Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
LOL..Will Buffy see Mary Kay in Aspen? It can't be that big of a town...

Exercised and worked at the church library, then had a small grilled chicken salad for lunch with a friend. Now it's laundry time.

Men that eat all they want and don't gain...GRRR...We have a man at church, who eats a lot and is still very slim and can fit into his Army uniform...He is 62..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Men can skip lunch and lose 10 pounds.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #153

LOL, Judy...
Old 07-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Location: Belize, Central America but I am from Helena, Alabama
Gallery: dbglasgow
Stats: 170/165/145 5'8"
WOE: Low Carb/Yeast Free/Clean eating
Start Date: July 2009/re-start July 2012
Looking for a thread that fits my WOE

Hello All.... Hope you don't mind if I jump in here. I have been living the low carb lifestyle for many years... with great success but there have been two or three times over the years that I got bored and decided to try a different WOE... always the same result (weight gain). I'm at that place now, where I have gained about 20 lbs so about a week and half ago I returned to eating VLC. I feel my best when I eat higher fat, moderate protein and very low carbs. I basically do the Ketogenic diet so I was looking for a thread specially about that but it seems that the "Eat Fat Get Thin" plan is pretty much the way I eat so I would love to join this thread if that's ok?

My percentages are not the perfect 10-15% carb; 20-25% protein; 70% fat.

Today: Carbs: 3g/1%; Proteins: 112g/40%; Fats: 72g/59%

I guess I should try to lower my proteins and then I could eat a few more veggies for carbs. Today I ate a lot of tuna and then hamburger for dinner so got a lot of protein. I use coconut oil and real butter to add fat when needed.

Any advice or suggestions are welcome. I'm feeling great but would really like to speed up the weight loss... only 3 lbs lost so far but it's been less than 2 weeks.

July 2012: 170 lbs.
Current: 160/sz 10
Goal: 145/ sz 6
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Darlene!

Your diet sounds amazing... I'm doing a lot more moderate diet, with adding CO but I think most the ladies here are doing closer to what the diet said. It will be interesting to hear how you do!

I just noticed you're in Belize! Wow. A beautiful country! We rode through there a few year ago, on our motorcycle... fun!

Last edited by DebbyL; 07-11-2012 at 03:29 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm pretty new, too.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There's a good thread on here with the correct percentages. If you eat 1200 calories/day I think that would be 60 grams of protein so that might impact the way you have been eating.

I think eating more fat made eating low carb, lower protein so "do-able".
Old 07-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Darlene!

Your diet sounds amazing... I'm doing a lot more moderate diet, with adding CO but I think most the ladies here are doing closer to what the diet said. It will be interesting to hear how you do!

I just noticed you're in Belize! Wow. A beautiful country! We rode through there a few year ago, on our motorcycle... fun!
Yes Debby, we live in Belize. We are missionaries and have been here 8 years. We will be moving back to the Alabama next March to take a years Sabbatical.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbglasgow View Post
Yes Debby, we live in Belize. We are missionaries and have been here 8 years. We will be moving back to the Alabama next March to take a years Sabbatical.
Great! Where are you in Belize? I wonder if we were in your town?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #160
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
I did a dive trip to Belize about 1 1/2 years ago. Did the Mayan Ruins and "cave tubing" and a zip line. A lot of fun!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I did a dive trip to Belize about 1 1/2 years ago. Did the Mayan Ruins and "cave tubing" and a zip line. A lot of fun!
We love to dive but haven't gotten to do as much as what we thought we would... we just stay too busy hosting mission teams... we do snorkel with them a lot. Belize is beautiful. We live in the far South among the Mayan Indian Villages.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great! Where are you in Belize? I wonder if we were in your town?
We live in the Stann Creek District, about 50 miles south of Dangriga on the Southern Hwy. We are not in a Village. Our camp is out by it's self but we are about 8 miles north of the Village of Independence.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
We love to dive but haven't gotten to do as much as what we thought we would... we just stay too busy hosting mission teams... we do snorkel with them a lot. Belize is beautiful. We live in the far South among the Mayan Indian Villages.
Sounds great! We rode all over that area... so beautiful. Thankful for people like you that are so faithful to the call.
Blessings!
Old 07-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #164

Hi everyone...

