Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm finally starting to see some good results now that I have started eating higher fat and watching carbs along with lowering my protein. I'm not doing the percentages as I was never good at figuring that stuff out. But I'm happy to see the scale finally dropping now. It's nice to eat like a normal person where fat is concerned and a lot more fun cooking were your food actually tastes good.

Can I hang around with you guys?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #242
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Buffy you are experiencing what I'm experiencing - natural satiety - for the first time in my life. I've never been thin. I've been normal weight in high school but after that I've fought it all my life. Have fun tonight!
Yes Judy, I can tell today is going to be a good day. Slept late , then had coffee/CO and these boards until about noon, then 2 fried eggs/2 strips bacon for lunch and totally satisfied and not worried at all about tonight. Yesterday, seemed I wanted to eat more but come to think about it, that was after a night of not sleeping well, hmmm, food??? for thought there. Maybe restful good sleep really helps us with the appetite regulation as well?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I've been awake since 4:30 this a.m. My DH asked me what was up with me and I told him I must've slid right into full blown ketosis about 4 o'clock! Lol.

The Callanetics just makes me feel toned all over. I can usually really tell a diff in my belly and butt the most. Which is usually where I need it most. Plus it's really good for strengthening my low back which is very problematic for me at times.

DD said she's doing fine. I haven't seen it again but she went to work and took the baby to daycare so I guess she's good. Thanks for asking.

Blue, thank you for figuring out that info for me. It's going on my list of things to make.

Buffy, enjoy your evening out. I have a ladies meeting at church and it's a dessert meeting. Guess who won't be having dessert???? doesn 't even sound good.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Seabeadz
Stats: 189/178/125
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Sept 2012
Buffy, I definitely think lack of sleep makes a person hungrier and morning numbers higher as well. Have fun tonight.

Shalbrihil, welcome!

Well, phew! I almost had a crash off the wagon. You know those Swiss Roll pre-packaged, little cake things. My DH loves them so they're always in the house. Normally (pre LCHF), I wouldn't even think about eating the horrible, plastic things, but after eating fruit at lunch, I was craving sugar badly and they started to look good. I came here and saw Blue's cream cheese muffin recipe and that sparked a canned pumpkin, no-cook mix of similar ingredients which, while hardly low-carb, wasn't high carb chemicals, so I'm taking the win.

I had to see what Sandy's crack slaw was, so that's what's for dinner tonight. Sounds aptly named.

Thanks for help guys.
Deb
Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Crack slaw is the bomb diggity.
I saw that and thought I needed to resurrect that, too.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Sandy - funny you should mention about the 4:30 am wakings...I've been doing that for the past 3 weeks - 4:00 to 4:30. What is it? The witching hour ??? Something is waking me up at that time. It takes me over an hour to get back to sleep and then I'll get a foot cramp - forget it, I"m up for the day. Maybe it is ketosis?
Old 09-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy and Blue would you please stop describing my sleeping habits? You are embarrassing me!

I actually slept until 7 this morning and didn't have my dependable foot cramp until I stretched. Cannot seem to stop that.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #248

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Just got home..Busy running around and reading with my kids and exercising..Tomorrow I am going to figure out my cruise clothes..Then I can run out and get something if I need it...

Such a busy board..

Oh, yes, Buffy..I remember that Coconut Oil thread..It is where we first met.. Can you remember the name of it? Don't Worry, Be Happy was our theme song..

I have Callenetics DVD's, too and tapes..I also have T-Tapp tapes/dvds, and BodyFlex ones too..Callenetics is quite the little work out..Have fun with them, Sandy..

It is so great that the high fat/moderate protein is working..I remember that Dr. Atkins
said that 100 percent of carbs go to glucose/53 percent of protein goes to glucose/and 10 percent of fat goes to glucose.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

Just got home..Busy running around and reading with my kids and exercising..Tomorrow I am going to figure out my cruise clothes..Then I can run out and get something if I need it...

Such a busy board..

Oh, yes, Buffy..I remember that Coconut Oil thread..It is where we first met.. Can you remember the name of it? Don't Worry, Be Happy was our theme song..

I have Callenetics DVD's, too and tapes..I also have T-Tapp tapes/dvds, and BodyFlex ones too..Callenetics is quite the little work out..Have fun with them, Sandy..

It is so great that the high fat/moderate protein is working..I remember that Dr. Atkins
said that 100 percent of carbs go to glucose/53 percent of protein goes to glucose/and 10 percent of fat goes to glucose.
Just remember it was an island we were hanging out on

See, I told you that Carolyn retains what she reads, see Atkins statement above!!

