Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
I use ******. It's pretty slow because they load ads. But tracking has been a very good thing for me.
Rebecca Latham is a very meticulous tracker. She posts on the NK thread you and I are both reading. You can download her weekly menus from her blog site. One time (I'm not certain whether it was a mistake or a gift!) she had her food list at the bottom of every page. This food list has everything calculated for grams or ounces and I started using that, putting in my own foods and I still use ****** to find out what I eat to plug in to that spread sheet. It's an excel spread sheet.

I just posted on the NK thread - if I were exercising I'm sure I'd be losing faster. I often don't eat very many calories per day, but I literally sit in my computer chair all day since I hurt my back. My work load increased and I hardly ever leave my office (at home). But that's not good for any part of my life, so I think tomorrow I'm going to start going back to the pool (I miss my swimming friends!) and when my Slow Burn DVDs come I'll do that, too.

At least I say I will.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Well, since I am totally OCD, I have to check out every nutritional software program to see which I like best, and since I am old and don't like change, I really really want my old program to work since I know it so well. I downloaded several trial ones and am playing around on those. I really liked the looks of diet master and diet power, both top rated until I went to amazon and read the reviews there, hmmm, not so much. I have tried fit day in the past and just found it difficult to get used to. For today, I am using Perfect Diet Tracker, we will see what I think.

And, by the end of today I might be totally back to my old habits, I just don't have the sticking power I used to.

Supposed to go shopping with a couple of friends today but woke up with a sore throat that I think I brought home from little Ollie, he was getting sick when I was there. So, I opted to stay home, didn't have anything to shop for and I knew it would be crowds of people and I hate crowds.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals...

Great conversation on NK..Jimmy Moore has started losing again using it..All the experts on the cruise talked how necessary ketosis is to lose weight and be healthy..

On the podcast with Stephen Phinney, he does mention eating the perfect number of grams of protein is important so we don't lose muscle. He also said that sometimes peeps can't eat as much fat and if they aren't losing, and their protein and their carbs are good, then try cutting down on the fat..Not sooooooo low, of course, but if you eating too much fat, your body won't use the fat it has got. I do think everyone is different on the fat. I find it very easy to eat a lot of fat.. Maybe I need to pay attention to that..I used to do ****** all the time..Need to get some accountability.

Hired a kid from church to paint the deck..Dh is happy as he is heading for Quebec tomorrow.

Buffy: Hope you are better..It's a bummer to be sick..

Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jess is using software she likes - haven't heard from her in awhile. Maybe she'll check in and give us another review.

Buffy I hope you feel better too.
And then I hope you give us a review of your tracking software because I would be interested in buying, but GEESH I am tired of learning new software thingies.

I am finally enjoying (kinda) MasterCook. It was about $20 or $25, can't remember. I have to enter once some of our different foods (almond flour, coconut flour) then it always links automatically and gives me my grams of protein, fat & carbs, but it's only for recipes as far as I'm concerned.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #35

Yes, MCook is great for recipes..LindaSue uses it all the time..
Old 09-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #36
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I'm having a PJ day!
Definitely not being a productive member of society today!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #37

MK: Good for you..I had a busy day..Dh bought some nice Dockers in Canada when he forgot his suitcase..Well, they were 30's in length..and they have been dragging on the floor for a month or so..SO, now the hems look terrible, so I had to rehem them so they are shorter..Of course, I had to watch Poirot and Miss Marple on Netflix..my reward.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #38
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
MK: Good for you..I had a busy day..Dh bought some nice Dockers in Canada when he forgot his suitcase..Well, they were 30's in length..and they have been dragging on the floor for a month or so..SO, now the hems look terrible, so I had to rehem them so they are shorter..Of course, I had to watch Poirot and Miss Marple on Netflix..my reward.
Two of my favorite shows! Good for you!!
Old 09-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #39

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Busy weekend here. We went to the Irish Fest yesterday with our friends from Iowa. Had a great time! Our hotel room directly overlooked the square where all the festivities were going on. Great music, food and drink! And tomorrow I pay the piper, lol.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bamabrandy
Stats: 339/312/180
WOE: Low Carb, JUDDD
Start Date: August 08, 2012
Hi! I'm Brandy. I've been doing Atkins since August 1 and I would love to join your Sept. challenge
Old 09-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy - HAD to have been worth it!

MK I am a very very very very very big fan of PJ days. Plus you've been nation-trotting so you earned it!

Carolyn - you always have good ideas for treats for yourself.

Brandy This is a very friendly group. I'm kind of new too.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Hi Ladies! Iím all sorts of behind on things! Iíve gotta play some catch-up. Iíve just been so busy at work and home Iíve been running out of time in the day to jump on the boards. I was exposed to wheat about a week and a half ago, and that was just awful. I had no idea how hard it would hit me after such a long time away from the stuff, everything hurt and I was covered in hives. But itís clearing out of my system and Iím finally feeling better again. I was surprised I had a decent loss for the month even with the wheat incident. Iím gonna try to make it a point to come hang out more, but itís not going to be today unfortunately.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

Brandy and back Jess. Ouch on the wheat incident, really enforces what you have found out about wheat.

Took dayquil all day yesterday and thus didn't sleep the best last night but my head cold seems a little better or it is masking the symptoms. No energy at all though.

Finally have an appt. today with a urologist who can hopefully find out why I keep getting UTI's.

That will probably be my day.

Tracked what I ate yesterday and did good, carefully monitoring my BS and lowering my meds a little to compensate for the lack of carbs. We will see how it goes and how I feel doing this.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's such a big job tracking what you eat. And I have found I've become nearly compulsive about it. And I also find the best success I've ever had is while tracking my food. So good luck.

Good to hear from you Jess! What a great weight loss!! Congratulations!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I sure would like to join you all! I'm doing LC with high fat.i think I need to keep proteins down to??

Do you guys eat veggies?

I need to lose .....186 want to be 135. So I think I need to keep proteins around 60.....
Old 09-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi portcop01,
If you are already doing low carb with high fat you're nearly there.
We agree - keep proteins down too.
I think on the Nutritional Ketosis thread they would ask you how tall you are and say you could base your protein grams on your activity level.

But I think you would be very safe at 60g no matter what - unless you are teeny tiny.

*cough* Carolyn and MK *cough*

Vegetables are a must! Just figure in the carbs with the rest of your food/math homework!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #47

Hi ladies..

Wow...some new friends, Welcome, Welcome.. and Hi Jess.

Holy smokes...Jess, Wheat is not your friend at all..I hate hives..

Buffy: Thank goodness you have an appointment today..Hopefully, you
can get some relief from your UTI's..

Hi Bama....Welcome..

Yes, Portcop, we love our veggies here..60 is a good number for you..You want enough, but not too much. You might be able to hit 70 if you exercise.

Keeping track of food is the perfect plan..I haven't done it, but need to get back to doing that..

Dh is in Quebec City today..I love QC..Ticket was 1700, so glad I didn't volunteer to go..Wowza..

Bible Study starts up today. I made some LC treats..I hope they like them.
They aren't perfect as I think I put in too much flaxmeal..but they are good for the digestive tract..LOL.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #48
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
MK I am a very very very very very big fan of PJ days. Plus you've been nation-trotting so you earned it!
Thanks! That's what i thought too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabrandy View Post
Hi! I'm Brandy. I've been doing Atkins since August 1 and I would love to join your Sept. challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I sure would like to join you all!

And yes, I eat lots of veggies!

Quote:
Hi portcop01,

But I think you would be very safe at 60g no matter what - unless you are teeny tiny.

*cough* Carolyn and MK *cough*

Jess - yikes!!!

Carolyn - I hope people aren't "running" out of your Bible Study!

Busy today around the house ~ laundry is caught up and DS20's room is almost cleaned up from moving him to college.

Dinner out tonight with an old friend (since 6th grade!) - she's in from CA!!
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #49

Have fun at your old friend dinner, MK...Old friends are great..LOL..No one was running out of the Bible Study..However, I don't know what happened when they got home.

Oh...good GF bread on the Recipe Bulletin Board..Barbo's Onion/Rye bread..It is very good and tasty...
Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Hi & - new peeps!

Hope your Bible study loved the LC treats, Carolyn That would be cool.

My week-end went better then expected! I was quite nervous about having everyone over for dinner (haven't had energy to entertain for ages). My DIL came & helped, which added 5 extra peeps, but we had a good time! Then we did it again the next night with one more! But it went really well.
The 8 kiddo's stayed overnight & then all the parents came. I'm pretty pleased with the energy I have. Although it feels like its "too much."

Anyone taking natural thyroid & isocort? I'm getting muscle soreness today, when I climb the stairs. I wonder if its my thyroid, or adrenals causing this? I'm on rather low doses of both, so its confusing.

Hope you're all doing great!

Last edited by DebbyL; 09-04-2012 at 09:43 PM..
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #51
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
LOL..No one was running out of the Bible Study..However, I don't know what happened when they got home.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn, thank you for posting about Barbo's Onion/Rye Bread.
I felt like I was reading all the "stars" of low carb cooking!!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:30 AM   #53

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Did anybody see this on CBS? A friend on another thread shared this. We need to pass it on to people who think we're crazy when we try to tell them how bad wheat is for you!

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says - CBS News
Old 09-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jess is using software she likes - haven't heard from her in awhile. Maybe she'll check in and give us another review.
I use a website called fitbit. I like it very much but I use it because my BF and I have both of their integrated products, the wifi scale and the fitness tracker. I love both of the products, the scale is accurate and also does the body fat percentage and then it automatically sends the data to the website over wifi so I never have to worry about writing things down or forgetting and I can go back and look at my history at any time. We also both have the fitness trackers, which is like a fancy pedometer. It tracks steps, stairs, calories burned and your sleep efficiency. It also sends us reports automatically every week so we can chart our progress. I find it to be useful information because it shows the cause and effect of not enough sleep or exercising. It does offer food tracking which is pretty good but I donít always use it. Iíve been encouraged to keep food journals for different reasons since I was about 14 and I do it on a pretty regular basis but sometimes I just get tired of it and need a break for a while. I have developed an excellent memory for what I eat and can recall about 3-4 weeks of past food if I need too so I can always go back and fill in later. The food database that fitbit has is not as extensive as fitdayís but I just add things as I need them. I would recommend the fitbit site if you are interested in one of their products as well but if you are just looking for a website or program to track what you eat I think ****** would work a little better. Of course the service is free so you can always make an account and play around with it if you are interested.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
QUOTE=sjl330;15921873]Did anybody see this on CBS? A friend on another thread shared this. We need to pass it on to people who think we're crazy when we try to tell them how bad wheat is for you!

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says - CBS News[/QUOT[E]

Thanks Sandy!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Yes Sandy that's a great article. I'm defiantly a person who would recommend eliminating wheat and all the crazy bad things it can do to your body without you even knowing it. I will admit that I am curious about heritage wheat, I've looked it up and you can buy it online. I know it's not low carb of course but I do wonder if I would have such a negative reaction to it as I do to the modern wheat. I may give it a try at some point.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

everyone!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I agree with that,since I gave up wheat and sugar it's amazing how much better I feel,and the engery......people really think I'm crazy for eating LC and wheat free.i live in a real hillbilly town,so don't talk to them about stuff like that,many said I try LC but got so sick.when you try to tell them that normal when you give up that crappy food..they just look at you like you are crazy...but I no the different.

I had a 2 glasses of wine the other night! The next day I was very tired for first time in weeks.so today I'm back to feeling great again....I really do like the coconut oil!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Seabeadz
Stats: 189/178/125
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Sept 2012
Hi Everyone,

After a year of trying every eating plan around and almost passing out during the carbfest that is Vegan, my body has told me in no uncertain terms which way it needs me to eat.

According to my glucose meter, I'm in territory with readings from 197 on Sunday to a more reasonable 104 fasting this morning, after 2 days of eating lowish carb, high fat, moderate protein. Ironically, I bought the meter to check DHs levels as he's the sugar addict who gets shaky.

As I have the Groves book, Natural Health and Weight Loss, and my goals are controlled blood sugar and weight loss, I'd like to hang here and get some support and advice.

Thanks,
Deb
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Deb!

I think you will find it surprisingly easy to eat the Barry Groves describes. High fat, very moderate protein and low carb can leave you virtually wondering how you can possibly get that next bite in your mouth.

If you do not track your food, you might want to start. It's about a full time job, but it's so darn helpful. Lots of people use ****** - it's free and after you've put some of your own special things in there, you can easily copy from one day to the next.

Last edited by JMCM1; 09-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: To remove unnecessary nosey question.
Closed Thread