa Came Early"!!! Seems like several of you weigh around 150 and you all look perfect to me, maybe some day I will join you there. Now, ya'll wait for me, ya hear???
I am a good wanna-be mommy! My "kids" indulge my mom fantasy.
The 19-yr-old is just a doll. My dd32 and I are constantly scheming for long-term ways she'll just naturally find she has a family waiting....
Her siblings are much older, though, so I think she finds that comforting in itself.

Buffy apparently I AM waiting for you at 152! No need to rush!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Well, the mailbox is up..Thanks to dh, ds, and a kind neighbor.
Sorry about that....

But glad it's back where it should be! Did you get a little rain yesterday? We did - maybe made it easier to dig around for the mailbox post?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Carolyn, I need to BUY the gifts first!! Then I'll have that chore... hoping to decorate the house a bit today too. But have a list of things I'd like to accomplish today that is enough for 3 days...
Have a good one gals!
The closer Christmas gets, the more I am hoping all the kiddos are happy with money.

Oooh! One thing I got dd32, at her suggestion, was a package of 4 massages.
Kids today really like to get pampered, but I honestly think a good massage is a healing, restorative thing if you like it - not everyone does, I know.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #346

We got a tiny bit of rain yesterday, Judy..

Oh...there is a picture of Cindy's new big horse on the PG under Horselovers..She is a very beautiful gal. No, it was on Facebook..

Last edited by CarolynF; 12-15-2012 at 05:44 PM..
Old 12-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #347
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Cleaned a bathroom, went to see Hitchcock, went to church and home alone having popcorn and Maker's Mark for dinner!

Buffy - that's fabulous!!!!! So proud of you!!!

Judy - great ideas!! And you're a great mom!!!

Debby - so impressed! You are so strong!!!
60 pushups!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Ya'll
Well, today was one of those days where you have to lay aside your plans & go with the flow. DH started bringing in the cupboards for the office, which meant that I had to help & move everything out & back in. All my stuff was all over the house, and half of it still is. It was a full day, and only half way done. Funny how you always think you can accomplish so much more than you really do.
Had a fun visit with my neighbor while the pups played outside. So, it was good for Shelby, since my exercise time got swallowed up in the mess too. She checked out my Flex-force & really likes it. Think she might buy one too.
DH also picked up the beef that we bought. Turns out that the side was a big one! 330 lbs! Hope its good, cause we've got LOTS! Shelby's enjoying one of the soup bones... now there's a way to keep her happy while we relax!
The upheaval of "my room" got to me a bit, but didn't let on. Hoping to feel better tomorrow, for our 3rd Choir performance. I did get the rest of the vacuuming done, as well as a whole bunch of dusting in the office... amazing how dust builds up!

Tomorrow's going to be a marathon day. So many events to attend. Hopefully will have energy to go to them.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #349

Hi everyone..

Debby....When I redid my bathroom, it took lots more time than I thought it would..Those redecorating tv shows are deceiving. Be careful and take a rest when you can.

Poor KSU got beat up by Gonzaga last night..

MK: What is Maker's Mark?

Judy: A massage is such a great idea..and it keeps on giving..

My exercise ladies always go for massages all the time..I guess I am too cheap to do that..

Have a great day..Making those cookies that are pre-made in the little squares for a new church member family. So easy and good..I think I got Macadamia Nut/White Chocolate Chip. No tastings for me.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #350
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning. Quick note before I jump in the shower and then get finished up to leave to Ollie's birthday. Will be a long day of driving down and back but have too much to do to spend the night.

MK, what a dinner, popcorn and MM,

I am tired b/c I went to the local casino to a Christmas party yesterday and stayed later than I should have last night, and, all the smoke gave me a headache of course. One man was smoking a cigar and man, did that thing stink up the place. Yuck!

Debby, your office will be nice but that kind of thing is a LOT of work.

We had rain day before yesterday, much needed and very welcome.

Weight up less than a lb but still in the 180's. Judy, nice offer but doubt you wait that long for me to catch up
Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Holy moly MK - the perfect dinner!

Debby my office is depressing. The type of work I do actually requires real paper and files and if you go into a petroleum landman's office and they don't have stacks of files - they aren't busy. I am busy. So... depressing office. I NEED CABINETS. I have a couple of big file cabinets (not pretty) but I need cabinets so I can put things away and not have to see them.

But what you are describing is pretty much why I have not added cabinets and re-done this office... Not sure I could stand the upheaval.

We went to a Christmas party last night, but left at a very OK time - 9:30 or so. Singing at church. Worried an unexpected song will be requested due to the Newtown tragedy... Cantata tonight. (Maker's Mark afterward? Why not? )
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So nice to be among friends who know what I'm talking about!
I got a new computer 5 months ago... big deal! Then last month we cleaned out & organized several shelves in office to fit the old tv (got new one downstairs)... another big deal! Takes me a while after each of these "big deals" to organize my mind & FIND all the papers that I need to work on... OK, so it wasn't as big of an ordeal to move stuff out (because of the clean-up 2 months ago). But still...
Me too Judy! My dh is a busy carpenter, so I have lots of papers & files all over the place. Plus file cabinet. Sorry to say, my filling system sucks, but I manage...Anyway, this is what the driving force behind his renno's, so the office will look better all the time. There's probably going to be a sad "dawning" on him, once I settle in. I really don't think its possible to keep it all hidden.
Thanks Buffy & Carolyn, you're right, it always takes longer. That's what my dh does for a living, so we've done this sort of thing so many times. It just bothers me more when its my "space" I mean, office.

I'm not sure what's going on with me today. I felt like I was getting the stomach flu last night. This morning I'm just a bit off... going about trying to get ready for a really busy day, & see if I make it through.

