Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #541
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks so much for the prayers.

Yeah, Judy, if she doesn't pass "what-ever it is" by tomorrow, we'll be taking her in for surgery.

She's not just mad at me. Just feeling off. Not responsive to dh either. And petting is not really desirable to her either. Think it must hurt.... so I'm being extra tender & now she's curled up at my feet.

You know, I heard that about low carb diets causing thyroid too... but most the dr info on hypothyroidism is pointing more toward our adrenals & age. Hard to tell. I know without low carb has helped me, but I'm not real low carb, have grains. AND fat.

Off to choir practice for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #542
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi,

I have heard that very low calorie diets that some of us have done in the past can wreck your thyroid and cause hypothyroidism..

Poor little Shelby..She needs that plastic to come out..one way or another.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #543
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
I have been on every diet available - when I was younger I would definitely eat very few calories. It would not surprise me if you are right about that.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #544
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Debby - I hope Shelby is OK!!

Sharon - you look marvelous!!
So pretty!

I'm beat, and hope to keep up better tomorrow!
See you then!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #545
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! Sharon its so nice to meet you face to face!

Shelby showed affection when I got home, looking interested & wagging her tail. I just gave her a bowl of snow & she ate most of it. No plastic droppings yet though.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #546
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I remember my daughter's dog ate her suntan lotion years ago. She rushed her to her vet and they gave her charcoal to clean out the stuff. That was nothing like Shelby is going through but I'm rooting for her to pass it before morning.
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #547

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Poor Shelby. I hope she is doing better today.

I love that we use photos of us in our avatars. Feels so much more personal to me.

My weight is still hovering right in my maintenance window, so I guess I won't complain. I think after the holidays I might try to finally reduce that window by 5#. How's that for commitment, I think, I might, lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #548
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
I remember my daughter's dog ate her suntan lotion years ago. She rushed her to her vet and they gave her charcoal to clean out the stuff. That was nothing like Shelby is going through but I'm rooting for her to pass it before morning.
Our daughter's dog ate (let's see... which time....) lots of things he shouldn't. He's been given charcoal before, too.

I hope Shelby gets rid of this one way or another. Sorry for surgery if necessary, but she can't keep going as she is.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #549
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Thanks gals, Shelby seems to be feeling quite a bit better this morning, going from one to the other loving on us. Wagging her tail, licking, & even jumping up on us! So, I'm hopeful its moving... will still be taking her in, unless it shows up before I go to work.

I agree, its good to have faces.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #550
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shelby's eaten a few morsels this morning!
She ate some cat food, a piece of turkey, & a piece of a dog treat. So far it hasn't come back up! Its the first time she's shown any interest in food at all.

We're going to wait another day & see if she can pass that mass. PTL!
Keep praying please.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Great news on Shelby, just know we all really care Debby, so keep us updated.

I have been lazy in logging my food the past week or more and it shows, no loss at all for a week. I can enter a custom food in my tracking program, but, it doesn't seem to show up when I go to create a recipe, so thus, I have to enter it as a custom food again, aggravating and with trying so many recipes, it is part of why I haven't logged as well.

I am feeling much better, really think I was just taking too much potassium and it was messing with my BP drugs, sure glad I read up on it one night.

Have to get ready quickly and get 2 of my toffee orders delivered before 11.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #552
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shelby! That's a sure sign of feeling better - eating and wagging.

Gotta tell you, I've always loved that line from The Devil Wears Prada - "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

I've lost 2.5 pounds since Friday. And I feel like I've eaten a lot the past 2 days. Will keep eating. Decided not to do blood test this morning. I'll do it next week after I've been normal for a few days.

I'm going to keep my head down working until I complete a few head-busting requirements for work. Hope you all have very very nice days! This whole week before Thanksgiving always feels nice to me - hopefully for all of you too.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #553

Good morning..

Exercised, oil changed, Walgreen's run, etc..McDonald's grilled chicken salad for lunch..

Judy...WOOWOO..We are proud of you..2.5 pounds is amazing..

