Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

One of the gals at the meeting was eating an Atkins bar with celery for her lunch.. She is a nurse and is losing weight...

Oh, Debby...how fun for you..Those are "busy" doggies..I know you will enjoy her..Name?????

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Do any of you eat the bars? I have steered clear of them, they seem so small to replace a meal and I am afraid of going overboard. Although, I did order 2 quest bars just to try.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #213

Yes, I do eat Atkins bars for a meal replacement with coffee/cream for breakfast once in a while. My ds loves the Quest Bars. One is his breakfast. I like the Natural Peanut Butter/Jelly and the Brownie ones..I'll be interested to see how it reacts with your blood sugar, Buffy..
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

There are times when they would be very convenient. Wish I had one right now, just found out I have to go meet some people and won't have time to eat now, or until I get home, so that will be later. That would have worked to take with me.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
LOL... ya, they're actually very sweet, smart temperaments.

Ya, no name yet. We have to drive 7 hrs to get her...
Last one I found online... 10 yrs. ago... we had to drive 5 hrs. She was so worth it!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Border Collie and Aussie is a great combination. What fun. Love puppies!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #217

Big News:

Dd Beth got a 3 month job as an event planner at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.
She had 2 over the phone interviews and will go out there and live in Salt Lake City
while working in Park City. She is taking a leave of absence from her real job.
This will be good experience for her resume and a change of pace. Her dh will probably
go see her once in a while as they live in KCity..
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Big News:

Dd Beth got a 3 month job as an event planner at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah.
She had 2 over the phone interviews and will go out there and live in Salt Lake City
This will be good experience for her resume and a change of pace. Her dh will probably
OH.
MY.
GOSH.
That is huge.

Many congratulations to her!!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #219

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Wow Carolyn, that's fantastic!!!! I bet she's so excited and yes, what a boost for a resume. And just think of how many famous people she'll probably meet. So many contacts, who knows where this could go! Will she be there for the winter time? That might be a bit daunting, lol. I hope Sean is able to visit her often.

Buffy, I'm with you on the size of the bars. I like to eat more than that. I haven't tried the Quest bars yet though.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Sandy the Quest bars for me were very addictive. I have to keep away from them they are way too good!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Iím playing super catch-up today!!

Judy: Those cream cheese clouds are very tasty, did you try them yet? I find that I have some portion control with them at night, which is when I need to watch my calories. They are just so easy to pop one in your mouth when you get the slightly munchy feeling at night.

Buffy: You are being such an adventurous baker! I read that pecan pie muffin recipe on Carolynís blog and I thought they sounded pretty tasty, I think Iíll give them a try soon too. I have not been courageous enough to try making my own mayo, all the recipes I had read involved lots of careful and slow pouring in of oil while beating or blending and I was just not ready to waste all that oil if I messed up. But your recipe sounds easy and good, I love stick blenders

Carolyn: That is really great news about Beth, such a wonderful experience!

I canít eat the Atkins bars, I canít lose while eating those. I did just get my hands on a few Quest bars this week but I havenít tried them yet. We are going away this weekend to a wedding out of state and I wanted some ďemergencyĒ food just in case. Bars never really feel like a meal to me, more like a snack.

I learned how to pick saffron this weekend. My sister and her husband just bought a house that has a huge garden from the previous owners. And they grow tons of saffron (and about 3 dozen other things) and showed us what to do with it. If I have time Iíd like to go pick some this week but Iíve got a bunch of stuff to get done. I really need to figure out what Iím going to wear to our friendís wedding this Saturday, I donít really want to buy anything so Iím hoping something is my closet is going to fit.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #222

Thanks Sharon, good to know!

Jess, isn't saffron that really, really expensive spice/herb? Whatever it is. Man, you probably need to stock up on that!! Good luck on finding the right outfit. I hate doing that. Until I find exactly what I want. If I ever do!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Big News:

I am so happy for Beth! Aren't you a proud Mommy!!! Great experience for her and her resume.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #224
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
Iím playing super catch-up today!!

Judy: Those cream cheese clouds are very tasty, did you try them yet? I find that I have some portion control with them at night, which is when I need to watch my calories. They are just so easy to pop one in your mouth when you get the slightly munchy feeling at night.

Buffy: You are being such an adventurous baker! I read that pecan pie muffin recipe on Carolynís blog and I thought they sounded pretty tasty, I think Iíll give them a try soon too. I have not been courageous enough to try making my own mayo, all the recipes I had read involved lots of careful and slow pouring in of oil while beating or blending and I was just not ready to waste all that oil if I messed up. But your recipe sounds easy and good, I love stick blenders

Carolyn: That is really great news about Beth, such a wonderful experience!

I canít eat the Atkins bars, I canít lose while eating those. I did just get my hands on a few Quest bars this week but I havenít tried them yet. We are going away this weekend to a wedding out of state and I wanted some ďemergencyĒ food just in case. Bars never really feel like a meal to me, more like a snack.

I learned how to pick saffron this weekend. My sister and her husband just bought a house that has a huge garden from the previous owners. And they grow tons of saffron (and about 3 dozen other things) and showed us what to do with it. If I have time Iíd like to go pick some this week but Iíve got a bunch of stuff to get done. I really need to figure out what Iím going to wear to our friendís wedding this Saturday, I donít really want to buy anything so Iím hoping something is my closet is going to fit.
The Cream cheese clouds are on my list of things to try soon. They sound very good. My problem is seeing and finding sooo many recipes I want to try and I don't have enough calories in my day to make them and eat them

Yes, the bars scare me a little but need to have something on hand for emergencies when I can't eat. Yesterday I went way too long between lunch and dinner (11:30) last night and I was not feeling well, BS went too low, not a good thing.

I really don't know what you use Saffron for, let us know.

Hope you find something in your closet to wear so you don't have to go buy something, which by the time you need it again, will be too big. Good problem to have but can be costly. I went to a clothing party the other night and the representative was commenting on my weight loss and how it was really showing , just 12 lbs? But, she was, then tried to talk me into buying a really cute pair of pants that were pretty pricey. I did love them but told her, hey, I hope that I won't even wear this size in a couple of months. She had to agree.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #225

Hi gals..

Thanks for the wishes for Beth..She is excited. She told me that she would be helping with the "upper end" events. She is not the original planner on these events, just helping them execute. She is good at posting FB pictures, so that will be fun.

Atkins doctor wasn't in, so have an appointment in a few weeks..90 minutes. I have to
get my blood work results from my other doctor so I don't have to get things drawn again..

Yes, I only use bars on occasion and for a meal sub. Sometimes I will have 1/2 of one for an afternoon snack..Most bars have around 200 calories or a little less, so they aren't "free"..LOL..

Buffy: Yup...hurray for peeps noticing..Save your money until you get down further...Great idea.

I got some almond bran in the mail today..Going to try Maria's almond bran muffins. Will let you guys know if they are good..This almond bran is a new thing..I wonder if
it would make a nice hot LC cereal..hmmm..

Old 10-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, hadn't heard of almond bran, must go look that up. Yes, I need a really good muffin recipe for DD to grab and go.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #227
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Big News:

So over the winter? In Park City? Does she ski because that's what I would be doing!!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

I am so excited, I got my Sten Skaldeman book, Lose Weight by eating Nordic Superfood, The Scandinavian Diet. Shipping kept saying it should arrive at the end of the month so was very happy to get it today. I have to work in my office this afternoon but I just can't wait to start reading it.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #229
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lastchancesaloon
Stats: 179/179/129
Start Date: Oct 2013
Hello, just joined & was invited to join your thread!

The 'eat fat' challenge is still a new concept for me, so really happy to see your success rates. Am only on day 2 of this new way of eating, so am eager to learn as much as I can.

