Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:32 PM   #421
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - yay! I hope you like them as much as i do!

Buffy -so glad you're better!
And I'll be missing 2 of my kids on Thanksgiving . . .

Judy - i love the fact you don't have to buy presents on Thanksgiving!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Debby, do you just mix it together like cereal? Or how do you fix it?
You probably wouldn't like it the way I eat it...
Before my dairy restriction... I used to put 1/4 cup protein powder, 1/4 cup oatbran, 1 TBS (or less) Coconut oil mix... then moisten with water... it used to be my "cookie-dough" treat
Now I use 1/4 cup oatbran, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1 TBS coconut. Moisten with coconut milk. It tastes good to me...but then, I am used to eating raw oats & no sweeteners.
I need the oatbran to keep regular.
I throw it into pancakes for dh & other things, since its so good for cholesterol.

DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I do love cookie dough but I need to check the nutritional info before I start that. It might be too good to stop if I find out there are too many carbs, lol.

You all are NOT going to believe this. No, you probably will. I HAVE resistant wheat starch already in my STASH of odd ingredients. So I wasted most of the day yesterday for nothing!!

I'm going to make a pre-pseudo Tgiving meal early in the a.m. to take down to my in-laws in the nursing home. I'm going to try to make a lc stuffing, buy one of those little turkey roasts, make some creamed turnips and my SF pies. It won't be a full blown dinner but I'm sure it'll be better than what they're used to. I hope I can keep it relatively hot enough to eat. I think I'll be able to.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #424
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
You probably wouldn't like it the way I eat it...
Before my dairy restriction... I used to put 1/4 cup protein powder, 1/4 cup oatbran, 1 TBS (or less) Coconut oil mix... then moisten with water... it used to be my "cookie-dough" treat
Now I use 1/4 cup oatbran, 1 TBS coconut oil, 1 TBS coconut. Moisten with coconut milk. It tastes good to me...but then, I am used to eating raw oats & no sweeteners.
I need the oatbran to keep regular.
I throw it into pancakes for dh & other things, since its so good for cholesterol.
I do something very not LC but take 1/2 a cup of thick cut oats, 2T of chia seed and pour almond milk over it (uncooked) and leave it sit overnight. I do like it warmed with additional almond milk and sweetener.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #425
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
You all are NOT going to believe this. No, you probably will. I HAVE resistant wheat starch already in my STASH of odd ingredients. So I wasted most of the day yesterday for nothing!!

I'm going to make a pre-pseudo Tgiving meal early in the a.m. to take down to my in-laws in the nursing home. I'm going to try to make a lc stuffing, buy one of those little turkey roasts, make some creamed turnips and my SF pies. It won't be a full blown dinner but I'm sure it'll be better than what they're used to. I hope I can keep it relatively hot enough to eat. I think I'll be able to.
Doesn't surprise me at all, I don't know how many times I have found things in my cupboard that I have been all over town looking for. Now I understand why older people leave so many things out and don't put them away, once they are behind a door, I forget I have them.

Very nice Sandy on the dinner for your in-laws!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #426
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, MK, you have now entered that age where you kids are spread all over the place and they don't all get to come home for all the holidays. It is getting to be less and less that I ever have them all home.

Well, my visit with the urologist went very well. Don't have to have a follow up unless more problems, darn, he is such a nice, handsome young doctor. He was interested and very supportive of my LC WOE and impressed with the 15 lbs I had lost since I last seen him. We talked about cholesterol and he had lowered his by walking and losing weight and assured me that I could to, and also, agreed with me about not wanting to be on lipitor.

And, I am happy to report a new low on my scale this AM, 192.4!!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Remember everyone, I have that huge can of nutritional yeast, enough to sand the streets if it would happen to snow here Now, I have to dig out that bread recipe that I bought it to use in.

Going to attempt a LC meatloaf today. My favorite recipe calls for oatmeal. I am thining of throwing in a little bit of the almond bran that I bought a while back. ??? We will see what I end up with.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #428

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Oat bran does make a lovely hot cereal..Not terribly high in carbs, I don't believe.

Wowza, Buffy..192 is amazing...

I think my 2nd dose of Metformin has kicked in as I was 151 today..Crossing fingers and toes that this is what I needed..

Nice weather..did my SlowBurn, then my exercise friends took me out to lunch..I had meatballs/cheese and salad..No bread..

Big game for KSU tomorrow night..Baylor isn't that good a team this year, so we are ever hopeful..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #429

I use pork rinds in my lc meatloaf. Very good!
People use the yeast flakes for flavoring too. Like parmesan cheese. It's very good for us I guess. Who knew??? Not me. I bought another tiny bag yesterday as I was searching for the stuff I already had.

I made 2 lc stuffing/dressing recipes today. I'll report back how they go over with DH, etc. They sure smell good!!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Buffy you sure have been steady - And what great timing! Right before holidays and toffee-making and cookies. We have such good sweet things that fit right in our plan.
You can still look forward to our good food and apparently keep losing! And you are helping DD lose, too.

I don't think it has wheat in it - maybe a bunch of other things I don't want, but my meatloaf is: 2 lbs. ground sirloin, 1 envelope onion Lipton Secrets or whatever it calls itself now, used to be 1 can evaporated milk, but now I just add 12 oz. Hood Calorie Countdown. Oh I also add some chopped green pepper. I top it with low carb ketchup because if my kids opened the refrigerator and saw an untopped meatloaf, they'd disown me!

Carolyn how do you feel? Hooray if the Metformin is kicking in!

Sandy you are a wonderful daughter-in-law. The homemade food will be such a nice offering, and of course the gathering will be the best thing!

Buffy I wish I could help you out with that nutritional yeast - if you can't find your recipe let me know!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I use pork rinds in my lc meatloaf. Very good!
People use the yeast flakes for flavoring too. Like parmesan cheese. It's very good for us I guess. Who knew??? Not me. I bought another tiny bag yesterday as I was searching for the stuff I already had.

I made 2 lc stuffing/dressing recipes today. I'll report back how they go over with DH, etc. They sure smell good!!
I'm so happy you're making early food to help us choose!! Thank you!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM   #432

Glad to be of help. Now watch, when I need to make it for the dinner, I won't. Lol
Old 11-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #433

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post12761881
This is one of them. Very good!

And the other:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16075649

It's good too but has an odd texture. It might get better as it cools a little. Both are good enough to try, IMO.
The texture is more like Stove Top stuffing and less like homemade bread stuffing, which is what we usually have.

Last edited by sjl330; 11-16-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 11-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post12761881
This is one of them. Very good!

And the other:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16075649

It's good too but has an odd texture. It might get better as it cools a little. Both are good enough to try, IMO.
My goodness! I would not have guessed.
Well I'll print them and I think I'm going to make a trial dressing this weekend, a small amount, to see how I like it. I'll report back!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #435
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I love dressing! Again, not LC but I start with Jiffy corn muffin mix cubed and dried mixed with equal amounts of croutons with herbs and sauteed onions and celery. I like to stuff the bird too! Call me old fashioned!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:51 PM   #436

My mom made good stuffing with stale bread..Those days are gone..I'm glad I don't have to make stuffing on Thursday..But, I think I made the oopsie one once and maybe Chicken Lady's, too..

Judy: I do feel fine taking the Met ER..No tummy distress..I was a little concerned, cuz
I have a sensitive tummy, but nothing so far..
Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #437
Big Yapper!!!!

My meatloaf ended up yummy. Of course I didn't measure anything, but it was ground beef, salt, pepper and a little minced garlic, lots of chopped onion. To this I added an egg, some HWC, about 2 T of mild salsa, what I grabbed and thought was flaxmeal but it was flax seed, golden, about 1/4 cup of that, about 1/4 cup of almond bran, some LC catsup and a little mustard. Mixed it all up, made 6 patties I baked on my foil covered muffin top pan, then topped with some LC catsup, mustard and swerve, mixed up and added last 5 minutes of baking. Should have written down amounts but really didn't think it would be as good as it was.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #438
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
My mom made good stuffing with stale bread..Those days are gone..I'm glad I don't have to make stuffing on Thursday..But, I think I made the oopsie one once and maybe Chicken Lady's, too..

Judy: I do feel fine taking the Met ER..No tummy distress..I was a little concerned, cuz
I have a sensitive tummy, but nothing so far..
That's what we always had in Iowa, bread stuffing, loved it. Since moving to TX I have gotten used to cornbread stuffing and love it too.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #439
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh, MK, you have now entered that age where you kids are spread all over the place and they don't all get to come home for all the holidays. It is getting to be less and less that I ever have them all home.

Well, my visit with the urologist went very well. Don't have to have a follow up unless more problems, darn, he is such a nice, handsome young doctor. He was interested and very supportive of my LC WOE and impressed with the 15 lbs I had lost since I last seen him. We talked about cholesterol and he had lowered his by walking and losing weight and assured me that I could to, and also, agreed with me about not wanting to be on lipitor.

And, I am happy to report a new low on my scale this AM, 192.4!!
I'm sad about this being the "new" part of my life ~ but so happy for you on everything else!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #440
Princess Proofreader

I love my meatloaf recipe . . . at some point I'll have to play with it.

This Thanksgiving will be like all the others - I'll eat lots of turkey and drink wine!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #441
Big Yapper!!!!

It is sad MK
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I love my meatloaf recipe . . . at some point I'll have to play with it.

