Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KIMMIR
Stats: 299/273/190
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: November 2011
stalled for 2.5 weeks need suggestions please!

I switched from Atkins over to EFGT and the first 2 weeks lost 7 pounds at the same time I changed to coconut oil instead of soy oil! I am tryiing to increase my calories and get that thermogentic burn by taking 4 tlbs of coconut oil a day. I am having trouble cutting down on my meat intake as I learned here to much can motabilise like sugar but some how I seem to have stalled. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what might help? protein seems to fill me up second best after the coconut oil.
KIMMIR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
4 Tbs. of coconut oil is 400 calories right there..Why don't you try using ****** and get a true picture of what you are eating.

You can't lose when you are eating too many calories... unfortunately..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ilsita
Stats: 217/209/130
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 1/5/2014
I was stalling too... and losing weight so slowly, even while keeping an eye on my ratios. I think it takes a little experimenting to find out what works for you. I started to notice that consistent progress seemed to be tied to making sure I got my omega-3, daily, through fish oil. Apparently, my body responds really well to getting that balance.

Another thing that seems to be working for me is taking herbal supplements for post-menopausal women (I know some women take HRT, which can work well for them too). I'm 45 and am already through menopause (started about 3 years ago). I think that it sparked a serious, rapid weight gain, and has made it very difficult for me to lose. It has been so frustrating, because I didn't change my eating habits when I started to gain -- the weight just started packing on, rapidly.

When I hit a stall, I remind myself that, even though I'm not budging at the moment, my mental health is so much better after removing the processed foods and sugar. Even if I didn't lose weight, I'd stick with it for the peace of mind it gives me not to be craving popcorn and pasta every minute of the day.

Give yourself a little time and experiment a little. I think our bodies all work differently, and they need a little time to adjust to the changes.

I hope you see some progress soon!
ilsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thank you both for the great advice!!
Carolyn, is fit day one of the tools on the LCF site?
Ilsita, I never though about the supplements for Menopause. I went into menopause early to do a histerectome.

My typical day during the week I under eat. I think what is hurting me is the weekends and being used to eating as much as I want on atkins.

Today I had
B 2 teaspoons of Coconut oil and coffee.

L 2 more teaspoons of Coconut oil , a cheese stick and water with lemon.

D I had a serving of pork rines with 2 tlbs of sour cream.
1 lg smoked sausage link with mustard and cheese and 1 can of asparagus.

The online tool says I need to have 2500 calories a day to lose a pound a week. Put I think most days come close to cutting that in half.

I really do enjoy not having the sugar cravings any more. But when I see people eat sugary sweets I do think must be nice!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..Kimmir..That does not look like much food..You need at 70 grams of protein per day or you are going to lose muscle and that is not a good thing..And the the protein needs to be balanced out throughout the day..

My opinion is to aim for 1800 calories a day and see what happens..If you don't lose, then
dip down a bit..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Kimmir, I'm going agree with Carolyn that your problem might be too few calories. I'm only a little bit heavier then you at this point but if I don't eat at least 1500 calories a day my body will not lose any weight. I'm usually eating about 1700-1900 calories a day right now and I'm losing pretty good at 6-8 pounds a month. I eat most of my food in the morning and afternoon and more or less a larger snack as dinner (about 300-400 calories.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Wow ok.that sounds good. Eating more in the am will give me more time to burn it off and less to burn off after dinner. I was hoplng to fast 14 hrs a day so I was just having the coconut oil in the am. I must have my body so confused right now. Thanks again ladies!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

CarolynF, Thank you for the ****** suggestion. I really like the web sites tools!!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

By The ****** I can see that I may be counting my carbs wrong. All those traces of carbs can add up to!!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Are you taking supplements? Like a multivitamin and others?

Are you taking a magnesium supplement? If not you probably should. Your diet, as you described it, is very low for magnesium intake. Usually multivitamins don't have much mag in them.

Dr. Phinney, of the Art and Science of Low Carb, recommends twice the RDA. The RDA for mag is age and sex bracketed.

Work up to taking the full amount. Start slow. Dosing yourself with the RDA from scratch, let alone the what the Dr. recommends will upset your stomach and give you lots of reading time in the bathroom.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote