Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ajklosing
Today is my second day.....

For years I have been in and out of diets,,,then I go and do a cleanse,,,three days of prune juice and apple cider...... I think my body caught to my tricks...

So I am currently hoping to lose 10-15 by the 10th of December..and yesterday I decided to turbo start ketosis.... I have been hungry as hell,,this is my food intake story...

3 fried eggs
1 can of smoked Oysters
about 200 gr of feta cheese
3 fried eggs
Lots of water

Today

3 fried eggs
200 gr of goat cheese
3 fried eggs
1 home made sausage

If I keep this...how long before I see the scale move? How long before I get into ketosis?

All suggestions welcomed!!!

Please note that I put on these 15 lbs since April...and no matter how hard I have tried,,,, I couldnt stay away from carbs

Thanks

AJ
Ajklosing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Administrator

Gallery: cheri
Stats: 150 + pounds lost - 4' 11"
If you find you are not losing, I would cut down on the cheese a bit. 200 grams is a lot it seems and some people do stall from too much cheese.. Also if you don't find you are losing you may want to introduce some veggies. Veggies are really important.
cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Hi AJ!

I plugged your food into ****** to get an idea of what you're taking in. You aren't eating much over 1200 calories a day. Which for some people they can eat that few and lose but some people need a few more calories so their bodies don't think they are starving. It depends on what your body needs. Trial and error is really the only way to figure it out. Like Cheri I would also suggest cutting back on the cheese a bit at the start and adding in a few veggies. A salad with some full-fat dressing may be a good idea, or a handful of almonds to replace some of the cheese. It may take a little time to figure out what works for your body. And your body could be a little resistant to losing weight if you have spent a couple of years yo-yo dieting. Keep track of what you are eating, using ******'s website can be a big help. (just google ****** and you should find it) Don't over do it with the protein's, fat is what will help to keep you fuller longer, just keep an eye on the calories since fat calories can add up fast.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Your menu looks a bit short of fat. Your protein looks a bit high but that depends on LBM or height.

Supplement with organic coconut oil. MCT, which is a big part of coconut oil, encourages production of ketones.

Check out this thread:

My experience w/ coconut oil this week

...and this one:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...80-15-5-a.html

...and this one:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...is-thread.html

...particularly this post about MCT oils:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...l#post15953111
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ajklosing
Thank you...

Yesterday I bought Keto sticks,,,,DARK PURPLE as they can be....I was happy and continue with the eggs,,,reomved all the cheese yesterday..... and just NOW...because I was gettig dress...couldnt resist...jumped on the scale...I AM TWO LBS heavier than Monday morning.....

I said I was jut going to be on the scale only on Mondays,,,but couldnt resist.....

How can this be possible....in ketosis and NO losing?....Instead gaining.....so disencouraging...

AJ
Ajklosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/212/199
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Ajklosing. Just want to clarify that when we are talking about testing for ketones, we are testing our blood with a ketone meter.

As far as your weight goes, my suggestion would be to weight first thing in the morning before eating or drinking. After you eat, your weight is going to go up during the day as high as 5lbs. This is normal.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajklosing View Post
Yesterday I bought Keto sticks,,,,DARK PURPLE as they can be....I was happy and continue with the eggs,,,reomved all the cheese yesterday..... and just NOW...because I was gettig dress...couldnt resist...jumped on the scale...I AM TWO LBS heavier than Monday morning.....

I said I was jut going to be on the scale only on Mondays,,,but couldnt resist.....

How can this be possible....in ketosis and NO losing?....Instead gaining.....so disencouraging...

AJ
Body weight fluctuates quite a bit during the day. A bottle of water weighs about 1 pound.

Take measurements. Then when the scale shows you something silly like that you can double check it with measurements to soothe your sanity =)
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote