Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
You are sooo right, Buffy..I never pressure kids for holidays..Dd's inlaws live in the same town, so it is easy for them to be back and forth over Christmas..All we owe our kids is love..One wise lady at church said that about "inlaw" kids..Just love them..that's all. That is soooo true.

I did notice..That is a great idea, Buffy..Another use for it..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..
Debby: What?????? Yes, thighs are pretty fatty..LOL..You certainly will have enough food for a while. I don't like hunger either..
Yep, I'm sure set now! Last big cook-up was a huge turkey, which I have eaten all but .5 lb. almost all by myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yikes Debby, turn that grill down! Yes, hunger is so dangerous, because it tempts us so to eat carby things. You are doing a real balancing act to get the maintainence right.

Scale bounce was up 1 lb today so was happy to see that, just 1 lb. On the way home yesterday afternoon, I stopped at a Smokehouse and got a lb of the moist brisket that I love. Mixed up some of my homemade mayo and horseradish to dip it in and we had that for dinner, it was so good.
LOL... yes mommy! Shelby helped me clean up the grease that dripped right through the bottom... Crazy amount of grease in the thighs, even after baking them too. I did have to turn the heat down to do the rest, which took forever...

Yeah, hunger or "munchies" is not something I want to deal with anymore. Glad it disappeared yesterday.

My weight varies 1-2 lbs. up & down throughout the week. If I have a sore back, or headache it will be the higher. Its when it keeps climbing that's disturbing. Although, I do kind of "pull back" when its at the higher. I've been adding salt (very slightly) to my meals, and have been quite pleased to discover it hasn't effected my weight in the least! I've been so afraid of it for 40 yrs. because if I eat at a restaurant I gain water weight of 3-4 lbs almost every time. Guess they're REALLY loading it on, huh? So, I'll keep increasing it... see if I can get it up to daily recommended.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #453
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Crazy amount of grease in the thighs, even after baking them too. I did have to turn the heat down to do the rest, which took forever...

:
All I have to do to believe that is look down at my own thighs, what a bonfire that would be
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, makes you wonder if the restaurant food that makes you retain is the added salt or msg or what?
Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #455
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
All I have to do to believe that is look down at my own thighs, what a bonfire that would be
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #456
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
You are sooo right, Buffy..I never pressure kids for holidays..Dd's inlaws live in the same town, so it is easy for them to be back and forth over Christmas..All we owe our kids is love..One wise lady at church said that about "inlaw" kids..Just love them..that's all. That is soooo true.

Such a wise thought Carolyn. I am very lucky, have really loved all of my kids spouses, even the ones that they eventually divorced , although, I think they were wise to divorce them for the reasons they did, but I did like those 2 son in laws, that are no more..... Just weren't right for my DDS.

Have never understood women who are critical of their sons and daughters in law, or their own children for that matter. Can't they see that just drive them away? I try to only offer advice when it is asked for and then, very very carefully. In return, I have found that my children tell me a whole lot about their lives, that they don't always share with their other parents.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #457
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Buffy I wish I could help you out with that nutritional yeast - if you can't find your recipe let me know!
Judy, help please! Can't remember the name of that recipe, I am sure I printed it out but if you have it handy, can you post the link?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Debby, makes you wonder if the restaurant food that makes you retain is the added salt or msg or what?
Could be. I have extremely low levels of salt & no additives to my foods. So whatever it is...
I miss Chinese food the most, and when I have eaten it this year, I've asked for no msg, and no sauces if possible.
It will be good if I can get to the level of salt in my diet that going out won't be a problem. Normal salt intake for me is 300 of the 2500 (recommended).
Old 11-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #459
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:

MKay: The blessing is that our kids have jobs, but vacation time isn't like school time..Our sinlaw works at a bank and never gets the Friday after Thanksgiving off..So, we go up there..and go out..

So true! And it sounds like you have a good compromise!!

Quote:

Today I had a nice relaxing morning, worked on books. Then went for a hike/walk through the bush/snow with the neighbor & 2 pups. Had an excellent work-out.

Sounds wonderful!!

Quote:
I don't want to be tempted to just slide down the buffet face first, which it might make me do. The chef there is very very good.
Great mental picture!!

Quote:
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Toffee orders due today are packaged and I am off to deliver. Also going to stop at the boutique I sold at last year and see if any of the employee's want to order. Unless the owner asks me, I am not going to ask to sell there this year. I don't have as much energy as last year plus, I don't shop there much anymore. I don't need ANYTHING in the way of what she sales, so I would feel bad asking.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Ginny Larsen's breads

Hello friends!

