Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #631
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
and, I haven't lost that much I know to make that big of a difference, but, except for that 5 minutes last May, I have not weighed below 200 for years, so all of my clothes are for +200 lbs and clear up to 240 lbs. I really really need to finish off getting rid of those, I have weeded them out but of course kept some favorites, why? I don't know why?

Maybe next week it is time to quit thinking I am going to get organized and get them to a resale shop and just get in there with trash bags, fill them up and haul to goodwill. My house would be cleaner and I would have some closet space again.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
That's an interesting point I hadn't considered. I have way too many clothes, too.
A couple of weeks ago I went to Ann Taylor Loft to get TWO skirts to get me through Christmas. They still fit, but are comfortably loose. A couple more pounds and I'll be hiking them up.

I have already given away some too-big jeans to the people who call for clothing and household items. I am not in a rush to replenish, either. If I have a couple of pairs of things that work, that is enough. I guess I needed some fat clothes in the wings. I don't quite feel that desperation now.

I understand now when Sandy can say, "If I gain a couple of pounds, I know how to lose it." Me too.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Carolyn's hot cereal is amazing! What a great egg replacement for mornings! Thanks Carolyn! Woo Hoo!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #634
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't know exactly when I went from having a reasonable amount of clothes to this nightmare I have now? The kids left home, our income improved, a good friend and I become sale shopping buddies/maniacs, the sales were sooo good, it went from reasonable to now 3 closets full of stuff and I wear what? A small portion of it. I want to get back to where each season I just need a couple of new things and keep it under control. And, I don't work away from home anymore, nor do we go out much. And Sandy is right, we know how to lose it and for once, I really don't have that fear waiting in the background saying, but what if you gain it all back. And, if I do, these clothes are all getting dated enough, I won't want them anyway. Time to purge!!!

Somebody bring the truck, I will run get the trashbags, you girls all come over and we will have a purge party at Buffy's house!!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #635
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, good morning! Good to hear, I can't wait to try it, I miss hot cereal.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #636
Major LCF Poster!

Yes Sharon - thanks for the report. I'm on my way to the kitchen!

Buffy I'm still confined to my one big closet, but the clothes are so tight it's difficult to see what I have. And my mind feels better when there is less clutter.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #637
Big Yapper!!!!

Plus, they all get so wrinkled when they are tight, I hate that. Our master closet is not that big and I only get one side of it, but funny, that worked for a long time, why do I think I need 3 now???
Old 11-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to "third" the vote for Carolyn's hot cereal. And I was quite skeptical as I don't much care for flaxseed meal.

I have golden flaxseed meal and used 1/4 c. But YIKES my vanilla protein powder is 24g protein per scoop!
Since I'm not too concerned about overdoing protein, I thought I'd give myself a treat. I do miss cereal and I've always loved oatmeal.
I was quite surprised how well this did the trick. I loved every single bite and I probably need the protein - no kidding.

Thanks, Carolyn, for another winner!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #639
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Plus, they all get so wrinkled when they are tight, I hate that. Our master closet is not that big and I only get one side of it, but funny, that worked for a long time, why do I think I need 3 now???
I just think we use whatever space we have available.
It takes a huge mind-shift and determination to actually leave unused some space in our homes, I think.
We're all so busy. Taking time to sort through our things is .... hard!

We do the same thing with time, usually. If it's available, we use it.
How many "projects" are undone because I'd rather search through recipes?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #640
Big Yapper!!!!

I had the cereal too and it was very good. Am full as a tick too.

Oh, let's not talk about wasting time on the internet. Now I am searching for corner tv stands that will hold a 65 inch flatscreen and I don't want to pay much for it. Hmmm, finding it hard to come by. Everything would have been so much simpler from buying the tv to the stand if I had gone for the 60 inch, but my room is kind of large and my eyes are old.........
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had the cereal too and it was very good. Am full as a tick too.

Oh, let's not talk about wasting time on the internet. Now I am searching for corner tv stands that will hold a 65 inch flatscreen and I don't want to pay much for it. Hmmm, finding it hard to come by. Everything would have been so much simpler from buying the tv to the stand if I had gone for the 60 inch, but my room is kind of large and my eyes are old.........
I KNOW! I'm very full, too.

Buffy that is legitimate shopping you're doing there. Not time-wasting.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #642
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Ladies..

So glad you liked the hot cereal.. It's all good things..My LC doctor tells me to get 30 grams of protein at breakfast. I haven't done that yet, but this sure helps bring up those numbers.

I need to take my summer clothes out of my closet and sort and put them in the basement..My closet is too squishy..I have taken over ds's closet, too..