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #353

Oh, Debby..Tell me your town again...Dh was going to look it up on his map..He said that there are lots of trees/country up there..LOL..

...and the tummy flu is going around here, too..I have avoided it so far..I think it is because I am always in the bathroom when I go shopping and out, and my hands get
washed a lot..LOL..One year I got it 4 times..It was horrible, horrible..

Okay..Mexican restaurant for lunch..I ate very few chips..I told dh and ds that we would only have one small basket of chips..and they complied. Ds has lost 23 pounds since March..all due to LCing and riding his exercise bike..
Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #354
Princess Proofreader

Warm, cloudy day today! I've dusted and vacuumed and wrapped presents, and done laundry, and walked the do (twice) and I think I'm almost ready for Christmas! I just need to finish the Christmas letter, copy it and get it into the cards. Find something for my MIL and get her present in the mail . . .

Carolyn - Maker's Mark is whiskey - my favorite brand!!

I also had a cupcake for dessert . . . .

But it's back to a protein day today.

DS 20 is on his way home. I'm making cookies for him and for one of the sororities down the street!

Debby - I'd love to have a carpenter in the house!!!

Judy - I know we'd be friends IRL!!!

Buffy - How was Ollie's birthday?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 12-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Warm, cloudy day today! I've dusted and vacuumed and wrapped presents, and done laundry, and walked the do (twice) and I think I'm almost ready for Christmas! I just need to finish the Christmas letter, copy it and get it into the cards. Find something for my MIL and get her present in the mail . . .

Carolyn - Maker's Mark is whiskey - my favorite brand!!

I also had a cupcake for dessert . . . .

But it's back to a protein day today.

DS 20 is on his way home. I'm making cookies for him and for one of the sororities down the street!

Debby - I'd love to have a carpenter in the house!!!

Judy - I know we'd be friends IRL!!!

Buffy - How was Ollie's birthday?
Carolyn congrats on the self-restraint!
I could live on chips and queso and guacamole and salsa.

MK your house sounds like my actual idea of what it should be like in a house the week before Christmas - people arriving, only a few presents left to wrap, the house is clean.... Maybe someday.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #356

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We had a wonderful day yesterday. DH had to go for a blood test first thing, then we went for Mexican breakfast. After that we headed down to Union Station to see the Holiday Express train. The line was already sooooooo long, at 10:30 am! that we just looked around at all the pretty holiday decorations in the great hall instead. Then we went over to Crown Center and window shopped and shared an iced sf vanilla coffee. Later in the evening we took our DD, DSIL, DGD23 and her best friend out for dinner. It was a great day!!

Today I fixed almond meal pancakes for breakfast and we went to church and then for a walk. And not much else, lol. I did do one of those new gel manicures on my nails. I was so afraid I was going to mess it up, but they look pretty good. I'm sure I'll get better the more I do it and I'll save quite a bit of $$ doing them myself. And time.

Tomorrow is my dad's surgery. Poor guy has had another prep day today to prepare. Ugh!! He said this one was much worse than the one last week. Amazing what all has happened in just one week.

I bought everybody one gift and am giving them all $$ for the remainder. I hope there are no complaints. I still have to go to the bank and get it and then sort it and put it either in gift envelopes or small gift bags.

Today was the annual cookie/candy making day at DD's house. I bowed out this year. I just didn't need all that temptation for one thing, plus I wanted to save my back for the day at the hospital. I always end up with a terrible backache at the end of the cookie day.

Buffy, I'm so thrilled for you!! I have to be honest and tell you that you had me a little worried this week. But it looks like you dodged that bullet and look at you now!! That has to add even more motivation for you too.

I weighed 145 this a.m. which is the top of my "cushion" so time to tighten the reins for the next couple days. I did have a high salt day yesterday so hopefully tomorrow I'll drop back into my mid-zone.

I feel like the Grinch this year. I don't even have a tree up!!! I do have a wreath on the door though, lol. Our neighbors have a sign on their porch that says "This is just about as merry as we get". I told DH I need one of those, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals!
Sally, praying for you all.

Busy day for me today. Wasn't sure if I would be doing any of it, thought I was getting that flu. But made it to all the events. Choir, church, potluck & baby shower. Whew! got home just in time to work out.

Yes, I am blessed to be married to a carpenter. We'll both be glad he can work on the office while I'm at work.
I don't have any Christmas decorations up yet either & very few presents. But that's normal for us. It'll come together though, it always does! Christmas is all about Jesus! Take a deep breath & rest in His grace. Maybe we'll discover a "better Christmas" then the super-duper-commercialized Christmas!

Blessings all around!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #358
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - Love that sign!
I'm not decorating that much this year either.
The tree is up but I need at least 3 kids here to decorate it!

Good luck to Dad!! Prayers for you too!

I hit 125 today - my top weight too.
Time to be good!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy that is a funny sign. So glad you had a good day today. Tomorrow will be a trial. Praying for you and all your family!

I will weigh tomorrow to see what damage I've done.

Debby I thought the same thing - it'll all come together as it should in due time. My decorations are up and I think we're mostly handing out money, so.... done! Not really, but close enough.

Every year since my dad died (2008) I think, "We'll skip sending cards this year." Then we get cards from friends and family and I feel guilty and sit down and do all the cards. I have had lots fewer cards this year - have you all had fewer cards?

MK and Sandy, I already know you two will reign it in while I'm still fighting myself to lose! I enjoy being part of a group who knows how to reign it in!!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... Judy, I've never been the person to send cards out first. I totally love getting cards from long-lost friends. What I do though, is I answer each one after Christmas. If I'm inspired (like this year), I write a newsletter & then add personal notes to it, as I'm answering their cards. Works for us! However, the ones that always send out cards are thinning down! It is nice though, to get great family letters with wonderful pictures via e-mail.