Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
ADORABLE!

She's lovely!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks,
Yes, she is pretty smart. However, she's crying off & on through the night from the kennel. Anybody know how to make her stop? I'm thinking she's gonna end up in the kennel out in the shop soon!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Our bratty dogs have always slept with us.
We are not good examples!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #394
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Yep, I know exactly how to make her stop whining !

Bring her to your bed and cuddle with her That's what we do !!

By the way, she's absolutely too cute !!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #395
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Oh, the puppy! I had to go to bed early last night, could not stay awake and the picture was still not showing up. She is soooooo sweet, what's her name again? Ok, yes, any mommy knows how to quiet a crying baby, tuck her in beside you . We all give such bad advice
Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #396
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, many trips to bathroom last night, weight back in the 197's this AM. Hoping to see 196 something by next Monday.

Leaving tomorrow to go stay with DD#2 at the Ritz hotel in Dallas for 3-4 days. She had a surgical procedure done yesterday, hint, 2 babies at age 40 and above in less than 2 years, needed some tummy work. Anyway, with the 2 little ones at home, they suggested she go to a hotel to stay for a few days instead of going home. So, poor Mommy has to go stay with her on the club floor level, and wait on her hand and foot, with the help of room service
Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #397
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like an awesome and um, caring (definitely caring) thing for you to do, Buffy!

As long as there is room service, you can carry on.

- - -
SO glad the scales cooperated for you. I have wondered why I haven't lost weight in a month, although eating nearly perfectly and not hungry. I decided to look back over Rebecca Latham's food lists and I decided to add more fat. My protein is already low. My carbs are already low.
Today I am back down to my lowest low where I've been bouncing for a month.
Also I guess after nearly 20 pounds quickly, maybe my body is readjusting.

So....more fat for awhile to see how that goes.

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-16-2012 at 08:29 AM..
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Being a mother is a tough and at times unrewarding job, but alas, at other times it can be "ahem" quite rewarding!!!

Plus, we will have fun girl time, just have to watch and not get to giggling over something, that might be painful for her.

For the first 48 hours, she has a nurse with her at all times, also at the hotel and guess what? This nurse does LC, she follows just cutting back on all carbs except complex carbs, so as DD wanted to get started LCing after her surgery, this is the perfect place for her to start.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #399
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, do you know what your daily ratios are and your calories? I think you are pretty close to goal too, aren't you? Losing 20 lbs quickly was very nice and if your body needs time to adjust, then that is fine.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #400
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, DD only wants/needs to lose about 10 lbs. Mostly just around her tummy area.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I am close to goal. I have set a generous weight for maintenance.

I weigh 156.5 - that's my lowest low since June 4.
I would like to weigh 146 which will put me into the 'not overweight' category insurance-wise. Good enough for me.

I don't eat to ratios. I eat as near 54 grams of protein as possible, eat no more (and usually not near) 30g carbs and the rest is fat. 1200-1400 calories, usually nearer 1200.

- - -
SO WONDERFUL the nurse is LC! You all will do well with one another, your daughter will heal well.... all so good.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I wonder, from some of the stuff I have been reading and listening to on podcasts, if you might try upping your calories some? Shelley posted on one of the threads that a person she knew, a nutritionist, said to never go below like 1550 calories to avoid losing LBM? Reddarin is almost at goal and was getting his calories lower and lower, I know he was trying to get those last 2-3 lbs off, we all cautioned him not to go too low, he is 6' btw, and he raised them back up and has hit a new low. Just a thought, you may have already tried this.

I just raised mine, I was trying so hard to stay at 1200 or so, up to no more than 1400. I raised my top number to 1556 and have even gone over that the last couple of days and I haven't gained, except for that temporary water weight gain.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #403
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, the reason I raised mine is that it was stressing me out trying to stay that low and get my fats in, I really found myself wanting more to eat and I did not want to have to continue that on a daily basis.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
OOoooo she's so sweet Debby!

I'm struggling with weight loss too and I have really much more to loose that you girls. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. My downfall is fruit and I have been very strict with how much I have of that. I'm careful too about what types of fruit I have to keep it as low in carbs as possible.

I have a pork shoulder in the slow cooker for pulled pork. I'm planning to use it with the almond flour and parm. cheese tortillas that I have been making. Should be a great filler with lettuce, peppers and some sour cream and avocado. Sure smells yummy around here.

We had beef liver and onions last night and some fresh swiss chard with a small serving of butternut squash. I haven't had liver in years. It was pretty good using the almond flour to dredge them in. I put the rest of the af over the onions with parmesan cheese while they were cooking and boy was that a nice addition.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Debby, your new puppy is super cute! I've only ever had a bunny and a cat so I don't know much about puppies. But when one of my coworkers first got a new puppy it would cry when they left (the neighbors informed her of this) so they recorded themselves speaking and doing normal things around the house. Like cooking and watching TV and having conversations. Then just played it on a loop whenever they left. She said it helped some, the puppy would still cry a bit but did eventualy grow out of it. If you have a laptop that you can record and play back from it might be worth a try, it's free so if it doesn't work you aren't really out anything.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #406
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
So I guess I'm the bad mom Debby. I say put the kennel far from your bedroom and let her cry it out. We did that with our Bailey when she was tiny and it's worked wonders for even now. I can put her in the bedroom for hours while guests are here and she never even whines to be let out.
Leaving her tapes of your voice, I vote no. Back when Bailey was a baby I was working part-time for WW and I'd call on my break and talk to her after the answering machine came on. What started happening was, every time the phone rang, and especially if the answering machine happened to come on before I could answer it, she'd go into a full throttle moon howling cry and it was so bad I couldn't even hear the person on the phone. And of course, they thought I was killing my dog or something. I figured out that the phone and the answering machine message must've triggered a deep sadness within her b/c she missed me so much while I was gone to work. Now, when our other family Eskies come to visit they ALL start into the howling. Now that's something to hear, let me tell you, lol. So I vote for the tough love approach. Oh, I did have a stuffed animal in with Bailey for the first few nights which I think made her feel not so alone. That of course didn't last long once she discovered chewing. Best of luck to you.

Buffy, do you need any help taking care of your DD. I could be available. Heeheee.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 10-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #407

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Debby...SOOO adorable and those sheep dogs are the smartest dogs in the world, so watch out..How about an alarm clock that ticks in her kennel? It sounds like their mommy's heart beating...

Buffy: Some of your Mommy duties are so wonderful..Enjoy every second of it.

Yeah to our losers!!!!!!

Dh has decided to get a snowblower this year..Of course, for 20 years, I have suggested it, but now that it is his idea, we have to get it this weekend..LOL..
Old 10-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Judy, I wonder, from some of the stuff I have been reading and listening to on podcasts, if you might try upping your calories some? Shelley posted on one of the threads that a person she knew, a nutritionist, said to never go below like 1550 calories to avoid losing LBM? Reddarin is almost at goal and was getting his calories lower and lower, I know he was trying to get those last 2-3 lbs off, we all cautioned him not to go too low, he is 6' btw, and he raised them back up and has hit a new low. Just a thought, you may have already tried this.

I just raised mine, I was trying so hard to stay at 1200 or so, up to no more than 1400. I raised my top number to 1556 and have even gone over that the last couple of days and I haven't gained, except for that temporary water weight gain.
I am just going to have to consciously eat more. And I think I should eat more protein at breakfast. I had tried to skimp on protein all day until dinner so I could eat a 'normal' amount of whatever we were having for dinner, but that might not be best for my body.

I do not eat enough calories/day, so I think I need to think more about feeding myself correctly rather than just being happy that I'm not hungry.

I'll track perfectly again for awhile and make sure I get the right amount of protein and low carbs and plenty of fat to make up the rest. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #409
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals..

Dh has decided to get a snowblower this year..Of course, for 20 years, I have suggested it, but now that it is his idea, we have to get it this weekend..LOL..

Reminds me of this tree DH bought, he paid $500 for the tree and $500 to have it planted. Cheapie me bought one for $79 and it was small enough DH could plant it. Mine has grown straight and tall and is beautiful. At first, his had 2 trunks that grew straight and one that decided to grow out sideways. That trunk did have a shoot coming off of it that grew upward. For 3 years I suggested that he just cut off the side growing one at the shoot and let the shoot take over, no, no, that would NEVER work. Finally a tree trimming guy came one day to work on the other trees in back and guess what he suggested??? Now, DH's expensive tree is getting to where it looks very nice, while my little cheapie still grows straight and tall and is very big!!! Can't tell um nothin!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #410
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I am just going to have to consciously eat more. And I think I should eat more protein at breakfast. I had tried to skimp on protein all day until dinner so I could eat a 'normal' amount of whatever we were having for dinner, but that might not be best for my body.