Had a nice visit with Gary's brother and his wife..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #643
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you had a nice visit Carolyn and I know you looked as nice or more so than your SIL,

Just had a little 1 inch square of the brownies, they still taste just as good as the day I made them, and I did freeze some of them. I made with Swerve and DD can't eat that, sadly. Need to make her some with splenda.

Found a couple of tv stands we need to look at and guess where? Walmart, what was I thinking, looking all those other places? I just don't want to spend $1000 for a stand that we might not want to use by the next tv, online Wally had a very good selection and of course, the best prices. Don't know as they will have these in the stores to even look at, they are big, but maybe, we will look before we order.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #644

Wallie does have some great tv stands. Along with his 52 inch tv, Brett bought another big bookcase and a card table and chairs for his dining room and a lamp for his bedroom..
The prices were right..

Is Swerve, erthryritol???
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Wallie does have some great tv stands. Along with his 52 inch tv, Brett bought another big bookcase and a card table and chairs for his dining room and a lamp for his bedroom..
The prices were right..

Is Swerve, erthryritol???
Yes, Swerve is mostly erythritol, together with some kind of proprietary thing that calms down the mouth cooling effect, and possibly keeps us from needing to add xanthan or similar.

I think Cindy and I discussed this not too long ago, but I'm not sure how far back. It seemed like you had been super busy.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

I have so many "bread" recipes. I like this one for its simplicity, texture and I think the taste. It has you make two pieces, but I actually cut each of those two pieces to end up with 4 discs. So I had a sandwich today and will again tomorrow.

I toasted the slices (had to remove before burning because they were thin). I had mayo, avocado slices and put turkey pieces, then drizzled my homemade balsamic vinaigrette over both for an open-faced turkey sandwich.

This is no huge revelation of bread, I'm sure, but it was nice to try and not fussy for sure. Everything below is from Ginny.

Two Minute Sandwich Bread (Ginny Larsen)

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet Truvia
dash salt
1 large egg
1 tablespoon coconut oil -- or butter, melted
2 tablespoons half and half -- or cream, or almond milk, or other liquid

In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Make a well in the middle and mix in the wet ingredients. Mix well.

Place half of the batter in microwavable dish. Microwave on high about 1 minute.

Remove the bread from the container onto a wire rack or onto a paper towel, and pour in the remainder of the batter and microwave again for 1 minute.

Remove, cool. You can toast it, store it for later, or make a sandwich out of it right away. You can use it for french toast, or for a Monte Cristo sandwich. You can also make variations of this adding herbs, etc.

Description:
"A quick and simple bread with less fiber for those sensitive to too much fiber in their diet"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving: 183 Calories; 17g Fat (77.5% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 257mg Sodium.

I used Honeyville blanched almond flour, 28g is one serving, which is about 4 1/2 TBS.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #647

I'm feeling like having a sandwich sometime soon..Thanks for this recipe..Now, what did you use for your "dish", Judy?

Judy: Were you rooting for OU or OSU? It was quite a game.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #648
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm feeling like having a sandwich sometime soon..Thanks for this recipe..Now, what did you use for your "dish", Judy?

Judy: Were you rooting for OU or OSU? It was quite a game.
I have two little personal casserole dishes that are just perfect for these breads. I think it's 4-1/2" in diameter and 2" high - really cute, but I bought them just exactly to make breads and buns. I think I got them at TJ Maxx or Tuesday Morning or Ross - someplace like.

I am a proud graduate of OSU and that game was heartbreaking.

- they always dominate...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #649
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Their company sells industrial dryers, so they had one there..Dh does go to BC a lot..
We went to Vancouver for vacation once..Very nice..and Vancouver Island, too..
That's cool! If he ever comes to Smithers, we have a spare room & would love to meet him & you if you come!

Quote:
Morning!
Sounds very cold where you are Debby but I imagine it is a beautiful place to live, and judging by the pictures you posted, I know it is.

I hit another new low this morning, only b/c I slept late, otherwise I think my weight would have been the same as yesterday, but 192.4 this AM so I am proudly claiming it. We have a wedding to go to tonight and I have to get in the closet and see what I am going to wear. I wasn't going to buy something new b/c it wouldn't be something I would wear often and hoping that it wouldn't fit by the next wedding. So, it will be something I have and probably plenty big on me but I will wear it proudly .

Debby, can't believe your energy level and I am so happy for you and all the work you have done to heal yourself.
Yes, its pretty chilly here... but very beautiful.
Thanks Buffy, I am still getting used to the energy... and dh is just dumbfounded!
I'm so happy for you also!! Isn't it just the greatest feeling, shrinking out of your clothes!? I have lots of fun with getting new ones. Although I was careful about getting too many on the way down. Just enough so as you can feel "good" about yourself. Because they will be put away too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi friends,
It must be like a new life for you having energy where you had none. Congratulations on all the attention you have paid to get yourself so much better.
LOL... Yes, I've had to be quite selfish about it actually. Kind of goes against the "servant-heart" I've always had... putting my schedule & my dietary needs up front, insisting on it. Of course my dh was so worried about me last year, he'd do almost anything to help me get healthy. Its still embarrassing eating out. I have two Christmas dinners to go to, & I have it all figured out what & how to order.

