Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #751
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Judy - thanks!

Debby - I have aches and pains too - some more regular than oters, but I just thought I was getting older too.

Carolyn- oh no! Prayers for Lois!! And why would someone move that far out if you can't drive??
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 AM   #752
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Sorry to hear about your friend Carolyn, my thoughts go out to her speedy recovery.

And, like MK, why would you live in the country if you can't drive??

Still haven't gotten through all this work in the office that I had planned on finishing this week. The days just fly by. My every other Friday cleaning ladies come this afternoon so I always try to be out of the house, so today won't be productive as far as the office either. I will get some errands run though.

Need to go by CVS and pick up something for my sinus/allergy headache, still battling that. Everyone around here is complaining so guess it is something in the air but my neck is so stiff and the headache went to bed with me and got up with me.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #753
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh definitely prayers for Lois. Remember when nobody survived head-on collisions? If she's otherwise healthy, I bet she'll come home in one piece.

Having lunch today with two college friends. Can't wait!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Need to go by CVS and pick up something for my sinus/allergy headache, still battling that. Everyone around here is complaining so guess it is something in the air but my neck is so stiff and the headache went to bed with me and got up with me.
I hope you get relief.
That kind of chronic pain makes it difficult to concentrate on anything and generally intrudes on your life!

My DD32 has allergies all 4 seasons. She & her dh are on vacation in Abiquiu, NM where it is cold enough (but not too cold), but her allergies are on vacation, too.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #755
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Judy, like your DD, I usually do better in dryer climates like AZ, NM, CO but I just suffer in the spring and fall. Some worse than others.

Have fun at lunch.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #756
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Debby. Groin pain sounds like a hernia, although this is a much more common place for men to have in that area, women can have it too. As for migrating pain, I haven't heard of that but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think our joints take turn hurting so we always have something hurting at any given time!

Carolyn, I'm sorry about your friend. Keep us updated.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 11-30-2012 at 07:25 AM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #757
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Good morning..
Yikes on aches and pains..Could it be fibromyalgia, Debby?

My friend Lois (who is the coordinator of our Bible Study) was involved in a head-on collison on a gravel road last night.. She is in Joplin, in ICU with a collapsed lung and lacerations..Thanks for your prayers..She is in her 70's and pretty healthy, so that is good.

Tomorrow is December 1st..I got my Christmas cards..Now to write the "letter"..Anyone send letters? Just updating our family stuff..

Not much going on today..I have my little prayer group and I'm picking up a lady our age who doesn't drive...They bought a nice house in the country..but she can't walk to town..Hmmm..

Check in later..Have a great day..
Good Morning!
Sorry for Lois! May the Lord heal her quickly.
Not fibro (looked it up)... very typical of thyroid. too weird.
Christmas letters! I love getting them! I usually write letters back to people that send me cards... would be great to get it done before! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
At my age I do have aches and pains, but figure it was due to old age.
Yeah Buffy, I guess most people get that, this one is just very strange in that it feels serious & then moves to another spot... most people's aches & pains stay in a particular area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Morning!

Debby - I have aches and pains too - some more regular than others, but I just thought I was getting older too.
Yeah. I like to fight that from happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Debby. Groin pain sounds like a hernia, although this is a much more common place for men to have in that area, women can have it too. As for migrating pain, I haven't heard of that but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think our joints take turn hurting so we always have something hurting at any given time!
LOL! Yes Cindy, it really does sound like that! Good thing it moved to my wrist before I went to see a Dr!

Good Morning all!
Thanks for all your comments. I know most of you don't have thyroid/adrenal issues, but some do, so was kind of checking to see if any of you had experienced it. I have received feed-back from others that confirms it. I may have bought some oatmeal that has gluten cross-contamination in it. stopthethyroidmadness mentioned that as a culprit. Guess if it continues I'm going to have to buy the "pure" stuff only. Nonetheless, I'm still feeling kind of sluggish today.

Hope you all have a good one!

Last edited by DebbyL; 11-30-2012 at 10:04 AM..
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #758
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Oh, Debby..I'm sure the oatmeal company does cross-contaminate with other grains..
I hope it is that..You are very sensitive to that..

No word on Lois today..Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers..Her dh died last year and she has really been a brave lady since then..

Allergies are BAD right now..Peeps in our town are suffering, too.

I know what you mean..I asked Sharon why they moved out there and since there aren't a ton of nice houses available, this was the one they chose..She said today that she is used to staying home..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry Debby, or glad, I can't chime in on the aches and pains, or moving pain.
Sorry for you, glad for me. Nothing hurts (knocking on wood....)

