Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JanetHeleMae
Stats: 166.5/165.5/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 09/09/2013
Thanks ladies. I 'm not sure I can handle and dinner this evening. I'm betting I will be just fine tomorrow. Induction flu was the term I couldn't recall! I'll be 69 this month so have to admit that my memory isn't quite what it used to be. (although I don't admit that to my dear husband)
JanetHeleMae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Janet, that's our little secret. LOLOLOL!!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
DH bought me a new toy today. A Samsung Tab2 tablet. It'll take me a couple days to get really familiar with it but I'm excited!!

I've been very good today with eating. We've been so busy it was hard to find time to eat!!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
DH bought me a new toy today. A Samsung Tab2 tablet. It'll take me a couple days to get really familiar with it but I'm excited!!

I've been very good today with eating. We've been so busy it was hard to find time to eat!!
HOW FUN to have a new toy!!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
How fun! Those tablets are a lot of fun. My pastor has one & its a really great tool for him.
It was mild enough to take a walk today. But we had to stay on the plowed driveway, we've got almost a foot of snow now. Decided I need winter boots now, had to get a good jacket already. Normally I don't need them, because I usually hate being outside... but I'm changing, (with all this new energy & being in shape) plus Shelby needs walking... I decided today to give cross-country skiing a try again. Its only been around 15 yrs. since I did it last! Poor Dave, he keeps getting shocked by me!
I have been enjoying all the "shopping" I get to do. Though I saved all my thin clothes, its still missing items & needed updating. I'm loving Old Navy!

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby how neat - it's like you got your life back.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Debby how neat - it's like you got your life back.
No kidding! But neither of us recognize this one!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Debby, we are all so happy for you, you worked hard to find the right solution and worked it and now look at you!!! Have fun shopping!

Sandy, you will love your tablet. DH surprised me with an Ipad last Christmas and he has to laugh at how often he sees it in my hands, I always teast him that he shouldn't have bought that worthless piece of junk, I hardly ever use it, LOL. I do love it and so handy to take with me.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, question for you. Are you trying to up your calories and if so, what do you think so far?

Sandy, question for you. Wasn't it your DH that was taking certain supplements and was it for high cholesterol? I remember you saying how well they worked but not sure what they were and for what. I really need to get cholesterol down before next Dr. visit as he wrote a prescription for lipitor and I am not taking it. DO NOT want to take that stuff. I have upped my liquid fish oil but worried with change in WOE that won't be enough.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, no "new" haircut, just a trim and shape up of the same one. Not as layered or curled as in my picture, I have just kind of a short bob. DDIL does a beautiful job on coloring it and her co-worker a great job on cutting it, it had been 2 months since my last visit and my hair still looked pretty darn good, just a little problem with the roots showing at my part. DDIL has my color down to perfection as far as grow in and I really like it too. There is a reason she is top colorist in her shop!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Janet, how are you feeling today? My induction flu did last for a few days, not fun, but it will pass. And then, I didn't realize it but I was getting a UTI so the aches and pains continued with that. Hang in there.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Anyone baking this weekend? I think I am going to try Chicken Lady's Amond Flour Fudge Cake and also make another batch of Barbo's rye bread. I want to try some things before Thanksgiving so that I can make some good LC things that day that will work for DD's and I, plus, be good enough that everyone will enjoy them.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great idea Buffy. We're going to Dh's brother's house and I'm in charge for the salad. Mine won't be much work or planning. Salads are my main staple LOL!

I've been making fat bombs and after weighing in this morning I know that I can't have them in the house but for special times. They easily put weight on me. Not a good thing.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

The fudge cake is out of the oven and taste tested. OMG, it is really really good. Can't believe the texture of it, not light and airy but just a good dense chocolate cake. Would make great brownies, oh my. What a winner. I did get and use, for the first time, the honeyv almond flour, blanched. Really a nice consistency. Can't wait for DD's to try this. I made half a recipe, I am learning, LOL. Frosted part of it with a cream fudge recipe from past days, which I made with Swerve. Pretty good too, but it really doesn't even need icing.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
The fudge cake is out of the oven and taste tested. OMG, it is really really good. Can't believe the texture of it, not light and airy but just a good dense chocolate cake. Would make great brownies, oh my. What a winner. I did get and use, for the first time, the honeyv almond flour, blanched. Really a nice consistency. Can't wait for DD's to try this. I made half a recipe, I am learning, LOL. Frosted part of it with a cream fudge recipe from past days, which I made with Swerve. Pretty good too, but it really doesn't even need icing.
"it really doesn't even need icing"?????
I'll be the judge of that.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Have you made this yet Judy? It really is one of the better things I have baked LC. Now, I did make this using my new batch of blanched Honeyville almond flour, which many say is much better than Bob's. So, maybe that was the difference but didn't have that mouthfeel that I associate with almond flour. I don't mind it, but this is more cakelike.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Great idea Buffy. We're going to Dh's brother's house and I'm in charge for the salad. Mine won't be much work or planning. Salads are my main staple LOL!

I've been making fat bombs and after weighing in this morning I know that I can't have them in the house but for special times. They easily put weight on me. Not a good thing.
Sharon, I should be concentrating more on salads but my eyes always seem to catch on the desserts! Story of my life and I love salads, I really do.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, question for you. Are you trying to up your calories and if so, what do you think so far?

Sandy, question for you. Wasn't it your DH that was taking certain supplements and was it for high cholesterol? I remember you saying how well they worked but not sure what they were and for what. I really need to get cholesterol down before next Dr. visit as he wrote a prescription for lipitor and I am not taking it. DO NOT want to take that stuff. I have upped my liquid fish oil but worried with change in WOE that won't be enough.
I'm only thinking of varying them as Debby & Carolyn suggested it was probably good. Makes sense to me, too. However I am one of those who are happy mostly eating the same thing....

I printed Debby's:
Monday 1100 cals
Tuesday 1300
Wednesday 1500
Thursday 1700
Friday 1100
Saturday 1300
Sunday 1700
Repeat

I'm not sure I can be that precise, but we'll see. I am still waiting to see my new doctor tomorrow and discuss getting on Armour. Then I want to start Slow Burn. Seems like a good time since the holidays are coming up.

I must say, though, I have NO fears or worries or trepidation. If I overate this delicious food and/or the delicious "sweets" we can easily make, I will chalk it up to a day or two here and there. I am just not tempted by food that's off my plan.

As far as being so precise I can pinpoint my calories....it might be a little longer (after Christmas) before that happens.
Well - edited to say, I can definitely always chart my calories and I do. It's PLANNING for those precise calories each day I'm not sure I'm up to, yet. Yet!

Yes, it was Sandy's husband who had such great results from eating supplements. Sandy they were not low carb, though, were they?
Those were my lurking days...

Last edited by JMCM1; 11-04-2012 at 01:41 PM..
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Have you made this yet Judy? It really is one of the better things I have baked LC. Now, I did make this using my new batch of blanched Honeyville almond flour, which many say is much better than Bob's. So, maybe that was the difference but didn't have that mouthfeel that I associate with almond flour. I don't mind it, but this is more cakelike.
I have not made it but it's interesting you mentioned the Chicken Lady. While I was scouring these boards I could just see by looking her recipes would be nearest "normal." I printed and saved many many of her recipes.

I don't think she's posted in awhile, but I haven't looked in a couple of months.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #80

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Buffy: That cake is wonderful and so is the bread..I do need to bake after my nommie
pumpkin muffins are gone.. Too many sweets around the house is not a good thing
for me..I do use Honeyville all the time, too.

My dd called me today. She hasn't got her cable yet and was out exploring SLCity, which is a very interesting place, she says..

Not only does Sandy have a great metabolism..she really understands the new technology.

Tomorrow will be my first week on 500 Metformin ER. So, I will see how the weight goes. I am truly hoping that I needed help in that area and weight loss will be quicker.
That is, combined with a 20 carb day, of course..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think this could fit in our way of eating just fine. I am constantly perusing the pizza crusts. Ginny Larsen posted this on her page. She has been fiddling with a bread that actually and really tastes yeasty. I tried it and agree - it was fantastic.

However I find that if I eat a "bread", they typically contain so much protein I've nothing to put in there and little for dinner! So it's one of those things I like having and like knowing how good it is, but I'm not going to make it a lot.

HAVING SAID THAT...
she's still fiddling and came up with this "Cheesy Bread Pizza Crust".
Two odd things:
1. psyllium seed husk powder. I got mine from netrition, I think. It's basically unflavored metamucil that has been ground fine. It adds a nice structure.

The other thing is
2. nutritional yeast flakes. I had never heard of that. I found it in bulk at Whole Foods, (they look like fish food flakes!) then found it in a can at Reasor's in Tulsa in the health food area. These really smell yeasty.
The nutritional numbers shown are hers, and now that I see it, I am sure I'd eat 2 pieces - but that seems fine depending upon the toppings.

Anyhoozle, here's the recipe.

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST (Ginny Larsen)

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 drops liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose. With electric mixer, beat until smooth. Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

Yield:
"1 pizza"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 Slices/Each slice: 85 Calories; 6g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals..

Buffy: That cake is wonderful and so is the bread..I do need to bake after my nommie
pumpkin muffins are gone.. Too many sweets around the house is not a good thing
for me..I do use Honeyville all the time, too.

My dd called me today. She hasn't got her cable yet and was out exploring SLCity, which is a very interesting place, she says..

Not only does Sandy have a great metabolism..she really understands the new technology.

Tomorrow will be my first week on 500 Metformin ER. So, I will see how the weight goes. I am truly hoping that I needed help in that area and weight loss will be quicker.
That is, combined with a 20 carb day, of course..
Neat your dd is exploring and enjoying SLCity. Amazing how much time we would have if we had no cable or internet.

Would you remind me of your diagnosis for the Metformin - dys...something.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #83

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Judy: That pizza recipe looks great..It must be quite thin, though because it doesn't have much "bulk" to it..Looks good..I love to make LC pizza..

My LC weight doctor called it dysmetabolic syndrome, which means past meno and it is hard to lose weight..LOL..From what I have read, it takes several weeks for the blood sugar numbers to lower..Mine weren't terribly high..but they used to be lower. Ideally, they should be 80ish..Mine are 100ish..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Carolyn - Dysmetabolic syndrome.

- - -

You know..... now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if she said she doubled that recipe for a whole pizza? I'll check and get back.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I think this could fit in our way of eating just fine. I am constantly perusing the pizza crusts. Ginny Larsen posted this on her page. She has been fiddling with a bread that actually and really tastes yeasty. I tried it and agree - it was fantastic.

However I find that if I eat a "bread", they typically contain so much protein I've nothing to put in there and little for dinner! So it's one of those things I like having and like knowing how good it is, but I'm not going to make it a lot.

HAVING SAID THAT...
she's still fiddling and came up with this "Cheesy Bread Pizza Crust".
Two odd things:
1. psyllium seed husk powder. I got mine from netrition, I think. It's basically unflavored metamucil that has been ground fine. It adds a nice structure.

The other thing is
2. nutritional yeast flakes. I had never heard of that. I found it in bulk at Whole Foods, (they look like fish food flakes!) then found it in a can at Reasor's in Tulsa in the health food area. These really smell yeasty.
The nutritional numbers shown are hers, and now that I see it, I am sure I'd eat 2 pieces - but that seems fine depending upon the toppings.

Anyhoozle, here's the recipe.

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST (Ginny Larsen)

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 drops liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose. With electric mixer, beat until smooth. Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

Yield:
"1 pizza"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 Slices/Each slice: 85 Calories; 6g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber
I would be happy eating this with just cheese and getting my protein from this alone. Will give it a try when I have all the ingredient
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
Big Yapper!!!!

Or buttered
Old 11-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No - that appears to be the recipe. And Carolyn I thought the same as you - that's not a lot to make a whole pizza crust.

If you go to her blog, GinnysLowCarbKitchen.blogspot.com
you can see pictures.

Ginny said:
This was very tasty for a low carb crust, and closer to a true bread like crust than anything else I've come across for pizza crust so far. I've just taken my original recipe, and this time used buttermilk rather than wine in the mix, because I don't always want to use wine and others don't always want to use wine, and I wanted to see how it would turn out with the buttermilk. I was very pleased! Still had that wonderful yeasty bread smell to it and the texture and all came out very much the same as with the wine.

Just to give you fair warning. I'm not finished yet with this recipe and where I'll take it! I have plans for more ideas rolling around in my head with it.

So basically, I just tripled the Cheese and Wine Bread recipe for the pizza crust. I've also done it doubled making the same size pizza but a much thinner crust. I like the thicker one better.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Or buttered
I AM ON THE BEST MESSAGE BOARD GROUP EVER!!!

Yes!

Buttered!!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like Beth is making the most of it, good for her
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Could you share this cake recipe for me? It sounds just like heaven.