Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Ok Judy, now I get you about not being hungry. Of course last week I was of OCD over a new WOE that it was all I thought of. Today, I planned out my whole day, based on 3 meals. I normally only eat 2 b/c I was such a late sleeper, but woke up early and hungry. Well, it has been a busy day and about 2:00 I realized I had not fixed the lunch I planned and was not hungry at all!!!!! BElls and whistles, here!!!

So, I grabbed an oz. of almonds and off I went to run my errands! So, maybe in a week or two, I too will have your problem, we will have to help each other along!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
My new great-grandson arrived today!!! They named him Chase. He weighed 7#12oz and was 19 inches long and is adorable!!! Of course! He has a ton of black hair! His big brother, Colton, was practically bald when he was born. He's just 18 months old so his whole little world is about to change!

On the mag, it's my understanding that mag citrate is utilized by your body better than mag oxide. I used to take the oxide but have started the citrate. I haven't noticed any difference in the bathroom dept. so I'm happy about that. That's actually the reason I started taking mag in the first place, so I sure wouldn't want to mess that up!

I'd like to hear more about the kidney stone and mag. I had/have a very small stone that I hope has passed w/o me knowing. It's really only bothered me one time but I always live in fear that it's going to rear it's ugly head at any time. And I've seen what they are like! DH has had them twice and I don't want any of that!!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 09-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #183
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations Sandy, so happy to hear he is here and healthy, that is always the main concern. Yes, it will be a huge adjustment for Colton, Ollie is about the same age and I can only imagine how his world would be turned upside down!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Congrautulations Sandy!!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
to the world, Chase! And good luck to your big brother.
Congrats Sandy!

Sandy said: "I'd like to hear more about the kidney stone and mag. I had/have a very small stone that I hope has passed w/o me knowing. It's really only bothered me one time but I always live in fear that it's going to rear it's ugly head at any time. And I've seen what they are like! DH has had them twice and I don't want any of that!!! "

I hope it passed without you knowing also! I don't want to brag, but I'm a champion stone-former, as was my daddy and my sister and both of her kids. We are no strangers to the emergency room. $$$$$$
I probably have read through the years about magnesium deficiencies in stone-formers, so decided to supplement on my own.

We all spent Christmas 2011 in the emergency room then hospital when my sister was septic after a particularly un-passable stone. I didn't know that could happen, but obviously, for once, I was wrong.
She's fine now.

My dh has them and has had his poor kidney pummeled to remove 3 stones too big to pass. Successfully.
I don't have much advice, only a lot of stories. I think I take the magnesium out of superstition and hope. And now I take the mag because Carolyn told me to! (OK and lots of other diet docs)

Buffy said: "Ok Judy, now I get you about not being hungry. Of course last week I was of OCD over a new WOE that it was all I thought of. Today, I planned out my whole day, based on 3 meals. I normally only eat 2 b/c I was such a late sleeper, but woke up early and hungry. Well, it has been a busy day and about 2:00 I realized I had not fixed the lunch I planned and was not hungry at all!!!!! BElls and whistles, here!!!

So, I grabbed an oz. of almonds and off I went to run my errands! So, maybe in a week or two, I too will have your problem, we will have to help each other along! "

Isn't it just the most amazing thing to have obsessed over food our whole lives and now not be hungry? Honestly I can see how it could be a problem, but I'm not there yet.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

My#
Cal-1119------ to low
Fat-100.8 =78%
Carbs- 11.3 =4%
Prot. -48.5 =18%. Need more....
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #187

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh, Buffy..you are so sweet.... I think being on LC for 11 years helps and listening to
podcasts, reading books..etc..However, I still would like to lose a bit more weight..LOL..

I checked the 10 day forecast for our NEngland/Canada cruise...It will be in the 60's..and a bit of rain. SO, I think that means no capris..am I right? Slacks/jeans...what do you think??
Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

No capris if those are the highs or maybe just 1 pair.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Hi Ladies, wow - I get to read lots to catch up - love it!

Carolyn - So you are the resident exercise/nutrition guru? cool I do slow burn too via Fred Hahn at the gym. I believe in it wholeheartedy and can't help but want to tell others at the gym to SLOWWWWWWWW down When are you going on your cruise? Love vacations! I hope you are NOT going to D.I.E.T. Please tell me you're not. I am going in Oct and I guarantee you I will not be dieting.