Menu today:

Breakfast - home made scotch egg, coffee with cream
No snack
Lunch - half a german sausage + salad
Snack - 100g cheese
Dinner - 3 chicken thighs, salad, no sugar jelly + cream

The night isn't over, but don't intend to have anything else other than a decaff coffee with cream & splenda!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancesaloon View Post
Hello, just joined & was invited to join your thread!

The 'eat fat' challenge is still a new concept for me, so really happy to see your success rates. Am only on day 2 of this new way of eating, so am eager to learn as much as I can.

Menu today:

Breakfast - home made scotch egg, coffee with cream
No snack
Lunch - half a german sausage + salad
Snack - 100g cheese
Dinner - 3 chicken thighs, salad, no sugar jelly + cream

The night isn't over, but don't intend to have anything else other than a decaff coffee with cream & splenda!
. glad to have you join us!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last chance!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
lastchance !
Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lastchancesaloon
Stats: 179/179/129
Start Date: Oct 2013
Thank you! Am really interested in reading all your stories - were you scared initially to increase your fat....and would you say the initial weight loss was high, moderate or low?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #234

Welcome Lastchance!!!

Buffy, I can't wait for you to share your pearls of wisdom that you glean from that book.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

I know, I can't wait to sit down with it tonight. Almost finished up with the finishing up of my tax papers to send off to the CPA with DH in the morning.

I keep clicking on this thread to get Carolyn's verdict of the muffins, they have been baked!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi gals..

I got some almond bran in the mail today..Going to try Maria's almond bran muffins. Will let you guys know if they are good..This almond bran is a new thing..I wonder if
it would make a nice hot LC cereal..hmmm..
If I could make a LC cereal, I could get my husband on board.
And I would be pretty happy myself. I wish we hadn't bought into cereal.
It's so convenient - like all the other junk out there!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancesaloon View Post
Thank you! Am really interested in reading all your stories - were you scared initially to increase your fat....and would you say the initial weight loss was high, moderate or low?
LastChance, I just got started back on LC in Sept., my progress is below my signature. I had been away from LC, but not these friends here, for 4 years and had nearly gotten swallowed up by carbs, my heavens but that just gets worse and worse, the more you eat, the more you want.

But, in answer to your question, I wasn't scared to increase fat b/c I have had very strong opinions on the fact that our nation really became fat after the LF craze began. The thing you have to watch is that fat carries a lot of calories and for a good portion of us, calories do count. So, when you up your fat, you have to take that in consideration and lower something else unless you are one of the lucky ones with the metabolism to eat a lot of calories and still lose and some people are. I had tried HF several years ago with LC but paid no attention to calories. I did not lose, but funny thing, I didn't gain either. Now, with watching my protein intake, and carbs and raising my fat, I am losing.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

I know Judy, I do love me some cereal, hot or cold. Not that I have had any for over 5 weeks now!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
LastChance, I just got started back on LC in Sept., my progress is below my signature. I had been away from LC, but not these friends here, for 4 years and had nearly gotten swallowed up by carbs, my heavens but that just gets worse and worse, the more you eat, the more you want.

But, in answer to your question, I wasn't scared to increase fat b/c I have had very strong opinions on the fact that our nation really became fat after the LF craze began. The thing you have to watch is that fat carries a lot of calories and for a good portion of us, calories do count. So, when you up your fat, you have to take that in consideration and lower something else unless you are one of the lucky ones with the metabolism to eat a lot of calories and still lose and some people are. I had tried HF several years ago with LC but paid no attention to calories. I did not lose, but funny thing, I didn't gain either. Now, with watching my protein intake, and carbs and raising my fat, I am losing.

That seems to be the key here with eating high fat - lowering the amount of protein we eat.
Low carb, high fat, moderate protein.

(Buffy you are doing so well! You must be so pleased!)
Old 10-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, where did you find that recipe of Maria's that then led to your search for the almond bran? I would like more of her recipes, maybe you have 1 or more of her cookbooks?
Closed Thread