Now I'm kind of sadder for Lois that her dh died last year. She's having to be tough, that's for sure.

I had the nicest lunch with my college friends. They live so near and one I've not seen in 33 years - well, they've been back in the state for 5 years.... It filled my heart up to see them - we also commiserated on lack of hormones/thyroid/ and how we're all dealing with that. It's nice to see old friends.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #760

Good news on Lois..She is now stable and in good condition..I don't think she will make our cookie exchange next Tuesday, but it is hard to keep a good ole gal down..
Old 11-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Carolyn - good to know.

I forgot I had some pumpkin bake in our refrigerator in the garage. It was made for Thanksgiving and by golly it tastes just as good today!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 PM   #762

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Late check in here today. I got an early morning distress call to babysit great-grandsons. I told them I could do it until 12:30 so momma took off at noon. Both of the daycare people were sick with stomach flu and I think one or maybe even both of the boys might have it too! Then I went to get a heart scan and am happy to report I have ZERO calcification in my heart. I had a scan about 12 years ago and it was zero then but I was afraid I'd at least have a little since I'm older and heart disease is rampant in my family. That made me feel pretty good!

I'm so glad your friend Lois is stable. How scary that would be!

Debby, so sorry to hear you're dealing with these pains and symptoms again. I hope you get it tracked down and stopped very fast.

If my weight holds through to tomorrow I think I might have a loss this month! Happy dance!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #763

Oh..happy dance, Sandy for your heart scan at zero.. Hope your babies don't have the tummy flu..that is the worse..

LOL..Nice surprise to find the pumpkin bake..We are having SF jello for dessert..I make it out of Splenda/koolaid/unflavored gelatin..
Old 11-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Late check in here today. I got an early morning distress call to babysit great-grandsons. I told them I could do it until 12:30 so momma took off at noon. Both of the daycare people were sick with stomach flu and I think one or maybe even both of the boys might have it too! Then I went to get a heart scan and am happy to report I have ZERO calcification in my heart. I had a scan about 12 years ago and it was zero then but I was afraid I'd at least have a little since I'm older and heart disease is rampant in my family. That made me feel pretty good!

I'm so glad your friend Lois is stable. How scary that would be!

Debby, so sorry to hear you're dealing with these pains and symptoms again. I hope you get it tracked down and stopped very fast.

If my weight holds through to tomorrow I think I might have a loss this month! Happy dance!!
I realize you are only one person, but I keep reading one person after one person eating low carb avoids the heart problems.
Thank you for letting us know!!!

And congrats on possibly posting a loss! After Thanksgiving even!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #765
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - yay for Lois!!

Cindy - it's so nice to have a nurse in the group!!

Debby - any better today?

Judy - pumpkin bake!!!

Sandy - poor grandbabies!! I hope you don't get it!
And yay for a loss!!

Buffy - I'd love to live somewhere without allergies - but when we were in Aspen it was so dry I had to use eye drops and nose spray the whole time!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #766
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Sandy - poor grandbabies!! I hope you don't get it!
And yay for a loss!!
OH my gosh I was thinking the same thing - I SO hope you do not get it.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I'm sorry Debby, or glad, I can't chime in on the aches and pains, or moving pain.
Sorry for you, glad for me. Nothing hurts (knocking on wood....)

Now I'm kind of sadder for Lois that her dh died last year. She's having to be tough, that's for sure.

I had the nicest lunch with my college friends. They live so near and one I've not seen in 33 years - well, they've been back in the state for 5 years.... It filled my heart up to see them - we also commiserated on lack of hormones/thyroid/ and how we're all dealing with that. It's nice to see old friends.
I too am happy for you Judy!
Oh, poor Lois, how devastating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Thanks Sally

Quote:
Debby - any better today?
No joint or muscle pain, but still fatigued.

I got a call from the Dr's office today, so I guess my test is showing something that he doesn't like. But they wouldn't tell me. It's probably going to explain why I'm feeling this way. Will see on Monday.

I worked all day on books. So happy that's done!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #768

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thanks all, but I think that's what I've been fighting already this whole week. It never went to extremes but I sure felt yucky.

Buffy, I know this sounds strange but try ice packs on your sinus cavities, including the ones in the back of your head that causes the neck pain. It seems to reduce the swelling & really lessens the pain. Most people think heat but I read about the ice long ago and it really does help.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #769

Ice is our friend...

Lois still has the ventilator in..They are asking her "what happened" and she was writing notes..Hopefully, she will be in a regular room tomorrow with the ventilator out..

Going to start our new thread for December...Dedicated in December.. see you there..Post your losses/gains/stay the sames..