This Thanksgiving will be like all the others - I'll eat lots of turkey and drink wine!
I do that too!!! Love it!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
That's what we always had in Iowa, bread stuffing, loved it. Since moving to TX I have gotten used to cornbread stuffing and love it too.
I only like bread stuffing; I don't care for the cornbread stuffing. Maybe that's more the texture of Widget's recipe? Oh, BTW, DH liked Widgets better than Grandma's meat stuffing. I was opposite? I think I'll take a little of both tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #444
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I'm sad about this being the "new" part of my life ~ but so happy for you on everything else!!!
Every day (even though we don't talk every day or see each other every day) I am so happy our kids live in our same town.

I am sorry your kids are scattered - I know it's more the norm.
I hope that means SO many more fun trips in your future, SO many more fun vacations as a big family. Augh - it's a difficult time. So sorry.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #445
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I only like bread stuffing; I don't care for the cornbread stuffing. Maybe that's more the texture of Widget's recipe? Oh, BTW, DH liked Widgets better than Grandma's meat stuffing. I was opposite? I think I'll take a little of both tomorrow.
And that's why I'm positive I won't try Widget's recipe. This weekend (after we return tomorrow NIGHT... LATE...from out-of-town wedding ) I'm going to try Barbo's suggestion of making I think Maria's sub recipe, letting it dry out, and then making my normal dressing.

Will let you know.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #446
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Every day (even though we don't talk every day or see each other every day) I am so happy our kids live in our same town.

I am sorry your kids are scattered - I know it's more the norm.
I hope that means SO many more fun trips in your future, SO many more fun vacations as a big family. Augh - it's a difficult time. So sorry.
Consider yourself lucky!!!

As long as the kids are in new jobs - with no vacation time, there won't be many big family trips - just DH and I traveling around to all their towns!

It would be nice if we could get them all in the Midwest . . . or at least get DD26 closer than Aspen!

Quote:
I do that too!!! Love it!!

If I'm going to get my calories, they're going to be fun ones!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #447
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Hi y'all!
Last couple of days I have been adding carbs. Added (blueberries & apple). Getting near 1,500 calories. But experienced "hunger" yesterday... So, I need to cut back to see where the magic carb number for me is, to keep from getting hungry... don't like hunger!

Today I had a nice relaxing morning, worked on books. Then went for a hike/walk through the bush/snow with the neighbor & 2 pups. Had an excellent work-out.

I skipped the blueberries today & didn't have the "hunger" thing today.

I tried to BBQ 12 lbs of chicken... just about burned the house down! Not going to BBQ thighs again. Saved 'em, & finished in oven but it was quite the fire! LOL. Also did 10 lbs of lean hamburgers. All set now!

Happy chatting!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #448

Hi ladies..

Debby: What?????? Yes, thighs are pretty fatty..LOL..You certainly will have enough food for a while. I don't like hunger either..

MKay: The blessing is that our kids have jobs, but vacation time isn't like school time..Our sinlaw works at a bank and never gets the Friday after Thanksgiving off..So, we go up there..and go out..

Your meatloaf sounded wonderful, Buffy..It is hard to mess it up..However, for my dh, a meatloaf needs green peppers..LOL..
Old 11-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #449
Big Yapper!!!!

Yikes Debby, turn that grill down! Yes, hunger is so dangerous, because it tempts us so to eat carby things. You are doing a real balancing act to get the maintainence right.

Even if your kids are in the same town, you still have to share them, once married, with their in-laws, DD#2 and her family live in Dallas but are flying to San Francisco tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with my DSIL's family. They still all came home pretty much until the marriages started, then is when the splits really begin and I try to make it as easy on them as possible, have seen or heard too many young couples complain that their parents make them feel so guilty if they don't come to both houses, or on the right day, whatever. I want my kids to establish traditions with their children that they love and if that means being in their own home, or whatever, then I want them to do that. My oldest DD has lived in NE ever since she left for college, so never have had her much on the holidays but we remain as close as ever, talk on the phone all the time. Just not having the Norman Rockwall holidays that I would have loved, but then I don't live in that big old victorian mansion either??? Where did my life go wrong

DGS Grant, almost 13 now, if out of school next week so imagine he will spend a couple of days, nights hanging out with Mema at my house. He turns 13 in December and little Oliver turns 2 in December.

Scale bounce was up 1 lb today so was happy to see that, just 1 lb. On the way home yesterday afternoon, I stopped at a Smokehouse and got a lb of the moist brisket that I love. Mixed up some of my homemade mayo and horseradish to dip it in and we had that for dinner, it was so good.

Not sure what will be on the menu today, I have some of my chicken broth and chicken and am thinking maybe an egg drop soup would be good. And, some kind of LC bread, just have to choose one of the many recipes I have pulled aside to try.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, did you notice that I used a little of our almond bran in the meatloaf? It worked great. Just 1/4 cup.

One of our local places sent out their TG menu, which looked very very good, but it almost seems like a waste of money to spend that much and only be able to eat the meats and maybe 1-2 of the veggies and I don't want to be tempted to just slide down the buffet face first, which it might make me do. The chef there is very very good.