Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: missmisty
Stats: 237/131/140
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 2009 LC & VSG 1/2012
Ice Cream Coma Leads Me Back to Low Carb

Ohhhh my goodness you guys. I have been a pretty low carber and high fat eater for a couple of years now. But oh wow, the last month I have REALLY fallen off the wagon. I mean REALLY. My kids got some ice cream and I have been eating wayyyyyyy too much ice cream and probably have sabotaged myself. I am telling you I could have been in a freaking ice cream coma the last week. WTH is wrong with me? I've finally lost most of my weight (still want to lose 20-25 lbs) and I feel like I am sabotaging myself. Back to buying some beef jerky and cottage cheese as snacks. How do you others with significant others and children do it when they don't want to eat low carb and you do? It's really hard to avoid the temptation. I am back with a vengeance. Matter of fact I have never posted on here but I've read for years. I need to be accountable to someone!
missmisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yes, good for you..You are here and can be accountable to us..

I think the longer you are on the plan and have had success, the easier it is to say No to junk food..

My dh eats LC..I do the cooking and he eats it with a thankful heart..LOL..I don't keep junk around so there is no temptation. You can buy "things" for your kids/dh, but buy
individual things, if you can so you aren't tempted.

Come find us in our Skinnier September Challenge..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Hi, I'm new to these boards myself and was warmly welcomed, so welcome to you!
I think when we look at something as a sacrifice, or a deprivation then we are setting ourselves up for the kind of experience you had.
When we view the change in diet (or any other significant positive change) as a gift of life and health, then somehow those cookies, ice cream cones, and birthday cakes don't look so tempting....As a matter of fact we may see them for what they really are....toxic sludge designed to enslave us to the Big agriculture/Big Pharma combine.
The change in perception has really helped me not feel tempted.
On a different note, many ice cream flavors are loaded with gluten. Cookie dough is an obvious example but there are many others. So perhaps it wasn't just the various sugars that made you feel ill, but carbs from the flavorings.
My wife does not low carb. Actually she eats like a teenager, but we each have a different shelf in the pantry and the frig and the freezer.
I keep to my shelves.
Wishing you all success on your journey.
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Welcome to active posting =)

Maybe you can discreetly replace their high carb junk food with low carb junk food?

Some things will be impossible to do that with and in those cases you can make it a my way or the highway thing. Like Carb Smart ice cream. Want ice cream? Fine. This is what we are getting. Take it or leave it or go to your friends house and eat their death food.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Or switch to home made ice cream - there are plenty of LC version of that and no one that doesn't do LC will know what you are doing
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Sunny7
ice cream is one thing i cannot have in the house--along with peanut butter-----i to can eat and eat this stuff---when i do and i still do, i do a meat and egg fast for a couple days, takes the craving right away---
Sunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Felina
Stats: 250/125/120
WOE: Atkins! HCG
Start Date: 7/3/11 Atkins, 12/11/11 hhcg, rxhcg
I make my own low carb ice cream in a Vitamix. It's super easy and cheap to make. I actually prefer it. It's so much better than store bought ice cream so I never crave regular ice cream anymore.
Felina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: perfect65kg
Stats: 180/161.7/143 5'2
WOE: Atkins or whatever low carb I want!!
Start Date: 20 July 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felina View Post
I make my own low carb ice cream in a Vitamix. It's super easy and cheap to make. I actually prefer it. It's so much better than store bought ice cream so I never crave regular ice cream anymore.
Hi Felina, can we have the recipe please, have not had ice cream like forever.
perfect65kg is offline   Reply With Quote