Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Wowza is right..I think Debby might be cured..

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hey Debby,

I'm not very familiar with adrenal fatigue (is that what you have)?
Is it getting better? I'm wondering how you fared MOVING A CORD OF WOOD ??
Yes Judy, I have hypothyroidism & adrenal fatigue. I'm being treated for both, and starting to feel better. I spent the whole year working out, determined to lose the 40 lbs... did so, but oh so slowly, because of the thyroid. The thing that was weird though, is that I'd make myself do 40 minutes on the elliptical every night, and just feel exhausted... not what I used to feel like when I exercised. I'm just now starting to get the exhilarated feeling when I exercise. Oh, and I didn't move the whole cord... I "helped" my dh. My legs are going to be sore for sure, from bending over so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Wowza is right..I think Debby might be cured..
Yep, on the road to recovery! Although I almost fell asleep while the dentist was working on my teeth!
Old 09-14-2012, 03:43 AM   #303
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!
I was awake at 4:00am!
This will be a long day!!

Debby - I hope you aren't too sore today!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #304
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Seabeadz
Stats: 189/178/125
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Sept 2012
Stacking wood is a tough job. Hopefully it will be a good sore muscles feeling.

That pizza crust does sound good.

Mmm, love Bragg's and will sometimes just take a squirt of it when I feel the urge. Weird, huh?

Does anyone else miss fruit? I know berries are okay in moderation, but I loooove most fruit and am missing it a lot, especially orange and mango, which is a great combo btw. It's odd retraining my "fruit is good" thought pattern.

Deb
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all.down another lb that is 5.5 lbs in 6 days..just by lower protein,upping fat,upping cals and keeping carbs same under 20. Meet my goal for the month.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #306
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all.down another lb that is 5.5 lbs in 6 days..just by lower protein,upping fat,upping cals and keeping carbs same under 20. Meet my goal for the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeadz View Post

Does anyone else miss fruit? I know berries are okay in moderation, but I loooove most fruit and am missing it a lot, especially orange and mango, which is a great combo btw. It's odd retraining my "fruit is good" thought pattern.

Deb
I'm still eating fruit . . . .
Old 09-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #307

Hi..

Oh, MKay..4:00 is not morning. Thank God for my BHormones..Progesterone is so helpful for sleep..

Rainy day here..

I eat berries and don't worry about them. Once in a while I will have other fruit..

Port: Yeah for you..That is amazing..

Off to a meeting..Packing is 90 percent done..Dh hasn't started, of course. Last minute stuff..
Old 09-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #308

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm on BioHormones too but when I eat strict low carb, enough to get firmly into ketosis, it really messes up my sleep for awhile. I have to adjust to the extra energy, I guess.

Carolyn, If I don't "talk" to you again, have a wonderful trip! You'll be greatly missed!!
Congrats to Beth!!! I'm sure she's a great person to have around when planning just about anything!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Sounds like you're doing what you need to do!!! Congrats!

Mary Kay, even before I got my ketone meter, it was peach season a few months ago and I would have a couple of bites here and there.
I definitely eat cantaloupe and berries.

I did see Barry Groves talking about how lots of fruits are bred to be sweeter now. I don't doubt it.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #310
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
I woke up early too, but for me, that was 6:55, not early for most of you.

Portcop, WTG on the weight loss, not just today but for the week!

Carolyn, have a great time on your trip and Beth and my son Michael should form a team, he just got a promotion to Sales Manager over Golf for the Hyatt he works for, he sells outings and group golf, she could help plan the rest of it!!! I would guess that Gary is a professional packer as much as he travels. When I used to travel all the time I had a complete set of skincare/cosmetics/meds, etc. that was always ready to go, just had to add the appropriate clothing for the trip.

Deb, I was eating fruit but not that I am back to ketosis, if I miss it I will have a fruit flavored diet soda, SF jello, something like that to give me that fruit taste.

Rainy day here as well, which is welcome.

Debby, since our business is seasonal and we have big trailers, truck, etc., every winter my DH goes to OK and buys split, cut firewood, then sells it here. I have helped him in the past to deliver and stack it. Lot of hard work but very good exercise. He still supplys his existing customers to get some exercise during the winter months.

I am ending my 2nd week of being back on plan and so happy about it. I feel good but having some headaches and aches in my shoulders and back, can't remember if that is part of induction flu or not??? Take a couple of tylenol if it gets too bad and that handles it. Firmly in ketosis now, worry about stinky breath
Old 09-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #311

That's what I always worry about too Buffy....stinky breath!!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #312
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
I just went and got my bottle and it's Magnesium Malate. Now I'm wondering if I have the right one for cramping. LOL Why can't these guys make things simple for the old folks?
I take Mag oxide to offset constipation from calcium. Here is a good mag article: Magnesium Malate Vs. Magnesium Citrate | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #313
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That's what I always worry about too Buffy....stinky breath!!
Do you know of anything to do for that?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #315

Keep your mouth closed????? Lol, couldn't resist. I use SF mints when I know I'm going to be "close" to other people. When I'm alone, I do nothing.

Cindy, our chiro told us to use mag citrate as your body absorbs more of it and less goes out with waste? I take 400 mg morning and night of the mag citrate. I used to take mag oxide. I haven't noticed any bathroom difference since making the switch.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I take Mag oxide to offset constipation from calcium. Here is a good mag article: Magnesium Malate Vs. Magnesium Citrate | LIVESTRONG.COM
Thank you!
It sounds like either malate or citrate would work. (unless you have another opinion which I'd be completely overly-interested in! )

I have about 15 pizza crust recipes (not counting the two I made earlier and are waiting for me in the freezer) I would like to compare. Maybe this weekend. I am looking for a lower protein crust.

Yes, I am very familiar with Maria Emmerich's site - love it! She is not where I am protein-wise, though.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Hmm, I just got my magnesium the other day. It is the MegaFood brand and just says Magnesium on the label. Label says magnesium (1000mg S cerevisiae) 50 mg, spinach 50 mg. Does that mean I am only getting 100 mg per tablet? Help nurse Cindy!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
I love to read Maria Emmerich's site but I must admit that I have terrible luck with her recipe's. They never turn out well for me and I'm not sure why. I've given up on attempting her's now, it's just a waste of food. I do love the All Day I Dream About Food blog, those recipes always work out wonderfully for me.

Judy: I've been trying to find a lower protein pizza crust too. Lately I've been sticking with the cheese crust that's popular over in the recipe board. This one: Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included! If you find one please share!

I got my flu shot this week and it made me feel terrible! I've never had one do this to me before. But I just felt weak and sore and so tired. It's wearing off now but I don't think long days at work have helped.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Debby, since our business is seasonal and we have big trailers, truck, etc., every winter my DH goes to OK and buys split, cut firewood, then sells it here. I have helped him in the past to deliver and stack it. Lot of hard work but very good exercise. He still supplys his existing customers to get some exercise during the winter months.
Firmly in ketosis now, worry about stinky breath
That's great Buffy. I was blessed by the fact the wood was all split into "my-sized" pieces. Didn't get any slivers or bruises! I usually hurt myself handling the big stuff. Oh, I'm not sore anywhere today, surprise-surprise!
Breath... LOTS OF WATER! and for really bad breath: Parsley! I've also used "enzymes" but I'm not sure what that does to your ketones.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #320
Big Yapper!!!!

Running over to the blog you like.....
Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Thank you, Cindy! This was just what I needed. I think I have the right one as I do have a problem with sleeping. Going to stick with this one now that I understand how Malate works.

Scales still being kind. Since I started adding more fat and keeping everything low carb with 4 oz. of protein at every meal, I've dropped 7 pounds. I'm liking that!

Take care and will be back tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessBunny View Post
I love to read Maria Emmerich's site but I must admit that I have terrible luck with her recipe's. They never turn out well for me and I'm not sure why. I've given up on attempting her's now, it's just a waste of food. I do love the All Day I Dream About Food blog, those recipes always work out wonderfully for me.

Judy: I've been trying to find a lower protein pizza crust too. Lately I've been sticking with the cheese crust that's popular over in the recipe board. This one: Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included! If you find one please share!

I got my flu shot this week and it made me feel terrible! I've never had one do this to me before. But I just felt weak and sore and so tired. It's wearing off now but I don't think long days at work have helped.
UGH - I'm sorry about that flu shot. We get one every year and the only thing that happens to me is my arm hurting. Feeling sick afterward is just not fair! I do hope you are feeling better.

Well thank you for reminding me about that pizza crust. Eyeballing it I had worried it had too much protein, but you are right. If there are 12 slices just the eggs & cheese = 4.0167 grams protein/slice. That definitely leaves room for toppings. Thanks, Jess!

Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust
Heat oven to 450 degrees
In a bowl thoroughly combine
3 eggs
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil
press evenly into Pam sprayed pizza pan or cookie sheet
(this makes one 16 inch pizza crust)
Bake at 450 degrees until golden brown (about 10 to 15 minutes)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #323

Hi ladies..

Still packing...little things..etc...

I heard that if you are having bad breath, it is caused by too much protein. Some podcaster on Jimmy's site said this..I thought it was interesting..

Flu shot after the cruise..

I do like the eggs/cheese pizza crust a lot..Sometimes I throw a handful of almond flour to firm it up..and of course, cook your crust before you add your toppings..

Having LC lasagne tonight..with turkey breast meat for the noodles. I got cheap and bought the kind in a package with no artificial stuff..They are thin, but I think it will work out. Ds is coming for dinner and reviewing his "cat" instructions for feeding Alex..Alex is on kidney meds twice a day, so we are on a little routine..

Old 09-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #324

I sure havne't had too much protein. I've actually cut it way back and trying to up my fat. Maybe I don't have bad breath?? Nobody has said I do, lol. I just figured since the sticks were purple I better be cautious.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #325

LOL..Sticks are purple is a good thing..
Old 09-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Yes it is??
Old 09-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn you sound so calm!

I have surmised we are nothing alike. LOL !!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM   #328
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Cindy!
Back atcha!!
Old 09-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Hi everyone - just checking in - TGIF!!!

Carolyn: Have a wonderful trip!

PortCop: on the lb loss! You are doing sooooo good! KUGW!

Judy: What happened to your picture? Trying to test us newbies with memories? I make Linda Sue's Deep Dish Pizza and double the recipe and put it in a regular round pizza pan. It has plenty of fat and the protein is in the cheese and maybe the pepperoni I put on it. I have a feeling the protein to fat ratio is leaving toward more fat. I'm having it tonight for supper. Nice to know there are other recipes out there that are low carb.

Sharon: I'll check out Maria Emmerich's blog. I admit to not knowing about it. Thank you for the info.

Jess: for the flu-like symptoms. I used to get them but got tired of feeling like I got the flu from it - so no more. I haven't gotten the flu since I was a wee-child. The last time I got it was to check my immune system and I coudln't lift my shot-arm for a day and I felt really bad.

Debby: I hope the soreness stays away. For some reason, whenever working out, it's the 2nd day that it gets me. That was some real exercise to be proud of

Sandy: Just ask someone you know well to see if it's true. These days, I don't taste it but my urine comes through a little strong - TMI, I know.

Hi to anyone I missed Whose glad it's Friday? I am
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #330

Just listening to Dr. Jonny Bowden on Jimmy's podcast talking about the supplements we need daily..Potassium and Magnesium are at the top..It is a good one..Keep a pencil and paper with you when you listen..

I am pretty calm, Judy, since my bioidentical hormones are more balanced..LOL..No kidding..Before I was rather high on the "testosterone" and I would get a bit anxious..
I am using the creams now instead of the troche..
Closed Thread