Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #481
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning everyone!
I think UTI is better, I feel better, but still am having some discomfort, despite the pain meds they gave me. I really did a number on my self this time by not getting to the Dr. quick enough. Back pain is a little better too.

DD has requested another supply of fat bombs, "chocolate vitamins" we now call them. I have a big container of cocoa roast almonds and have been dropping 2 of them into each cavity in the silicone mold. Yummy.

Not sure what else is on the menu today, I have an avocado that is ready so it wil be eaten throughout the day, poor me I remember the days of finding out how good they were, then finding out how "fattening" they were, WRONG, and trying to not ever buy them or eat them. It is so nice to know now that was wrong and they are GOOD for us!! Yay

Surgery DD just sent me a message that she is going into the Dr. today and thinks they will remove her drain. I hope so, that will make things a lot easier for her and means she is doing very well. I was going to go down tomorrow to take her to the Dr. but it sounds like things are progressing faster and her DH can take her today.

NK DD hit a new low over the weekend of being in the 196's too, so we are both very happy and both seeing inches lost in our waistlines.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
We finally have internet again. So many people to congratulate, so little time...
But congrats to all the losers!!

Buffy if you ever decide to dabble in wheat occasionally, I used to buy those Joseph's pitas at Wal-Mart. You might be able to find them there, too. I always liked them, but like you are off wheat. I wish we knew what kept causing the UTIs. SO uncomfortable and to keep recurring...

WOW you had a good weight loss week. And congrats to your DD, too.
It's exciting to keep losing.

Carolyn thank you for the recipe. I'll hold off printing until Sandy's issues are resolved!

Debby one day I'll talk about being at goal!! I just know it - until then I'll revel in your glories.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #483
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning everyone!
I think UTI is better, I feel better, but still am having some discomfort, despite the pain meds they gave me. I really did a number on my self this time by not getting to the Dr. quick enough. Back pain is a little better too.
Oh thank goodness.

Quote:
Not sure what else is on the menu today, I have an avocado that is ready so it wil be eaten throughout the day, poor me I remember the days of finding out how good they were, then finding out how "fattening" they were, WRONG, and trying to not ever buy them or eat them. It is so nice to know now that was wrong and they are GOOD for us!! Yay
Isn't that the truth?? I think about how long I've picked at delicious avocados 'knowing' how 'fattening' they are. HA! They are a blessing on this way of eating!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #484
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, glad your internet is back in business, we missed you.

I got a box in the mail the other day, didn't know what it was. Opened and it is a new router, my provider says mine is out of date, to install this one asap. I plan on doing it today, wonder if I will notice anything different, seems to be working fine right now.?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #485
Big Yapper!!!!

Whoops, cut the avocado in two, threw away the seed, now I have to eat the whole thing, which, I just did!!! Wow, I am full and that was very good, it was at a perfect stage. Not sure when I will be hungry again.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #486
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy, glad your internet is back in business, we missed you.

I got a box in the mail the other day, didn't know what it was. Opened and it is a new router, my provider says mine is out of date, to install this one asap. I plan on doing it today, wonder if I will notice anything different, seems to be working fine right now.?
I got a new router a couple of months ago - no difference. I think they will replace the modem today. They replaced a loose fitting 3 or 4 days ago.
This is getting old...
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #487
Big Yapper!!!!

I like my computer and my car to be exactly the same. When I get in/on, start up, run like a champ, no problems, no slowdowns, get me back where I started. End of story!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #488
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Buffy - me too. Just work!

Cindy my breakfast is happening right now, minus the Joseph's pita.
I smashed up a whole avocado, added a little onion powder and a little garlic powder and salt and a packet of True Lime (less than 1g carb great lime flavor).

Two eggs over easy on top of that.
I might add a little salsa, but golleeeeeeee this is gooooooood.

Now editing to add: I will not be hungry for a very very very very long time!

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-22-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
I smashed up a whole avocado, added a little onion powder and a little garlic powder and salt and a packet of True Lime (less than 1g carb great lime flavor).

