Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Taught ds to make deviled eggs as he is going to a party tomorrow night.
He will be popular.
My dh is our deviled egg maker.
Doesn't matter what miracle I trot out - they push me out of the way for his deviled eggs!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #332
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Exactly...When we started making them for funeral dinners at church, people were extremely pleased..
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wish I knew how to delete this post!

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-12-2012 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I love deviled it's a big hit in this house. I just wish my eggs would peel better. No matter how I cook them there are some that the white part peels off with the shell.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #335

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Thanks for the recipe links, recipe and tips. I'm going to give it a try. First I need to check to make sure I have all my ingredients lined up.

My mom had one of those skillets and the pans too. My dad still has them. I remember her cooking pineapple upside cake in that skillet!! The only think I don't like about it is it being round. Both of mine are either square or rectangular so I think you can get more into them. Hers always seemed small. I might have to check it out though. It might be nice for just 2 people and I know my dad doesn't use it. I doubt my mom did for the last 15 years!

That pork shoulder sounds yummy. Both of them! DH just said the other day we should smoke a couple and freeze them for winter eating. I think that's a good idea. I love roasting them too and picking that crispy fat and skin off! Yum!!! Almost as good as fried chicken skin crispies!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
2 tricks for deviled eggs. Do not use really fresh eggs, and when you put them in the cold water, just take your container of salt and freely pour into the water, like a 1/4 cup or so, I never measure. See if those 2 things help. And to peel, try to get started under the membrane, then the whole shell will almost slide off.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #337

Buffy, how are you liking the new book so far?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Buffy! I'll be adding salt to my cool down water now. Dh will get a surprise here real soon.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #339

Hi ladies..

KState won today..Hurray..

Yes, it is round, Sandy, but perfect for 2 or 3 people..It does hold the temperature really
well when you are making stew, etc..I think Betty made Pineapple Upside Cake in hers, too..LOL.

I'll have to back up on the thread to find out the book Buffy is reading.

I love my deviled egg holder with the plastic lid..I told ds not to forget it at the party..
Old 10-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #340
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Thanks Buffy! I'll be adding salt to my cool down water now. Dh will get a surprise here real soon.
Sorry, I meant to add to the cold water you start out with, cook them in heavily salted water. Sorry, I worded that wrong
Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just made the mayonnaise!
I made half the recipe as you suggested - and thank you for that.
It's sitting on the counter and will be until I go to bed. I had a tablespoon of whey to add so I did that, too. But the whole recipe would be too much for us.

I cannot believe how easy that was and the taste I got when I sampled was as you said - that's how mayonnaise is supposed to taste!

Next time I'll add a little more salt but that's it.
SO EASY and quicker than driving to the store!
- - -

Hard-boiling eggs for easy shell removal always means I have a giant bowl of mostly ice and a little water to plunge my super-hot, freshly-drained eggs. I let them sit there and think about how quickly they'd like to get out of those shells.
Take that, eggs!

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-13-2012 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #342
Big Yapper!!!!

The book is Lose Weight by eating, by Sten Skaldeman.

Very quick, easy read, stuff most of us know but will be good for someone new to this WOE. I have it laid out for DD to pick up tomorrow. He goes by moderate protein, high fat and says not to worry about calories, just eat to satisfy hunger. That probably works for many people but if not, then you can lower calories. And, for some of us, who have had trouble with overeating, eating for the wrong reasons, binge eating, etc. , I think perhaps it is better to start out counting calories, setting them as high as the charts say for you to lose at a reasonable rate, then if you are losing too fast (WTH??? ), sorry, just had to put that in there, up your calories. If you aren't losing, then of course lower them. Just like atkins, some people go on it and lose weight very quickly and easily, whereas others, have to tweak it to work.

