Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
June is Busting Out All Over (in a good way) Challenge

Hi ladies..

Any "losers" this month?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
marking my spot tonight, in case I forget tomorrow, LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
dee
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dee
Stats: (HW196)188/181.4/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart Nov 26.13 (formerly HHCG 2 rounds)
HI all, I have just finished reading EFGT and I have been perusing the forum I didn't join fit day until tonight though so I had no idea how much I was eating. I kept track...but it didn't look all that bad on paper. I got 2039 cals, 163 g fat (omg!) 115 carbs (holy crap) and 141 g of protein. Now, my totals are a bit skewed b/c I didn't eat the whole serving of the meat or potatoes so my actual amounts are less. So the percentages were Fat 59%, Carbs 18%, Protein 23% so my percentages are almost on target. A little over in the carbs and a little under in fat (right?) Still trying to wrap my head around the eat more fat less protein concept to lose weight. I can see how there might be something to this though...my mother is one of the thinnest people I know. She does not skimp on fat, I'll tell ya! I used to cringe when I watched her put cream in her soups (not skim milk like everyone else!) butter on her steak (and she never cuts off the fat, she eats it) and cream with her oatmeal!! Seems to be working well for her...yet her 2 daughters who were taught (read: brainwashed) by nutritionists to cut the fat, cut the fat! Needless to say, we are both overweight. So I am giving this the ole college try!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 AM   #4

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
No loss for me. I stayed the exact same: 143.

Learning to maintain better again I guess, which is a good thing.

Welcome dee!! ****** will be your friend. Keep your ratios correct and you should see good losses. Some peeps have to watch the calories in closely but I'm one of the lucky ones; if I keep my ratios on target I'll lose weight. Unless I'm just really going overboard and eating half a cow per day, lol.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Phone call got me out of bed and I didn't weigh. Will try to remember in the next few days, I don't weigh that often anymore.

Welcome dee, surprising how those calories add up and I am a firm believer in the idea that the non fat craze is what ruined the health of many of us and made us a nation of fat people.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
I agree with how damaging the low fat trend is. I was always a heavy child, which my mother hated. (Though she still hates that I'm fat now lol) I was dragged to all sorts of nutritionists, doctors, trainers and weight loss programs. All of which were strict calorie control and low fat, and they never worked. I despised every minute of it. But that was then and now that I'm an adult I need to sort out my issues for myself in my own way.

I had a good month which surprised me with everything that's been going on. But 8 pounds is pretty awesome. I'm getting closer to the 200 hundred's which is making me pretty excited.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Great title Carolyn!
Though I hope we all lose and don't bust out of anything important!

Dee - Welcome!
****** was my bible at the beginning and I'm thinking I should try it again just to see where I am!

Sandy - I weighed this morning but it can't be right, can it?
Must have been all the salt in the chili last night - and the fact this is my week off of body building . . .
I'll weigh next week!

Buffy - how are you doing? Recovered from your trip(s)?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #8

Hi ladies..

Welcome, Dee..You can do it.. Just skip the bad starchy/sugary carbs and you should be fine..and keep track of your food..which is always a Good Thing..

Jess: Wowza....hurray for you.

I do agree that the non-fat craze, which I participated in really brainwashed us..

I was the same..153.. Thank goodness..

Salt is not our friend, I'm afraid..and I balloon up, too when I had something salty.

Cleaned the parsonage today..It needed it and still does a bit. Akkk..the kitchen floor is ceramic tile with texture..Dirt gets caught in the indents and is very, hard to get out..any recommendations? We were scrubbing down on our knees today..one tile at a time..To be continued on Monday morning...

Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Cleaned the parsonage today..It needed it and still does a bit. Akkk..the kitchen floor is ceramic tile with texture..Dirt gets caught in the indents and is very, hard to get out..any recommendations? We were scrubbing down on our knees today..one tile at a time..To be continued on Monday morning...
Toothbrush?
Q-tips?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I dropped about 2 pounds from April (yard work) but feel the last 2 days I gained it back!!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #11

Went to the grocery and found a new scrub brush and some Pine-Sol..This worked on a little section of my floor where the dents were..so I'm hopeful that it will work on Monday with my little ladies..Bring a pillow..

Yeah...2 pounds is great, Cindy..Don't worry until July 1st..
Old 06-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
dee
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Jess, your stats look very impressive! Can I ask if you lost all your weight on this plan or a combination? If you don't mind saying, of course. Some are quite private about how they lose weight and others are more open.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
Always on, slightly off

Sandy, do you just use the Lemishine in the rinse agent pot thing or add a little to the whole thing or both?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #14

Cindy, my DW has 2 soap places. I put the lemishine in one and my detergent in the other and my rinse aid in the built in dispenser for it. I could see a difference the very first time I used it!

WTG Jess!!! Great loss!!!

We should all try to bust out and never give up! Out of our weight shackles that are trying to keep us prisoners! We can do it!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #15

Dee: I lost my weight doing LCarb for the last 10 years. Though, I have been up and down throughout those years, but not dramatically, so it is the only way I will eat..

Cindy: Did you buy the granulated Leminshine? That works best..I do like Sandy and always add it to the detergent..Then I get the liquid stuff and add it to my rinse agent dispenser.

Well, Dh and I are going over to clean the floor tomorrow..Called the installer and he recommended Mean Green. He said that tile is pretty resilient..He said to open the windows..LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
dee
Senior LCF Member

You all are getting me real excited to stick with this plan! I ate less today but ate more fat...and I thought I would feel worse. (Ok...I did but only for a few minutes). In the evening...I think I feel better? And I made soem chocolate bark. Holy man...it is my TOM and I needed a fix. That did it. Although I ate the whole batch (4 tbsp of CO). I made another batch...but I think it's safe in the freezer. I'm quite satisfied. Again, I gotta tell ya...it just didn't seem right to eat that kinda fat and expect to lose weight!! I'll let you know how the scale treats me tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #17
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Cindy: Did you buy the granulated Leminshine? That works best..I do like Sandy and always add it to the detergent..Then I get the liquid stuff and add it to my rinse agent dispenser.
I got the liquid. I will look for the granular next.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #18

Hi ladies..

Yup, Dee..coconut bark can be the kiss of death..LOL..Better hidden in the freezer for special occasions.

Cindy: You will be amazed at the granular..Even my stainless steel flatware is looking shiny now..LOL.

Floor at parsonage done...It took us about 3 hours and finally ended up with Muriatic Acid, poured on a small section of the floor..the dirt would rise up, scrub a little with scrub brush with long handle while holding your breath..Run to window and breathe..Then mop up with tons of water. Worked great. Lots of good ventilation, but
it is not for the faint of heart.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #19
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - wow! you need to take oxygen with you!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessBunny
Stats: 370/288/150
WOE: EFGT & Wheat Free
Start Date: 9/1/11
Thanks for all the congrats ladies!

Carolyn: That sounds like some heavy duty cleaning! I hope it looks brand new again when you are done.

I got some lemishine at Wal-Mart and tried it yesterday, and I think it helped. I read on the bottle that you are to run any empty load with it first but I already had a full dishwasher so I had to skip that step but I think I may have gotten better results if I did it.

Dee: When I first started last Sept I was doing mostly Atkins style low carb, it's what I had done years ago. But my weight lose was pretty slow and it stayed pretty slow. It slowed down even more when I switched my method of birth control and that was when I started hunting out other plans. I switched to EFGT in Feb and while I felt a little better eating a higher fat diet my weight lose didn't pick up by much. I had been spending the past several months trying to figure out a food allergy I developed. I've been allergic to tomatoes for a few years and knew the signs of a new allergy but I had problems pin pointing it. Turns out it was wheat. I eliminated wheat from my diet in April and my weight lose took off. I also stoped getting hives, acne, and dry skin. It was a really surprising reaction for me. But I've been losing faster and easier since getting rid of the wheat completely. I don't know if everyone would have the same reaction but if you are having trouble losing I would suggest dropping wheat for a few weeks and see how you feel.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
Princess Proofreader

Today went well.
Ordered carpet, tried to get to our safety dep box ~ closed on Saturday , lunch out!, library, church, dinner out and now watching Sherlock Holmes!