Sharon and anyone else that had wandered in and I missed
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Don't the rest of you have to get up several times during the night to go to the bathroom? DH and I take turns these nights, LOL
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #251

I do, I do! At least once a night. But normally I can get back to sleep after. I really do think it's ketosis. This always happens to me when I'm being super strict with my eating.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn: I read all of Dr. A's books and I don't recall him saying that but that puts this whole thing in perspective. But now all of a sudden, people are getting it. He was so before his time. He wrote the diets books, he wrote the excellent nutritional book and still held a practice. Brillant man - died before he knew how popular he would become 10 yrs from his books. Have fun doing cruise inventory work tomorrow!

Buffy: Yes, bathroom visits at 4:00 - 4:30, if I don't get up right away, I dream about it!

Judy: I've had the same conversation with myself about NOT STRETCHING to avoid the cramps. Calf cramps when toes are pointed and foot cramps are unprovoked. I even have them sometimes during the day when I drive. Not pleasant. I've heard of crack slaw, I'll look it up - sounds addicting fits my personality....

Deb: I have a can of pumpkin sitting around - don't know what to do with it.

Welcome Shalbrihil -Would you like to be called Sharon? This is a chatty group and I'm a newbie too.

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 09-12-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Don't the rest of you have to get up several times during the night to go to the bathroom? DH and I take turns these nights, LOL
yes, yes..at least twice..Dh doesn't at all..

On the death of our dear Dr. A...Jackie E. said he always walked really fast and walked with his hands in his pockets. So, when he slipped on the ice that terrible day, he didn't have his hands out to help with the fall.. So sad..
Old 09-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn how long is that cruise? I miss you already!
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi and thank you for the warm welcome. Yes Blue, please call me Sharon. Looks like I fit right in with this conversation about cramps. I'm waiting now for some potassium supplement to arrive so I can see if that works for me.

Carolyn your cruise sounds like fun. That's one thing I have never done among a billion other things, LOL. We love to camp so spend our time, when we can get going, wilderness camping. Love our little Casita trailer. It just fit us. We have 2 rat terriers that we take every where we go.

All your recipes really look good. I'm going to make the Protein egg white rolls and pizza dough when I get to the store to get some egg whites. I hear they are great to store in the freezer and thought I would stock up.

Blue was it you that has the Joyce Chen spiral spinner? I love mine to. In fact I'm have the pasta zucchini with just butter and parm. cheese on top as a side tonight for dinner. We are still picking them in our garden.

Sandy congratulations on you new grand baby. I try to find the ereader website and it seems to be down right now. Not sure if it was the right one. I love my kindle and if I can find free books to put on it all the better. Maybe you could send me a message to get me the correct addy when you have the time.

Judy and Sandy when you mentioned crack slaw I light went on. I haven't made that in so long. Going to have to relocate that recipe and make that one again.

Once again thank you for the warm welcome. I'll see you later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 09-12-2012 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #256

7 days...We are taking an excursion to Kennebunkport when we land in Portland. My friend who sang at my wedding is going to meet us for lunch..I haven't seen her in at least 20 years..Time flies...
Old 09-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yep, I'm up 3-4 times a night now... it was worse, but is getting better since I got treatment for my adrenals. Last week-end I made the mistake of ordering a pot of tea at a restaurant when they didn't have decaf coffee... I didn't sleep all night & was up probably every hour. Which was embarrassing, as we shared a room with another couple. I'd never been kept awake by "tea" before. Oops!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #258
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Long day with lots of exercise, mom visit and lunch out.
Needless to say, I didn't get anything accomplished around the house!

Quote:
M
MK probably out walking, walking, walking.
How did you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post

Can I hang around with you guys?
Of course!!

Quote:
Maybe restful good sleep really helps us with the appetite regulation as well?
Definitely!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeadz View Post
B

I had to see what Sandy's crack slaw was, so that's what's for dinner tonight. Sounds aptly named.
I Crack Slaw!
It's marvelous!!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, I remember the name but not the recipe, someone point me to crack slaw
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Ok, I remember the name but not the recipe, someone point me to crack slaw
I just looked it up tonight and saw Linda Sue's version and I think it's one of the same.