Went to a baby shower and got compliments on how I looked. 1 friend asked what I was doing, I just briefly said "back to LC". Another asked how much I had lost, I see her frequently, and I said about 12 lbs. She looked shocked, said she would have guessed at least 20. I was of course, very happy . I had on a tunic top that I have had and have worn before, but for the first time, it hung on me like a tunic top should, instead of being snug around my middle and hips.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay Judy, glad you liked the easy peasy mayo. And, you can take that base and doctor it up however you like. Yes, mine made more than we will be able to eat before it is too old. DH hardly ever eats mayo. I had 2 T on a smashed HB egg this morning, added a little more mustard and some salt and pepper.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yay Judy, glad you liked the easy peasy mayo. And, you can take that base and doctor it up however you like. Yes, mine made more than we will be able to eat before it is too old. DH hardly ever eats mayo. I had 2 T on a smashed HB egg this morning, added a little more mustard and some salt and pepper.
I keep hearing of people doing that and I really really love egg salad! I've been so careful with my protein, I think I need to switch it up a little bit and have that and be happy.

Heck this is the best way I've ever lost weight and felt so good in my life.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
The book is Lose Weight by eating, by Sten Skaldeman.

Very quick, easy read, stuff most of us know but will be good for someone new to this WOE. I have it laid out for DD to pick up tomorrow. He goes by moderate protein, high fat and says not to worry about calories, just eat to satisfy hunger. That probably works for many people but if not, then you can lower calories. And, for some of us, who have had trouble with overeating, eating for the wrong reasons, binge eating, etc. , I think perhaps it is better to start out counting calories, setting them as high as the charts say for you to lose at a reasonable rate, then if you are losing too fast (WTH??? ), sorry, just had to put that in there, up your calories. If you aren't losing, then of course lower them. Just like atkins, some people go on it and lose weight very quickly and easily, whereas others, have to tweak it to work.

Went to a baby shower and got compliments on how I looked. 1 friend asked what I was doing, I just briefly said "back to LC". Another asked how much I had lost, I see her frequently, and I said about 12 lbs. She looked shocked, said she would have guessed at least 20. I was of course, very happy . I had on a tunic top that I have had and have worn before, but for the first time, it hung on me like a tunic top should, instead of being snug around my middle and hips.
That is absolutely awesome. How much fun to have people notice and compliment. Good heavens, savor it!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #346

That is wonderful Buffy! Doesn't that feel good and you have worked this program so well. Pat yourself on the back, girlfriend!!

About the book; I think I read somewhere that he has 3 different ways to do the plan? Is that right? And if so, briefly what is his thinking on the 3 different ways? Thanks for sharing your review. How's your DD doing so far?

I've still got the mayo on my "to make" list. I have to get some caraway seeds before I can make the bread. I don't think I've ever bought any in my whole life! Lol.

Carolyn, the Pineapple cake must've been part of the "sales pitch" and demo back in the day. I think Mom told me that there was oil sealed between the layers of stainless steel which is what made it heat evenly and hold the heat evenly? I think she would've used hers more if we hadn't been a family of 7 to cook for!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That is wonderful Buffy! Doesn't that feel good and you have worked this program so well. Pat yourself on the back, girlfriend!!

About the book; I think I read somewhere that he has 3 different ways to do the plan? Is that right? And if so, briefly what is his thinking on the 3 different ways? Thanks for sharing your review. How's your DD doing so far?

I've still got the mayo on my "to make" list. I have to get some caraway seeds before I can make the bread. I don't think I've ever bought any in my whole life! Lol.

Carolyn, the Pineapple cake must've been part of the "sales pitch" and demo back in the day. I think Mom told me that there was oil sealed between the layers of stainless steel which is what made it heat evenly and hold the heat evenly? I think she would've used hers more if we hadn't been a family of 7 to cook for!
Sandy I bought caraway seeds for the first time in my life to make that bread! LOL

I cannot believe our family missed that pitch that was, undoubtedly, door-to-door. We would've had pineapple upside-down cake every month if so!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

There is the 8+ plan for people who are highly sensitive to carbs, everyone in this group is insulin resistant. This group needs to avoid unnecessary increases in BS levels. Meat and fat make up most of your diet, 15-20% protein, 70-80% fat, max of 5% carb per day. Higher fat leads to high metabolism of fat.

4+ plan, for people who have lost half of their excess weight using the 8+ plan or people who aren't too overweight to begin with. They can have more carbs. Up to 18 per day, say, 6 per meal. If they lose weight too quickly, (HUH???), then they would go to the 2+ plan. The 4+ would be more like 25-30% protein, 65-70% fat, 5% carb. Vegetables restricted to those that grow above ground are permitted.

2+ program more veggies and can eat more protein if desired. Something like 35% protein, 55-60% fat and 5-10% protein.

This is a very simple explanation of what he proposes, if you can get your hands on the book, like I said, it is a good easy read but most of you are very versed in LC and we now can see that many of us overate on protein. He eats very simply, even now, as he maintains his weight loss. Says he feels much younger than his years and expects to leave a long life this way.

The way ketone strips sold at CVS online, the last time they featured a 30% off sale tells me that the NK diet is taking off in the US and I think we will continue to see a lot more information on it. This last time CVS had that same sale, you could only order 1 box of those Ketone strips.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

I really really wanted the Saladmaster pans, my friend had a party and got them, but, I had a good set of pans I got for a wedding gift and money was tight for us, didn't need to be buying what seemed, at the time, to be very very expensive pans Just like the infomercials of now, it just made you want them sooooo badly
Old 10-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #350

Thanks Buffy!!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #351

Buffy...How wonderful..I think you are losing fat, not muscle and 12 pounds of fat is a lot more volume than 12 pounds of muscle..Thanks for the book..Need to check it out.

Honestly, Betty got the pans many moons ago and she kept them in tip top shape..They are still at the farm..They are very heavy..maybe it is the oil in the middle.

I have my jars ready for easy/peasy mayo..Now, I have to get some oil...
Old 10-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for the update on the hb eggs. I'm going to add salt to the cooking water and ice to the cooling down water. I'm telling my eggs today that this is war and I win.

I'm not familiar with Saladmaster but I did have a Fiberware (sp) electric fry pan that I just loved. It was round but it seemed to be more than enough room for whatever I cooked. I use to do a pot roast in it. Now I'm doing roasts in the oven in my cast-iron. It comes out to die for good.

After watch Lucinda Scala Quinn use her cast-iron I got mine out and cleaned them up. I love using them now.

My laundry isn't getting done so better get busy. See ya later ladies!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #353

Hi gals..

Down a pound..Hope it stays away..

Buffy...where did you get your book? Was it on amazon and the one there is listed for
$33.00..Just curious.

Gorgeous day here...

Sharon: I got Faberware for my wedding present 34 years ago and I'm still using those
pans and they look great. I didn't get the electric one..

Yes, the eggs were a bit hit at the party..and Brett remembered the dish..Hurrray..
Old 10-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #354

Happy birthday, Fern (Buffy)... Hope you have a great day today..You deserve it..
Old 10-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy! (Fern)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SweetSilverBird
Stats: Over 400/260/180
WOE: NoSurgery HFLC
Start Date: September 10, 2010
I'm just getting to know you all, but wish you happy birthday just the same.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Happy Birthday pretty Lady ! Have a great day !
Old 10-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy birthday Buffy!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Happy Birthday Buffy!
We had a fun-filled day, with a great worship service, grand-kiddo's & puppy. I'm amazed by how good I feel. I can tackle more then ever. Even went for a hike with them all today!

Finally lost 1/2 lb. which puts me 1/2 lb. away from my goal.

Blessings all!
Debby
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby - wonderful!!
I knew you were at goal or close to goal - so happy for you!

We had groundbreaking today for our new sanctuary and Sunday school rooms. Our church is 53 years old. Our family has been there nearly 50 of them. My mother, my sister and my brother-in-law are in the choir with me - we sang "How Lovely Are Thy Dwellings" for our last Sunday in that sanctuary. It will stick in my head all week until we sing something else We are so blessed to have a young-ish married couple - the man is a tenor (also an attorney) and his wife majored in opera. Sometimes a soprano can sound so....much... and this girl's voice is lovely to my ears. Soft and studied. We are blessed.

Carolyn I made your version of Maria's chocolate chip cookies tonight. Thank you for a lovely cookie!

- - -
Buffy is your name Fern? Such a beautiful name!
Closed Thread