I am sorry I am so late to your party. It was like the old lurking days for me to read all your warm, interesting, funny chatter and not respond. I would just pretend we were all friends. I know I post a lot, but even if I never did you all have a very special group here.

I am rarely sick, so since we were to attend a wedding out-of-town this evening, I woke up SICK. Some kind of stomach virus. I'm much better now but I'm not going to inflict this on anyone else. I hate responding in the affirmative and not showing up.

Buffy the bread you're looking for is at Ginny Larsen's site. Here is the pizza crust recipe using the nutritional yeast flakes (it looks very good but I haven't tried it yet).

CHEESY BREAD PIZZA CRUST (Ginny Larsen)

3 large eggs
3 tablespoons buttermilk -- (or dry red wine)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (I used the canned)
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 drops liquid sucralose -- (OR sweetener equal to 1 tbsp.)--optional but I think it adds to the flavor

Preheat oven to 350F. Place parchment paper onto 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet.

In small bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk OR wine, olive oil, Parmesan Cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional flakes, baking powder, and liquid sucralose. With electric mixer, beat until smooth. Let sit a minute to thicken slightly.

Pour out onto pizza pan OR baking sheet, and spread evenly with spatula until it reaches the edges of the pan. Bake about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings and bake longer until cheese is melted.

Cut into 8 slices.

Yield:
"1 pizza"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8 Slices/Each slice: 85 Calories; 6g Fat (62.2% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber
---------------------------------------------

Here is the recipe for a whole loaf:
CHEESY LOAF OF BREAD (Ginny Larsen)
I could not be more pleased with the way this bread turned out!!! This is a spin-off from my Cheese and Wine Bread recipe that made one nice bread bun you could slice in two and make a nice sandwich with. I loved it, and wanted to be able to make a whole loaf of bread the same.

This turned out to be just what I wanted in flavor, texture, aroma (yes, aroma is so important!) I simply multiplied the Cheese and Wine Bread recipe 8 times, put it in a loaf pan and this is what came out. It's hard to let you know just how high it rose in a picture. So I took a picture of it in the pan so you can see it from that perspective as well.

You can see how it just rises above the top of the pan. It is more like a banana bread size.

The texture is very close to a real sandwich bread. If you like bigger slices you can cut it in half, then set the half sliced side down, and slice lengthwise. I don't think you'll come out with 16 slices then, but you will have larger slices, so it's a matter of your preference.

CHEESY LOAF OF BREAD

8 eggs
1/2 cup *marsala wine -- (dry)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup almond flour -- (honeyville is what I used)
3 tablespoons psyllium seed husk powder
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes, NOW brand
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 packets Truvia -- (or 1 tbsp other sweetener)

Preheat oven to 350F. Line bottom of 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.

In medium mixing bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, wine, and oil. Beat together well. Add dry ingredients: Parmesan cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and Truvia OR other sweetener.

Mix with electric beaters for 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into loaf pan. Bake 30 minutes, then place an aluminum foil tent over the top and bake another 30 minutes. Remove from oven and turn out of pan onto a wire rack to completely cool before cutting. An electric knife helps to cut nice even pieces. I got 16 good slices out of this.

*Helpful Hints: If you don't have wine, you can use cooking wine, or if you choose not to use wine, you can try buttermilk. The wine does seem to add to the flavor and texture and rise, and I haven't tested it yet with buttermilk, but that would be what I would try first, myself.

16 Slices/Per Serving: 122 Calories; 8g Fat (63.2% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber

NOTES : 1 useable carb per slice
----------------------------------------------------------
I don't have the personal cooker she likes so much, the GT Express. I've made this and I remember liking it, but I can't remember how I cooked it.
In the oven, I guess.

CHEESE AND WINE BREAD, LC, GF

1 large egg
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil -- (any oil you like, this is my preference)
1 tablespoon dry Marsala wine
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon almond flour -- (blanched, such as Honeyville, for best results)
1 teaspoon psyllium seed husk powder
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes, NOW brand
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Splenda, Or equivalent, (does not make it sweet, just brings out flavor)

Preheat GT Express. In small bowl, combine egg, oil, and wine. Whisk together until frothy.

Add Parmesan cheese, almond flour, psyllium powder, nutritional yeast, baking powder, and Splenda granular.