Two eggs over easy on top of that.
I might add a little salsa, but golleeeeeeee this is gooooooood.
Judy, what a fantastic breakfast! Avocados are my best friend. Glad you have your computer back. I have to take mine in for a recall on a hard drive. Thank goodness for my laptop!

Quote:
Buffy so glad your feeling better. That's a miserable discomfort for sure. I still have to try making those fat bombs. I have been making the pumpkin muffins and Dh and I have been enjoying them.

Cindy, thanks for that cheesecake recipe. That will be a great addition for our Thanksgiving.

Here we go on a brand new week. Make it as good as it gets and I'll bbl.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #490
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, I am making some things today for DD's and myself. Which pumpkin muffin recipe are you using? I pulled out a recipe for pumpkin bars, of course I have made the pumpkin bake, looking for something else to try. Going to make the taco soup to take to post surgery DD, so she has something easy to just heat up and eat.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #491
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals...

Grumble...scale was not my friend this morning..too many cheats on the weekend..
Did my SlowBurn this a.m., then Bible Study, then errands..Since I have increased
my handweights to 10 pounds, instead of 8 pounds, my modified pushups are easier..

Yeah, Buffy.....So happy for both of you...

Judy: Yup..I got a new modem and it was like a miracle..No stall-outs.

Went to McD's and got a new CBO..for lunch..Cheddar Bacon and Onion..No bun, of course, so I think I will be full for quite a while.

Dh left for Vancouver today..

Hugs all around..

Friday is my appointment with the LCarb Weight Loss Dr...So, I have lots of paperwork
to fill out and deliver pre-appointment.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy the pumpkin muffins are from Julie. I got it when she posted it here. Husband loves them and they are so easy to throw together.

Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin Muffins (or pumpkin BREAD) (My mother made these 9-18-12; made 9 regular-sized muffins)
(Maria Emmerich)

1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 TBS Butter or Coconut Oil
½ cup Swerve (OR 1/3 cup Erythritol and ½ tsp stevia glycerite)
3 large eggs
1 cup fresh OR canned pumpkin

In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix butter, sweetener, eggs and pumpkin until smooth. Stir wet ingredients into dry. Grease or place paper liners in muffin tins. Spoon batter into the pan. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Cool and top with cream cheese frosting! Makes 6 servings. (ours made 9 regular-sized muffins)

FROSTING:
4 oz cream cheese or coconut cream
2 TBS unsweetened almond milk (I would use HWC)
3 TBS Confectioners Swerve OR a touch of stevia glycerite (to taste)

Mix together and place a dollop on top of muffins.

For 9 servings, MasterCook says:
Cals: 220; Fat: 19; Carb: 7; Fiber: 3; Protein: 7
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Debby one day I'll talk about being at goal!! I just know it - until then I'll revel in your glories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Yeah on your goal, Debby....
Did my SlowBurn this a.m., then Bible Study, then errands..Since I have increased my handweights to 10 pounds, instead of 8 pounds, my modified pushups are easier..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Woo Hoo! Debby you are really doing great. My dream is to be there with you someday. You have the right idea about getting down lower for the buffering so you can catch yourself. Have a nice ending to the weekend.
Thanks all! I don't quite know "what" to do about being at my goal... still want to use my old clothes that are a bit snug... I'm happy eating this way, not hungry & still have so many restrictions, I think its going to take too much "thinking" to change it! I'll just keep on keeping on, with fewer "low-cal. days." Then I guess I'll add the food-group "fruit" back in, but I'm not really excited about doing that.
Quote:
Did my SlowBurn this a.m., then Bible Study, then errands..Since I have increased my handweights to 10 pounds, instead of 8 pounds, my modified pushups are easier..
Wow Carolyn! 10 lb wts. What do you do with them? I have hand wts. that I lift, but I don't think they are doing anything. The push-ups I do are REALLY working though.
Have a great day girls!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #494

Debby: On the 10 pound weights, I do lifts from the shoulder, then bicep curls, then
arm rows..and then shoulder shrugs. I had been doing 8 pounds, but felt I needed to move up for more of a muscle building challenge.

Sharon...Thanks for that recipe..
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #495
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, the muffins are out of the oven. Wow, these are a KEEPER for sure. I love them. ate one warm with butter on one half and a mixture I made up of cream cheese, splenda, pumpkin oil, and pumpkin pie spice. Yummy with either.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #496
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh those pumpkin muffins are the ones my mother made 9-18-12.
They are fantastic.
Thanks for the reminder - time to make them again!

Judy, a/k/a Julie

----
Wait Buffy - pumpkin oil? Where do we find such a thing?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #497
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh those pumpkin muffins are the ones my mother made 9-18-12.
They are fantastic.
Thanks for the reminder - time to make them again!

Judy, a/k/a Julie

----
Wait Buffy - pumpkin oil? Where do we find such a thing?
Opps! I got the first 2 letters right!!!! Sorry Judy. I'm old you know...

Hum pumpkin oil? Love to know that one too Buffy.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #498

Hi ladies..

Sob, sob...after several high carb events, I'm at 156...So, totally back on track today..totally..

Off to exercise, then Wallies/then Bible Study..Have to make some deviled eggs and a fruit salad for a funeral dinner tomorrow..
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #499
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Carolyn, you have been caught up in a whirlwinde of activites lately, so many events, so much time spent away from your kitchen. You will do great once you get back in to your normal routine. So much easier to do LC at home where you have control.

Ahh, Judy, sorry about that. There is a little faint memory hidden in the back of my mind about you talking about your Mom making those muffins. Wow, they are good. The pumpkin oil is from American Spice, a little bottle of flavored oil where you just put in a drop at a time. To be honest, I am not too impressed with these. I never know how much to add and always afraid to overdo it, thus, really can't taste much flavor from them. But, there they sit, so I use them. The muffins were quick and easy to make, hope DD's enjoy them as much as I did. I love nuts in muffins so my next batch will have some type of nuts in them, probably pecans.

I sure am looking for a cheap source of chopped nuts, lots of good deals online until you get to the shipping costs. I am tired of chopping nuts, trying to not overchop them, blah blah blah. And I need a cheaper source of nutiva CO, going through a lot of that making the girls their fat bombs plus what I use.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi ladies..

Sob, sob...after several high carb events, I'm at 156...So, totally back on track today..totally..

Off to exercise, then Wallies/then Bible Study..Have to make some deviled eggs and a fruit salad for a funeral dinner tomorrow..
Carolyn - of course Buffy is right. You have been so busy and those carbs will definitely creep, little by little... You'll shed it and quickly.
I wish I was exercising as you are.

On another note, I finally lost .5 pound. I now weight what Carolyn is sobbing to weigh! And I'm happy about it! I wonder if it's the thyroid medication as I have had no change in food. I did become more aware to eat more calories as you all suggested.

Quote:
Morning!

Carolyn, you have been caught up in a whirlwinde of activites lately, so many events, so much time spent away from your kitchen. You will do great once you get back in to your normal routine. So much easier to do LC at home where you have control.

Ahh, Judy, sorry about that. There is a little faint memory hidden in the back of my mind about you talking about your Mom making those muffins. Wow, they are good. The pumpkin oil is from American Spice, a little bottle of flavored oil where you just put in a drop at a time. To be honest, I am not too impressed with these. I never know how much to add and always afraid to overdo it, thus, really can't taste much flavor from them. But, there they sit, so I use them. The muffins were quick and easy to make, hope DD's enjoy them as much as I did. I love nuts in muffins so my next batch will have some type of nuts in them, probably pecans.

I sure am looking for a cheap source of chopped nuts, lots of good deals online until you get to the shipping costs. I am tired of chopping nuts, trying to not overchop them, blah blah blah. And I need a cheaper source of nutiva CO, going through a lot of that making the girls their fat bombs plus what I use.
Pulse in the food processor? Maybe?

Buffy when I decided to go full-on low carb, I bought so many products hoping to keep myself interested. I think I might need to dust them now.
The very teeny little I've used the 'oils' or flavorings I've also been unimpressed. Meh.

I LOVE the spices that make up pumpkin pie flavoring. I over-do them with glee!

I don't know a cheap source of chopped nuts. I think Honeyville does free shipping after a certain price threshold.

I just saw a recipe for brownies that uses peanut flour. And I know I want to try it so I am now looking for peanut flour.

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-23-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #501
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Morning!

After our little rain yesterday our night was really chilly. It felt good to have that Fall feeling. Carolyn you will be just fine with a couple of on program days. The trick as you know is don't let it go too far before putting a lock down on what you are eating.

Looks like we are going to be out and about a little bit this morning. Check back later.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #502
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, congrats on the new low!!!

I know, I have had box after box of items coming to the house, DH just rolls his eyes. But, when I see a recipe, I want to be able to try it. Like you and the peanut flour!

I think I am the only person who does not have a food processer, will borrow DD's today. I have the little teeny one and use that, but takes a while to get through very many nuts.

Hi Sharon, we got a little rain as well but it is warm and humid here today.

I will check out Honeyville, I need to order blanched almond flour anyway.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #503
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I will check out Honeyville, I need to order blanched almond flour anyway
I was watching a video of Maria Emmerich making some things and she recommended Honeyville for almond flour over Red Mill. Funny you should mention it too.

Judy great going on the weight loss.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #504
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
When I weigh my avocado, minus pit and skin, it is roughly 150 grams which according to ****** is 250 calories. I need to make sure that is correct but that's not bad! And I am figuring at the higher calorie California variety.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 10-23-2012 at 12:36 PM..
Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy that's roughly what I get, too.

Question for you when you get time: Why did you start raising carbs?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #506

I love Honeyville and sometimes I get coupons in the email, too..

You guys are making me hungry for avocados...

Tonight is our Queen Neelah Pageant..High school senior girls can "try out" for this..Interviews, etc..talent stuff, etc..Big fake crown involved. It's like a mini-Miss America with some prizes thrown in..
Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #507
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Cindy that's roughly what I get, too.

Question for you when you get time: Why did you start raising carbs?
I tried LC for 6 months. I never felt well. Always tired, barely able to lift any weights, exhausted going up a flight of stairs. It was not a good fit. That's why we have so many boards here. There is no one fit. I'm a good old fashioned calorie counter. I can lose eating straight candy bars or chicken breasts as long as the calories are kept in check. For me, that is 1500-1800 calories a day. I find if I eat what I want and plug it into ******, the percentages usually fall about 40-50% carbs, 30 grams of it fiber, 20-30% protein and 30% fat. It's just naturally what I gravitate to. I don't feel I have to fight it.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #508
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well obviously that's true - no 'one size fits all' way of eating.

I am not sure I am as carb-sensitive as my sister (who now weighs 116 pounds and her doctor told her to stop losing weight). Did you start eating low carb because you wanted to lose weight?

Obviously you have an enviable weight and energy level. It's not broken - no need to fix it.

Thanks for the answer.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:03 PM   #509
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Cindy, I have wondered as well and wow, you certainly are a success at what you are doing, don't quit!!!

Judy, is your mother and sis doing LC as well. You said your mom made those pumpkin muffins? DD who is doing this with me sent me a text this afternoon that she loved the pumpkin muffins! Took some down to my other DD to try, she is just venturing into "lower carbs" since her surgery so I told her that some of these things might not appeal to her as much as they do to someone who is doing pretty LC, once you get away from the processed versions, then our recipes start tasting really good.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #510
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My sister is doing low carb, high fat, modified protein. Her husband, my favorite brother-in-law, decided to jump aboard as well! He's lost nearly 20 pounds, was always a jogger, still is, just looks about 20 years younger now without the puffiness.

My mother is cute and smart and funny and 84. She has always done weight watcher's but probably weighs 20 pounds more than she'd like right now. She's the reason I have been to water aerobics and church choir - sharing whatever time I can with her.

For the last several years, my mother has been baking delicious things and delivering them to my sister and me. We kept begging her to stop, but she loves baking and obviously we were eating her delicious food.

I supplied her with almond flour and swerve and whatever other odd thing she might need, and OH NO she's still baking! She got rid of her "candy drawer" and has never been a big fan of bread, so she's focusing on different foods, too.

Like Cindy, she may not be technically low carb, but she is eating a little better than she was a few months ago. Thanks for asking.
Closed Thread