Today was another super-active day. We filled the wood-room with wood (something I never helped with before). And then we got out the "old ski's" & went cross-country to visit the neighbors. It was great fun & just the right distance for the two of us "rusties." The boots, however are starting to "rot" LOL... had 'em for 30 years! Great work-out for muscles long laid dormant!

I'm so happy for all of you, getting things figured out & enjoying the process!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #650

Judy: We wanted OSU to win, too...We were disappointed.. Next week Kansas State plays TX..Honestly, they should win that one and the Big 12 Championship. If they don't beat them, then they don't deserve to win the Big 12..(Sorry, Buffy)..

Debby: Thanks for the invite..I'll tell dh.. So glad you are taking care of yourself and have the energy you need to get things done..I love cross-country skiing..Wish we had some nice trails here..

Judy: I have Grab-Its by Corning..I think they will be perfect..Got to buy some Pam..I keep forgetting.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #651
Big Yapper!!!!

Non scale victory. Went to wedding tonight, ate some before I went, not knowing what they would have, but, they had chicken and beef and salad and green beans that I could eat. Danced for the first time in a long time and it didn't hurt my legs or hips like it has for a long, long time. Made me feel great. Didn't feel any need for cake, or wine, just diet cokes.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy!

Just between you and me, the day I go to a wedding and don't feel the need for wine or cake.....please check my pulse!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #653
Big Yapper!!!!

Bet you could do it now Judy, I was not tempted at all. And the dancing was so much fun, that was such a nice feeling.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bet you could do it now Judy, I was not tempted at all. And the dancing was so much fun, that was such a nice feeling.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #655
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
We're home from another whirlwind trip to Kansas City for Thanksgiving!

It was fun, but DS20 goes back to school tomorrow and DD26 is back in Aspen and I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with either of them.
DS23 and DD28 didn't get to be with us at all . . .

Three more weeks and I'll get most of the family back under one roof again!

See you all tomorrow and I'll try to catch up!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #656

Buffy: Yeah for your dancing and your keeping on plan..Weddings are hard..especially the cake part. But you did great..

MKay: Glad you made it home safe and sound. I know what you mean about not spending enough time with kids..It is hard sometimes when others are around and some of them have to work. You can look forward to having a nice Christmas together..

Time to get ready for church and pick up my coffee at McDonalds..

Hugs to everyone..Keep warm.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #657
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning
Busy day today... Luncheon after church, grand-kiddo's & short term missions meeting tonight.

My wt. hit a new low this morning Which puts a "gold-star" on the cross-country skiing in my mind

Hope you have a wonderful day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:43 AM   #658
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Whoo Hoo Debby, you are our poster child!!!

I was so mad at my scale this morning, up 3 lbs over yesterday and after being so good last night. I guess weird fluid retention or something, or my body is in shock from dancing.

Gals, it does get harder and harder to get to spend individual time with your kids once they have grown up, but wait, once they have kids, it is even harder. With the kids around, everyone is so busy, it seemed like it was years before my oldest DD and I got to spend any quality time alone. Not so much with the kids here in town, as we go to dinner, a lunch or something at times without the kids. Love the grandkids but sometimes, you do miss your own kids!!!

Surprise birthday party for DSIL this evening. Been a busy weekend. I feel tired this morning!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #659
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Debby - congrats!!!

Buffy - probably just salt! I haven't weighed yet this morning, but my physical is Wednesday . . . wonder how much i can lose by then?

Carolyn - hope you have a great morning!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM   #660
Big Yapper!!!!

After I make a run to the grocery store, I am making up 2 batches of the simple cocoa brownies. One just like I made the other day, and the other using a mix of splenda and stevia for DD who can't handle the swerve. I also want to taste the 2 and compare. The problem with using the granular splenda is more carbs but it is still LC.

Also gals, keep working on my chocolate cream cheese treat, I now am calling mousse. Last time I made it I used 8 oz CC, 8 oz HWC and 4 oz of kefir cheese, (could also use sour cream or greek yogurt here). Used my stick blender and then added vanilla, mix of liquid splenda/stevia and a heaping T of cocoa, to taste. It makes a softer, lighter mousse than my original try and using only half the kefir/sourcream/greek yogurt to the other items, it isn't quite as tart or have as much of a bite. Serve with whipped cream on top for a very high fat, very filling dessert.

Going to take some of that for DD's to try tonight as well. I also made some of it the other day, left out the cocoa and added pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and sweetener to taste.