Magnesium is the vehicle which carries the calcium to the proper parts of the body; otherwise, calcium just floats and makes deposits at places you don't want them to (knuckles, wrist etc) as in "calcium deposits". A doc explained that to me. 2 parts magenesium to 1 part calcium and you're good to go.

Yes, Magnesium Oxide - as in Milk of Magnesia - for clean outs
Magesium Citrate is the good stuff for health.

Buffy: I can relate to you. I am OCD with food as soon as I diet. I hope to come to a space where I'm not planning my next meal.

Jess Bunny: Nice to meet you I am in Berks County, PA - in between Lancaster and Allentown. I'm sure you know teehee. I work in Kutztown - Amish Country. When I worked for the Bank, I had regular meetings in Lancaster.

Judy: You are funny!!!!!!!!!....you are going to eat while I figure out WHAT I'm going to eat????????????

Sandy: Congrat's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like grandson already takes after you for the thick hair from what I can see in your avi. A blessing and so happy for you and your famiily.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #190

I'd take one pair Carolyn, just in case there's a warm day. When do you leave? Did you get my email?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Blue..we go to bethel a lot to visit my daughter mother- laws.we going there next month and then for thanksgiving..nice area we even thought about moving there but were I live is so beautiful ,just can't leave yet..my son lives in Harrisburg .
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #192

Hi ladies..

I am going with one pair.. Thanks..It might be warm..you never know.

I don't have a kindle or an app or anything, Sandy, new greatgrandma.. Darling baby.
Which book is set in Independence, KS I wonder???

I love PA..We went there for a family vacation....Gary's relatives arrived from Germany and went to Milton, PA and my grandma's family lived in Wyoming County many years ago..
Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Blue..we go to bethel a lot to visit my daughter mother- laws.we going there next month and then for thanksgiving..nice area we even thought about moving there but were I live is so beautiful ,just can't leave yet..my son lives in Harrisburg .
I know Bethel but haven't been there. We drive through Harrisburg to the outskirts to visit my husband's 1st cousin every year for family reunion. It is beautiful country in Lancaster/Lebanon and mid western and western PA. I am about 60 miles from Philadelphia. Still a lot of farmland and mountains and near Amish countries. I was born and raised here and never moved out.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BlueTopaz said: "Magnesium is the vehicle which carries the calcium to the proper parts of the body; otherwise, calcium just floats and makes deposits at places you don't want them to (knuckles, wrist etc) as in "calcium deposits". A doc explained that to me. 2 parts magenesium to 1 part calcium and you're good to go.

Yes, Magnesium Oxide - as in Milk of Magnesia - for clean outs
Magesium Citrate is the good stuff for health."

- - -
Well thank you! I remember 30 years ago they would tell stone-formers to stay away from dairy products. Then they finally figured out that it wasn't necessary. I started supplementing calcium & magnesium so many years ago...

I GOT MY SLOW BURN DVDS TODAY!! It will only take a month or two for me to open them up.... patience.....patience......
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #195

Judy...Just watch the first one...then you are ready for the second one, which has the work out..You will love it....Start with 5 pound hand weights and see how it goes.

Blue: We are leaving this Saturday..I will "watch" what I eat and try to avoid sugary carbs. We are going with another couple. The wife, Sharon, is my age and has a beautiful figure and eats sparingly..really.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Morning!!

Portcop - yes you can!!

Am i the only one that is sad about cooler weather??

I miss the 80's - not the 100's - just the 80's.
Luckily we're supposed to go back up tomorrow! Phew!

Today is a normal day.
RIP class (Deb - squats with a barbell over your shoulders and later, lunges!), home to clean (and it needs it!) Library Foundation Board meeting, and FINALLY after talking about it forever - starting T-shirt quilt for daughter #2!!
What! Squats w/barbell over the shoulders - OMG! That is my dream to do at my gym but think I need my DH there to spot me or else I would seriously hurt myself.

How was your movie?

BFF just told me tonight that a new Richard Gere movie is coming out and she wants us to see it - no guys allowed. Her and I have loved him since American Gigalo. I know I'm dating myself but I was just out of High School when that came out One day, many years ago, she made me take a day off work because he was rumored to be in the area at a certain location near my house. We almost trespassed a gated house but I said NO. Later it came out that the rumor was false and there was a look a like that has been spotted! Silly things we do when we're in our 30's.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #197

Carolyn, here it is:

Diary of a Confessions Queen by Kathy Carmichael

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly
Sprightly humor and eccentric characters invigorate this chick lit cozy from romance writer Carmichael (Hot Flash). Amy Crosby, a struggling true confessions author, is about to have her husband, Dan, who disappeared from Independence, Kans., seven years earlier, declared legally dead when she receives a blackmail note. The blackmailer, who claims Dan is alive, wants $2,000 or else. Amy's refusal to comply leads to further threats, break-ins, and vandalism, including the destruction of her deceased grandmother's teacup collection. Amy accepts help from, among others, Det. Brad Tyler, a cop who worked on Dan's missing persons case, and Jerome Keller, a friend of Dan's she's been kinda sorta dating. When Jerome's found floating in the local river, dead from blunt force trauma, Amy becomes the prime suspect in his murder. The action builds to a shocking finale, though the killer's identity strains credulity. (Feb.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
From Booklist
*Starred Review* It’s been seven years since wisecracking confessions writer Amy Crosby’s husband, Dan, disappeared, and now, she’s about to lose her house. Amy’s only way out is to have Dan declared legally dead so that she can collect his life insurance. But someone doesn’t want her to do that. Threatening notes begin appearing in Amy’s home, and soon, her secret intruder is doing more than leaving written messages. Police detective Brad Cooper is worried about the blackmail letters and the break-ins, even if Amy’s wealthy, would-be fiancť has taken steps to increase the security of her home. With two men interested in her and someone out to get her, Amy has more to deal with than any woman should. Carmichael (Hot Flash, 2009) has created a thrilling whodunit in her trademark sassy, breezy style. Readers will enjoy her unique blend of humor and suspense. --Shelley Mosley
Old 09-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #198
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
MK, don't know about the others but as far as I am concerned, yes, you are alone in your sadness about the cooler weather , it never gets too cool for me here in Dallas. I treasure those very few really cold days we have, get to have a fire and pretend it is really winter here
That's because you live in Dallas!
Come to Central Illinois! Brrrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
Hi Sandy - Nice to meet you! I noticed that you're the same height as me and you have lost a lot of weight. Congrats! Are you strickly EFGT? May I ask what percentages of Prot, fat, carbs you go by? I'm going to wing this with 64g protein, 20 net carbs to start out with.

You all should experience Pennsylvania winters - you would probably change your minds
As I've said before, Sandy has the metabolism of a teenage boy, so be careful!

See you get it about cold winters!!
I'm originally from WV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Buffy, I use both whey and egg white. They both work well. The whey is vanilla flavored and egg white has no taste. Depends on what you are making as to which one you use. I buy Jay Robb's brand.

Does the egg white one have whey in it too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yes, our Carolyn is very very wise, and she retains things she hears and reads, so a wonderful source of information. WE are very lucky to have her here on our board!!
Yes she is!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTopaz View Post
What! Squats w/barbell over the shoulders - OMG! That is my dream to do at my gym but think I need my DH there to spot me or else I would seriously hurt myself.

How was your movie?
I don't use a fully loaded one, just about about 30 lbs. Any heavier and I can't get it back off my shoulders by myself!

Movie was good!!

Sandy - congrats on the new great-grandson!!!
How fun!!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My new great-grandson arrived today!!! They named him Chase. He weighed 7#12oz and was 19 inches long and is adorable!!! Of course! He has a ton of black hair! His big brother, Colton, was practically bald when he was born. He's just 18 months old so his whole little world is about to change!
Congratulations on your new great-grandson! What a happy day for you

I'm doing well, still waiting for the last lb. to go... don't know why, I just want to hit the goal. I may need to lose a few more if my goal jeans still make a muffin-top, we'll see... it is getting smaller...

Fall is hitting us fast. The trees are changing colors overnight & the nights are getting colder. It was sure a great summer! So thankful.

I take magnesium citrate also. It helps me stay regular (usually).

Happy losing everyone!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Does the egg white one have whey in it too?

Mary Kay, no just pure extracted egg white albumin and lecithin.

Sandy congratulations on your brand new grandson.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Seems ever one is doing great I like to see it that way.the last 3.days I lowered my prot.and up my fat and cal.ive lost 3 lbs one lb. a day yehaw ......just unreal I can eat that fat and lose,I really think it was the prot...I wished dr.A was alive to give advice on this..you no if you follow Atkins truly his 72.. I bet you would not eat to much prot.cause you would be in real keto..so your appetite would not let you eat very much....thanks to Dr.A for saving my live and making me feel so good .
Old 09-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #203
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Thanks Sharon!

What's everyone up to today?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Congrats Port on you loss, I know that feels so good.

Blue, I am a Richard Gere fan too, he is sooo easy on the eye!!

Carolyn, will you be checking in while on your cruise? Have a wonderful time and don't worry, we will survive without you if you can't check in, errr, I think we will.

Didn't get all my office work caught up yesterday, I quit mid-afternoon to run some errands and then when I got home I was too tired to start in again. Of course, I never get it all done.

Have to go plan my menu for today, takes a lot more time than just eating junk or whatever I want all day
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Congrats on the new grandson Sandy, such happy news!!

Blue: Itís all Amish country around here too, nothing like running late for work because you were stuck behind buggies or farm equipment. Iíve lived here all my life too. I could move away but I donít really want to since itís a nice area.

Judy: Hope you like the slow burn, itís a really great program. Iíd go a little easy on the first one or two sessions. I jumped head first into with really heavy weights and was so sore the next day I couldnít move a single body part without my muscles complaining. But I do really enjoy it now.

As of this morning I have made it to my first goal weight! 299.5!!! Iím sure Iíll have some bouncing back and forth between the 2ís and 3ís but I was so excited to see my first 2 on the scale.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

for Jess! Congratulations!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jess! Fantastic!
And for sure count on it - you'll bounce around.

I hit a small new low for me. I was down a half pound, so of course today, I'm back up two pounds! Yay me.... happens every time, though. Not worried.
Just like not being hungry.

And Jess & Buffy I finally bought a giant package of raw almonds at Sam's this morning. It was about $10 so I will for certain be toasting those and making my own almond butter.

Buffy you are so right - if you are eating this way, you are cooking. You just are. Because you have to limit your protein, you have to figure it all out in advance. I have been so busy lately, though, that my husband has been grilling delicious meats and I just eat what weighs correctly and have coconut flour pancakes every single morning (That's right! That's what I said!) and lunch is usually chicken broth with 2 or 3 oz. cream cheese. Then dinner isn't a big deal because I'm so deficient in calories & protein I can eat whatever I want. I'm not losing quickly but I am consistently losing and I feel well.

I am probably only cooking less because my dh is cooking more!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning!

Port and Jenn - WTG on the weight loss! KUGW!

Buffy: yeppers, he is! Kinda wish he got rid of the gray though.

Debby: Only 1 lb yet to go? You are sooo lucky! Great work! Maybe an extra Magnesium Citrate could knock off that 1 lb left Did you do it on the EFBT plan?

MaryKay: Still...it can't be easy to lift any weights like that. Thanks, I will take your advice and not go by Sandy's carb amounts because I do NOT have a teenage boy's metabolism. But a girl can wish....

Judy: I just got a recommended Exercise DVD in and it'll probably take a few months for me to open it. Don't ask me what it's called - don't remember...lolol. Prevention something....It's on my bookshelf. Note to self: Get it out and do it!

Does anyone know of a good appetite suppressant out there that is safe? Gosh, I need something....BC pills are taking over.

Gotta get back to work. Have a great fluff burning day!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #209
Princess Proofreader

Blue - not being hungry is the best pill I know - eat more fat and you won't be!

Judy - I love raw almonds!! Such a good crunch! And the yo yo scale . . . I know it well!

Jess - how awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

Buffy - planning is always a pain. I wish i had a chef . . .
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, Sam's have the best prices on nuts. I haven't been in awhile. At Christmas time I make and last year sold, English Toffee. I used lbs of pecans and found Sam's had the best deal on them.

Judy, do have a quick and easy recipe for your pancakes?
Closed Thread