Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BizzyIzzy
Buffalo chicken dip

Im new to the program. Still learning. Am I correct in thinking I can make the buffalo chicken dip with cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheese, chicken and hot sauce. Bake it up and eat a bowl of it for lunch? And that is on plan? If so, I am in heaven!! Oh the possibilities here
BizzyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Yes, that meal would be low carb and higher in fat. If that is what you would like you could certainly eat it while on plan. The calories would add up quick in that one so portion control may be important depending on how many calories you need a day.
JessBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BizzyIzzy
Yes I worried about that. From what I have read we don't have to worry about calories too much, right?
BizzyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Calories do still matter but they matter more to some people then others. It's something you will learn as you go. It helps to keep track of how much you are eating, at least at the beginning. ****** is a great free website that can help you keep track of your foods and does all the math for you. The amount of calories you can eat and still lose is different for everyone for a variety of factors, age, weight, height, male/female (less calories for ladies is usually a must). I personally eat about 1600-1900 calories a day and I'm losing pretty consistently, I'm fairly young at 28 and am pretty active on a daily basis. Low carb diets will reduce your appetite naturally which should lower your calorie intake on its own. Carbs can throw off our bodies sense of when it actually needs foods. Focus on eating when you are hungry and stopping eating when you are full. You'll learn the right amount of food for your body as you go.