Mix well until blended smooth. Once light is off on the GT Express, fill one side with entire bread batter. Close lid and let bake for 10 minutes. Unplug GT Express. Carefully remove bread and slice in two.

2 Servings/Per Serving: 122 Calories; 8g Fat (61.0% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 110mg Cholesterol; 191mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

*Entire Recipe: 244 Calories; 16g Fat (61.0% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber

Options: You can microwave this for 2 minutes or until done in center, if you don't have the GT Express. I have not baked it in the oven, but you could try baking it for 10 minutes or until it tests done with a wooden pick. The GT Express makes this come out excellent in texture and taste!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #462

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Buffy, I made the pizza dough amount but cooked it in a loaf pan and got 8 slices by cutting loaf in half and then each half into 4 square slices. I hope that makes sense, lol. And I think I baked it about 25 min.

Visit and dinner was good today with the inlaws. It's strange, because they never liked me at all and we've been married 44+ years. But I think they like me more now that I take them goodies. I really do it for my DH.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Buffy, I made the pizza dough amount but cooked it in a loaf pan and got 8 slices by cutting loaf in half and then each half into 4 square slices. I hope that makes sense, lol. And I think I baked it about 25 min.
Oh that's a great idea! Thank you!

Quote:
Visit and dinner was good today with the inlaws. It's strange, because they never liked me at all and we've been married 44+ years. But I think they like me more now that I take them goodies. I really do it for my DH.
They have missed out on so much. And you have shown yourself to be the loving person their son married. Ah, people are funny.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #464
Big Yapper!!!!

HOW COULD THEY NOT LIKE OUR SANDY??? Of course my MIL started out not liking me because she felt so loyal to DH's first wife, but in the end, I think she ended up liking me. By then, I didn't care, like you Sandy, I did what I did for DH.

Sandy, do you think if I just make the one piece, 1/8 of a recipe and microwave it, it will turn out? Guess I will try it and see, I want something quick and easy for dinner tonight.

Judy, DH got up with a stomach bug today too, he hasn't left the house all day, now for him that is SICK!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #465
Big Yapper!!!!

Went to her site and got recipe for one bun, which she says you can micro for 2 minutes. It's whats for dinner along with some of my moist brisket. And, after using that teaspoon of nutritional yeast, I will barely have any left .
Old 11-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Went to her site and got recipe for one bun, which she says you can micro for 2 minutes. It's whats for dinner along with some of my moist brisket. And, after using that teaspoon of nutritional yeast, I will barely have any left .
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Reporting back in. I liked the bread. My first instinct was oh, well, just another eggy OMM type of thing that is in the shape of bread and only because I made it in a square But, I toasted it, then slathered it with butter and found myself eating every bite of it, while having trouble eating my brisket, I probably only ate half of the 6 oz I had measured out on the meat. The only other thing I had eaten today was one of my meatloaf muffin tops, so I needed all that meat. The nutritional yeast really did add something to the flavor of it and I will continue to experiment with that recipe. For goodness sake, I have a big enough can of yeast that I can make it at least 50,000 more times I didn't want to open a bottle of wine and be forced to drink it, only needing 1 T of wine for the bread, so I used HWC. I should have brought home an opened bottle of wine from the painting party the other night but didn't think about it.

Then I finished off my meal with something yummy, I will go find the recipe for that and post it here.
BRB
Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #468
Big Yapper!!!!

This was posted by Pinky45 over on the High Fat 80/15/5 thread.

I make this dessert with cream cheese and it is so yummy! I put some strawberry davinci syrup in the one I made yesterday...very delish...and pink!
CHEESECAKE PUDDING
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 ounces sour cream
3/4 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
2 teaspoons vanilla

Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, Splenda and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Serve with fruit, if desired.

Makes 4 cups or 6 servings
Do not freeze
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #469
Big Yapper!!!!

I made this earlier and then divided it up into 4 smaller containers. To one, I added cocoa powder and a little more sweetness, made a very good chocolate. Similiar to the one I posted a month or so ago that just had the cream cheese and the sour cream, the addition of the HWC made this lighter and softer. I used a combo of liquid stevia and liquid splenda for the sweetener. Those were Pinky's notes on the strawberry but that sounds good, lemon flavoring sounds good, pumpkin? Lots of ways you can fix it.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #470

