Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Sizzling Slimmers July Challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/776845-sizzling-slimmers-july-challenge.html)

CarolynF 07-01-2012 06:54 AM

Sizzling Slimmers July Challenge

Good morning...

One pound of fat has left the building in June...:)

How did everyone do this month???

Hot again...Check in later, ladies..

Just a little note that I have meant to post..NOW the LC community is thinking that eating too much protein can cause weight stalls or gains..:) Barry Groves has been saying this all along, so
let's hear it for our Barry.

TuscanGirl 07-01-2012 09:39 AM

Morning!

Great title, Carolyn!

I ate bacon this morning and had issues.
Totally changing my eating is going to be hard!

sjl330 07-01-2012 12:43 PM

142.8 this morning so down .8 for the month. My low for this month was 139.2! Since I'm maintaining I might just start posting my low for the month rather than my weight on the first of the month.

I know that's true about the protein, but I hate that fact!!! I love my meat!!!! Lol.

CarolynF 07-01-2012 01:26 PM

Mary Kay..Your poor little "insides"..Hope you get relief soon..:(

Low for the month is a great thing..You certainly are maintaining well...

TuscanGirl 07-01-2012 03:05 PM

I'm hovering - is that the same as maintaining?
:D

sjl330 07-01-2012 05:35 PM

I say yes MK!

CindyCRNA 07-01-2012 05:40 PM

I refuse to weigh! There was a lot of BBQ, french fries and margaritas in Ohio!! A lot!! And Dippin' Dots. Ever heard of Dippin' Dots?? Evil, pure evil! Did I mention margaritas??

TuscanGirl 07-02-2012 05:24 AM

Morning!

Thanks Sandy! :D

Cindy - :laugh:
Sounds like a fun time! And I know about Dippin' Dots!! I've heard of margaritas too! ;)

JessBunny 07-02-2012 06:39 AM

Looks like everyone had a pretty good month!

Cindy: It sounds like you had lots of fun in Ohio! Oh and those deliciously evil little dots of tasty frozen treat, havenít had them for a few years now but boy are they yummy!

Carolyn: Iím having your cookie bars again this week for breakfast, I just canít seem to get enough of those things!

Iím down 7 for the month, but Iíve been bouncing between 318 and 320 for the past week. I was 320 this morning but 318 yesterday. Maybe I need more exercise. The heat makes me feel lazy, even though I spend most of my day in AC :hyst:

sjl330 07-02-2012 06:40 AM

Yep, I know dippin' dots and I'm actually intimately acquainted with Margaritas. Lol. And I run into Barbie Q once in a while too. I guess we run in the same circles?

Carolyn, I made the homemade ice cream FINALLY! It never got harder than soft serve?? Is that the way it's supposed to do? Do you think if I only put 1/2 the glycerine it would make it a bit more firm? It was delicious, I'd just like it a bit firmer.

Buffy45 07-02-2012 08:10 AM

Morning!
Great July name Carolyn.

Dippin Dots, little bits of goodness.

I haven't weighed for a while, clothes feel the same so don't think there have been any changes, good or bad.

CarolynF 07-02-2012 08:59 AM

Good morning ladies..

Cindy: yup..I know all about dippin dots..LOL..You always take off your weight quickly..
No problem..

MK: Hovering is a good thing, too..I don't think we can weigh the same every day cuz of water retention, etc...:) Hope you are feeling better.

Sandy: Yes, it is like soft serve. But, try cutting back on the glycerine and see what happens..Otherwise, it is like a rock..:(

Jess: Wowza for you, girl..That is amazing..7 pounds. Pretty soon you will be in Twoterville..:)

Did my Slow Burn at my exercise place, then did an errand or two..Doing sheets ..waiting for my new mattress to come..:) Not a pillow top..A plush top..Valmont, Posturpedic..I hope it is as comfortable as it was in the store. Our mattress is going
downstairs in Beth's bedroom and that mattress is leaving the building..

JMCM1 07-02-2012 10:04 AM

Hello all,
Cindy you look so slim I'm glad to hear your venture out of your way of eating occasionally. The worst I did was find a bunch of ice cream in the freezer where we were vacationing. Two bites. Not kidding. But only because it didn't knock me down with pleasure as I had hoped. I would have eaten the whole freezer empty otherwise.
Still no wheat. I brought my own "bread". Going home today. Back is on the mend. My family waited on me hand and foot. And back.

I'm going to make Carolyn's ice cream when I get back. and the cookie bars Jess is talking about. And then I can wonder if I don't continue to lose weight!

New mattresses make me happy. I hope yours makes you happy, Carolyn.

Sandy I love hearing you & MK are maintaining. Someday that will be the rest of us!

Hope this "holiday week" has some fun and laughter in store for all of us.

CarolynF 07-02-2012 12:18 PM

Judy: All things in moderation..LOL..Glad your back is on the mend..

In KS we can shoot fireworks ourselves..LOl..Brett bought some for when Rachel comes to visit.

Cindy is slim.

JMCM1 07-02-2012 01:12 PM

Carolyn is that you & your dh in your avi? How pretty!

CindyCRNA 07-02-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCM1 (Post 15769729)
Hello all,
Cindy you look so slim I'm glad to hear your venture out of your way of eating occasionally. The worst I did was find a bunch of ice cream in the freezer where we were vacationing. Two bites. Not kidding. But only because it didn't knock me down with pleasure as I had hoped. I would have eaten the whole freezer empty otherwise.
Still no wheat. I brought my own "bread". Going home today. Back is on the mend. My family waited on me hand and foot. And back.

