Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #601
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
MMMM DD32 fried naked chicken thighs on top of stove, then finished them in the oven with artichokes and lemons and garlic - delicious and no flour!! Crisp skin.

I took a salad of diced tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, celery, and scallions, garlic powder, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Her dessert didn't fit for us, so I chatted. I have never in my life felt this comfortable ignoring food that doesn't fit for me. If nothing else happens for me fitness-wise or weight-wise, I will have a comfortable, healthy way of eating that is sustainable. (first time!)

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
So true Judy. I feel it too. Food is not the enemy anymore.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
So true Judy. I feel it too. Food is not the enemy anymore.
Exactly!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi gals,
I've been dealing with a few new symptoms, trying to figure out which med needs adjusting...thyroid or adrenals... So, according to stop the thyroid madness (my new reference book), I needed to take a temperature test. Which I've been doing (takes 3 days); with one more day to go. As it is averaging exactly the same, and low, I'll be upping my thyroid med.
Do any of you take Armour? I'm just wondering how long it takes to make a difference, since it wasn't that long ago that I raised the dose I was taking...
I found something interesting yesterday...scoobys workshop calorie calculator, for calculating calories for maintenance, or losing. Its pretty cool. I've figured mine out & have decided to go for it, with the 5% calorie reduction... leaves me at 1817 calories. You can enter your own %'s also, and it gives you amounts for each meal... kind of a helpful tool.
Seems no matter what I do, I stay the same... so I'm going to try the increase in cals, as my read-out gave me. We'll see.
I should find out from you gals what the % of fat/protein/carb is that you use too???
I just checked the healthcheck website and found it will be more like 7 days until I get my thyroid results, so the minute I get them I'll become an expert and advise you

I'm interested in that calculator. Debby aren't you a wee little thing? I am impressed at your 1817 calories!

I'm not using a percentage of fat/protein/carb. I'm eating 54-57 grams of protein each day, carbs under 30g (usually never reach that) and fat to satiety.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #605
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Sharon: I made your extremely nommie fried onions/almond flour/parmesan cheese recipe last night with brats..They are almost like decomposed onion rings..One medium
onion made enough for two. I used my small skillet..You need to post that recipe on the Recipe Bulletin Board..

Judy: I like chopped salad..Sounds great..and we are all anxious for your thyroid results.

I love this way of eating..Will have been on it 11 years this January..

Will change our name tonight for our October thread and the "weigh in" for those
who haven't done so.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I just checked the healthcheck website and found it will be more like 7 days until I get my thyroid results, so the minute I get them I'll become an expert and advise you

I'm interested in that calculator. Debby aren't you a wee little thing? I am impressed at your 1817 calories!

I'm not using a percentage of fat/protein/carb. I'm eating 54-57 grams of protein each day, carbs under 30g (usually never reach that) and fat to satiety.
Ah... we have to wait for your expertise to arrive! LOL... not too long though! I had to wait 3 wks for mine.
LOL @ wee little thing! I do think 1817 calories is a lot... you don't? I'm having trouble getting above 1600 calories right now... using nuts to up it.
Under 30 g carbs... I eat oatmeal, oatbran, & a corn tortilla daily. Wondering what your meals look like... My dinner has no grains, today I did without the tortilla & oatbran, but my calories were really low. (because we were at someone else's house). Where do you track your food? Or do you? That calculator site is easy to find online, high-light it & right click to google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I love this way of eating..Will have been on it 11 years this January..
Will change our name tonight for our October thread and the "weigh in" for those who haven't done so.
Sounds good!
Wow! 11 years of eating high fat diet!? That's great!
I just heard about it this year!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! I think 1817 is a lot of calories! I am impressed!

I don't eat grains (except the occasional oat bran used in a bake mix). I eat either eggs or coconut flour pancakes every morning. I eat late so I'm often not really hungry for lunch. I do often have a couple of ounces of cream cheese in chicken broth (got both breakfast & lunch ideas from Kristn on the nutritional ketosis thread).

Dinner is obviously more protein, salad, vegetables. I have finally figured out I can make casseroles, crock pot things using less meat so less protein per serving.

I have trouble getting all my calories in too.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon & Carolyn - did you use much oil on Sharon's yummy onion dish? I think I used way too much. Then when I put in the almond flour & parmesan cheese, it soaked a lot up.
The taste was good, I just don't think I did it right. Did anyone's get crispy? Or just brown?
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I used a tbs of coconut oil and sliced one whole onion. I put the onion in the pan and got it started before I put the almond flour parm mixture over the top. The onions were translucent. Then I just stir the mixture and kept turning it over. Mine came out brown and that part was a little on the crisp side. Dh said the same thing about them tasting like onion rings.

I do another thing with left over breading mixture of parm and almond flour and eggs. I combine everythng and sprinkle on some seasoning and pour into a frypan. It cooks like bread pancake and we love it with our meal.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Closed Thread