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Buffy, I didn't use wine when I made that bread either. I used cream with a little bit of vinegar in it to make it like buttermilk. I love that bread! And I like that I can make the 8 slice loaf. It takes us a while to eat that much bread.
The pudding sounds good.
I hate to say this but this evening I've started feeling very irky. I sure hope I'm not getting that bug. And if so I hope I didn't give it to all the old folks at the nursing home.
BTW, my MIL had a stroke 14-15 years ago and hasn't been able to speak, walk or really anything since. My FIL took care of her until they went in the nursing home 2 years ago. It's only been since then that they've seemed to accept me. Still I think it's b/c I bring lunch or dinner for them when we go. I tried for YEARS to somehow be a good enough DIL that they would like me. I finally gave up totally. And a few months later MIL had the massive stroke. She was 3 weeks shy of her 65th birthday! That's scary!!! Anyway, then my compassion won out over all those years of hurt feelings. And my love for DH. I have no idea why I'm sharing all of this. Sorry if TMI. Maybe I feel a bit melancholy tonight.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hi everyone!

I see you are experimenting on recipes and coming up with some yummy ones. Here I go doing some more copy paste into my recipe file. I'm such a creature of habit when it comes to using these new products. I'm learning how to bake gluten free by hanging out with you all.

We had a nice ride in the rain today. Not far from where we live is a nice road that goes over a mountain and comes out close to our beach town. We saw some deer enjoying the rain and further down one was in an apple orchard.

Now that the sun's down it's time for some Netflex. Have a nice evening ladies.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #472
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:

I can't believe anyone wouldn't like you!!
You're so lovable!

And you can always share here!!!

I love reading all the recipes, but don't feel like making anything.
Who wants to mail me stuff?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #473
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Woke up before 7 this morning and ready to get up, hope the extreme laziness I felt this last week has passed. Makes it really hard to accomplish anything.

MK, I will mail you some nutritional yeast if I can spare any out of my giant can If I spent as much time actually cooking as I do looking at recipes and talking about them, I would have enough food to feed out whole group!

Sandy, how are you feeling today. Hopefully better, not sure about DH, he has been in Camp David since before I got up, that is his man cave. Interesting info on your inlaws, how do/did they get along with other people? So many reasons they might have projected things on to you and when things got bad for them, who knows what might have gone through their minds about the way they had treated you. You did the right thing though, took the high road. I know your DH appreciated your efforts in spite of how they were treating you.

Have toffee to make today, a couple of orders on tuesday. It has to be made at least 24 hours in advance, so that I can then break it and package it.

I went by the boutique yesterday to see if anyone wanted to order, they were so busy that I just left my cards with the owner, told her I didn't want to bother anyone and she asked me if I wanted to come to a VIP event she was having on Dec. 2nd, hand out samples and take orders. So, guess I will do that.

Think I will make some more of the yeast bread today and make a slice into cinnamon french toast, that sounds good. Might up the amount of yeast in the recipe, I really liked the flavor it gave it.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning, Its a beautiful day here. Ready for worship!

Shelby's sick... ate some grease the other night & hasn't been eating since.(can't remember if I told you)... I took her to the vet & got a few shots to fight it & she does look a bit better, but very thin. Praying she pulls through & gets back to eating today.

Hope you all have a delightful day!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm better, but not at all "well". I hope none of you gets this.
I stayed home from church so I wouldn't risk exposing anyone.

Sandy that is quite an interesting story. And still - a testament to your own character and the love of your dh. I'm with MK - HOW could anybody not love you immediately?? Well, at least they love your food efforts.
I honestly think some people are simply not capable of showing the love we would prefer they show.

Going back to lie down. I need to start cooking things for Thanksgiving - I bought 3 fresh turkey legs Friday to roast and make early gravy. I'd put the meat in my dressing. I am better today, but I still feel weak and my stomach is bad.

Buffy I saw your post on the NK thread about getting off proton pump inhibitors (Nexium, etc) and other antacids.

Now that I have this flipping stomach virus I would like to say that after about 6 months, I am off ALL the acid-reducing meds. I used Omeprazole (otc 21 mg) for years. I bought some betaine hcl which was supposed to supply the acid we may be missing that leads to GERD. I haven't used it in months.

I have no idea whether Southern Girl's assertion that you can rid yourself of these otc medications in 3 days is correct - it was not correct for me. But slowly slowly and tapering is the way to go - or was for me.
There is a huge boomerang effect from these things.

I ended up supplementing with a generic Zantac. I think it's Ranitidine. It's cheap and it worked very well for me while I was tapering off Omeprazole. The other day I realized I'd forgotten to take the Ranitidine. I had 3 or 4 days of very very mild GERD and just drank more water.

