Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
NOVEMBER'S THANKFUL LOSERS' CHALLENGE

Starting us off for the month of November..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Carolyn! I believe I'm down 2 pounds (probably thanks to thyroid medication!)
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #3

Yeah, Judy..
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #4

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Weigh in results:
Oct 1-142 (weighed in early on Sept 28 or 29 as I was gone on vacation the 1st.)
Nov 1-144 (with my high weight this month being 146.8 and my low being 141.4)
So still pretty much maintaining within my 5# window except the jump above 145 one day.

I'm really concentrating on trying to keep my protein lower than normal and my fats higher. So far so good. My calories are over 2000 a day so far, but I've been losing?? So we'll see what happens.
This month is going to be challenging for us all, I'm sure. And the next one too.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Weigh in results:
Oct 1-142 (weighed in early on Sept 28 or 29 as I was gone on vacation the 1st.)
So still pretty much maintaining within my 5# window except the jump above 145 one day.

I'm really concentrating on trying to keep my protein lower than normal and my fats higher. So far so good. My calories are over 2000 a day so far, but I've been losing?? So we'll see what happens.
This month is going to be challenging for us all, I'm sure. And the next one too.
Sandy, I am looking so forward to the rest of my eating life because of this group.

I didn't even want to start eating low carb, much less this new-fangled eat more fat business. Low carb is daunting - there is very little support in the real world for this WOE.

You all have lost it and maintained. Thanks to all of you and thanks to the newer people like me who are eating well, NOT HUNGRY (the key component of this for me) and all who are still learning and still sharing their time and talented attention.

I am very grateful to all of you.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning
November already!
  • October 129
  • November 127.5
Things have been going really well. I have experience "hunger" a few times this week, and notice my calories are on the low side. Need to "tweak" that.
Getting my thyroid meds regulated is my "project" this month. The adrenal stuff is going really well. Now without needing nap in the afternoons I need to figure out some way to schedule that time... have been getting caught up, and shopping longer. Oh my, what a dilemma!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
What great posts today to start us off in our Thanksgiving month. I too, am very thankful for this group of friends, I have been lucky to have been a part of for a long time, and as always, they are there for me as I have fallen in and out of doing LC. Happy to have our newer members as well, you add so much to our little gang of losers.

My Oct 2 weight was 198.2
My Nov. 1 weight is 194.4

I had a hungry night last night and was very very tired when I got home, not sure why except it might be my hormonal swing that still occurs and I have given up keeping track of. It just comes and goes and I have certain symptoms that happen each time, so I know that is what is going on. Anyway, I went ahead and ate until I was full, so calories up about 200 over my usual, all LC but even at that, my carbs were at 28 I think, which is pretty high for me. I had liver and onions and didn't skimp on the onions. So, this morning, I check my BK and they are only 0.3, which is below optimum levels. I had plenty of fat yesterday so the onions are the only thing I can blame it on, or the hormone swing? Not sure, but, just know I have to be in very tight control today to bring it back in line and will watch those onions in the future. EAch day is certainly a learning experience when you really pay attention.

Last night was harder on DD's with kids, trick or treating, all that candy around but they did good. One did not give in at all, the other said she just had a few pieces, but I told her to be very very careful today, we all know what that can lead to.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
October - 275
November 1 - 280

Time to watch the calories!

Have a great day ladies. No kiddies last night and just one cannon shot. Sent my little one on a shaking frinzy for a little bit. This weekend is the time change.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's brand-new Linda who is making me pay closer attention to my numbers. I have baked more than I need to and I do find it hard to measure those numbers closely.
I still think I'll be able to afford the pumpkin bake and some cheesecake muffins, so I'm not worried. I just need to be more diligent and possibly lay off the almond flour for a little bit to see how that works for me.

Sharon we're all in this together! I'm with you watching calories a little more closely.

Buffy, I am positive I wouldn't be able to lose on Darin's numbers for me - 90g protein and 1900 calories. I'm sure I'd be pretty HAPPY but I don't think I'd lose.