I do not eat enough calories/day, so I think I need to think more about feeding myself correctly rather than just being happy that I'm not hungry.

I'll track perfectly again for awhile and make sure I get the right amount of protein and low carbs and plenty of fat to make up the rest. Thanks!
I really think you should try that, I had forgotten, until after I posted, that you really do not get hungry and it is kind of hard to get more calories in, but that can set you up for problems later on, b/c if you lose at low calories you almost have to always stay low to maintain. Yes, definitely more protein at b/fast, I usually eat 2 fried eggs and 1 oz bacon, then the rest of my protein at dinner.

Try it and let's see what happens, so fun to experiment on someone else
Old 10-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, thank you so much for your very generous offer, now you do know that we don't have sandy beaches here in Dallas, but I'll bet they have a nice pool area and it is still pretty nice here!!!

Yes, that DD does put me through some pretty rough experiences Hmmm, like Hawaii once, Europe twice, New Zealand once, Grand Cayman's, and many many trips here in the states, and let me tell you, the "dives" we have had to stay in, fit for a king,
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks for all the compliments on my puppy... AND the suggestions. I read online this morning, to just tell them to be quiet, & reinforce... so, we'll have to put her in the crate before we go to bed, so we can do that from the same room. I have told her to be quiet & she does, she learned "no" already & instantly obeys. Hopefully that will work. We have the bedroom door closed, to lesson the noise, so have to open the window for air... guess who's right outside the window crying?! The cat! He's not happy about the pup, so he's not coming in, and very lonely.
OK. I hope this doesn't bug those with the same name... Her name is Shelby. Our last dog was Chelsea. Tried to name her "not" a person's name, but its just so cute for her. (Sorry Shelby)!
I went to the Naturopath today. She's just thrilled for me! She also has the book stopthethyroidmadness & said I'm regulating the meds exactly how a person should, by the symptoms. Fully endorsed what I'm doing. Now I don't see her for another 3 months... asked her about Dairy... no... wanted to give me another test ($300) which would determine absolutely yes or no... but said that the other test showed allergic to all forms of milk. So, I guess not. She suggested I try to take calcium with extra magnesium and vitamin K to make sure the calcium is absorbed to my bones. (my daily vitamin boxs can hardly handle all the pills)! (I have 2 of them, one morning, one evening for the week).
I'm going to have to come back & read your interesting conversations again after our walk...
See you later!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #413
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Chicken liver and onions for me, plus my jello/kefir, then have room for something else, just haven't decided yet.
I loved liver and onions!! But I am alone in the hose on that one. I don't care, I'll make it just for me!! I like gizzards, too
Old 10-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #414

Buffy: I love your tree story..

Debby: I love the name Shelby...
Old 10-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I loved liver and onions!! But I am alone in the hose on that one. I don't care, I'll make it just for me!! I like gizzards, too
Cindy my husband is not icky and not creepy. I think you all would enjoy getting together and eating liver, onions and gizzards.

I'll be telling jokes somewhere....
Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #416

Oh...can my dh come, too? He loves him some gizzards..Not me..
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy can be the awesome popular girl (believe me - I'm used to that! HA HA!) and Carolyn you and I can talk about the possibilities in the low carb realm....
Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #418
Big Yapper!!!!

Debby, love your new avatar, shows how far you have come!!! And, Shelby is a perfect name for her. Poor kitty though, bet she is mighty angry at you right now, how could you do that to her, bring a "dog" into her home????

Cindy, my DH does not like the liver and onions either. In fact, he likes so few things that I end up anymore just cooking what I want for me and giving him some type of meat, has to be beef or pork, to grill for himself. I am trying and liking, eating more fish and chicken.

Goodnight everyone
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH MY STARS Debby - what a difference!
Well done, friend! Beautiful.

- - - - -
Good night!

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-16-2012 at 07:44 PM..
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
No worries !! Shelby is my Granddaughter !! We had a dog named Chelsea yrs ago and our spoiled pooch now is Allie .........

Love the stories about the tree and the dog....I'm a total softie about dogs Pure mush.

Buffy what did I miss about DD ?? If there's a trip involved, I'll go as y'alls chaperone !!
Closed Thread