Cindy: How was your weekend trip???? Any pictures of your half/sister??

Hi Darlene..Welcome to our group... The LC cruise is stopping in Belize next year, but
in May....

I had the most amazing lady stay with me overnight..She is a singer/inspirational singer..Brenda Copeland, if anyone has heard her..It was incredible..I told her a bit
about LCarb, but didn't overdo it..(As I fed her a Braum's carrot cake muffin and orange juice)..I threw away the rest of the muffins..Yeah me..

Having coleslaw noodles tonight with meatballs (I made) and sauce and cheese..Am I in a rut??? LOL

Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone

It's been a good day... got back to walking today. I've missed several days because we have been really busy and because it's the rainy season here. I walked 30 minutes at 4mph this morning before breakfast.

I'm down 1.8 lbs... so now at 165.2

Had eggs/sausage for b'fast; tuna for lunch; snacked on 1 oz of cheese and a few almonds... may have a ribeye for dinner if I'm hungry.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn I think you must be very strong. Carrot cake muffins from Braum's would get my attention in a very bad way. I think that's how I'm staying on track - no off-plan food in front of my nose!

I put the cookies my mother brought in my husband's office before I even sniffed them! My mother is a wonderful baker. I think I will begin to supply her with almond flour, coconut flour, and artificial sweeteners...

Darlene it is so much fun to lose weight! I can't wait until I can report more weight loss. But I lost a lot pretty fast, so I'm not complaining (10 pounds in a month). Congrats to you!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #167

Judy: Honestly, my garbage can is my best friend..He keeps me legal. I have crossed the bridge about feeling bad about throwing food away. It is very freeing...
Old 07-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since our kids are out of the house, I occasionally get brave and throw away food. It is difficult for me. Not impossible. Just difficult.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, no wonder...

Well, I just got back from seeing the Dr & getting my test results. Last week my TSH was almost 5 this week its 7.43; T3 is 1.1; t4 is 16.4
Its no wonder I'm in such a brain fog & metabolism is slowing down. I actually got the Dr. that doesn't care about T3 & T4; and he doesn't like natural thyroid, but went ahead & gave me a prescription for it. Wants me to get tested again in a week, to see if the dose is helping. I can't get in to see the NP till next week, so I was so glad to get the prescription from him. Pretty cheap too!
I picked it up & took a dose right away!! I need relief!
My daughter & her family will be arriving tonight. I sure need some energy!!!
Oh, he also said the wt. gain would be from the thyroid levels going out of whack...
Thanks friends, for sticking in here with me. Its great to talk to people who understand & sympathize!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #170
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Good heavens! All of a sudden I have a great urge to go to Aspen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Men can skip lunch and lose 10 pounds.

Quote:

Thanks friends, for sticking in here with me. Its great to talk to people who understand & sympathize!

We're staying in Glenwood Springs this time - but DD25 lives and works in Aspen. We had lunch at Little Annie's today and did some shopping. DH and DD had cookies and ice cream at Paradise Bakery - I was good and bought one dairy free caramel.
Dinner tonight is in Carbondale at White House Pizza. They're supposed to have a dairy-free, gluten-free pizza. We'll see!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #171
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary Kay this sounds like a good trip! It's kind of nice that gluten-free is becoming more "popular".

Question for some of you longer-term low-carbers, If I went to eat pizza with my family, it seems like I could just eat the top. Has anyone ever done that?

I am making pizza tonight at home in honor of MK. I'm making the kind with a cauliflowers crust. Will let you know...
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #172

Debby: It takes more than a week to see the benefits of thyroid meds..Most times it takes about 6-8 weeks..What did he give you for a prescription? What dosage?