I used the Lemishine too and loved it!
Though I didn't see the part about running the DW empty first.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #22

Hi kids..

Dinner out with dh..Nice salad bar and bunless patty.. I was too tired to
cook..LOL..

I didn't run an empty dishwasher, either, but about the second time I ran my glasses they perked up and now my flatware is looking great..I use it all the time.. Leminshine stock should go up.

I got a call from a long lost cousin, who I didn't know I had or who he was..
He is my Great Aunt's grandson..We had a nice conversation and he wants some family information and shared some, too. I had an Uncle who died in Italy in WW II..They wrote a book about him. The Brenner Assignment..My cousin Charlie is going over there in the fall with his wife.. It was fun chatting with him..He is 70..lives in Columbia, SC.

Ordered carpet?? Good for you..Yup, only one drive-thru bank is open on Saturday here..MK.

Brett and Rachel went to a wedding today in Wichita. She was playing for it..organ/violin..I wonder if she caught the bouquet..LOL..
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #23

Good morning..

It seems as though we have rain every night..I think its a good thing. Farmers got the best wheat crop in many, many years they say..Too bad it is so bad for you..LOL...I tell Gary we are growing poison. A farmer rents out Gary's folks' farm...but he balances with grazing beef cows on the pasture land..LOL.

Hope you all have a good day..I think I had too much salt on the salad bar..I was afraid to weigh this a.m.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
I did weigh this morning :-(, won't say more about that right now.

I agree on the wheat elimination, just haven't been able to do it yet but keep reading more and more about it. Wow, if it would help this dry skin, nothing else ever has.

That floor cleaning sounds awful Carolyn, hope they keep it up and don't let it get so bad again.

I have used the lemishine once now, didn't see a difference so far, but then after I emptied DW, I ran a cycle with just lemishine. Also, I know my DW is old and isn't doing as good a job as it used to but it still gets most of the dishes clean and with just the 2 of us, I really hate to spend the money on a new one, so will limp along with this one for now. Will report if the lemishine starts working better.

Did anyone/everyone watch Hatfields and McCoys? I taped it and watched it all at once, it was interesting but wow, what senseless killing of each other. I always thought it was over bootlegging, guess I had never really read up on it.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #25

I love my lemishine!!

Yes we watched the Hatfield's & McCoys. Very interesting but really sad too. Senseless is right!

Wow muriatic acid is dangerous stuff! I'm glad you got that job done.

Cloudy, rainy and cool here today and we were supposed to go to DGS's house to inaugurate the pool season with his new liner in his pool. I guess it'll have to wait.

I want new carpet!!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #26

Hi gang,

Well, Gary didn't have any adverse effects from the "acid" yesterday..So, that is good news..

Buffy: Maybe your glasses weren't cloudy like mine so you didn't see a big difference.
Yes, getting a new dishwasher is not a necessity until you see smoke (like I did) or have a big hole in the bottom, which dh patched up. Mine is about 6 years old and since they changed the formula on the soap, everything was cloudy.. Now, everything is sunny..

Yup..Sandy...not a fun pool day, plus you have to wait until Mr. Sun heats up that water..
Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #27
dee
Senior LCF Member

Update: I actually lost a lb after eating the whole serving of choc bark (4 tbsp of coconut oil) and really found my appetite suppressed the next day. So much so that I only ate 1/2 serving the next day of the choc bark. It's a little too rich for me to ever have more Than the whole serving. I did seem to notice a difference in my energy level as it is usually low so I was pleasantly surprised about that. I stayed the same the last 2 days but considering it is my TOM I can't complain about that. This next week i hope to have good news to report . Hope you all have a good evening
Old 06-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #28
Princess Proofreader

Old 06-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #29

Great, Dee...

See you all in the a.m.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #30
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I've already been to the grocery store and i'm ready to leave for the gym.

DH is on a business trip all week, but he left me with a list today of things i need to get for DS23's new car and what we need to sell the old one.

If I never surface again, send in the troops!

BBL!
Closed Thread