HAMBURGER CABBAGE STIR-FRY

1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounce bag coleslaw mix *
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Pinch ginger, optional
Pinch cayenne, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons granular Splenda, optional
1 bunch green onions, cut on the bias (about 8 onions or 3 ounces after trimming)

In a very large skillet or wok, brown the ground beef with the garlic and a little salt and pepper. Drain the fat, if you like, or just leave it in. Add the cabbage and mushrooms and stir-fry until the cabbage is tender-crisp. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.

Makes 6 servings
Per Serving: 263 Calories; 16g Fat; 22g Protein; 7.5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4.5g Net Carbs
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Crack Slaw

HAMBURGER CABBAGE STIR-FRY
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounce bag coleslaw mix *
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Pinch ginger, optional
Pinch cayenne, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons granular Splenda, optional
1 bunch green onions, cut on the bias (about 8 onions or 3 ounces after trimming)

In a very large skillet or wok, brown the ground beef with the garlic and a little salt and pepper. Drain the fat, if you like, or just leave it in. Add the cabbage and mushrooms and stir-fry until the cabbage is tender-crisp. Add the remaining ingredients and heat through. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.

Makes 6 servings

Per Serving: 263 Calories; 16g Fat; 22g Protein; 7.5g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 4.5g Net Carbs
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG, that looks so good, will put coleslaw mix on my list. Thank you both for posting that.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:32 AM   #263

Good morning..

Oh...I forget about Crack Slaw, but it is very good..

Debby: How horrible that night must have been. I think tea is more of diuretic than coffee is, plus there is still caffeine in it.. I try not to drink much after dinner..(water).

Busy day..I listened to Fred Hahn's podcast with Jimmy..It is very interesting about
muscles/weight gain/fat loss, etc..

Hair dye on head..LOL..Catch you later.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:10 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all,I've made the slaw before its greatLots of flavors! I've also done it with fresh green beans in place of cabbage great to.

Got up this morning weigh 178 .8 down 1/2 lb that's 4.5 lbs in 5 days.i love it
Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #265
Princess Proofreader

my recipe for Crack Slaw is a little different . . . .

1/2 lb ground beef
1 T sesame oil
2 cloves garlic
3 green onions
1 C broccoli slaw
1 C shredded cabbage
1 T soy sauce

(brown rice optional)

Brown beef, drain and set aside

Add sesame oil to pan, brown slaws for 2 mins then add green onions and garlic

Mix in beef and top with soy sauce.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

My bad thing is I had to give up soy! I miss that so I just add extra garlic and ginger.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #267

Here's my recipe:

"Crack Slaw"
1 pound ground beef
1/2 tsp onion powder 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp black pepper
18 oz cabbage, shredded
1/2 small onion or 3 green onions chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce, Franks or Sirracha
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp Splenda, or sweetener equivalent
1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed (optional)
Makes 6 Servings.

Directions:

Brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat up sesame oil and sauté garlic, onions, and slaw in sesame oil until cabbage cooked to desired tenderness.
Stir in the soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, Splenda, ginger and vinegar.
Add back in hamburger. Mix well and serve!
Serve with additional Sriracha sauce on the side for people who want to add spice.

Nutrition Info per serving:
267 Calories, 19.8g Fat, 7.7g Total Carbs (3g Fiber) , 15g Protein

I love this stuff, but it does stink up your house, lol. I put about a tablespoon of CO in with the sesame oil too.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:19 AM   #268
Princess Proofreader

I use Liquid Aminos since I gave up wheat - which is in soy sauce - go figure! Mine has soy in it, but there is a coconut aminos too!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks tuscan girl!!i love soy sauce I lived in Japan for 3 years so I used it alots..I will have to get me some of the other.have you tried it?if so do you like it?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! How's everyone?

I just had those Coconut Flour Pancakes and they were goooood! I added the HWC like the OP mentioned and also about 1T of water to thin it out further rather than adding more DaVinci. Butter and Walden Farms syrup on top. I ate the whole batch - no prob.

MK: My DH is wheat senstive and I found Soy Sauce without wheat by a popular brand. For me, it's less carbs.

Sandy and MK, thanks for posting your versions. Smells up house? Thanks for the heads up, I'll run the exhaust fans, air cleaner and open the windows for my H's sake. (rolling eyes). I sauteed onions last night and put the exhaust fan on but DH pointed out I must also open the windows. Ok.....

Sharon - I believe that was Judy that has that gadget. I just use a potato peeler.

I see we have a Deb and a Debbie here. I'll try it keep it straight.
Closed Thread