I'll take Carolyn's doctor's recommendation of around 1300 calories and I'm going back to my swimming classes. We'll see how that works out.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

I have to say Judy, I was shocked to see how high your calories figured out to be, wondered if you would go with that. It might work, Red is doing well on the higher calories, but he is a guy, so that makes a difference. Part of me wants to go with the higher calories but most of me is scared to do so. I have settled on trying to keep mine below 1400, some days they might go to 1600 but some days they are as low as 1100+. That is really a comfortable level for me, I would have to eat more than I am hungry for to get to the higher numbers. I have thought about just doing it for 2-3 weeks and see what happens, but so afraid I will gain, or not lose anything, then I will feel like I have wasted that time I could have been losing. Oh, it is soooo tough to figure out. But, he is right, anything I have read or listened to lately, says to not worry at all about calories. Of course, that could also mean, eat until you are comfortable and don't worry if you calories are only 1300? Hmmmm.

I worry about the baking and using almond flour too, but, I also want this to be something I am willing to live on and with, and that would include some baked goods, treats, variety, so, yet another decision.

Then I go back to Kristn, and how she said that she lost her remaining weight on doing between 1200 and 1400 calories, I think it was, per day.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Yet another thought, if we do log and pay attention, by the time you work in your protein needs, I am one who has a hard time meeting my minimum, not exceeding it, there isn't much space left for the treats, so that self limits them right there. Like, I never eat more than 1 muffin in a day, or usually more than 1 fat bomb. Just isn't the room for it in my macros.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
October - 275
November 1 - 280

Time to watch the calories!

Have a great day ladies. No kiddies last night and just one cannon shot. Sent my little one on a shaking frinzy for a little bit. This weekend is the time change.
Hi Sharon. Do you log, do you know how many calories a day you have been eating?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning
November already!
  • October 129
  • November 127.5
Things have been going really well. I have experience "hunger" a few times this week, and notice my calories are on the low side. Need to "tweak" that.
Getting my thyroid meds regulated is my "project" this month. The adrenal stuff is going really well. Now without needing nap in the afternoons I need to figure out some way to schedule that time... have been getting caught up, and shopping longer. Oh my, what a dilemma!
So glad things are working so well for you and in the right direction! Naps do take up a lot of our time
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Weigh in results:

Now, here we go. Sandy is at over 2000 calories a day and losing! Also, you do exercise quite a bit don't you Sandy, I know you stay active, much more than I do.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
So glad things are working so well for you and in the right direction! Naps do take up a lot of our time
And I printed Debby's calorie-cycling plan. I think I might lean toward that, also. In fact I think it happens fairly naturally to me because like Buffy, I sometimes have trouble getting my protein in. And other days I'm really hungry so I just eat more (all on plan foods, though) but within my ranges.

I really am also interested in seeing what my doc says on Nov 5 and I believe I will ask that she prescribe Armour. Then we'll see.

Carolyn I remember your dd was prescribed thyroid meds. How is she doing?
Old 11-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
Do you log, do you know how many calories a day you have been eating?
Buffy I journal my menus each day but as far as counting calories I have always been bad at that. Just not able to calculate the calories in what I'm having.

I keep my serving sizes pretty accurate tho.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #17

I'm not working out right now but I try to walk at least a few times a week. So no, I don't really exercise like I should. I'm thinking about un-freezing my gym membership though and maybe I'll go for a walk right now! I've been accused of having the metabolism of a teen-aged boy and if I do, hallelujah!!!!! I do know I must be very blessed to be able to lose and maintain on higher calories b/c I'm afraid I wouldn't be very successful otherwise. I do remember from my lifetime of WW, both being a member and an employee, I always told everybody to eat all their points and bonus points and exercise points as the more you can eat and lose weight the more you'll be able to eat in maintenance. And I truly do believe that.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I'm not working out right now but I try to walk at least a few times a week. So no, I don't really exercise like I should. I'm thinking about un-freezing my gym membership though and maybe I'll go for a walk right now! I've been accused of having the metabolism of a teen-aged boy and if I do, hallelujah!!!!! I do know I must be very blessed to be able to lose and maintain on higher calories b/c I'm afraid I wouldn't be very successful otherwise. I do remember from my lifetime of WW, both being a member and an employee, I always told everybody to eat all their points and bonus points and exercise points as the more you can eat and lose weight the more you'll be able to eat in maintenance. And I truly do believe that.
I agree on that Sandy, thus, I never want to go too low in order to lose weight.

My DD that just had the TT and BI's, her doctor told her that over all , walking was the very very best exercise. He said that most women in Paris were not overweight and they wern't gym rats, they just walked everywhere!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!

I also agree with Debby, keeping calories jumping around is a good idea, how one would normally eat, whatever that is?
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #20

Yes, I agree with varying the amount you eat. Just like "normal"d people probably do naturally.

I believe that about walking. When we go to Mexico, we walk everywhere! And eat and drink pretty much whatever we want and we might gain 2-4# when we get back home which comes back off pretty quickly.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #21

Hi gals..

Nice chatting and some congratulations are in order for weight loss..

Sandy is our enigma...I think her metabolism is on turbo-speed because she can eat a lot more than most of us and still lose weight.. That is why the Hurricane was named after her..LOL.

One real pound down for me this month..

I think my dd is doing fine on her new thyroid meds..She had to drive the curvy, steep highway today for the first time to Park City..She asked for prayer after living in flat KS/MO for many years.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetHeleMae
Stats: 166.5/165.5/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/09/2013
I am so happy to have found this forum

I have spent the last 4-5 days reading old posts and information about this WOE. I have done Atkins in the past and did well, so I am back. I need to lose about 20 pounds. I'll be happy to lose that much, and maybe more if possible. I plan to order a book by Barry Groves, which one do you recommend? I remember Buffy and Caroline F from my former days here SO here I am, glad to have found a home here again, and an active thread.
JanetHeleMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #23

Welcome Janet!

Carolyn, I feel Beth's pain! I hate mountain roads. I'll add her to my prayers.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Janet!
I am fairly new - I know the others will be glad to see you! These are such friendly, helpful gals.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Hi Janet, I also am new. But I have never meant so many nice people. And so helpful. It is hard for me to quit reading and writing. It makes dieting easier to do when you can get help and encouragement like you get here. So enjoy.
lindawell8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #26

Hi everyone..

Janet: I love his book Natural Health and Weight Loss. It has everything you will need..

Yes, our ladies are really special here..

Dh will be home tomorrow night..back to cooking for me..LOL.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:30 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I ordered Eat Fat Get Thin last night, but I will also order the one suggested by Caroline. It's time to get this fat off again!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Janet.
Yes, Carolyn and I have been around for a long, long time.

Off to Austin today to see DS, DDIL and little Ollie. Guess he is talking up a storm so can't wait to experience that. Taking a little cooler of things to help me stick to my WOE and taking the kids out to dinner tonight, will make it all easier.

What would you make of this. Twice now, in the last couple of weeks, I have gotten emails from people I haven't seen in quite some time, the first one was kind of a ad type email promoting raspberry ketones from the Dr. Oz show and yesterday's was same type of email but promoting Pure Green Coffee capsules. Feel kind of insulted
Old 11-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

Buffy, they are both promoted by Dr OZ he must have gotten your email someplace. I just finished a very satisfying breakfast!! The first in a long time!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetHeleMae View Post
Buffy, they are both promoted by Dr OZ he must have gotten your email someplace. I just finished a very satisfying breakfast!! The first in a long time!
Intersting that it showed that they came from people I know and hadn't heard from for a long time. And, wow, they are both amazing products, according to the ads . I always think "if they work this well, then why isn't the whole world just losing weight left and right?" Didn't feel the urge to run out and buy either of them.