Debby: We are all rooting for Shelby so she can avoid surgery..Glad she was hungry this a.m.

Well, I did a self-test for AC1 today..The last time I did it was in August and it wasn't that great 6.1, but today it was 5.3..I think the Metformin is really helping those higher
blood sugars I was getting..

Hugs to everyone....
Old 11-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #554
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, 2.5 more lbs, wowsers girl. Funny thing but I lose better when I eat the higher calories too, it amazes me. I am needing to see a new loss though to motivate me.

Dangerous place: I started packing toffee this morning before I had eaten, had a couple of little taste tests and the thought went through my mind to just blow off LC for the rest of this week and restart on Monday. Even was thinking of where DGS and I could go to eat. THEN, I remembered why I had started back on LC in Sept. It was b/c of those nasty re-occuring UTI's that I was having back to back and I realized that I was going to be inviting that back into my life. Delivered the toffee quickly, came back and fixed Grant and I cheesy eggs and bacon for a late b/l. Whew!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, you are definitely in diabetes land if you were not following LC. My A1C was under 6 when I was diagnoised with diabetes. So happy to hear the metformin is working and with your WOE that you now have it so much further down.

Have some more laundry to do, one more toffee delivery and then stop by to pick up the turkery for Thurs. and take it to DD's house to start thawing in their fridge.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #556

Buffy: Yup..you are right on the diabetes point..Oww...that toffee is mighty tempting..Can you chew gum while you make it? Sugar and UTI's go hand in hand..Glad you resisted.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #557

I made Kevinpa's pecan pie today. If it tastes as good as it looks we're in for a treat! SF treat that is. And I also made the cheesy bread recipe again. This time I cooked it in my whoopie pie pans. I got 8 little round bread slices. I bought those pans marked down at Walmart so cheap and when I did I had no idea what I'd make in them, but I figured I'd think of something. And I did! They look like little buns and they smell soooo good. And Carolyn, I made your pumpkin torte last night and it looks great. The licks on the spoon tasted good too. So I think we're pretty well set to fight the T-day Battle and hopefully not be dangerously wounded.

Good save Buffy!!!! These next 4-5 weeks are going to be the hardest of the year, for me anyway.

Carolyn, is that test the one you can pick up at Walmart? Do you have to send it in somewhere or does it tell you instantly? We use healthcheckusa for all of our non-doctor ordered testing. Thanks to Cindy!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #558
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm pretty sure I lost 2.5 pounds because I had the stomach virus. We'll see.

Buffy - what Sandy said - good save.
As you said somewhere else, the shine has worn off and it's not so "new" to eat this way and here come all these foods that won't be around later. It seems like it wouldn't matter. But you are SOOOOO right. Those flippin' UTIs would be a deal-killer. I think you earlier mentioned other ways you felt better, etc. All the good feeling would be in the rear view mirror for sure. Obviously you can always climb back on but it's funny how I don't want to stray too far because I don't want to go out of ketosis.
I don't want to be hungry.

Carolyn that's a pretty big move HbA1c-wise. What a great result.

Sandy I am so happy for you. You are doing what I WANTED to do - get a bunch of things made early. I'll probably start tonight if I can get all this work done. Argh!

Hmmmmm..... I wonder if I should stay off the message boards?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!

I go from being exhausted to not being able to sleep, arrggghhh!!!

Judy, good idea over on the High Fat thread about oopsie rolls, I really like those and had forgoten about them. Will get some made and they keep well. Great for sandwichs and we will have leftover turkey. DSIL wanted a big turkey and I assured him, with the 16 lb one I got, there will be plenty left over, there is just going to be 5 of us.

After my little weak moment, I was just fine. The toffee usually isn't that much of a trigger, I have had it for so many years, but I was working on it this morning on an empty stomach in a rush to get it delivered. When I thought about cheating, the funny thing was that I couldn't think of one thing I wanted bad enough to go cheat on??? So, was back on track and rest of the day went fine.

Thanks for all the help and support.

How's Shelby?

Sandy, all your cooking sounds divine!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #560
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Buffy - the time for your post made me sleepy! Glad for the report, though.

I finally took half a unisom so I could get a few hours' sleep before cooking all day today. It's hard to face a day you KNOW will be full from start to finish with no sleep.

I got my work done last night at 10:30 PM! Lots of letters with green cards and certified labels will be heading to the post office today. My dh will take them for me and he'll reap his own reward tomorrow.

Brining begins today, turkey legs get roasted this morning for gravy (one w/ flour one w/out), Maria's sub gets made, cut up and toasted for dressing tomorrow. Full sugar pumpkin pie made today for the kids (and my mom will make a pumpkin bake for us).
If I have time (I will) I'd like to try Susie T's (Pooticus) little lemon rosemary revolutionary rolls. She has a little piece of Gruyere cheese in each little roll. Other things I can't think of right now.

If I get all my list done, I'm going to make one of Carolyn's pumpkin desserts she's been posting lately (thank you Carolyn!). It would make a great leftover for ME. Sandy inspired me.

Happy day before to everyone !
Old 11-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #561
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Update on Shelby... (one track mind lately)
This morning Shelby is eating more, ate the tuna-fish this time, so I mixed in some dog food & will hope she goes for it. She ate half a bag of "treats" last night that the vet gave me. Her abdomen has a bit more shape to it this morning :-)
I let her out by herself this morning & she came back on her own.
She also drug out one of my shoes. & is playing with a ball right now! PTL!

You guys are all going to have such a good Thanksgiving!

TTYL
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #562
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Slept late after being up so late.

Great to hear that Shelby is better and eating and playing, little stinker!!

Wow, Judy, you do have a day of cooking ahead of you. I know I am making SF cranberry relish, just have to decide on a recipe or use the one off the bag, which I did last year and liked. I did pick up an orange, so might incorporate some orange peel, or something like that. Will check with DD and see if they want me to fix a stuffing for the "other"s, since DSIL is from Canada, I am not sure what kind of stuffing he likes. Not sure what else I will make, it is going to be a easy peasy laid back day for the 5 of us. DH never cares what we fix, he is a steak kind of guy so holiday meals don't hold much interest for him. Oh, I do need to make some oopsies, will go put the eggs out to warm now.

Everyone enjoy your day!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #563

Good Morning Ladies..

Busy, busy day for all of you "cookers"..

Judy: I am anxious to hear how your dressing turns out with Maria's subs..

So glad our Shelby is better..Hopefully, she passed what needed to be passed..

I was at my low of 151 this morning...I've been this way before, so hoping for a 150
soon..
Old 11-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #564
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow

Isn't it nice to be able to make all this yummy stuff for us to enjoy? We'll be going over to relatives but even with their way of eating, I'm able to bring things so I can enjoy the meal with everyone.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow!
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #565

Love that wreath..

I finished Beth's scarf..It is really cute and quite easy..Her 31st birthday is today..even though she already got her "presents" before she left, this will be something extra to keep her warm in UT.

Yes, wishing everyone a wonderful holiday..It's hard to stay on plan, but I'm going to do the best I can..Anyone?
Old 11-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #566
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, girls I forgot to tell you the good news. Remember I have been watching my ex's diabetic cat for 6 months (he went home today) and have managed to get him off insulin by changing his diet and getting 2.5 pounds off him. Yeah, me!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #567
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh, girls I forgot to tell you the good news. Remember I have been watching my ex's diabetic cat for 6 months (he went home today) and have managed to get him off insulin by changing his diet and getting 2.5 pounds off him. Yeah, me!!
Next in line
Old 11-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #568
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, I know Beth will love her new scarf. What color?

Hey girls, I made Lauren's brownies today, oh my, are they good. I added pecans to mine. I had some oat flour in the freezer I had never used, so I guess these would not be considered grain free but I am not finding that eliminating grain seems to make much difference to me.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post11233420
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #569

Happy Thanksgiving to all my wonderful LCF's!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!