Hmmm..Judy, yes I have done this..eating the tops..but you don't get too full and I need a salad with the tops..My "rule" when we rarely go to the Pizza Hut buffet is to only take 3 pieces and eat the tops, because 3 pieces is what I would eat normally..with a salad..

MKay: One dairy free caramel..I hope it was good... Wonder what they make the crust out of?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #173

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi all,
I've been away a couple of days to the lake with my DD and her family. They're celebrating 2 birthdays this week and decided to do it at the lake and invited me. They're all still there; I only went for 2 days. I'm pooped out! But had a great time. Not much low carb food or drink was served so I'll face the music in the morning and get back on the straight and narrow.

Welcome to all the newbies! And bon voyage to Buffy and MK. I hope you run into each other in Aspen.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back, Sandy!
When I come back from the lake I am always glad I went, and glad I can come home.

And then I do laundry...
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Debby: It takes more than a week to see the benefits of thyroid meds..Most times it takes about 6-8 weeks..What did he give you for a prescription? What dosage?
1/2 of a 30 mg. Since I felt hyperthyroid on the low dose of synthroid, we're going from low dose up this time. I will be seeing the ND next week though, and she may change it.
I'm just relieved to be getting help, my heart has gotten down to 40 bpm when I'm up & moving around. Actually have had to force myself to eat the last 5 days too... very weird.
Hope you all are losing wt.!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.4/128
WOE: Weight Watchers lower carb
That is concerning, Debby. But I'm glad you are getting the right kind of help. I hope the natural thyroid will work better for you. So many people say that it does. It will just take a period of adjustment. Hope you feel better soon!

I have Hashimoto's and just came back from seeing a new acupuncturist who specializes in working with that. I also am battling neuropathy and hip bursitis and various other aches and pains. She told me that people who have autoimmune thyroid disease have a gene that makes us gluten intolerant. So now I must go completely gluten free, for at least 6 months! I can't imagine that.

I see that at least a couple of you are on gluten free. Have you noticed a real difference in how you feel?

No dessert is a good dessert!

*Serena*
Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #177
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I think I had altitude sickness yesterday!
I was nauseated, really tired, dizzy, . . . . I'm OK in Glenwood Springs at 5,000 ft, but back and forth from Aspen at 9,000 to Carbondale at 7,000 to Glenwood to Aspen really messed me up.

We're getting ready to go back to Carbondale, so I hope I've acclimated!
Fingers crossed!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #178

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
MK, get Tums and chew them throughout the day. I have a friend who swears by that cure and I've read several testimonials from lots of others.

Wow, Debby, 40 bpm??? That would scare me!

Serena, I don't eat completely gluten free but have been pretty much wheat free for awhile. I notice way less aches and pains.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh darn that altitude sickness! I know you probably know this, so I'll annoyingly say it anyway - drink lots of water.
I've had it off and on, too! I wonder what determines it - sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. Never know. But I used to be happy not wanting to eat, at least!
Reminds me of that line (I'll botch it up) from The Devil Wears Prada, "I'm one stomach flu away from my perfect weight."

Serena, I don't know if I can separate my gluten-free from my increased fat intake, decreased protein, addition of coconut oil and eating very few carbs. I did it all at once and I sleep well at night (I'm 54), I feel well each day, and my brain is not foggy. Kinda. What were we talking about?
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #180

Hi ladies..

I am at the library waiting for a new tire for Brett's car..LOL. Glad the tire shop is downtown and near the coffee shop, too..

Welcome back, Sandy...Glad you had fun at the lake, but I imagine it being so hot and exhausting, too..

Debby: Wow..that is not very much, but it is a good start. I'm sure you will need more, but testing is always good..

Serena...Most LCers are gluten free for the most part..No LC bread or tortillas, of course (not really that great anyway)..

MK: Yikes, altitude sickness sounds awful..Like seasickness..I wonder if dramamine would help..

Judy: Brain fog??? LOL..

Dh is leaving for NC next week..I might see if he is passing by any cousins in SC as he is driving through that state, too.

Doing my Slow Burn at the gym after the car is fixed..More muscle power..which I really need badly..
Closed Thread