I'm going to make Carolyn's ice cream when I get back. and the cookie bars Jess is talking about. And then I can wonder if I don't continue to lose weight!

New mattresses make me happy. I hope yours makes you happy, Carolyn.

Sandy I love hearing you & MK are maintaining. Someday that will be the rest of us!

Hope this "holiday week" has some fun and laughter in store for all of us.

Judy, I get that. I have gotten to the spot where if I'm gonna eat the whole dang thing, it better taste perfect! If not, I won't. I did finish the Dippin' Dots though......:laugh:

janetsbreeze 07-02-2012 01:53 PM

Hi everyone :)
I am new to the EFGT way of eating but am finding that I feel so much better when I eat with a high fat percentage. I have yet to read the book - that is next on my agenda!

CarolynF 07-02-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMCM1 (Post 15770282)
Carolyn is that you & your dh in your avi? How pretty!

That is us..Obviously taken in the winter..LOL..:)

Hi Janet....;) Welcome to our Sizzling group.

CindyCRNA 07-02-2012 02:25 PM

For the new comers: Dippin' Dots are NOT on plan!!

DebbyL 07-02-2012 04:40 PM

Oh my! I lost you guys for a few days!:o

I'm doing well with the changes. Still have to work on the coffee thing, not down to 2 cups yet... But I have switched from sugar twin to fructose. I'm drinking more of my coffee's at half strength with vanilla almond milk, but a few of them with my old international creamer... baby steps.

No night sweat last night! :) that's new... no headache last 2 days either. And its impossible to take a nap. The adrenal support is working. In fact I have had energy to do things I usually avoid (cleaned the throw-it-all drawer). Just have to get my head to catch up with this. :stars: Cause I'd rather be lazy! :hyst:

I have to avoid milk, soy, chemicals, egg yolks, & sunflower seeds. Any ideas of high-protein to add to my breakfast?

:shake:

TuscanGirl 07-02-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 15770439)
For the new comers: Dippin' Dots are NOT on plan!!

But they should be!

I was perfect today - no gluten and no problems! :D

Debby - what about sausage? ham? bacon?
Do nitrites or nitrates bother you?

Carolyn - love the new avi!!

Hi Janet! :shake:

What is the cookie bar recipe?

Hi Sandy!
Hi Buffy!

DebbyL 07-02-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 15771008)
Debby - what about sausage? ham? bacon?
Do nitrites or nitrates bother you?

Thanks for the try, ya, nitrates are out.

CarolynF 07-02-2012 07:24 PM

Hi gang..

:) thanks for the avatar compliments..

Gosh, Debby...Yikes..on your breakie..I was thinking of sausage/ham/bacon, too..How about a egg protein shake with almond milk..No cheese, huh? You might have leftover
"dinner" for your breakfast..

MK: That cookie bar is on the Recipe Bulletin board called Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars..:)

DebbyL 07-02-2012 07:30 PM

Thanks,
I've been eating raw oats, coconut oil, & sunflower seeds with protein powder for breakfast, now I have lost the protein powder & sunflower seeds... added hemp seeds, coconut & almond milk to the mix, but the protein is still low. I'm trying to think of other nuts or seeds, maybe... dried egg whites would probably be gross, once the milk hit it.
My plan is more like 30/30/40; so enjoying my oats. :)

Do any of you eat Coconut Oil at dinner time? I have been avoiding it, because it kind of perks me up... does it keep you awake?

TuscanGirl 07-02-2012 08:03 PM

Debby - there is a vegan egg substitute! Would that work?
Also cup of broccoli has 3 grams of protein!

TuscanGirl 07-02-2012 08:05 PM

Debby - I tried to put a link in the last post, but the moderator has to approve it.
So check your messages.

DebbyL 07-02-2012 08:23 PM

Thank you Mary Kay,
Great info. I will be very informed as I choose my seeds & nuts. :shake:

TuscanGirl 07-03-2012 05:33 AM

Morning!

I have a blood test this morning, some errands and then a facial.
DH is home and hopefully we'll be giving some old furniture to charity today and cleaning out our sunroom!
We really need to get rid of all the stuff we've accumulated over the last 30 years!!

JMCM1 07-03-2012 05:56 AM

Oh Mary Kay. That cleanout/giveaway is so daunting, then feels SO great!

Debby if you've had the energy to clean out your junk drawer, you are doing well. You do have a lot of restraints for breakfast! I like what Carolyn said - maybe dinner for breakfast. You can have egg whites but no yolks and no cheese? Can you have pumpkin? And can you have artificial sweeteners or do you not prefer that?

And now that you have all that energy - I remember making my own sausage when I was younger. I suppose I used a meat grinder, but you might just get some ground pork and add the spices you like. Make a bunch and freeze it.

:)

JMCM1 07-03-2012 06:41 AM

Debby - I subscribe to lots of different low carb blogs and websites - always looking for recipes. Would something like this fit your way of eating?

HEALTHIFIED PROTEIN WAFFLES - Maria Emmerich
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup JAY ROBB vanilla egg white or whey protein
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 TBS aluminum free baking powder
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 eggs
4 TBS butter or coconut oil, melted

Preheat waffle iron to high. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry. Let sit for 5 minutes. Bake according to your waffle iron directions. Makes 10 waffles.

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per waffle)
Traditional Waffle = 223 calories, 8.5g fat, 5g protein, 27 carbs, 0.7g fiber (26.3 effective
"Healthified" Waffle = 144 calories, 8g fat, 12.2g protein, 4g carbs, 2.1g fiber (1.9 effective)