Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
I'm delurking so I can ask a question

I've been watching this thread with great interest since I just finished reading Trick and Treat and I've ordered a copy of Natural Healing and Weight Loss which I haven't yet received but I'm need some advice.

I just recently tried the Dukan Diet but with great trepidation and after staying on it for about 3 weeks I wasn't happy with how I felt and now I know that that is a very unhealthy eating plan. What is really bad is even though I purchased all the Dukan diet books and read them in the back of my mind I kept telling myself that this could be potentially dangerous but I did it anyway, the desperate search for weightloss.

I've now switched to a more EFGT way and I love it and I feel great. My skin is loving it too, after about a week on the Dukan Diet my skinned dried out like a prune. Some of the worst dry skin I've ever experienced.

I can't wait to get the new book but I have a question. What is the opinion on using seeds, nuts, nut flours and nut butters? In particular peanut butter, sunflower seeds, almond flour, coconut and coconut flour?

Thanks for any help.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi Pam....

Of course, nut butters are fine, as well as flours. Count the carbs, of course, like in any LC plan. Nuts are soooo easy to overeat..LOL..

You need to post on our Sizzling Slimmer Challenge for July...
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Thanks Carolyn and I do watch that thread but I'm just bad about posting regularly.

I have another question after reading some of the other threads. In Barry Groves book Trick and Treat he mentioned joining a low-carb message board to get some insight and after reading his respones to some questions on here I wondered if this is the board he was talking about.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hmmm...his board is second opinions, but sometimes he shows up here...More in the older days, though..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote