Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mamalaw
Stats: 291/260/140 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: May 1,2012
Hello ladies I've been MIA for a while but I'm back. Good news no gain....bad news no loss, but now that the 4th is behind me I have nothing coming up to get in the way until thanksgiving so I'm jumping in with both feet tomorrow.
Don't like dots but margaritas and I are close friends.
I have a question...What kind of losses have you all had following the EFGT lifestyle?
EFGT reminds me of Atkins just not a total meat fest and I did fine on it, losing 33, until I started eating to much meat, which I didn't realize was the cause of my stall until I found this board. for that by the way.
Another question....I have been seeing a lot about T-Tapp is it good for someone with REALLY bad knees and ankles??
Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th.
~Lisa

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #62
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
hi Lisa!
Welcome back!!
I lost really well on EFGT!! once i got my percentages right, of course!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
Another question....I have been seeing a lot about T-Tapp is it good for someone with REALLY bad knees and ankles??
Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th.
~Lisa
Hi mamalaw,
Yes, T-Tapp would be great for you... check out all the different work-outs & read up on them first. There are all kinds of levels. I think she was some kind of therapist before & created exercises for people with physical dis-advantages.

I haven't really been able to go on the EFGT diet yet myself. I'm on about 40/30/30... but adding more fat all the time. Love Coconut oil.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
I looked a bit online for the T-tapp dvds .. even on Ebay they are pretty darn pricey. There were a few "samples" on youtube, watched one and I think I am way too dyslexic to follow that ! hehehe. I am open, though and will keep watching Ebay for a deal.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:19 AM   #65
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Did everyone have a good 4th..We had some great fireworks in town..They do a great job for a small town. Now tonight Brett and Rachel will light theirs in the backyard..Get out the hose..

Ladies coming this morning..I made a LC dessert..the banana split cake, but I didn't use bananas, just strawberries/raspberries/blueberries..and real whipped cream. I made it yesterday and the cream didn't look as fluffy this morning, but that is fine.

T-Tapp's prices have shot up..Maybe you could get some used ones on Amazon..

Off to start the coffee...

Old 07-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning! My dmil drove over for dinner last night and we went to see fireworks -- all wonderful.

Carolyn your morning sounds nice and as usual, whatever you are making/baking sounds so good to me!

I still haven't opened up my T-Tapp DVD, but I do like the idea of getting some used ones on Amazon. Good idea.

I wouldn't have known about it except so many different threads in these forums sing her praises. I'm going to let my dd32 borrow mine after awhile - she has many back issues.

mamalaw you are correct about EFGT - not a big protein-fest. That was something I found a little more difficult at first, but it has turned into something I can do easily. I think because of the added fat. I do think coconut oil has soothed my wonky gut.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #68
Princess Proofreader

I like the coconut oil too! I don't use very much - just a couple of teaspoons in the morning with my scrambled eggs, but maybe it's still helping.

How much are we 'supposed" to use?

I found the various stretching exercises on Youtube - of course they're all individual segments, but I might be able to string together a good stretch.

What is their order?

Carolyn - Judy is right ~ you have a fun life!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

Going to be getting ready to go to Colorado with my kids in a week so extra busy here, and I need to get to Austin to have DDIL color my hair before I go.

Why does time go so fast now that I go so slow?
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #70

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Buffy, What part are you going to? We're going out in Aug. to the Dillon area and have been very concerned about all the fires. My dad's neighbor and his family were in Co Spgs and were evacuated from their hotel to a gym with cots to sleep on one night. Then there were going to be allowed back to their room but told they'd probably be evacuated again. So they all came home. It was very disappointing for his children of course, but how devastating for all those poor people who live there!

No fireworks for us this year. Past our bedtime, lol. I did hear some in the neighborhood but could never tell where they were coming from. I wonder if they got ticketed and fined?

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #71

Hi gals..

The ladies loved the LC dessert..Who doesn't love whipped cream and berries? I just had another piece for my lunch. I think I will hide it and enjoy it for breakfast the next two days..Dh has his Scotch eggs anyway..LOL..

Oh...hoping for a good time and good weather in CO for you Buffy..I would be concerned about the fires, too, Sandy..

Mary Kay..I don't think it matters on the order, just do the gentler ones first to warm you up..And the coconut oil..take it slow as those coconut oil calories count..but are healthy for us..and our little brains. Tops is 3 Tbs. a day..

Now, Rachel is coming and we are going to watch The Bachelorette that I dvred together. I'm glad she likes trash tv, too.. LOL..
Old 07-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh gosh - another reason to adore Carolyn.... it's my not-so-secret pleasure: Trash TV.
I watch very very little TV these days, but when I do, it's awful.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #73

LOL..Bachelorette, So You Think You Can Dance, The Biggest Loser, Extreme Makeover..the Weight Loss Edition..some of my favorites...LOL..
Old 07-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can see your Biggest Loser and raise you the Real Housewives shows.
Absolutely.
Awful.
The Biggest Loser is good! Makes me cry though, usually.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #75

Sandy is our Real Housewives' fan..

Oh, Sandy..Brett is going to be in a wedding in OPark this Saturday..I wonder if this is your church..
Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Mary Kay thanks for answering my question. I understand I'm having a hard time getting my percentages right but practice make perfect right.

Debby thanks for the T Tapp info. I will look it up on youtube since I don't hve the $$ to buy it right now.

Buffy have a fun and safe trip.

Judy yes I am starting to truly like coconut oil.

My fav TV is Dancing with the Stars and So you think you can dance
Old 07-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to ask...Any suggestions on what to eat if eating out? Thanks for the tips
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalaw View Post
I forgot to ask...Any suggestions on what to eat if eating out? Thanks for the tips
I have done it twice since I started eating this way so I'm probably not the best answer, but I have my answer. I ate one time at Outback. I got the small ahi tuna with the sauces on the side and I got a Caesar salad gluten free (so they did not bring croutons). The calorie count on their website for those items is astronomical! But I didn't have but a whisper of the sauces and I didn't finish my salad, so....I guesstimated.

The other time I ate out I had salad and fish. I tried to choose things that would not derail me. I might have had too many calories for that meal, but evidently it all evens out. So far at least, as I have 18 more pounds I'd like to lose.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Serena11
Stats: 172.8/164.8/128
Hi, I was wondering if I might fit in better here than on the induction thread. I have just got so I can't stand eating very much protein, and much prefer fat and creamy foods, and vegetables. Everything is better with bacon! In the morning I have a little veggie omelet with bacon, and drizzle olive oil on top. For lunch and dinner I added low carb fresh veggies with butter, and eat no more than about 3 oz. protein, usually fish with mayo or in a lemon-butter sauce. I am eating just a bit of fruit, and nuts with butter. I was stalled on induction, but since I switched to higher fat, lower protein, and more vegetables I started losing again. I need to lose about 30 lbs. Do you think the way I am eating is close to the EFGT program?

BTW, I also love So You Think You Can Dance, Bachelorette (who do you think she'll end up with?), and Extreme Makeover Weight Loss.

*Serena*
Old 07-06-2012, 06:42 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I am guilty of TV "junk food" too. I am so happy that I can get things on the internet for free. Cable is just not in the budget. I love SYTYCD and the bachelorette too! I have no idea which one she will go for. She is taking a big chance, so many couples on the bachelor and bachelorette have not worked out.

Welcome Serena ... I love your quote ( everything is better with bacon) I am right there with ya~
Old 07-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #81
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

Going to be getting ready to go to Colorado with my kids in a week so extra busy here, and I need to get to Austin to have DDIL color my hair before I go.
We're going to be in Aspen next week visitng DD25!

Welcome everyone!
And yes - everything is better with bacon!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #82

I love BACON!!!!

Carolyn, you can see our church from Lakeview when you visit your aunt. Is that where the wedding is? What a hot weekend for a wedding! Thank goodness it's not outdoors!

I never struggle eating out unless we go Mexican or Italian. Then the tempations sometimes do me in. I just always order meat and veggies or salad. I admit I don't have to watch my calories as closely as some but I've really never had a problem if I keep to meat and veggies and fat.

Serena, welcome and yes, it sounds like you're doing EFGT. Have you figured out your percentages of each yet? That would confirm it for you.

I fixed ginger glazed salmon with faux "fried rice" last night and DH loved it! It was very good but I need to keep my rice a bit larger pieces next time. The salmon was fabulous!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #83

Hi ladies...

I love our new friends.. Welcome, welcome..

I have seen your church when we visited Aunt Leta..but that is in Lenexa, right? I think Patrick church is in OPark..The kids are leaving for KCity and eating at Oklahoma Joe's for lunch today. I hope they enjoy their time with Beth and Shawn..

Serena: If you want to know who she will end up with (I'm very curious), go to Reality Steve and he has it there..LOL..Yup, too much protein acts like carbs and will raise your blood sugar..not good..

Ebeads: Yup, very few "work out" in Bachelorette land..But you never know. That is why we keep watching..

Sandy: Do you grate your cauliflower with the large end of the grater? I've always put mine the food processor and it is pretty small...

We eat out and I never have a problem ordering food..Salad/veggies/meat..When I'm in a regular restaurant..Mexican is a different story..When I am very good, I order a taco salad with no tortilla bowl..

I was 151 this morning..I think it was all that whipped cream I had yesterday..One more piece for tomorrow's breakfast..
Old 07-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Carolyn, once the people are on the bachelor or bachelorette, their lives are so public. It can't be easy. You know, though, I always wonder about all of the people who are on the biggest loser ... not just the winners. The statistics for regain are so large... I guess I am morbidly curious as to who kept the weight off. I know a few in the past have been public about regain, but they lose so fast, sometimes I think it is unrealistic once the tv show is over.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ebeads I feel that way about other "interventions" in people's lives, too.

Everybody has something they are battling. Weight struggle is more visible than some others.

Carolyn when you are making cauliflower rice do you just put in some trimmed cauliflower florets and pulse? I have a head of cauliflower and have yet to get the nerve to rice it. It's waiting for me patiently, though! And Sandy I would be interested in how you do your "rice", too.

I'll change my signature to "needy". LOL!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #86

I used my food processor but next time I'll use my grater. I think that might keep it from being too small. It can get overcooked quite quickly if it's too small of pieces.

I just talked to my DGS and he asked me to watch the baby tonight. Yay!~!!!!!! We're going to take him out to eat with us, which should be fun. Or funny, whichever way you want to look at it, lol.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #87

Oh...have fun with the baby tonight..

Judy: I put mine through the chute in the processor with the grater blade in it..I think it gets it more even.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:48 PM   #88
Princess Proofreader

I went to see Moonrise Kingdom tonight.
Very quirky!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #89

Quirky, hmmmmm. Interesting......It looks quirky. I think we're going to see For Greater Glory tomorrow. Dinner with the baby was fun! He loves grilled cheese sammies!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #90

.....and dh took me to The Amazing Spiderman in 3D..He tolerated it..It was fun..

I'll have to look up those other movies..

Glad the baby likes grilled cheese..Nommie..
Closed Thread