After feeling near death yesterday morning, I took a Ranitidine just to make my stomach feel better. It didn't work. I've got a bug and it's going to go through its course.

One more caution regarding taking a shot of the Bragg's ACV. I worry you all will wish you'd checked out my IQ before accepting me but I have a lengthy story about taking acids as a shot.

I told you all earlier my family and I are big kidney stone formers. Two Christmases ago we spent in ICU with my sister who went septic after a stone blocked that kidney's urine flow. She lived and is fine - no problems. But that sure shattered my belief that a stone couldn't kill you - just made you feel like you wanted to die.

Anyhoozle urologist after urologist said that drinking lemon juice or lime juice or apple cider vinegar (in short - acids) actually could prevent a stone from getting too big to pass. I became instantly bored drinking lemonades, limeades. I started taking shots of the lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to get it over with and really damaged my esophagus. That absolutely made me need the anti-GERD medication for much longer. It took nearly a year to heal.

It might not happen to you, but it's my story of caution to you.

You know what does not hurt my stomach these last two days? Scrambled eggs.
Thank goodness.

Buffy you really should work to get your protein in, friend.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #476
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kcjudi
Stats: 187/178/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2007
Lard Sandy, I lurk most of the time
Bichelmeyers on 7th St off I-35, KCK has lard

kcjudi
kcjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that you say that, kcjudi - it occurs to me that some of our "less affluent" groceries carry tubs of lard. I hadn't thought about that until now.
Thanks!
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning, Its a beautiful day here. Ready for worship!

Shelby's sick... ate some grease the other night & hasn't been eating since.(can't remember if I told you)... I took her to the vet & got a few shots to fight it & she does look a bit better, but very thin. Praying she pulls through & gets back to eating today.

Hope you all have a delightful day!
Poor Shelby. I sure hope he gets better soon.

Our DD's rescue dog gets in anything that might kill him. They could probably afford a houseful of children if they didn't have to keep rushing that little mischief-finder to the emergency vet!
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #479
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, so sorry to hear Shelby is sick, to Shelby. That is scary.

Judy, I am sure I could not get over my gerd in 3 days, short of an internal replacement of all parts affected I have it pretty bad. I believe you are right, my only chance will be to taper off slowly and like you said, use generic zantac to help with the process. I had an upper GI specialist tell me that it would not cause any harm to take nexium or any of those meds forever???? And, I had decided that was my fate, but then decided that since I was eating LC, maybe now I had a shot at getting off of them. I always chase the ACV with water. Wow, if it isn't one thing, it's another.

Sorry you are still feeling bad and I doubt you feel like cooking at all today. Sandy, sure hope you are feeling better too. DH just left, said he couldn't take staying in any longer, he hardly ever spends a whole day at home, knew he really did not feel well yesterday. I don't expect him to be gone long today.

We have several hispanic grocers in the Dallas area and they all carry lard, but so does my local walmart.

Judy, that was a scary story about your sister 2 years ago. That same thing happened to a friend of my DDs. She was visiting her Mum in England and out to lunch when it happened. Excused herself to go to the bathroom and when she didn't return, her friend found her on the floor in the bathroom, they got her to the hospital and she pulled through but the doctors had prepared her mother for the worst. He had to stay in England for about 6 months before the doctors released her to travel back to the states.

Made the bread again for lunch, added 2 t of yeast, not much difference in taste and toasted again, buttered it and very good. though, I see what I have been making is (2) servings, whoops, not for me, it was one very filling serving.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had GERD in a huge way, too. They measure "how many days/week?" and I was measuring "how many times per day?"
Drinking water would give me reflux.

Oh! That's why I started the probiotics, too. And I honestly think this WOE is curing my gut. I just think it's not an overnight process. Also, possibly less helpful but I'm going to take them until they're gone - broccoli sprouts in capsule form. Supposed to help heal the gut but I don't know. I honestly also think coconut oil is great for our guts and for healing.

Tapering worked for me. Give it months and months.
I think I might make a little of that bread just to have on-hand for toast. That's usually my recovery go-to. I resisted it easily with this thing, though. Just didn't want to deal with the eventual up and down of carbs and then wheat, too.

PS - I don't think a teaspoonful of honey is good for us. Especially for diabetics.

England for 6 months??? Except for the circumstances I am pretty sure I could like that. But the circumstances!

Last edited by JMCM1; 11-18-2012 at 12:22 PM..